Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Other NZBSRUS staff are now claiming it was all a mistake and they're working to restore everything.

Show of hands: who believes this was a mistake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Der Shovel posted:

Other NZBSRUS staff are now claiming it was all a mistake and they're working to restore everything.

Show of hands: who believes this was a mistake?

*crickets*

Yeah, they're definitely just some greedy bastards and I bet it backfired on them so they're scrambling.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

*crickets*

Yeah, they're definitely just some greedy bastards and I bet it backfired on them so they're scrambling.

Agree with this, they probably saw the backfire and ran quickly to revert everything.

gently caress them anyway, I wouldn't trust poo poo after this.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Their site was awful to boot. Huge amounts of unexplained downtime, weird API issues and uncommunicative staff. No one should be giving them money, there are too many free indexes and other methods (newznab/spotweb) to bother with a site that pulls poo poo like that.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Did nzb.su change things up? I noticed last night that it's downloading nzbs in 'nzp.zip' format and that is sucking balls for me when I use my iPad to send to Qouch since Qouch doesn't handle zip files. Any nzb.su users notice this, or no of a setting I'm missing on nzb.su or in Qouch?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Is anyone else having trouble w/ speeds from Supernews?

I'm getting 1KB/s a right now..

I've used 1.1 terabytes since Nov 5th, and I usually average 10-15 megabytes per second. Checked my bandwidth on various bandwidth testing sites, and I'm good to go there.

Have I been QoS'd by my ISP? Is there a way to check that?

Edit-- nevermind, it was just being weird and only showing me as d/l'ing 1kbps, but I was getting my normal 15 megabytes a second-- just a weird glitch in the way it was displaying the download.

porktree posted:

Did nzb.su change things up? I noticed last night that it's downloading nzbs in 'nzp.zip' format and that is sucking balls for me when I use my iPad to send to Qouch since Qouch doesn't handle zip files. Any nzb.su users notice this, or no of a setting I'm missing on nzb.su or in Qouch?

It's the same as it's been since Nov for me. One solution I have started using is that I have SABNZBD checking my cloud folders for NZB's to go to work on.. So when I download an NZB, or a zip'd NZB on another device, say my phone or tablet, I just save it to my cloud folder and it picks it up. I'm not familiar with Qouch but this setup lets me check my downloads on any device with a browser by logging into my SABNZBD, and to queue up downloads from anywhere. I was on the metro train yesterday and queue'd up a download and by the time I got home it was done. Maybe this kind of setup would work for you?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 9, 2013

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

Is anyone else having trouble w/ speeds from Supernews?

I'm getting 1KB/s a right now..

I've used 1.1 terabytes since Nov 5th, and I usually average 10-15 megabytes per second. Checked my bandwidth on various bandwidth testing sites, and I'm good to go there.

Have I been QoS'd by my ISP? Is there a way to check that?

Edit-- nevermind, it was just being weird and only showing me as d/l'ing 1kbps, but I was getting my normal 15 megabytes a second-- just a weird glitch in the way it was displaying the download.

SABnzbd will do a verification process before it downloads a nzb(at least for me) that shows the speed being 1KB/s, that's probably what you were seeing.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
This is pretty hair-pulling. SickBeard was working fine for a while, and I noticed nothing new downloading.

I checked the logs, and nothing gets past:

Searching for stuff we need from xxxxxxx

I tried changing all the settings I could think of, rebooted the computer, looked for updates, I can't fix this. I have tried like 5 different shows (forced them to backlog) and they all do this. What's going on?

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Silly question but I suppose we need to get it out of the way: Can you find these shows if you search your index site manually?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Syano posted:

Silly question but I suppose we need to get it out of the way: Can you find these shows if you search your index site manually?

You are a peach for your willingness to help me.

It's actually not a silly question because first thing I thought was maybe the API key changed or some nonsense. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with DMCA stuff because this stuff in particular is documentary or news program stuff that is public broadcasting/domain. Anyway, I clicked it, and it went to SABNZBDB just fine! So it's definitely SickBeard.

I have SickBeard Indexer, Wombie's Indexer, and NZB.su (a custom field I entered) as my top 3 search providers; though I have no idea if NZB.su was set up properly there. Regardless, I get nothing from SickBeard to SABNZBDB . Just non stop "Searching for stuff we need from xxxxxxx".

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Milky_Sauce posted:

It's actually not a silly question because first thing I thought was maybe the API key changed or some nonsense. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with DMCA stuff because this stuff in particular is documentary or news program stuff that is public broadcasting/domain. Anyway, I clicked it, and it went to SABNZBDB just fine! So it's definitely SickBeard.

