Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?

Evilghost posted:

We use the Blue Yeti. Its about $100 but you won't find a better microphone for that cash. It has four settings for different environments, picks up everything nice and clear. USB connection with headphone 3.5mm jack. I cannot recommend them enough.

http://bluemic.com/yeti/

Seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Not sure where else to ask this, but can anyone recommend me some hardware? I'm looking into starting a show with some friends. I'm looking for a decent mixer with 4 input at most. I'm also looking for some microphone recommendations.

How many mics do you need and how much money do you want to spend?

There's actually a thread for this so I'm going to answer here and there and Pimp My Podcast to give you an example.

I've recorded with a cell phone, a macbook, a Blue Yeti, and stage mics + recorder and my newest set up is by far the best.

The biggest problem I ran into with the Yeti is that if you're recording multiple people (3+ for me) it's all just fed into one audio track. If someone is always louder or quieter there's nothing you can do about it.

I recently bought a Zoom H4N and 2 stage mics + cords and windscreens from Guitar Center. The H4N has two XLR inputs for the mics, can do 4 channel recording (2 channels for the onboard mic, 1 channel each for the stage mics) and so you can edit each person individually. For instance, the first time we used them, the two people on the stage mics were much quieter than me (onboard mic) but the H4N was good enough quality that I could drop my gain and up theirs while editing afterwards and it sounds fine.

For reference, check out my podcast here:

Most recent episode with a Blue Yeti featured goon and world renowned tattoo artist Dave Tevenal:

here

Now contrast that with our most recent episode featuring Bob Cook - the first one we used the Zoom and stage mics - the quality sounds so much better in my opinion.

here

But you have to decide what's in your budget. If all you have is $100, go for the Yeti. It's super easy to use (just make sure you don't monitor via the onboard headset jack. I did that once and didn't realize the gain on the computer I was recording with was cranked up and the audio was blown out without me knowing).

Bonus: Here's a joke 3 minute podcast I've been doing, this episode was recorded with the Zoom setup in the middle of a loud crowded bar and while you can tell I think the audio is still so good it's not distracting (ignore the purposefully lovely intro/outro music. that's the joke):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY8ujTB5gDc

Double bonus for more Zoom reference, I recorded a couple songs played live by one of our guests using only the two stage mics on the Zoom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5bJrBG9NG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBx7QHWDids

JerkyBunion fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 12, 2012

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Episode 53: Standing & Screaming

This week's contenders:
Dragon Ball z vs. Marvel
A cowboy who rides an ostrich vs. A squirt gun that shoots jelly
Soup vs. Tea
The endurance of a man but the speed of a car vs. The speed of a man and the endurance of a car
Working for Bane vs. Dr. Evil

RSS

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009
The Sweet Release Episode 9 - Balls is Implied

This week on The Sweet Release we discuss how to make Dad angry by turning gay, whether or not human ash is a legitimate narcotic/food and our on going war on Christmas

Additionally we weigh in on the pantheon of internet cats, while getting dead sexy with Wolf Blitzer and Karl Rove and losing some fingers and lives in the process.

Subscribe, rate, comment, and most importantly, LISTEN!
SITE
ITUNES

Evilghost
Jul 23, 2003

Facebook | ITunes | Podomatic | Site

->>>Episode XVI – Silent Night, Deadly Night….The Night Santa went BAD! December 17th, 2012<---

Get ready for another dark Christmas show from your hosts at Horror 101. With the remake of Silent Night, Deadly Night fresh off the Blu-Ray press we decided to give credence to an 80s slasher film that created great controversy when it was first released. Parent groups picketed theatres demanding the movie be withdrawn back in 1984 and after two weeks of playing, it was yanked. But for what reason? Was the fact that a killer dressed as Santa was too heavy? Was it a moral sin to sully the sanctity of the holidays? We feel that the movie was more than just exploitation. There is a story here along with some fine gore. Join us as we explore the sensation that is Silent Night, Deadly Night and we'll also view the remake starring Malcolm McDowell and compare the two. Its another twisted show with a lot of laughs and some of the spookiest Christmas music you've ever heard. Click on us and let Horror 101 make your holidays a little bit darker this year.

