Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

[S] Ascend.
[S] Descend.
[S] Cascade.
[S] Engage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I'm not even sure where we go from here. How exactly are any of the characters suppose to respond to this?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I knew to expect something big when I saw a bunch of new pages and a flash. I can't say I expected this :stare:

Triskelli posted:

Goddammit, I don't remember what it was called now, but someone in the thread linked a half-decent metafic that was a GameFAQs for Sburb, and it said that "Trickster Mode" was a virus in the game that infected players and should be avoided at all costs. To see actually happen though...

Also, my guess is that because Jake was too stupid to say the actual name, it didn't count as him actually giving her the Juju, she got an "empty" version of Caliborn's sucker, and instead of the amulet we saw for a moment when they combined, we got... this.

Judging by Gamzee's reaction, I think you might be onto the something. If this is true, doesn't that also mean HIC would end up with a trickster lollipop because Calliope never actually gifted her the code directly?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
When Gamzee dosen't even know what the gently caress, you know things have gone to hell. :stare:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I notice that in the end frame there is stardust behind her.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

escape mechanism posted:

I never expected trickster mode to make it into the actual storyline, and feel silly for not seeing it coming. This can only go to wonderfully bizarre and awkward places.

Did you install a script (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/94538) for translating Serenity's morse code when she had her conversation with Roxy? It translates morse code into the latin alphabet as an alt-text to the text, but also repeats the latin text (minus spaces) in the same way.

That would be it :v: thanks!

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

This was for everyone who said that Jane was boring. LOOK WHAT YOU"VE DONE.

Feranon posted:

Maybe Lord English is just Caliborn in trickster mode. Either way, :stare:

Trickster Lord English should be Señor Español, with a Dia de los Muertos sugar skull for a head (if any fan artists reading this feel so inspired...)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The last time Gamzee looked this baffled was when he was kicked in the shame globes by a vampire.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Is it at all possible Calliope/Caliborn had no idea what their jujus did when combined? My mind is still struggling to process the update. I don't see how this can be as insanely powerful as it has been built up to be. We have yet to see Trickster Mode in action, but it seems a bit odd.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 9, 2013

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

I saw it coming the moment the spiral lollipop was made and it was more horrifying than anything I could I could ever imagine.

This update is amazing. I'm in awe.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I'll never ask for Jane to keep making amazing faces ever again. It's been taken too far. It's gone horrifyingly wrong.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Spellman posted:

[S] Ascend.
[S] Descend.
[S] Cascade.
[S] Engage.
So, what will the "B" one be?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

:stare:

I'm not sure what I was expecting.

This wasn't even close, though.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
As frightening as that flash was, I must say Hussie's animation skills are getting quite good. Unless he simply copied the dance from something else.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Well, she is ghostyTrickster, after all.

This meager foreshadowing is a wisp-thin lean-to against the hurricane of nonsense I just saw.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

[S] Barkley.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

[S] Battle?
[S] Begin?
[S] Beleaguer?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Triskelli posted:

Goddammit, I don't remember what it was called now, but someone in the thread linked a half-decent metafic that was a GameFAQs for Sburb, and it said that "Trickster Mode" was a virus in the game that infected players and should be avoided at all costs. To see actually happen though... :stare:

Are you talking about the Sburb Glitch FAQ? Yeah I thought of that too. Hopefully this really is just a prank and not the first step into this session spinning straight to hell on a sugar high.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Desfore posted:

As frightening as that flash was, I must say Hussie's animation skills are getting quite good. Unless he simply copied the dance from something else.

It looks like he rotoscoped something, but I can't quite place it. At first I thought it was the Silver Spoons dance party gifs, but that doesn't actually seem to be it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Spellman posted:

[S] Barkley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKrO8kS8D6g

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Well, she is ghostyTrickster, after all.

This meager foreshadowing is a wisp-thin lean-to against the hurricane of nonsense I just saw.

Jane is gutsyGumshoe, that's John's handle.

Though John was the first one to have a Trickster mode sprite so close enough I guess.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Nate RFB posted:

[S] Bleat like a goat and piss on your turntable

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
This thread. Posted in goddamn 09.