I have SickBeard Indexer, Wombie's Indexer, and NZB.su (a custom field I entered) as my top 3 search providers; though I have no idea if NZB.su was set up properly there. Regardless, I get nothing from SickBeard to SABNZBDB . Just non stop "Searching for stuff we need from xxxxxxx".

What version of Sickbeard? Is this old stuff or new? Might want to check the retention settings as well.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Milky_Sauce posted:

Does it work if you only set one episode to 'Wanted' at once? Sickbeard wasn't getting anything for me either, until I tried to make it grab only 1 episode at a time which made it work again. It's pretty annoying!

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

The Gunslinger posted:

What version of Sickbeard? Is this old stuff or new? Might want to check the retention settings as well.

I am using alpha build 499. It's definitely not retention; it is doing this with a show from 3 days ago.

Stiggs posted:

Does it work if you only set one episode to 'Wanted' at once? Sickbeard wasn't getting anything for me either, until I tried to make it grab only 1 episode at a time which made it work again. It's pretty annoying!

Well one of the shows I tried only had 1 in wanted, and I clicked force to backlog. It didn't seem to make a difference!

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Send me a forum PM with more details, I will compare against my setup.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

What mobile solution are people using for android? NZB360 looks decent and well supported.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

kri kri posted:

What mobile solution are people using for android? NZB360 looks decent and well supported.

Check out NZB Unity as a free Android alternative to NZB 360, but I think development's ground to a halt.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

DMCrimson posted:

Check out NZB Unity as a free Android alternative to NZB 360, but I think development's ground to a halt.

Yeah I used to use it but it only supported nzbmatrix and well...

I would like something that supports downloading from newznab sites likes dognzb, etc.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

kri kri posted:

I would like something that supports downloading from newznab sites likes dognzb, etc.

Just an fyi for people using ios myNZB, apparently the developer is adding the ability to add generic newznab sites soon.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
Set up Sickbeard last night, it's pretty awesome and I don't know why I didn't do this before.

Is there a way to get SB to rename files to look all nice but not move them into their own folders? I like having all my downloads in the same folder so I know what's new, then once I go through them all I can hit manual post-processing to put them in their nice little folders.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Sunblood posted:

Set up Sickbeard last night, it's pretty awesome and I don't know why I didn't do this before.

Is there a way to get SB to rename files to look all nice but not move them into their own folders? I like having all my downloads in the same folder so I know what's new, then once I go through them all I can hit manual post-processing to put them in their nice little folders.

Use XBMC, have sickbeard notify XBMC of new shows. Dont worry about folders.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Sunblood posted:

You can do that directly in sabnzb (settings, sorting) and you can automatically delete files you don't want like .nfo or .sfv.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

elwood posted:

You can do that directly in sabnzb (settings, sorting) and you can automatically delete files you don't want like .nfo or .sfv.

Oh neat, I knew that was there but never thought about doing it with sabnzbd directly.
Thanks.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Sunblood posted:

Oh neat, I knew that was there but never thought about doing it with sabnzbd directly.
Thanks.

For bonus points, use a python script to automatically update xbmc when the download completes. There's one on the SAB forum I wrote, just requires the jsonrpc library.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

It's the same as it's been since Nov for me. One solution I have started using is that I have SABNZBD checking my cloud folders for NZB's to go to work on.. So when I download an NZB, or a zip'd NZB on another device, say my phone or tablet, I just save it to my cloud folder and it picks it up. I'm not familiar with Qouch but this setup lets me check my downloads on any device with a browser by logging into my SABNZBD, and to queue up downloads from anywhere. I was on the metro train yesterday and queue'd up a download and by the time I got home it was done. Maybe this kind of setup would work for you?
Yep, I can do that easily enough. I'm guessing SAB handles the zip file without issue, I'll just set SAB up to watch a dropbox folder. Thanks.

Muppet Danny Brown
Sep 24, 2006

Smell like a penguin
My linux distros keep getting DMCA'd falsely. I'm on Astraweb and it has become a fairly serious issue, as I'm no longer able to download nearly as many versions of CentOS as I need for my virtual servers. Are there any reliable EU based non DMCA compliant providers out there?

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005

DMCrimson posted:

Unless something has happened since, they were active enough to update the app to remove NZBMatrix the day after it closed, and the Google Play page says "work is underway for a major re-release coming Q1 2013"

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Ashex posted:

For bonus points, use a python script to automatically update xbmc when the download completes. There's one on the SAB forum I wrote, just requires the jsonrpc library.

I'm too stupid to find it. Can you post a link to it?