Show Highlights:

01:00: Welcome to a DARK Christmas tale!
02:22: Plugging Black Christmas (1974)
05:30: Introducing Silent Night, Deadly Night and it's controversy
08:25: Christmas is depressing for some people?
14:00: March of the Bleeding Hearts!! (with audio from 'Going To Pieces')
17:40: Initial Thoughts After Watching the Movie (Something's Not Right with Grandpa!)
19:55: The GORE!
23:52: The toys!....MY GOD, LOOK AT THE TOYS!!
27:50: Why we're all going to hell!
30:50: GARBAGE DAY!!
32:25: Myself, World Famous Brian Stewart and Blake 'The Voice' Hellheart score the film (big love for Linnea Quigley)
34:45: Cult Sensation's cell phone review (from the top of a ladder...it ends badly)
36:00: Comparing the remake to the original (Malcolm McDowell hilarity)
42:17: Conclusion!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Facebook::iTunes::FeedBurner

Errand of Mercy Episode 28: The Average Joe Podcast with Joe and The Catalyst

It's the final show we're recording this year (though we are having a pre-recorded show around New Year's). This week we start on cyborg arms which leads us naturally into talking about the problems of being friends with Johnny Five, the robot with aspergers. We then move on to remenisce about watching the New Adventure of Superman and Star Trek with our Parents. Simon saw the Mummy Returns and found out that time has not treated it kindly. I take up the unpopular task of defensing Indiana Jones IV. We do an obit for Daniel Inouye as our awesome guy of the week. Simon saw a documentary about crazy old Christmas Traditions and wants more of that sort of things. I read a study which proves that your grandparents haven't realised that Eduardo and Stuart at their ballroom dancing class are gay.

Simon is an Average Joe, I am The Catalyst. Please join us on our Errand of Mercy.

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Episode 54: A Randy Newman Christmas

What started as our Christmas episode quickly became a Randy Newman / Karl Marx appreciation cast. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas to all you other podcastin' goons! We're not dead! Yet!

This week's contenders:
Elves vs. Reindeer
Christmas Morning vs. Christmas Eve
Work Christmas Parties vs. Family Christmas Parties
Clarence Oddbody AS2 vs. Buddy the Bar Elf
Having a Home Alone Christmas vs. a Die Hard Christmas.

RSS

Pious Pete fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 23, 2012

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

That'll do, pig. That'll do.
Historians of Time

We're taking a week off for Christmas. Thanks for all your support this year. We'll be back!

In the meantime here's a Christmas Youtube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtq-kgoP4kI

And here's the iTunes link if you wanted to listen to some of the stuff from the year

http://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/historians-of-time/id518521140

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

Dork Night
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Nerd and dork lifestyle
Released: Weekly, Mondays
Goon: Ulta
Description:
We made it one year. I'm as surprised as I am proud and happy. Much like Jesus, we started this thing a year ago, and now we celebrate Christmas on that day. It's an episode where we talk about the Hobbit, the Mayan Apocalypse we all survived and Christmas. I do want to say thanks to all the podcasts that post in this thread. Not only do I listen to most of you, I appreciate the shout outs we receive. I'm pretty sure I missed some people in the episode, but I'm glad to be part of this lose confederation of posters in this thread. Here's to another year!

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
Another post for BJ Shea's Geek Nation! This time we play through a Table Top RPG called 13th Age, with the lead game designer, Rob Heinsoo.

If you're interested in RPGs this is a good one, as we focus the first two episodes on character creation, the third on story/roleplaying and the last two on combat.

You can get more info on the game at https://www.pelgranepress.com

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

Historians of Time Episode 36

We're back. Hooray!

You can listen to this if you'd like to listen to it.
I think it's a fairly strong episode. We start on Guiness having a 9000 year lease, so we had a leg up.

