Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Duderclese posted:

an AG5 GR with +MV.

Now THERE'S a foul waiting to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

uPen posted:

Neither do sure hands skeletons, who cost less TV and have thick skull instead of pass.

They also have less movement and no passing access, which gets you a reroll for only 20k.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Been playing undead for some time now, awesome team for a newbie like me. Even have a wight with +1 MV, +1 STR and Dodge. Now im a bit wary of playing because i know hes going to die the next time i play :ohdear:.

I just wish my skeletons would stop nabbing MVP, i bought them to die so others dont have to but they keep hoovering up that SPP like crazy.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

BombiTheZombie posted:

Been playing undead for some time now, awesome team for a newbie like me. Even have a wight with +1 MV, +1 STR and Dodge. Now im a bit wary of playing because i know hes going to die the next time i play :ohdear:.

I just wish my skeletons would stop nabbing MVP, i bought them to die so others dont have to but they keep hoovering up that SPP like crazy.

How many skeletons do you have? Out of how many total players? I haven't played undead in a while, but aren't wights the only ones without regenerate? If you've got over 13 players, you can probably ditch some skeletons.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

TheAnomaly posted:

How many skeletons do you have? Out of how many total players? I haven't played undead in a while, but aren't wights the only ones without regenerate? If you've got over 13 players, you can probably ditch some skeletons.

Right now my roster is
3x Reroll

2x Wight
+str
+ma
dodge
/
dodge

2x Mummy
Guard on both
Block on one

3x Ghoul
Block on one

4x Skeletons
2 with Block

I've been meaning to get a benchwarmer in case someone dies on the field but my treasury is looking a bit thin at the moment.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Wights regenerate just fine. Ghouls are the ones that don't.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Coolguye posted:

Now THERE'S a foul waiting to happen.

Actually he proved impervious to fouls! He died to a +STR MB nurgle chaos warrior. My team retired after that game.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
I'd go up to about 13 players with undead. Pick up a couple of zombies maybe, they are a little slower but more durable than skeletons. Also consider getting wrestle as a first skill on skeletons/zombies as it makes them even more annoying man marking fodder.

Spare players for undead is useful because it also lets you foul more :D

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Tried getting into this with a few different teams; elves seem the most fun but holy jesus getting levels on them is almost impossible when half the time they flub their dodges (this is because of me being an idiot and ignoring dodge modifiers) and the other half they get murdered.

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde
I thought I had mentioned it in this thread but I might have missed it. Me and Ethan has streamed a bunch of games with me playing Khorne Daemons in the Naggaroth league. Here's a playlist with like 16 matches.
Let's play more Bloodbowl - Khorne Daemons

There's also this, but it's only got 2 full games in it for now.
Let's play more Bloodbowl - Underworld Edition

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Khorne Daemons seem to suck as anything more than a gimmick team. I just beat up a 1450 TV team with my 1290 UD team, taking no casualties and killing two of them due to frenzy traps.

They do seem very good at crowdsurfing your dudes though.

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde

BombiTheZombie posted:

Khorne Daemons seem to suck as anything more than a gimmick team. I just beat up a 1450 TV team with my 1290 UD team, taking no casualties and killing two of them due to frenzy traps.

They do seem very good at crowdsurfing your dudes though.

That was my thought going in, but after 16 games I have to admit that I've come around to them. They are like a lovely but fun version of Chaos with an amazing big guy that is really hard to remove from the pitch. I've seen some people play them without the Bloodletters which just seems really weird as a full team with frenzy can be crippling.

They are in no way a beginner team as you have to be really good at pushing and positioning for assists, but if you can handle that they are pretty fun. It helps if you love to surf, just try and keep reroll count low to counter the megabloat on the Bloodthirster.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I kind of want to try khorne because of my frenzy-lust, but I'm not entirely sure I want to give cyanide more money =/.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
I miss this game so much. It scratches an itch I need from time to time. Except I had a baby some months ago and really don't have the hour to two hours to spare to play an online game I can't walk away from. Has the single player on this improved at all? I'm downloading the Chaos edition as we speak, so I'm going to try regardless, but is there a way I can engage this game single player that wasn't around previously? Is there any content on that end worthwhile?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Bo-Pepper posted:

I miss this game so much. It scratches an itch I need from time to time. Except I had a baby some months ago and really don't have the hour to two hours to spare to play an online game I can't walk away from. Has the single player on this improved at all? I'm downloading the Chaos edition as we speak, so I'm going to try regardless, but is there a way I can engage this game single player that wasn't around previously? Is there any content on that end worthwhile?

I like to gently caress around with it. It lets me make all the killer teams that I normally would feel bad about using against other goons and just murder computers instead. CE did implement broad changes to the AI that make it "totally poo poo" instead of "completely worthless" just be sure to play on easy, hard takes so few risks that it's incapable of scoring.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

Washout posted:

I like to gently caress around with it. It lets me make all the killer teams that I normally would feel bad about using against other goons and just murder computers instead. CE did implement broad changes to the AI that make it "totally poo poo" instead of "completely worthless" just be sure to play on easy, hard takes so few risks that it's incapable of scoring.

I can accept that.

