Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

cathead posted:

I got the impression it sort of turbocharged her life powers? If that's true I'm not sure I want to know what would happen if Roxy got ahold of it, and I can't even begin to comprehend how Jake or Dirk's would work.

Roxy: Black Hole Kingpin reference obviously.
Dirk: Pickle inspector's thing. WAY TOO MANY DIRKS.
Jake: okay hell I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Bongo Bill posted:

Caliborn didn't even know what his does, nevermind both of them together.
He doesn't need to know how the story goes to know how it inevitably ends.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

KaosMachina posted:

I feel like people here would be pissed about this, but Hope being supercharged through this power?

Jake will be the one that ends the fight. Calling it now.

Maybe he'll have his brain problems reverse, but for the sake of the story, Jake will either bring everyone back from the brink or be the killing blow against Lord English.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

piemanmoo posted:

apparently lil' cal puts the power of his former juju to shame
The true Cal is a portal to Caliborn's soul. The power of Cal is the power of Caliborn to influence universes he has not entered. It is the power to ultimately ruin alpha timelines. But it is just an (evil) doll, on the outside it is nothing more. The power these jujus gave doesn't even compare when you consider the scope like that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

KaosMachina posted:

Through the power of Trickster Mode, you become...

become...

Jake English. Hellfire and damnation, if only you had gumption in your noodle comparable to the rest of you.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

McStephenson posted:

I feel like people here would be pissed about this, but Hope being supercharged through this power?

Jake will be the one that ends the fight. Calling it now.

Maybe he'll have his brain problems reverse, but for the sake of the story, Jake will either bring everyone back from the brink or be the killing blow against Lord English.

oh of course
hope sepulchritude
hopulchritude

anyway I half expect the next update to be "END OF ACT 6 AC-" popping up before Jane bursts through the curtain

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
What exactly is the stage the green curtain's in front of? Is it somewhere near Alternia?

Renaissance Robot posted:

It is Radiation's headcanon, but since he is basically emergency backup Hussie it may as well be true.

I'm not sure how serious anyone is, but it was confirmed that Plumbthroat represented Lord English. Hints included the overcoat, not wearing a shirt, and killing horrorterrors.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That it is one magical PCHOOOOOO.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Fully expecting the next update to be End of Act 6 Act 5 Part 1 End of Act 6 Act 5 Act 1 Part 1. :colbert:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

KaosMachina posted:

Sepulchritude!

...no, really.

quote:

Righteous fire of charisma. Consumes recipient, host, and all who surround in scathing cyclone of personal charm.

Jake is the kid all the others wanted to date. Makes sense he gets the charisma attack.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bobulus posted:

Sepulchritude!

...no, really.

Jake is the kid all the others wanted to date. Makes sense he gets the charisma attack.

Amusingly, Sepulchritude is also listed as basically the Hope class's Limit Break on that fanfic Sburb FAQ.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Color Printer posted:

I don't think a human wrote this. Especially the title. What the flying gently caress :psyboom:

EDIT: Hussie tweeted about this, if you were wondering

So now that that article has gained attention, the author has written a rebuttal on yet another freelance publishing website, insisting that everybody who couldn't understand his article was an idiot, and he was just trolling us this whole time. He has deleted the original article.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

KaosMachina posted:

Maybe she somehow accessed a weaponized version of the lifey thing?

Well, it's life energy utilized against undead enemies. Might not work the same against living ones.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jewel Repetition posted:

What exactly is the stage the green curtain's in front of? Is it somewhere near Alternia?

I'm not sure how serious anyone is, but it was confirmed that Plumbthroat represented Lord English. Hints included the overcoat, not wearing a shirt, and killing horrorterrors.

It's the planet Caliborn is on, inside the medium, which is it's own little unusual wrinkle in the metaphysics. We saw a bunch of stages as we zoomed back in on Caliborn before he found the tower.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm really, really scared of and for Jane right now. :gonk:

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

That's one hell of a way to end an act.

tinaun posted:

So now that that article has gained attention, the author has written a rebuttal on yet another freelance publishing website, insisting that everybody who couldn't understand his article was an idiot, and he was just trolling us this whole time. He has deleted the original article.

Communication is hard. Throwing a tantrum is easy. That makes Timothy Sexton a mime.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
1) Assuming it's not just an issue of bad art/perspective, Jane and Gamzee are really loving tall. I knew Gamzee was one of the taller trolls but Jane is easily 7ish feet tall in Jollybright mode.

