Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Is it possible to do coupons for this on amazon? One of my friends apparently things $3 is too much money, loving cheapskate.

Can you send amazon gift certs for only 3 bucks? I'll send you one for that over irc or some poo poo when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Is it possible to do coupons for this on amazon? One of my friends apparently things $3 is too much money, loving cheapskate.

Your friend does not deserve to masturbate.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

My friend is actually a hot girl. I'm hoping she repays me with sexy photos.

This is important!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
She will repay you with photos exactly as erotic as A Game of Bones.

You're totally getting tubgirl, I'm afraid.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't... I can't believe this poo poo. You fuckers did it. You actually got this on amazon. I didn't think it would actually make it past the review process, yet there it is.

Congratulations I guess.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
Yes, we did it. Holy poo poo we did it, it's on actually on Amazon and can possibly make money in the near future. We will have seven parody books p before George Martin is. This truly is the worst thread.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

whowhatwhere posted:

She will repay you with photos exactly as erotic as A Game of Bones.

If you don't already get off to a woman fountaining bright yellow diarrhea onto her own face, your dick doesn't know what it's missing.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Hint: it is actual sex.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I just wanted to mention that I stopped following this thread about 7000 posts ago when speculation about this wholly original book started. I was pretty loving surprised to come back yesterday and realize you actually got it published on amazon.

This gives it the dubious honour of being the only finished collaborative goon project to date, right?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mulatto Butts posted:

I just wanted to mention that I stopped following this thread about 7000 posts ago when speculation about this wholly original book started. I was pretty loving surprised to come back yesterday and realize you actually got it published on amazon.

This gives it the dubious honour of being the only finished collaborative goon project to date, right?

Indeed it does.

:toot:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

That and the fast turnaround makes it even easier to loathe GRRM for focusing on his "half dozen other projects" instead of writing anything new. Sanderson and Abercrombie put out a new book every year, you absolute fucker, and now this.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

OH MY FUCKIN WHOOPTY WOOOOO

e: add this poo poo to Goonreads.

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 11, 2013

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Mulatto Butts posted:

I think so... it's sad that it is and it's sure as hell no Zybourne Clock, but it was loving finished.

I don't know, maybe it isn't the first one ever finished but it's sure as poo poo the first goon project I've ever seen finished.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
No one tell Creative Convention, I suspect some of the posters there might commit suicide out of sheer despair.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"The silly thread about boner jokes finished their novel and got on the amazon kindle store before you could do a goddamn thing."

And with that a thousand goons fell upon their replica Naruto wakizashis in despair.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Nonsense. The book was finished because of white cisgender privilege buzzword meme.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Cornwind Evil posted:

No one tell Creative Convention, I suspect some of the posters there might commit suicide out of sheer despair.

Sheer Shameful Arousal, more like it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Okay, so apparently my friend actually downloaded AGoB, but it doesn't work on her tablet. Can someone take a peek at the file from amazon and see if it's hosed?

Nevermind, when she said "it doesn't work" she meant because she doesn't have a Kindle. Isn't there a Kindle app, though?

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 11, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
As a published author available on amazon.com, the best and most trustworthy purveyor of ebooks, I have such a shameful boner thinking of all the shameful boners we are about to embark upon.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Okay, so apparently my friend actually downloaded AGoB, but it doesn't work on her tablet. Can someone take a peek at the file from amazon and see if it's hosed?

Nevermind, when she said "it doesn't work" she meant because she doesn't have a Kindle. Isn't there a Kindle app, though?
There is most definitely an iOS Kindle App, an Android app, and a Windows app, so I don't know what the problem is. Direct her here.

bigmcgaffney posted:

Sheer Shameful Arousal, more like it.
Arousingly Shameful Arousal.

v How could you be possibly sorry for that.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 11, 2013

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
guys I'm really sorry about this.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Beyond sane knolls posted:

The pizza rolls caught in her throat...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Shame and boners literally EVERYWHURR

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
I have my Theon expy chapter almost done already. Practically wrote itself. As a registered ADTRW poster I guess the anime dickgirl pillow inspired me or something.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I just keep writing more and more notes. I think it'll get to the point were my chapter is one long, narrative note.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I'm all for writing things in advance (hell, I've already given poor thornghost a preview), but we should probably refrain from posting chapters until we're finally done with all that we're doing with the first book.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Shame and boners literally EVERYWHURR

A Shame of Bones?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Did my recording, now doing my editing so that it's not THE WORST.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

All of these audio book chapters are amazing, by the way.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yeah, Arbite's got the right idea. Please, no one post chapters yet. I would argue, perhaps, at all? At least in-thread, if you want to PM one another to laugh, that's totally fine. I would like to be entirely surprised when our second novel comes out, plus there's also keeping it from the prying public eyes! We're in a business, people, no sense giving it away.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Is there a Google doc like last time?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
The book is $4.95 on Amazon for me, am I doing something wrong or did the price go up?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Fatkraken posted:

The book is $4.95 on Amazon for me, am I doing something wrong or did the price go up?
It shows up as $3.17 for me (the $0.18 difference might be NY sales tax or something, I dunno. Amazon is weird like that).

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Joramun posted:

It shows up as $3.17 for me (the $0.18 difference might be NY sales tax or something, I dunno. Amazon is weird like that).

Ah, probably some UK thing then. We have pretty high VAT so that might be part of it

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

I tried to set the price as 2.99 in whatever currency it was (if applicable), rather than letting Amazon use the US dollars price as the baseline and come up with an adjusted price. If you're seeing weird prices, it may be taxes - I'm not sure.

Also, I went ahead and started a Google Doc for A Clash of Kinks and shared it with everyone who was a contributor last time. Check your emails for the link. If you're a new contributor, send me an email at agameofbones@gmail.com with your SA username in the body of the email and I'll add you to the list if you're on the outline for the new book.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

I am so proud of you fuckers.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Facebook page needs 6 more likes before I can register the name.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Game-of-Bones/186692488138540

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Beyond sane knolls posted:

You should be. Needs some work, I give it 1.5 'staches.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Mutato posted:

I am stalking all you goony fucks on this page. Especially A_H.

How do I like this page without my friends seeing?

With a fake facebook account natch! Anyway, we hit 25 LIKES, and I'm jumping through some hoops to get the name. agob, gameofbones,gameofbones222, agameofbones, etc are all "unavailable". I've put in a request to get it unlocked, we will see how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to enlist people's help writing some reviews of A Game of Bones on the Facebook page and the Amazon one. I recommend skimming through the Amazon A Game of Thrones review page and just finding some that apply to the new book. Those tend to be the funniest.

quote:

My son recommend this book. I was not sure if I would like it because it did not sound like my kind of book but it was an excellent book. I could not put it down. I just started book 2. I highly recommed this book.

quote:

The book has so much detail to it that the plot really comes alive in your mind. The only down side is the skipping from character to character... I get engrossed in the story of one just to be tossed some place else in an entirely different story in the next chapter.

quote:

A great tale and a treat for one's imagination. Looking forward to the next book in the series. Truly a work of art.

quote:

My daughter tried for months to get me interested in this series...I kept dawdling. Finally, bought this ro read on my Kindle and stormed through it in days. Have also read books two and three. Love the action, the characters and the intrigue!

You get the idea.