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/historians-of-time/id518521140

Not That: http://historiansoftime.libsyn.com/rss

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/archive/EOC

Genre: Political commentary/opinion
Released: Usually bi-weekly on average, sometimes weekly and sometimes once a month
Goon: VH4Ever
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. In this episode we discuss the possible failure of macro-collectivism as well as the ongoing Fiscal Cliff mess in Washington.

NOTE: I got lazy and have not posted an episode or two but the RSS link above should reflect those episodes too.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 21, 2013

ajheretic666
Sep 8, 2008

Sup Dude

Website - http://www.facebook.com/supdudepodcast
iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/sup-dude/id499704628?mt=2
RSS - http://supdudepodcast.podbean.com/feed/

Genre - Comedy
Released - Usually weekly, on a Thursday.
Goon - ajheretic666
Description - Two British nerds sit around for an hour or so and talk about random poo poo. Ranges from topical discussions on news events, to movies, video games, the weather, Anything really! We also take topic suggestions for every episode via our Facebook page. Definitely NSFW

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Episode 55: Toast in the Shell

Back for the New Year! Plus Jordan got a new mic, so we now all have comparable audio quality! It's a New Years Miracle! Thanks for a great 2012 everyone!

This week's contenders:
Narwhal vs. Unicorn
New Year’s Kisses vs. Mistletoe Kisses
Mary Poppins vs. Professor McGonagall
Hayden Christensen vs. Kristen Stewart

RSS

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

VH4Ever posted:

RSS: http://archive.org/services/collection-rss.php?query=creator%3ANeurotoxin

Released: Usually bi-weekly on average, sometimes weekly and sometimes once a month
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. In this episode we discuss the possible failure of macro-collectivism as well as the ongoing Fiscal Cliff mess in Washington.

NOTE: I got lazy and have not posted an episode or two but the RSS link above should reflect those episodes too.

This sounds like just what I want to listen to. Got an episode recommendation for newbies?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Errand of Mercy Episode: New Year Special

We haven't recorded an episode over the holidays but we have a sort of pre-recorded out-takes show, the centre of which is the revelation that Simon agrees with the evil corporation in the movie Avatar because he is a space racist. It's a short show this week although there is also a "bonus" reel after the show of about 30 minutes of Mass Effect chat which is mostly me and Simon getting depressed about how much we hate Mass Effect 3.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

Dork Night
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Nerd and dork lifestyle
Released: Weekly, Mondays
Goon: Ulta
Description:
This post has threefold purpose. The first is to announce our latest episode in which we talk about our top 5 video games of all time. Lots of people do of 2012, but we were on a nostalgia trip, and went back to those games that had that personal connection.

The second thing is to plug that we are blogging once again, but with less frequency. Posting an episode counts as a blog post right? Then come every MWF for new stuff to Dork Night.

The third thing is to promote the Traditional Games Design Contest already in progress and myself a contestant. One of our objectives for week two is to recruit a non-Traditional Games regular into endorsing our game. I'd humbly suggest that to find the winner, one only need to click here, but there are a lot of really good games in the contest. If you like what you see, I got third last contest, with Jurassic Central Park, and there are some brilliant games in this goldmined thread

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009
The Sweet Release Episode 12 - Therian Goofus Lifestlye

This week on The Sweet Release we experience amazing new technical difficulties, while finally settling the score on what exactly a dildo is. We throw down on which movie is cheesier, Mommie Dearest or Roadhouse and hear from our good friend Mr. Macgougan.

We get Cosmological with our friends at Cosmopolitan, and round it out with Jake and Anna screaming praise at Andy Reid’s family!

SITE
ITUNES

Now I've had an interesting thing happen with iTunes where I unknowingly had my feed set to where it'll only publish the 10 most recent episodes. I upped the number but now I'm curious as to how to make the older episodes that got knocked off reappear. Any tips?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Errand of Mercy Episode: 29

First episode of 2013 has been recorded! Featuring:
  • A woman who is doing the Starbucks embargo so so wrong
  • Exploring the strange world of sex robots... again
  • A Power Ranger is jumping out of a plane and doing karate to raise the profile of his Christian MMA clothing range
  • A video game has turned Simon into a monster
  • Will i Am is making poo poo party party club club party club will i am party music for terrible people
  • On the other hand Will i Am is playing Warhammer 40K or something
  • The mystery of my non-region specific English accent: Revealed!
It's a new year and we are on an Errand of Mercy.

