Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arms and faces getting punched off in a splatter of gore is fine. Swearing is a no-no though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Doom's sex life is nonexistent. While lesser mortals may be willing to settle for the vagaries of fleshly delight, Doom finds only pleasure in CONQUEST.

He was fixated on Valeria (his old girlfriend before he went off to college, not Reed and Sue's kid). Doom is the gooniest supervillain.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

I had a comment on this, but in the time it took me to locate some content to go with it, the comment became superfluous.

Still, I have content! In IDW's new My Little Pony comic, the changeling queen, Chrysalis, has returned and replaced most of the citizens of Ponyville with changelings. Twilight Sparkle and her friends discover this, defeat the changelings, and free the townsfolk, but three little fillies are still missing. Then Chrysalis calls Twilight up on a magic orb...

(The green tint is because the orb is glowing green and the fillies are stuck in a translucent cocoon.)

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Mister Roboto posted:

What's with the censorship on the Glory pages? Is that how the book's actually printed?

Because sometimes poo poo's just funnier when it's bleeped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwVmgrhxe2M

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Those facial expressions are just wonderful. :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FredMSloniker posted:

I had a comment on this, but in the time it took me to locate some content to go with it, the comment became superfluous.

Still, I have content! In IDW's new My Little Pony comic, the changeling queen, Chrysalis, has returned and replaced most of the citizens of Ponyville with changelings. Twilight Sparkle and her friends discover this, defeat the changelings, and free the townsfolk, but three little fillies are still missing. Then Chrysalis calls Twilight up on a magic orb...

(The green tint is because the orb is glowing green and the fillies are stuck in a translucent cocoon.)

I hate you so much right now.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

FredMSloniker posted:

Man, those are some annoyed and apathetic ponies.

Rhyno posted:

:allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FredMSloniker posted:

Out—out are the lights—out all!
And over each quivering form,
The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm,
And the angels, all pallid and wan,
Uprising, unveiling, affirm
That the play is the tragedy "BSS,"
And its hero FredMSloniker.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Adventure comics 43

Bazooka Tooth
Nov 18, 2004
Rockin it, rockin it, clippership rockin it be the little guinea pig dig?

Rhyno posted:

Totally agree.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Unless people are going to actually contribute to the thread nobody cares whether you think a panel is funny or not.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
For reals folks. Stop cursing the darkness and light a goddamn candle for once.

Here's something from Peepo Choo vol 1 that made me laugh just from how unexpected it was. (right to left)

Reiko: not afraid to gently caress some poor dude up.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
You impertinent, lying, degenerate.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Atmus posted:

You impertinent, lying, degenerate.
Uh...me? Or the comic? Or...what?

I guess "what?" is what I'm asking here.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Uh...me? Or the comic? Or...what?

I guess "what?" is what I'm asking here.

He's literally quoting the comic that you posted.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Silentman0 posted:

He's literally quoting the comic that you posted.
Oh, he is. Gosh I feel stupid now. :(

I'm sorry Atmus.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT
I'd heard good things abotu Peepo Choo and I wanted to get it but I was determined to get it from Borders because I wanted them to stay in business. None of them around me ever had the first volume. So I never got it. And now Borders is gone.

But there's a library that has it. Good. Wouldn't want the people in circulation to think I'd switched to just reading weirdness on my iPad.

Is that meant to be read right to left? It almost works either way.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Yeah it's a manga style book so you're going to be reading it backwards.

Just be warned that it's really not a book for everyone. It's incredibly mean spirited and cruel to the characters. It's also packed with some of the most horrific violence I've seen in a comic book outside a Crossed comic and loaded with lots and lots of sex too.

But it also tells a story that will resonate with almost any kind of fan about the dangers of building something up in your mind and depending on that illusion to be the thing that makes you happy. The book's example is about how anime does this to some people with Japan but it could be about comic con or moving to New York to be an artist or anything really. It's actually really touching in it's weird, perverse way.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Fables 85 featured Jack Horner's first encounter with his bastard son, Jack Frost. Being a bit of a sociopath, Jack Sr's approach is rather hilarious.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Source unknown.

Oh wow.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've finally gotten around to buying FF digitally, after hearing so many good things. I thought it was pretty drat amusing to see someone in the Marvel Universe really acknowledge that not only does "God" exist, there's a dozen of them.

FF #1

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Flameingblack posted:

I've finally gotten around to buying FF digitally, after hearing so many good things. I thought it was pretty drat amusing to see someone in the Marvel Universe really acknowledge that not only does "God" exist, there's a dozen of them.

FF #1

They once went to heaven and they met God and it was Jack Kirby. He also at one point was on the phone with his collaborator.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think that was more "respecting everyone's beliefs" than "counting down the extant dieties". Odin doesn't get a mention, for example.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Go read Secret Invasion Incredible Hercules.

Oh so the Skrulls are staunchly religious and that fuels their zealotry? Let's go fight their gods.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I like the funny smirks from Reed and Sue, since they have actually met God and know he's a bit busy to really care about meal prayers...so the whole thing is really just going through the motions.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Context: Joker is ranting to Robin about how much the Bat-family drags Batman down.

Batman & Robin #15

It's a good thing Joker's so far gone for Death of the Family, or he'd be probably be pissed at the youth of America not getting his classic pop culture references.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
What's up with the Joker's face?

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Archie comics, source unknown.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

He cut off his face like a year ago, if I remember right. But then, I haven't touched any comics in like a year so I could be way off.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

He cut off his face like a year ago, if I remember right. But then, I haven't touched any comics in like a year so I could be way off.

Well, actually he got some other guy to cut it off but that's splitting hairs. Anyway, yeah, he's been faceless for a year or so now, but he's only just now resurfaced and he's running around with his face strapped to his head like a weird-rear end mask.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I don't know if that's just a dumb attempt to be EXTREME or exactly like something Joker would do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarkCrawler posted:

I don't know if that's just a dumb attempt to be EXTREME or exactly like something Joker would do.

It was a bad idea by a lovely writer (actually an artist with delusions of writing) that a good writer actually salvaged.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

It was a bad idea by a lovely writer (actually an artist with delusions of writing) that a good writer actually salvaged.

And it happened in Moon Knight (sorta) years ago. So this time the 'ersatz batman' was actually out in front.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
X-Force is hunting down Age of Apocalypse Iceman at the behest of Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler. Deadpool has a plan.

Uncanny X-Force #24

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

FF #1

I prefer the Futurama quote:

We come before one fewer or more god.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you have a friend who's sworn off meat and eggs, check to see if they have only one, central nipple. Yep, they're a vegan.

Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe (Deluxe Edition)

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Huh, I had no idea Prince Valiant came from outer space.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Lobok posted:

If you have a friend who's sworn off meat and eggs, check to see if they have only one, central nipple. Yep, they're a vegan.

"Excuse me, Susan, I just have to check on something here..."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Secret Avengers 34: Flash Thompson and Valkyrie were about to have sex when they suddenly got attacked by robots. Flash manages to stay conscious and can actually suit up quick thanks to his costume being a symbiote. Buuut things get weird when Black Widow shows up to help save the day.

Imminent death is a less pressing matter than immediate awkwardness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Didn't Agent X fight the fetishist costume collector? I wouldn't mind him making a re-appearance. Be a bit weird in Secret Avengers though.

• Locked thread