Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_C9QJ41Jx0

It strikes me as toothless rage. These types are insecure, angsty cowards that hide behind guns and say outrageous things to get attention. Also, according to TPM this guy lied about his training credentials (big surprise).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

beatlegs posted:

It strikes me as toothless rage. These types are insecure, angsty cowards that hide behind guns and say outrageous things to get attention. Also, according to TPM this guy lied about his training credentials (big surprise).

:laffo: Top rated comment:

quote:

miltonic rhetoric 1 hour ago
For Obama to be taken seriously on "gun control" he needs to immediately disarm, defund, and disband the violent gun nuts comprised of al-Qaeda and other Mujahideen currently posing as the "Syrian rebels." These are the same violent gun nuts that were in Libya helping to depose Gaddafi before they took the road to Damascus (and not to convert). See, deep down Obama and his sociopathic sycophants are violent, tortured souls.  That is why they are so obsessed with guns and foreign intervention.

What does this even mean???

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crasscrab posted:

What does this even mean???

It means a black man is president and it broke this poor man's mind.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

VanSandman posted:

It means a black man is president and it broke this poor man's mind.

You forgot also Arabs=terrorists/Al Queda

Job Creator
Apr 3, 2009

A good portion of the people i see ranting about gun control via social media are former/current military or law enforcement types.

I really wonder who exactly they think "The Government" is and by what means they would confiscate everyone's guns. It's as if these guys believe Obama has some secret legion of stormtroopers ready to be unleashed upon America. The lack of self awareness is incredible.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Sean Archer posted:

A good portion of the people i see ranting about gun control via social media are former/current military or law enforcement types.

I really wonder who exactly they think "The Government" is and by what means they would confiscate everyone's guns. It's as if these guys believe Obama has some secret legion of stormtroopers ready to be unleashed upon America. The lack of self awareness is incredible.

Maybe they are just super-aware. If you think, just two years ago, you would have rolled through this town murdering people for their guns then, well, it certainly sucks your longarm isn't an automatic and you're not even in good shape anymore.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

I once got into an argument with someone that the Constitution is literally an unchangeable document and not at all "living."

It was the day I realized I should not be arguing with these people.
In a world where the Constitution is unchanging, right-wing media is cheering on Vice President Mitt Romney's efforts to gently caress up the chances of Obama winning a third term, especially in the over represented slave states.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

For all the ridicule this thread heaps on the hyperbolic threats and rants of paranoid old white people, don't forget that stuff like this has influenced and will continue to influence people who will actually go out and kill others. I find it kind of weird that all of you guys seem to downplay the potentially real consequences of hateful people obsessing about the guns they own.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Didn't Michael Steele have to apologize once?

Yup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVgDTVbhF1A

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

Someone pointed out earlier that he was a serviceman who in his sole incident of actual combat broke the protocol completely and literally ran away.

He wasn't in the military. He came over as a contractor to train Iraqi's. His first firefight he went into a panic and forgot he was in a stick shift and then ran away... only to shoot up a car of what was probably civilians right after and then contributed nothing as his friends were shot up.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

beatlegs posted:

I'm glad we have Good Guys with Guns (TM) to protect the public by..."killing people" I guess?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I'm glad we have Good Guys with Guns (TM) to protect the public by..."killing people" I guess?

Got to stop the quasi-trained MMA fighter whose mind was blasted on "purple drank" trying to kill a guy with no combat training.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

You left out Alice Cooper too. When Marilyn Manson turns fifty, I wonder if he'll be a GOP shill too. Also, Ted Nugent is a pedophile so gently caress him.

Considering that LaVeyan satanism is objectivism reskinned with mysticism, I'd be utterly unsurprised.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 11, 2013

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Nevermind first part, thought this was the freep thread.

edit

bobkatt013 posted:

Got to stop the quasi-trained MMA fighter whose mind was blasted on "purple drank" trying to kill a guy with no combat training.

Or local guy, Michael Berry (he's on before Rush), was talking about purple drank but using it to describe what doctors give to old people in pain. He said they were told to put in on ice and carry it around in a cup or something. It was a really weird segment with a caller that had a father who was 85 and had about every ailment you could imagine, so it could've been a bad joke as well. Couldn't tell.

So I guess purple drank isn't just a tasty beverage concocted by the Amish to help them kill patriots?

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 11, 2013

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This is what will happen to every "keep your powder dry!" coward if they ever actually go through with their threats: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=239af7443a

And it will be amazing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

Nevermind first part, thought this was the freep thread.

edit

Or local guy, Michael Berry (he's on before Rush), was talking about purple drank but using it to describe what doctors give to old people in pain. He said they were told to put in on ice and carry it around in a cup or something. It was a really weird segment with a caller that had a father who was 85 and had about every ailment you could imagine, so it could've been a bad joke as well. Couldn't tell.

So I guess purple drank isn't just a tasty beverage concocted by the Amish to help them kill patriots?

No it is something that a freeper said why the shooting of Trayvon Martin was justified.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:qq:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

You know how Andrew Schlafly hates General Relativity because he's not smart enough to distinguish it from moral relativism? Here's a guy who thinks the distributive property in algebra is liberal propaganda.