SullivanPRIME posted:

Now I've had an interesting thing happen with iTunes where I unknowingly had my feed set to where it'll only publish the 10 most recent episodes. I upped the number but now I'm curious as to how to make the older episodes that got knocked off reappear. Any tips?

That sucks, I'll ask my co-host because he accidentally did something similar. We got all the episodes back but now the first half of our show is in a really hosed up order because it sort of reset the upload dates for every single one.

e: bad news, he had to re-upload the entire show to that point to get them to re-appear. I imagine there is a more sensible way to go about it.

a pipe smoking dog fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 11, 2013

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

That sucks, I'll ask my co-host because he accidentally did something similar. We got all the episodes back but now the first half of our show is in a really hosed up order because it sort of reset the upload dates for every single one.

e: bad news, he had to re-upload the entire show to that point to get them to re-appear. I imagine there is a more sensible way to go about it.

Thanks! Yeah I thought I had cooked up an easier solution but that didn't pan out at all so I'm pretty sure I'll have to do that. I mean granted it was just the first 3 episodes, but that includes our Halloween episode which I am particularly fond of.

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Episode 56: Fantasy Real Estate Tycoon

This week's contenders:
Raking leaves vs. Shoveling snow
Bane love poetry vs. Bond-villain love poetry
Mt. Doom real estate vs. Ghostbusters real estate
Hyrule vs. The Mushroom Kingdom
Misjudged rings vs. Phantom vibrates.

I also guest on this week's episode of The Level. It was an absolute blast and I'd love to interact more with other goon podcasts, whether it be joining folks, submitting content, or doing cross promotion giveaways like we do this week. Just hit me up!

RSS

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
So, uh, I done fell off on maintaining this OP. I apologize for neglecting this for so long, but I intend to go back through and update things so this can actually be a good resource for Gooncasts around the world.

I hope you can forgive me.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

SullivanPRIME posted:

Thanks! Yeah I thought I had cooked up an easier solution but that didn't pan out at all so I'm pretty sure I'll have to do that. I mean granted it was just the first 3 episodes, but that includes our Halloween episode which I am particularly fond of.

You know I just realised that we hadn't even fixed this problem, apparently our host only lets us make the newest 25 shows available which means that new listeners can't go back into our archive.

What hosts are some of you longer term podcasters using? Because I'm thinking that we're going to have to switch.

e: okay now I actually have fixed this problem.

a pipe smoking dog fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jan 14, 2013

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009
The Sweet Release Episode 13 - Sex Ghost Coast to Coast

This week on The Sweet Release Scientology comes and ruins another perfectly fine celebrity, Florida secedes from the Union (a long time ago sry) and we find ourselves forsworn to gain a kingdom(?)

Afterwards Theriotypes are discussed, true love dicovered, and dreadlocks weaponized. Christ we’re sorry for that last one. Prepare yourself because the Bosch demon will never put a sock on the door, It’s The Sweet Release!

SITE
ITUNES

a pipe smoking dog posted:

e: okay now I actually have fixed this problem.
Ok so it turns out I didn't actually fix any problem at all cause posting this one knocked the oldest one off the list, leaving me with only 9 eps total still. Do you think you could message me on here about what you did to fix your feed?

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

Historians of Time
Episode 38

Another episode in the hole. We had some recording trouble so had to record two entirely different episodes. What came out was a pretty good episode, I hope.

For anyone unfamiliar - it's Wikipedia's 'This Week in History' improvised around what actually happened.