Silly question. Since I've never played single player before, is there anything like an end game to the single player? Like some bad rear end team to beat to win a trophy? As threadbare as it is, I'd like something like that.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm pretty sure it's just "As you play bigger tourneys, opponent TV gets bigger" but so does yours so there's nothing resembling an endboss team or a BB Superbowl

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
I play my first game on easy against a Lizard team and they beat me 2-0. Maybe it was me who was garbage all along :cry:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

gently caress Cyanide for doing a server migration over a weekend and gently caress Ubisoft even more for buying the server operator and forcing it in the first place. A goon friend of mine got BB recently and we want to start working on our teams, although I was able to show him the ropes with direct connect LAN games at least.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Bo-Pepper posted:

Silly question. Since I've never played single player before, is there anything like an end game to the single player? Like some bad rear end team to beat to win a trophy? As threadbare as it is, I'd like something like that.

I've played against the AI a bunch because of similar reasons you posted about earlier. No baby, but I can't commit to a hour long game with a constant timer. Try the Chaos Edition's new World Cup mode, I've found that to be more interesting than the campaign. It's a multistage championship kind of thing, where you first have to qualify for a cup tournament, which finally culminates into a best out of 7 final. There's a definite end game, you either get eliminated or win the whole thing. Since you face teams that have 1000+ team value on you, you get to mess around with all the inducements and play with the star players, which you normally don't get to use that much. If you fail to qualify by the first stage elimination cup, you'll be better off restarting though. Otherwise you'll face a loving endless mirror match grind that's probably the worst Blood Bowl experience invented to this date.

The AI is most fun when you just try to score a lot instead of employing any serious business pro strategies. It absolutely cannot deal with a defensive grind play, like a saurus doom wall, or a dorf cage. It will also constantly leave players near the sidelines, so for a fun time, make a Khorne team and frenzy everyone off the pitch.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

StoryTime posted:

I've played against the AI a bunch because of similar reasons you posted about earlier. No baby, but I can't commit to a hour long game with a constant timer. Try the Chaos Edition's new World Cup mode, I've found that to be more interesting than the campaign. It's a multistage championship kind of thing, where you first have to qualify for a cup tournament, which finally culminates into a best out of 7 final. There's a definite end game, you either get eliminated or win the whole thing. Since you face teams that have 1000+ team value on you, you get to mess around with all the inducements and play with the star players, which you normally don't get to use that much. If you fail to qualify by the first stage elimination cup, you'll be better off restarting though. Otherwise you'll face a loving endless mirror match grind that's probably the worst Blood Bowl experience invented to this date.

The AI is most fun when you just try to score a lot instead of employing any serious business pro strategies. It absolutely cannot deal with a defensive grind play, like a saurus doom wall, or a dorf cage. It will also constantly leave players near the sidelines, so for a fun time, make a Khorne team and frenzy everyone off the pitch.

If you want to play bloodbowl without the length of cyanide turns you should try fumbbl. Since the there's no drawn out animations for everything games tend to go a lot (30-45 minutes) faster.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Is there a way to turn off the godawful announcers in this game? You'd think if they were planning to have them talk incessantly, they'd have recorded more than 3 lines per event.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Yeah, just turn the voices volume in the options down to zero.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Muscle Tracer posted:

Is there a way to turn off the godawful announcers in this game? You'd think if they were planning to have them talk incessantly, they'd have recorded more than 3 lines per event.

Let me tell you about the time the entire bright crusader stadium sank into the ground.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
I STILL find them kind of charming. I especially like the one (if youre playing as/vs an ogre team) where Jim insults the ogres and Bob goes "I thought we were friends!:("

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes, tell me more about Big Moot Sandwiches, bob. :suicide:

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Christ even reading them now is painful.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The only good joke commentary in any game I've ever played was Super Monday Night Combat. The commentators in that game are actually really funny. They repeat some lines but not terribly often, and Uber was constantly adding new lines in patches. That may be my favorite part of that game, when I look back on it.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Bo-Pepper posted:

I can accept that.

In the Chaos Edition they did introduce a World Cup mode that is basically a decent sized tournament that ends once you either win the tournament or get eliminated.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

The worst part is the occasional mirror match. That way I get to hear about Frank N. Stein twice as frequently!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

If you ever go look at the sound files for this game, there's so many that I know I've never heard. It's just weird that they have like 1200 commentary files but you only hear the same 20 over and over. A lot of them are situational but I guess the lack of variety just speaks to Cyanide quality

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

It's the only way to end a downward spial.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

It's the only way to end a downward spial.

Your right, its broken now.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

kingcom posted:

Your right, its broken now.

He went down for a chat with the Astro-Granite.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

BombiTheZombie posted:

He went down for a chat with the Astro-Granite.

What we'd like to see MORE OFTEN

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Did you hear about the Evil Gits? The team that is made up of a mix of evil players?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

That's what happens when an amateur gets in the way of a professional!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Bo-Pepper posted:

I play my first game on easy against a Lizard team and they beat me 2-0. Maybe it was me who was garbage all along :cry:

The first few matches in a campaign are actually hard, but that's because the cpu teams START at TV1300.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
Oh hey look what we finally get.

It's a replay streamed to you or whatever. Every time you watch it starts from the beginning but you can fast forward to the most current time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Is that for Legendary Edition too?

• Locked thread