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

kri kri posted:

NZB360 supports Newznab sites now. Currently its pretty basic but the dev is great about updating and I'm sure it will be awesome soon.

Fcdts26 fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 10, 2013

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I'm too stupid to find it. Can you post a link to it?

Yep, here it is. There are other ways to do it like with wget but personally python is the best way to go about it. If anyone figures out how to update a specific file/show via the API let me know. This works well but can get annoying when you're grabbing many things at once.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

Has anyone had a craic at writing their own regexes for Newznab?

I'm indexing alt.binaries.u4all, and about 50% of the contents come back with hosed up names and don't categorise properly. The posting might contain a filename like '[U4A]MOVIE.NAME-releasegroup.etc', and Newznab is smart enough to grab the correct metadata and art etc, but then fails to rename the post to anything meaningful and, instead, I get a post titled something like '[U4A] 100113 26 04 11' stuck into my 'misc' category.

I've had a go at modifying a regex to improve things, but haven't got a loving clue what i'm doing really. Obviously it's possible because, in most cases, sites like nzb.su achieve it most of the time.

Any ideas?

Madd0g11
Jun 14, 2002
Bitter Vet
Lipstick Apathy

moron posted:

I'm indexing alt.binaries.u4all, and about 50% of the contents come back with hosed up names and don't categorise properly. The posting might contain a filename like '[U4A]MOVIE.NAME-releasegroup.etc', and Newznab is smart enough to grab the correct metadata and art etc, but then fails to rename the post to anything meaningful and, instead, I get a post titled something like '[U4A] 100113 26 04 11' stuck into my 'misc' category.

In the misc/testing folder there is a script called update_parsing.php that renames the weird named releases using the NFO or release file of the post. I've been using it to clean up once a day and it's been helpful.

Sort of related to regex, has anyone added a group that wasn't in the default set of groups and copied some existing regexes to it? I can do it manually copying them one at a time but their should be a faster way to copy some from existing groups regexes.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Madd0g11 posted:

Sort of related to regex, has anyone added a group that wasn't in the default set of groups and copied some existing regexes to it? I can do it manually copying them one at a time but their should be a faster way to copy some from existing groups regexes.

Wait, you don't need to add regexes to a manually added group? I added a.b.boneless and it found releases no problem?

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Wait, you don't need to add regexes to a manually added group? I added a.b.boneless and it found releases no problem?

I also added a.b.nospam.cheerleaders and it worked right off the bat.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Madd0g11 posted:

In the misc/testing folder there is a script called update_parsing.php that renames the weird named releases using the NFO or release file of the post. I've been using it to clean up once a day and it's been helpful.

Thanks for this, I just ran it and it cleaned up a lot. Do you know how far back it goes? How often would I have to run it (I might just make it a task)

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Ok I did something boneheaded. I set up couchpotato on my wife's mac mini and apparently I fat fingered the password. No clue how I did that. Anyways, does anyone know where in the world the config file is on a mac so I can blow the password away?

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Anyone using Frugalusenet? Most of my content is well within the 300 day retention. Anything outside of their retention would be picked up by a block account. Is there any reason not to drop Supernews and switch?

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
I just switched to Frugal Usenet during their $40 sale, backed up with a block news block account. Hasn't been any different from my News hosting/Block news combo, other than I've hit my block account for a couple big downloads that were out of my primary retention. Even if I burn through my 200gb block account twice, I'm still saving a ton, and 90% of my usage is within 300 days regardless.

Madd0g11
Jun 14, 2002
Bitter Vet
Lipstick Apathy

ClassH posted:

Thanks for this, I just ran it and it cleaned up a lot. Do you know how far back it goes? How often would I have to run it (I might just make it a task)

I think it can be changed in the script from 24h to entire DB you would have to open it up and check the comments.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Really, in the regex section each group has its own set along with the ones that exist for all groups. When I added a news group and did a few days for fill I got nothing but checking bin search I saw the group had releases during that time. I'll have to poke at it more then.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Syano posted:

Ok I did something boneheaded. I set up couchpotato on my wife's mac mini and apparently I fat fingered the password. No clue how I did that. Anyways, does anyone know where in the world the config file is on a mac so I can blow the password away?

Look under /Applications/CouchPotatoServer/ or /User/yourusername/Library/Application Support/couchpotato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

PitViper posted:

I just switched to Frugal Usenet during their $40 sale, backed up with a block news block account. Hasn't been any different from my News hosting/Block news combo, other than I've hit my block account for a couple big downloads that were out of my primary retention. Even if I burn through my 200gb block account twice, I'm still saving a ton, and 90% of my usage is within 300 days regardless.

Thanks. That's just what I wanted to hear.