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/historians-of-time/id518521140
Not-That: http://historiansoftime.libsyn.com

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Errand of Mercy Episode 30: This has Actually Happened

This week on the Errand of Mercy:
  • The stupidest marriage ends in the stupidest divorce
  • Italian tween steals car, goes on awesome road trip through Europe
  • Japanese Hackers acting like they are in a movie: are probably overweight and gross looking
  • Simon examines songs from his youth which leads to a surprising revelation
  • Star Wars fans struggle with homosexuality
  • Lady drives train in to house to surprise of people who know how trains work
  • Crazy uncle Deutschland is at it again
  • We somehow end up trying to work out how Richard Nixon would cheat at video games
As well as much more, including some very rash art based promises. JOIN US.

HelfMyselp
Nov 2, 2004

Dude, check it. It's a trash can. And a rollerblade.

Now shovel some cheese curls into my trash hole...
Kind of a niche-cast here since we're limited to one city and two sports, but feedback would be awesome. We tried this last year and kind of wrote it off as mostly a learning process, and I followed this thread and some others trying to figure out how this works. The original idea was to have two guys just discussing what is going on with a pair of local sports teams -- I cover the Philadelphia Phillies, my friend Kev covers the Philadelphia Flyers -- and that has evolved to include two other people and a host of other topics.

Assuming real life doesn't get in the way, we post new episodes every other week. I would love feedback, but I understand if this is far too, uh, specific? of a podcast to get anyone interested.

And I guess my feed was already submitted to iTunes because I cannot re-add it, but it doesn't show up at all? That could be because we went more than two weeks between episodes a few times, right? (edit: Trying to use the old iTunes link I have throws an error saying the podcast isn't available in the US store -- gonna have to look into that...)

Website | RSS

Episode 23: The Season's Upon Us

It’s a free-jazz-for-all as the Buddies ring in the new year with a lack of rules, a new direction, name calling, hockey, scrubs, douchebags, baseball, markers, edits, Uncle Pennybags, baseball writers, a remixed theme, rectangular circles, more hockey, car horns, and more!

HelfMyselp fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 20, 2013

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Episode 57: The National Ford League

This week's contenders:
McFeely vs. Newman
Holodeck vs. Teleporter
Indiana Jones vs. Han Solo
Quicksand vs. Avalanche
Love of your life vs. The Pokémon life.

RSS

Running a little low on Q's. Hit us up at ninjasvspodcast@gmail.com if you have any good would you rather or versus scenarios!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. In this episode we discuss the gun control debate going on in Washington post-Sandy Hook as well as the conviction of a child for murdering his Neo-Nazi father in Riverside County, CA.

Pig in the City posted:

This sounds like just what I want to listen to. Got an episode recommendation for newbies?

Thanks for the interest. I'd say a really good, not so obtuse episode to try out would be our November 23rd episode, found here: http://archive.org/details/JoeRyan_NeurotoxinEdgeofChaos-November23_2012. If you want one that's a bit longer, more contentious and a bit more theory-rich, and one that includes not just my friend and I but a guest also, there's always our October 19th episode, found here: http://archive.org/details/JoeRyan_NeurotoxinEdgeofChaos-October19_2012. Hope to see you popping up as a listener!

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

Historians of Time Episode 39 contains this fact:

1897 – Elva Zona Heaster is found dead in Greenbrier County, West Virginia. The resulting murder trial of her husband is perhaps the only case in United States history where the alleged testimony of a ghost helped secure a conviction.

So, you should probably listen to it.

Download Episode 39: Ghost Testimony here!

http://www.historiansoftime.libsyn.com

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Errand of Mercy Episode 31: Sapient Lard

We got through a lot this week starting with:
  • Justin Beiber update
  • Conor Maynard has existed forever and is taking us to a dark place
  • Jason David Frank confirms that Jesus doesn't tap
  • One pensioner's eternal shark combat at the cabana bar of Valhalla
  • One lawyer is cranking it up to the next level leading us to create a new law based drama
  • The welcome return of creep or creation
  • Lard is escaping from the depths and taking over Scotland
  • Facts about barnacles and Dappy

In other news January has been our best month for downloads so far which considering there is still a week to go is pretty loving awesome.

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Episode 58: Al Roker Tempura

This week's contenders:
Cannibal vs. Amputee
Pizza vs. Calzone
Competent and cool evil villain or Bumbling but lucky hero
Death Note vs. Scribblenauts Notebook.

