Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheJukku
May 4, 2012

by T. Finninho

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

Well, yeah but when you're talking about unironic maid hijinks you're already dead

Speaking of, why hasn't someone made some kind of Fist of the North Star or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure homebrew RPG. It's like the only anime based RPG you wouldn't have to be a horrible creeper to play, because it'd basically just be "DnD where EVERYONE is a monk/DnD where EVERYONE is a monk who wears high fashion".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Well, they do have a Dragonball Z RPG. It's pretty well a turd, though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/capcom-street-fighter.php

I'm still baffled that there was a Street Fighter RPG.

And that it include cat-women.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

This is giving me deja vu... Was there something done on street fighter before?

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/capcom-street-fighter.php?page=4
I think what gets me about this is her foot, and only her foot, has motion lines. Well her hand has motion lines too but in the opposite plane.

Her foot moved in a straight line at that man's face while her thigh and torso stayed planted. She's all double jointed I guess?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

They mention specifically that there are like 3 or 4 different street fighter RPGs.

Not that the characters for street fighter are particularly deep or well rounded but aren't they the only reason anyone would want to have anything to do with street fighter? It's not like they inhabit a particularly lush world.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Krinkle posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/capcom-street-fighter.php?page=4
I think what gets me about this is her foot, and only her foot, has motion lines. Well her hand has motion lines too but in the opposite plane.

Her foot moved in a straight line at that man's face while her thigh and torso stayed planted. She's all double jointed I guess?

The last character is a tiger girl named "Girl Tiger". I don't think much thought went into any of it.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Krinkle posted:

Yes:
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/wtf-street-fighter.php
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/street-fighter-contenders.php

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Boo on no Flumph in today's frontpage DND/Indie Rock update. It's clear that Steve was not consulted for this.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Even with two dorkus' worth of knowledge, that quiz is really hard. At least now I know "Blink Dog" is available for my next band name.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
Was able to guess almost all the ones that were bands. Missed several of the monsters though. I am not as big a D&D dorkus than I am capable of spotting band names.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

I only got two correct. I don't think I trusted myself enough, plus Gulvoorg sounded enough like some lovely name some dudes would come up with and put on the internet.

:smith:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MykonosFan posted:

I only got two correct. I don't think I trusted myself enough, plus Gulvoorg sounded enough like some lovely name some dudes would come up with and put on the internet.

:smith:

That is actually kind of amazing. If you'd just picked at random you'd have gotten 15. You're like reverse psychic or something.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

Mind Flayers probably destroyed his brain with their terrible music.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

Mind Flayers probably destroyed his brain with their terrible music.

Excuse me? I think you must be mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xjs4T_c0I

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

Um, my previous post still stands.

Although now I am shoeless.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Are these posts this week from some kind of new article? I'm looking my eyeballs off but I just can't see a new D&D WTF?

I Love You! posted:

Boo on no Flumph in today's frontpage DND/Indie Rock update. It's clear that Steve was not consulted for this.

e: wait nevermind I get it? I don't see this article either but I at least get what I wasn't looking for...

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I realize it's a week late, but they're talking about this front page article: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/indie-band-dragons.php

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ponzicar posted:

I realize it's a week late, but they're talking about this front page article: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/indie-band-dragons.php

Welp, I'm officially a card-carrying member of both the "perfect score" club and the "white people praying for death" club, with the caveat that I refuse to believe there aren't like 500 bands called Goat

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/nightbane-palladium-siembieda.php

Nightbane! Nightlords! Nightbirds! Nighttaurs! Nightrifts!

I would be pretty happy with an article made up entirely of randomly generated characters, just to see the insanity that would result.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The entire Palladium catalog is a treasure trove of really awful editorial choices. I think my personal favorite example of crap book writing is Rifts: Manhunter. Conversely, I remember Rifts: Phase World being not super awful.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Nightbane looks like a spectacular time and I would play the hell out of it if I had the slightest inkling that it were as badical as its conceit and art direction suggest.

