Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

iOS 5.1.1 bug report!

I installed the latest version, opened it up, logged in, and.... this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Had to uninstall, reboot and search the store twice for it, but it eventually decided to change to update, even though the store still listed 9.1, the update gave me .2 and everything is awesome again, thanks!

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

The Dave posted:

Maybe log out, delete app, reinstall, log in? I got hit with a bug like that before 1.9 was final but it was fixed.

My updates have disappeared to the previous page but the app store just gave me the wrong version of the app, even though I had just installed it minutes before making that post. I searched again and it updated.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

got dat wmd posted:

The newest version of awful should require the absolute latest version of iOS like S2 MAXX did to keep pirates away and make bug testing easier so you don't have to account for someone's 900 different unauthorized hacks on an outdated version of iOS fouling the app.

Yes, because there's no reason anyone would want to not update to iOS 6.whatever besides piracy and unauthorized hacks and other assorted things. Good grief.

Pokeyman, I just got the update. It works, you're awesome, and Awful is awesome. I'm thrilled to have it back, not having it was driving me nuts.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Yay! Thanks for all the hard work.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

So happy the app is back :toot:

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

iOS 5.1.1 bug report!
Is it like that for all the tabs? The update noted that you may want to log out of your account through the app if there's any issues, so try that and the generic soft reset/hard reset items as well to see if those remove it.

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI
I am whole again.

Thanks!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Thanks for the quick fix!

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
So glad the app is usable again. The new navigation drop down menu is pretty annoying.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Thank you for all the hard work and incredibly quick fix. We are lucky to have a developer working on something this polished for us!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Every time I try to use the app to read the forums, each thread I open is blank, except for "END OF THREAD". What?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Thanks so much. Didn't realise how much I used this app until this week. I also didn't realise how long it took changes to be approved on the app store.

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!

tehloki posted:

Bookmarks aren't working for me at all, also log out crashes the app.

edit: posted that from the app, once I did, app crashed, crashes again every time on launch, even after closing from recent apps menu, even after restarting the phone.

double edit: awful 1.9.1 on iPhone 4S 16gb, iOS 6.0.1 legit, I have platinum but not archives, my cat is a siamese, I'm lonely

triple reverse 360 edshot: Okay even though I installed this app literally 8 minutes ago, there is an update available if I search the app store again. WTF. Everything works great now. Still lonely.

This happens to me on my iPad Mini. Never mind I kept downloading 1.9.1 and not 1.9.2

FlashBangBob fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 9, 2013

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Red posted:

Every time I try to use the app to read the forums, each thread I open is blank, except for "END OF THREAD". What?

Sounds like you have the wrong app. You want the one linked in the OP.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I was amazed how much worse the forums were with Safari. God bless this app. :toot:

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Awful app owns. Thanks for all the hard work. Ill give you a beer if I ever see you at a bar or airport lobby.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

All systems are go. Ya'll rock! :h::h::h:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
PRAISE ALLAH

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
I GET DIS PROBLEM WHERE EVERYTHING SHOWS UP IN ONE PAGE

edit: btw it's the whole internet that shows up on one page. THE WHOLE INTERNET.

averox fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 9, 2013

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

averox posted:

I GET DIS PROBLEM WHERE EVERYTHING SHOWS UP IN ONE PAGE

Did you update to the latest version of the fine Awful app by the gentleman pokeyman from Apple's fantastic iOS App Store app?

Just want to say, big thanks to pokeyman and the testers. The app continues to be my preferred way to use the forum. I may have mentioned this already but it's slipping my mind if I did, but if pokeyman needs any more testers, I'll volunteer. I've beta tested some iOS apps before (they were audio related, though) and own a 4th gen iPad and 5th gen iPod touch.

Thanks again. Can't wait for profile viewing!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

got dat wmd posted:

The newest version of awful should require the absolute latest version of iOS like S2 MAXX did to keep pirates away and make bug testing easier so you don't have to account for someone's 900 different unauthorized hacks on an outdated version of iOS fouling the app.

Yes because making everyone with the original iPad or an older iPhone buy new devices to use the app is such a good idea.

That or you know, he could keep it as is and not follow the single worst suggestion ever made.

keep honking im sobbing
Jul 30, 2012

Works great. Thanks guy.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Cryptic Edge posted:

Yes because making everyone with the original iPad or an older iPhone buy new devices to use the app is such a good idea.