2) She jumped off a loving planet.

3) She's probably gonna just straight up bust through that curtain and do some crazy poo poo if Cannon Trickster mode is anything like easter egg Trickster mode.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

KaosMachina posted:

Maybe she somehow accessed a weaponized version of the lifey thing?

Actually, given that the imps and such were creepy zombie things from the beginning, couldn't this just be that RPG classic of killing the undead with healing spells?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Crain posted:

1) Assuming it's not just an issue of bad art/perspective, Jane and Gamzee are really loving tall. I knew Gamzee was one of the taller trolls but Jane is easily 7ish feet tall in Jollybright mode.
According to an offhand formspring comment, Gamzee is canonically the shortest troll, just to arbitrarily piss off the people whose headcanon was that he was the tallest troll.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
I swear, every time I think I know what to think, Hussie throws another curveball.

This loving comic.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Oh jegus it actually is a glitch/virus. Props to whoever called it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Seoinin posted:

e. On the other hand, he can see what happens on his monitor tower. So I guess Cal is totally a flat upgrade.

Trickster Jane is just so obscene that Caliborn couldn't bring himself to watch.

Now that Jane has LIFEJUMPED off of her planet, she's probably going to go make sure that everybody has a great time on her birthday. Or else.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

JT Jag posted:

According to an offhand formspring comment, Gamzee is canonically the shortest troll, just to arbitrarily piss off the people whose headcanon was that he was the tallest troll.

Really? Huh. Well, he;s pretty freaking tall in the latest flash. But that could just be bad art I guess.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Someone go replay the Myststuck flash, iirc there were a whole bunch of hints about Jane rekindling life on her planet.

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.

Crain posted:

Really? Huh. Well, he;s pretty freaking tall in the latest flash. But that could just be bad art I guess.
If Hussie offhandedly declares something "canon" outside the comic, chances are he's joking.

Also I'm pretty ok with these developments aside from the lack of foreshadowing for trickster mode being a real thing. At least this is threatening to move things along.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

ShardPhoenix posted:

If Hussie offhandedly declares something "canon" outside the comic, chances are he's joking.
You know, until he's not.

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.

JT Jag posted:

You know, until he's not.
That's why I said "chances are" not "it's certain". Basically if you read that formspring stuff you can get a sense for when he's being mostly serious vs. when he's being flippant in a way that may or may not ever become relevant.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Let's talk about which arm Jack is missing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I... don't think Hussie is ok, guys. I think this is a cry for help.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Spellman posted:

The one that's not there. Obviously.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

ShardPhoenix posted:

Are you implying that Vriska isn't earth-shatteringly fat?

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Welp, I think everyone who was doubtful about the purpose of this Trickster Mode stuff earlier today should get the point now. :colbert:

As someone who knows what it's like to feel so happy that it goes through the other end and becomes completely loving terrifying, I expected Trickster Mode to be this intense. This is exactly what I wanted to happen. Jane can basically do whatever she wants at this point, and I would consider her lucidity dubious at best. Just the mere act of jumping off of LoCaH caused half of the thing to bloom with life, and I wonder if that took any effort or thought on Jane's part at all. Something is going happen, and its either going to be real good or real bad. 50/50.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Spellman posted:

If I'm correctly reading Intermission terminology, it's the right-left arm. Unless he flips his sprite, then it's his left-right.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

ShardPhoenix posted:

Just because it's a joke doesn't mean it can't also be true. Remember that Gamzee sketch?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Q: But Aradia's introduction had her be crazy tall before the symbolic manner appeared! Are all of them the size of Dad or Spades?

AH: Final answer: all of them are all heights.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

"Hooooonk" is a pretty accurate summery of how I feel right now.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
I think Homestuck made me laugh out loud for the first time since I started it.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

What I'm curious is what's going to happen if Jane comes off this sugar high, and crashes: both figuratively and literally

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Hussie later retracted this in favor of another "They're whatever height" answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Midnight Raider posted:

Hussie later retracted this in favor of another "They're whatever height" answer.
Hussie always has ultimately been of the "gently caress, this is a fan-driven comic, I like to keep the mundane details of the characters as generic as possible so I won't ruin too many of your fanfics. Except when I do want to ruin them, this ship is canon now" type.