TheBigC
Jan 22, 2007
Anytime they do a Palladium game I feel like there should a contest to randomly generate some horror using the insane tables that Palladium relies on. Even figuring out what animal you'd be using the TMNT tables is a weird kind of fun (I think I was a mutant Hippo once, and then in the game I rolled a Pigeon!)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

quote:

It is a giant toad's birthday. He will attack unless the party sings for him and gives him gifts.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/random-encounter-dnd.php

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I will never look at kobolds the same way again - nor shall they I.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

WTF, Dnd? posted:

A wizard from a nearby wizard academy accidentally turns one of the party members into a featureless cube of gold. The party must decide whether to petition the academy's elders to turn their companion back or to divide him up and keep the gold.

This is genius.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
The players are knocked over by a downed ley line. The exposure to wild magic gives everyone an extra gland. Have each player roll percentile and consult the Glands Tables in DM's Guide III to determine the gland. If they roll 00 allow them to have the triple prostate in the Legendary Glands section.

:stare:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

That sounds like a zack one

motherfish
Nov 11, 2005

A sad day for orcs :( All lines where fantastic but my favorite was probably the dwarf-made mechanical woman one, so beautifully worded.

quote:

The entire party gets girlfriends, only those girlfriends make all the stuff they used to enjoy weird and the girlfriends hang around all the time alienating the party's cool NPC friends.

Steve, sweetie....

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The dwarf-made mechanical woman sounds like it's from Oglaf.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I managed to get most of the orc ones (I can't tell if I've seen them all) in order, beginning with the burned down house, then going on to the battlefield full of dead orcs, then going on to the last orc ever, and finally to the last orc's ghost. I love how all the adventures hint at at least one other adventure to create some universe of supremely mundane adventures.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

The party is captured by a sasquatch and he makes them give him a bath. If it isn't a good bath he will be angry.

Better pack some luffa.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kobolds are now infinitely more disturbing. :stare:

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

quote:

Find the toughest monster in the monster manual of your choice and make your party fight it. Win or lose, at the end, tell them it was a dream.

One of my DMs did that once, in response to two players making ultra-optimized killing machines. It was exactly as dumb as it sounds.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I wanna know what killed all those unicorns and fairies. :ohdear:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

quote:

Find the toughest monster in the monster manual of your choice and make your party fight it. Win or lose, at the end, tell them it was a dream.
Haha I bet this is the worst. I never got to D&D.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

l33t b4c0n posted:

I managed to get most of the orc ones (I can't tell if I've seen them all) in order, beginning with the burned down house, then going on to the battlefield full of dead orcs, then going on to the last orc ever, and finally to the last orc's ghost. I love how all the adventures hint at at least one other adventure to create some universe of supremely mundane adventures.

you can view the source to see them all

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Ulvino posted:

The players are knocked over by a downed ley line. The exposure to wild magic gives everyone an extra gland. Have each player roll percentile and consult the Glands Tables in DM's Guide III to determine the gland. If they roll 00 allow them to have the triple prostate in the Legendary Glands section.

I thought they'd sworn they would never review FATAL.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I really liked all the connected ones, particularly the ones about the giant toads. I also got a kick out of this one:

quote:

The party discovers a strange portal to a wondrous realm exactly like Star Wars with some names changed around. However, it is only after they pass through the cursed, one-way portal that they realize it is the prequel era and the only adventure they can have involves maneuvering in the galactic senate to gain the votes needed for trade sanctions.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I wanna know what killed all those unicorns and fairies. :ohdear:

Probably Guts.

I came in this thread hoping for a list of all the results, but now I also want to say that WTF,DnD is always a hilarious read. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASMR Yodeling
Nov 16, 2008

So tingly!
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/classic-dungeons-dragons.php

Terrific installment. That old school art was 90% of the charm of those modules for me, unless block-text and tournament-style encounters possess a charm that escapes me.

I saw a photo of Erol Otus once, and was profoundly disappointed that he looked like a normal human being and not, I don't know, some kind of cave-dwelling monster. He certainly taps into something "off" and vaguely atavistic. I bet he's fun at parties.

edited to add: I'm disappointed the artists didn't go more nuts with Q1. Between the spiderweb bridge, the demons out the wazoo, and the bottom level with entire universes behind doorways, that module was deserving of its own pop-out art book (it didn't have one, right?). Otus could've made his masterpiece, presumably an underage-spider sexorium.

ASMR Yodeling fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 21, 2013

• Locked thread