That or you know, he could keep it as is and not follow the single worst suggestion ever made.

You must not read very many suggestions made by goons.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Got the update today... Very awesome.

One little bug I noticed - I have forum styles on, but the first time I open a yospos thread from a bookmark the style doesn't get applied. It does take effect the 2nd time and so on. Not really the end of the world but there you go.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Not the biggest issue in the world but coloured thread unread counts aren't showing. Is that just because of how fast the update went out or is it not supported anymore?

Thanks for the speedy update regardless.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

On the hunt for prey... :D

got dat wmd posted:

I third that this is a stupid idea. Some of us use iOS 5 for legitimate reasons.

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
Anybody else getting this? I've got it both on my iPhone and iPad.

Edit: By this I mean, having to download a separate app of Awful that's the latest version instead of updating the old one.

Dirty Needles fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jan 9, 2013

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Thanks again, Pokeyman.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Not the biggest issue in the world but coloured thread unread counts aren't showing. Is that just because of how fast the update went out or is it not supported anymore?

That's unintentional, I'll take a look!

Dirty Needles posted:

Anybody else getting this? I've got it both on my iPhone and iPad.

Edit: By this I mean, having to download a separate app of Awful that's the latest version instead of updating the old one.

That's probably the old app that was under OHIO's App Store account. Feel free to delete it.

e: Fixed app misidentification.

pokeyman fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 9, 2013

Shorter Than Some
May 6, 2009

got dat wmd posted:

Why should a free app be concerned with keeping pirates away anyway?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

pokeyman posted:

That's probably the other app, Awful S II MAXX. Feel free to delete it if it's confusing.

The Awful S II MAXX app has this icon:

I had the other posters problem with the Awful app was listed with two icons. A reboot fixed it for me.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

pokeyman posted:

That's probably the other app, Awful S II MAXX. Feel free to delete it if it's confusing.

Or the other other app, the original Awful?

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008

Coq au Nandos posted:

Or the other other app, the original Awful?

Oh I didn't realise there was an original Awful and then this version. That'll be it.

I've never had S II MAXX installed.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

chupacabraTERROR posted:

You must not read very many suggestions made by goons.

And yet none of the other goon ideas would have forced an unknown number of goons to spend 400-900 on new hardware because he thinks there's a need to just be a dick to the users.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Back and fully operational! :toot: No bugs yet, lookin' good. Thanks pokeyman!

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?
Woo hoo! Safari was getting old. Thanks for all the hard work on this great app!

Requesting the return of full screen w/o top/bottom menubars for true perfection though.

e: Aw… goodbye in-app browser. I await your triumphant return as well. (But seriously, thank you. The forums on iOS are infinitely better with whatever configuration.)

Mastodon Henley fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 9, 2013

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

So glad it's back, but I'm getting an old bug in a new way.

I posted about it before, but sometimes the forum list will turn into a blank, blue area of just nothing, switching to bookmarks or any of those other 2 buttons does nothing. Pulling down to refresh does nothing. The only fix seems to be a forced close and relaunch.

When I mentioned this before it was only happening randomly a couple times a day max. With the new version though, it happens every time I switch to another app, leave awful for a while then switch back to awful. So it went from twice a day to many, many times a day.

Again, ios 5.01, jailbroken. Nothing too weird installed besides infinidock. My Internet connection is stable and fast so I cant see it timing out or something.

Otherwise though, I'm incredibly happy the app is back to usable. Browsing the actual site is just so awful, and the redesign made it even worst for touchscreens (switching to another page is such a pain in the rear end with a touchscreen in a browser, and what's the deal there? Do you have to doubleclick next page or is the button just so small that I'm missing it all the time?)

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Sweet it's working, I have something to do at work again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebraByNumbers
Oct 26, 2009

Bug Report: iPhone 5, latest version of iOS (6.0.2?)

Adding an image from the library requires two button presses to the right. So "From Camera" is on there twice. Requires two taps to go back to the start, too.

At first I thought it was fat finger syndrome, but while I was trying to add an image with a word highlighted, I saw the suggest/define options show up in the image option dialog. Looks like this:

ZebraByNumbers fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 9, 2013

• Locked thread