Mme Sparklecakes XVII posted:

This thread just became more important than any of you can possibly comprehend. Ever.

If Hussie had this planned for three years then good god.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

That is legitimately disturbing.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So, uh, you know how Treestuck is either really good or really bad at predicting Homestuck?

http://treestuck.tumblr.com/post/38520708450

She thought it would be a cool idea if trickster mode was this weird undocumented feature of Sburb that are like evil shadows. And she said this two weeks ago.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm not even sure where we go from here. How exactly are any of the characters suppose to respond to this?

How the characters are supposed to respond? I still don't know how I'm supposed to respond.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

HalfHazard posted:

Are you talking about the Sburb Glitch FAQ? Yeah I thought of that too. Hopefully this really is just a prank and not the first step into this session spinning straight to hell on a sugar high.

Holy poo poo why am I just hearing about this

quote:

[QUESTION] I've seen a consort walk straight into a wall. Then it looked surprised, yelled "witchcraft" and ran away. What's up with that?

Bug. There is a secret passage in that wall. The game is too busy being a piece of poo poo to notice you haven't opened it yet. Just look around for a pressure plate/lever/button. Alternatively you can just face the wall, shake your fist and yell "open up" in a very serious tone. This works for the majority of low-level secrets.

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
Am I hearing a Squiddle voice in that... err, cacaphony? Honestly it would be about time for the horrorterrors to become relevant again.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Caliborn definitely gave his Juju to Jake; he just didn't open it. And Jake definitely passed it on to Jane, albeit without the correct code. I am one hundred percent confident that those are the real jujus.

And if my calculations are correct, they're going to be making lots more of those things, or else they will never be able to create the Warhammer of Zillyhoo.

This is some strange new alternative to god tiers, I bet. The term "trickster" is highly loaded in mythology; gods like Loki, Coyote, Anansi, as well as mortal figures like Brer Rabbit and Nasreddin Hodja, succeed and fail by their cleverness and deceit. They can be heroic or malicious, and in fact are frequently both, but one thing they never are is straightforward.

Make no mistake: this is incredibly serious business.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I am legitimately concerned about this. I would not wish what has just occurred on my worst enemies.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

How the characters are supposed to respond? I still don't know how I'm supposed to respond.

The only way you can respond is by looking back and going "this was totally inevitable". It won't help though. Nothing will.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Wait. Jane is dancing like an insane clown, and there are sparkles everywhere? This is all part of Condy's plan isn't it? :tinfoil:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
That... That was a callback to Cascade, wasn't it? With Gamzee on his laptop talking to Doc Scratch and asking JUST WHAT MOTHERFUCKING ARE WE?

S u c k e r s

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

SteelAngel2000 posted:

That... That was a callback to Cascade, wasn't it? With Gamzee on his laptop talking to Doc Scratch and asking JUST WHAT MOTHERFUCKING ARE WE?

S u c k e r s

Correct. I don't think Doc Scratch meant it this literally, however. Even that guy's wordplay has limits.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
So Jane just put on the Mask is what I'm getting here.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Wow. I mean, I knew the beta kids were going to walk in on a clusterfuck, but... wow.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
From Calliope's artist, on if Hussie asked her to have the lollipop in the trickster!Roxy pic:

deudlyfirearms posted:

i guess now that we know what it is, i can answer this??? he asked for it very specifically, but told me to tell people it was my idea for the time being haha.

Hussie posted:

Hussie is a loving madman.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rhinoceraptor posted:

So Jane just put on the Mask is what I'm getting here.

Queen of (rhumba)Beat is a better class than Maid of Life anyway.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The Jujus are, true to their mysteriousity, like fuckin' magnets.

I wonder how they work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Seoinin posted:

Queen of (rhumba)Beat is a better class than Maid of Life anyway.

"Si, senorita I know that you would like to chicky-boom-chick.
It's very nice, so full of spice.
I'll place my hand on your hip, and if you will just give me your hand
Then we shall try - just you and I. Ai-yai-yai!"
- Umberto Eco

Yes, I'm fairly certain that was a critical passage in Foucault's Pendulum.