If you go look up Eric Bolling this is kinda normal for him. Like when he said Muppets are commies.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Whatever it takes to prevent Limbaugh moving back.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I thought it was a good thing to keep narcotics out of the hands of the filthy plebs that use public hospitals?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Goatman Sacks posted:

This is what will happen to every "keep your powder dry!" coward if they ever actually go through with their threats: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=239af7443a

And it will be amazing.

I'm at work, so I'd rather not open this (you might want to throw NSFW tags up too), but is this the video of that shirtless guy wandering around with a shotgun who basically runs into a SWAT team around a corner and takes a burst of fire from the leader?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Boondock Saint posted:

I'm at work, so I'd rather not open this (you might want to throw NSFW tags up too), but is this the video of that shirtless guy wandering around with a shotgun who basically runs into a SWAT team around a corner and takes a burst of fire from the leader?

Yep. I thought it was going to be awesome but it was just kinda sad.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Radbot posted:

I thought it was a good thing to keep narcotics out of the hands of the filthy plebs that use public hospitals?

Its only entitlement if it doesn't effect you - right wing motto

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

Yeah but something tells me the average Drudge reader isn't getting his or her Percocet scrip written at an NYC public ER.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

Less painkillers for the poor more for Rush

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Boondock Saint posted:

Yeah, it's that one. Pretty much how I'd expect most rootin'-tootin' militia gun nuts to go out when pitted against a trained police force.

Edit: Apparently I didn't refresh the page.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Radbot posted:

Yeah but something tells me the average Drudge reader isn't getting his or her Percocet scrip written at an NYC public ER.

You'd be surprised. The great talent of the Right Wing is villifying the benefits most poor people receive by convincing a population of poor people they are not the ones receiving them.

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Yeah, it's that one. Pretty much how I'd expect most rootin'-tootin' militia gun nuts to go out when pitted against a trained police force.

Edit: Apparently I didn't refresh the page.

It is, but that's not the worry. The tragic side is that if the worst happens we'll probably see people gunning down Democrats. IE, more shootings of Mosques, malls, Democratic campaign offices and stuff like that.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

SilentD posted:

It is, but that's not the worry. The tragic side is that if the worst happens we'll probably see people gunning down Democrats. IE, more shootings of Mosques, malls, Democratic campaign offices and stuff like that.

I thought you were for stuff like that?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Still waiting for Drudge to whine about all of those bills FL Gov. Rick Scott (R) signed to restrict access to pain mess. Oh wait, that's never going to happen.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
I'm hearing a lot of people bitching about their taxes going up this paycheck. From what I understand, this is due to an increase in order to pay for SS. Is that correct? Can someone briefly explain what process led to this specific tax increase occurring?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Unzip and Attack posted:

I'm hearing a lot of people bitching about their taxes going up this paycheck. From what I understand, this is due to an increase in order to pay for SS. Is that correct? Can someone briefly explain what process led to this specific tax increase occurring?

The payroll tax holiday was allowed to end. So yes, everyone's taxes went up. And yes, the payroll tax is at least technically designated for social security funding.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Unzip and Attack posted:

The Making Work Pay payroll tax cut expired.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Thanks guys. Was the expiration of this tax Holiday something that would have occurred even if the House had buckled and voted for the Democratic plan a couple months ago?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Unzip and Attack posted:

Thanks guys. Was the expiration of this tax Holiday something that would have occurred even if the House had buckled and voted for the Democratic plan a couple months ago?

The Dems wanted an extension of the payroll tax holiday, but they gave up on it in the course of kicking the latest can down the road a month or so. It'll probably come back up when the next fight starts.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just found a pretty stunning article regarding how much of a piece of poo poo Andrew Sullivan is. I never realized he took on Brietbart levels of dishonesty. :stare:

Shoot. And I'd liked his articles for such a long time.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Zeroisanumber posted:

The Dems wanted an extension of the payroll tax holiday, but they gave up on it in the course of kicking the latest can down the road a month or so. It'll probably come back up when the next fight starts.

Ehhh, some Dems wanted it continued, but continuation of the payroll tax cut was never a serious option in any plan. It's not going to come back up.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Zeroisanumber posted:

Not really. Neither side wanted it. It was originally only meant to last a year (2011) but then got a one-year extension in 2012. The payroll tax rate is back to what it was just a couple of years ago and while it sucks, it's not something anyone should be surprised over.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Ballz posted:

Not really. Neither side wanted it. It was originally only meant to last a year (2011) but then got a one-year extension in 2012. The payroll tax rate is back to what it was just a couple of years ago and while it sucks, it's not something anyone should be surprised over.

I was having lunch with a friend and some people she knew last week and one of them was up in arms about Obama going back on his promise not to raise the taxes on her paycheck.

Of course then she started talking about her daughter's new boyfriend in a disapproving tone and wouldn't explain her reservations before finally just pulling out her phone and showing a picture of them together while saying 'see what I mean?' Took me a second to notice what I was supposed to be seeing before realizing, oh, it's because he's black. So, I somewhat doubt the sincerity of her economic argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

ShadowCatboy posted:

Just found a pretty stunning article regarding how much of a piece of poo poo Andrew Sullivan is. I never realized he took on Brietbart levels of dishonesty. :stare:

Shoot. And I'd liked his articles for such a long time.

I hold quite a special contempt for Sullivan exactly because for some time he fooled me into thinking he was a half-decent person.