RSS

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
Behind The Scenes

Metal Ray Productions Youtube Page I don't have an official page for it, yet, but I will be posting it on here til I do

Genre: Film/Radio/TV/Comedy

Release: Weekly

Description: Zach, Evan and Alex take a look at the many aspects behind Media, going from Film to Television to Radio to Internet, and everything in between. We cover things from producing different products to the culture surrounding each of these medias.

Episode 1: Fan Films

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

Historians of Time Episode 40
The final ten episodes

Being a 'This day in history' podcast we will end after a year.
Enjoy the last ten with us as we head off into the good night.

http://historiansoftime.libsyn.com/rss

Thanks to all loyal goon listeners. We literally love you.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
deleted.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 29, 2017

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Errand of Mercy Episode 32: Equal Opportunity Thuggist

We're back this week with:
  • Even more Beiber news
  • I possibly come out in favour of prostitution
  • Simon is Patient Zero for poo poo music
  • Amelia Lily is so boring that it is actually impossible to think about her
  • We are no longer with "it" but are probably with something better
  • Chris Brown is the worst person of the week and maybe ever
  • Stand up to jerks and stop being a jerk
  • Simon is stealing lyrics from 90s pop songs by accident
  • Wikipedia wants to show you a dead body

Keep it post-gay.

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Episode 59 National Sports Ball Week

This week's contenders:
Always skipping vs. Always rhyming
J.J. Abrams vs. J.J. Jameson
Ravens vs. 49ers
Hot wings vs. Raw wings
The Legend of Zelda Owl vs. The Tootsie Pop Owl.

New episode wherein we predict the winner of the Super Bowl. Don't want to spoil it for you, but we're right.

RSS

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
Behind The Scenes Episode 2 - Video Game Films

This time, we discuss video games being turned into feature films, and if they are useful in today's society!

Metal Ray Sunshine fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 3, 2013

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. In this episode we discuss the unrest in Egypt, Algeria, Mali and Syria, as well as Hillary Clinton and domestic policy issues like gun control, Congessional realignment, Obamacare and the ongoing domestic economic turmoil. This is a bit longer than the average episode but it's probably our most content rich episode yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I have two podcasts that I really don't advertise enough.

Stuff Weekly
iTunes/RSS
Genre: Comedy/News
Goon: Little Mac
Release Schedule: Weekly (duh)
Description: Four friends, with occasional guest hosts, discuss the most ridiculous news stories of the week.

Current Episode - Episode 146: And God Said, Thou Art It
The most epic 23 year old game of tag ever, Magali reveals the best way of getting out of a speeding ticket while a teacher tells you how NOT to, Piousness Pootie Tang Bing and the diocese of funk gets a CD hit with something a little strange, we learn the terrible truth of the Sweedish health system and more!

Cartridge Blowers
YouTube/RSS (Audio)/iTunes (Audio)
Genre: Gaming/Comedy
Goon: Little Mac
Release Schedule: Bi-Weekly
Description: A video podcast, so I hope that's okay! Every other Thursday, Cody, Nikki, Matt and Dylan give video games a second chance to make a first impression as they each take on an old video game they have never played before and let the others know how much they are terrible at them. Each episode we randomly generate a theme and each play a game, commenting on how ridiculous it is. If you're new, I high recommend starting with our Nick Arcade Challenge Week (Episode 10: Drink and Drive and Fall Off the Rainbow Road), Our Favorite Games (Episode 5: The Great Dead Or Alive Boner Crisis), or the previous episode where we pick our games based on how awesome the cover is (Episode 12: If It Cannot Shatter, It Isn't Worth Doing).

Current Episode - Episode 13: Just Let Me Game Over With Dignity
This week on Cartridge Blowers Matt bids us a temporary farewell (kinda) and we try our hand at some TV show themed games! Dylan knocks out Daria in Beavis and Butthead, Cody unleashes havoc in the Animaniacs, Matt makes us wonder why they do not just kill Gilligan and Nikki hits up Night Rider. All of this and more in Episode 13!