Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Medullah posted:

I was barding before Fading Memories existed. :D

(Never got that high with him then...but still!)

Imagine a world where your bard can do everything he can do now, but with absolutely no fear of consequence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I Love You! posted:

Imagine a world where your bard can do everything he can do now, but with absolutely no fear of consequence

Yeah, I brought him back a few years ago and leveled to 71. Bard is really the best class for nostalgia purposes.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

MrTheDevious posted:

You don't get a 2.0 for the weapon, you get it for the effect :)

Unless you're a necro, then it sucks to be you because you're stuck using that bitch until the servers shut down

Ugh dont remind me. Getting new weapons is one of my favorite parts of the game, now I'm stuck using a 5 year old glowstick.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Shrapnac posted:

Hooray for productive lunch hours, picked up the 32AC aug in Brell's Rest and the 33AC aug in Pellucid Grotto. Got both augs on the first named pop. Only like 6 more sub-30AC augs to get rid of. :emo:

Still need to do both of the Library ones though, so those should be easy enough.

Man back when Beo and I were both camping the 30+ AC augs one after another at the same time I remember the :emo: feeling, but looking back it was one of the more fun times I had in game. That loving Brell's aug took me something like 30 straight hours though. gently caress that aug. Are you gonna camp Warleader? That was the only other semi-grueling camp for me but I could swarm that zone, so it ended up being really good xp.

Library's good XP too, plus you can camp both augs at once as long as your group has decent deeps

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

MrTheDevious posted:

You don't get a 2.0 for the weapon, you get it for the effect :)

My SK 2.0 has never been used as an actual weapon. By the time we could get it, it was really bad stats. I have it in my hotbar though and it is absolutely amazing. I click it and see the health of everyone in the group fill up. I am still a few AA short of being able to really swarm, but I am pretty close to it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Does the option to click from bags not apply if you're a F2P'er? I assume it was added in one of the latest expansions, not one of the first 17?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Medullah posted:

Does the option to click from bags not apply if you're a F2P'er? I assume it was added in one of the latest expansions, not one of the first 17?

You need to buy VoA to do that.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe

MrTheDevious posted:

Man back when Beo and I were both camping the 30+ AC augs one after another at the same time I remember the :emo: feeling, but looking back it was one of the more fun times I had in game. That loving Brell's aug took me something like 30 straight hours though. gently caress that aug. Are you gonna camp Warleader? That was the only other semi-grueling camp for me but I could swarm that zone, so it ended up being really good xp.

Library's good XP too, plus you can camp both augs at once as long as your group has decent deeps

Wanna know where I got my warleader pearl? Loyalty Merchant and Faycetum Adventure merchant. :smug:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

ponzicar posted:

I give up, EQ doesn't want us to play.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

My DPS is me...

I guess if I wanted to go through the effort of transferring my SHM to another account and rolling a DPS merc on it I could but :effort:

cycomatix posted:

Wanna know where I got my warleader pearl? Loyalty Merchant and Faycetum Adventure merchant. :smug:

Yeah, this.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Devor posted:

I give up, EQ doesn't want us to play.

Reminder: All xpaks are unlocked on Test. :v:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

cycomatix posted:

I used all my loyalty on those anchor port things :(

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Just found out that you can play all the original old school music files straight from the EQ directory. They are named *.xmi (gfaydark.xmi for example), and can be played with WinAmp for example, following these instructions:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=204920

The only quirky thing is that it seems the files contain en entire zone's worth of music bites, and I guess the EQ client just knows from which to which timestamp to play when you get to a certain area. For example, gfaydark.xmi starts with the music around the wizard spires, then later plays the Kelethin music, and ends with the Crushbone music.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

revenance posted:

but then i can't attack everyone i see just for being ugly

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
You can extract the individual midi songs from the xmi files. I did this myself years ago, and still have the midis. In fact, I think I used this program to do it: http://wenchy.net/old/ssplayer.html . Although I assume there are better ways to do this.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

ponzicar posted:

Where do I go to buy VoA? I want to snatch that up but I don't see it on the station store ;(

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Actually, now that the new expansion is out, I think you have to buy Reign of Fear. I'm guessing that VoA is included with the purchase.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Hey I played this sometime in March where I dual boxed a rogue and bard. Is the goon population on test or luclin enough to field groups in HoT? I want to play but I don't have the desire to set-up isboxer for my bard anymore

Also, is Literally back?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

revenance posted:

But testcopy is still down :saddowns:

shaggy--
Nov 9, 2000
Hillary Clinton loves a winner!

Devor posted:

But testcopy is still down :saddowns:

When did it go down? I /testcopied about 3 nights ago, logged out of Xegony and onto Test and my character was already there. I don't think I even waited for a confirmation message on live.

Test is cool. I'll probably start a bard box soon just so I can have 2 mercs and a lazy bard playing songs.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

shaggy-- posted:

When did it go down? I /testcopied about 3 nights ago, logged out of Xegony and onto Test and my character was already there. I don't think I even waited for a confirmation message on live.

Test is cool. I'll probably start a bard box soon just so I can have 2 mercs and a lazy bard playing songs.

I think I've only been trying the past two days or so - I get the "Test copy: move error" message 30 secs after I do it. Just checked Test, no characters.

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Devor posted:

I think I've only been trying the past two days or so - I get the "Test copy: move error" message 30 secs after I do it. Just checked Test, no characters.

Testcopy will also not work until the new (tiny) patch hits Live servers, and both Test and Live are on the same version # again. Should be mid week.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
if anyone's bored and 75+ today, we should do our j5 quests. (on luclin-stromm)

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

iNteg posted:

if anyone's bored and 75+ today, we should do our j5 quests. (on luclin-stromm)

Anybody who doesn't have this done should go do it. Be warned it's a huge pain in the rear end though and make sure you have a puller. It might be my single most hated questline in the entire game

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Anybody who doesn't have this done should go do it. Be warned it's a huge pain in the rear end though and make sure you have a puller. It might be my single most hated questline in the entire game

Huge pain in the testes, agreed.

What's the serverwide/test goon channel? I couldn't find it going back a few pages in the thread.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

Making this even worse now, is that people tend to use Korascian Warrens for headshotting and other mass killing thanks to hotzone experience. You're lucky to find the ogres near the Rathe Council uncamped at any time of day.

The337th fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 13, 2013

amishpurple
Jul 21, 2006

I'm not insane, I'm just not user-friendly!
If you're silver is there any way to get money/items to an alt other than trading them to someone to hold?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Well, there's the classic and exciting "drop them on the ground and hope that nobody picks them up while you switch characters" method. Although since making a new account is free, you can always do that and alt tab between characters.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ponzicar posted:

Well, there's the classic and exciting "drop them on the ground and hope that nobody picks them up while you switch characters" method. Although since making a new account is free, you can always do that and alt tab between characters.

I would never want to do that again, but man that WAS exciting and scary back in the day. Especially on dial up. I used to go to the most abandoned zone I could find, get both characters into exactly the same spot (typed /loc just to make sure!) and hope it worked. I think I actually lost stuff once when I logged out and couldn't get back in. :(

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

Huge pain in the testes, agreed.

What's the serverwide/test goon channel? I couldn't find it going back a few pages in the thread.

serverwide.gchat:fygm

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Medullah posted:

I would never want to do that again, but man that WAS exciting and scary back in the day. Especially on dial up. I used to go to the most abandoned zone I could find, get both characters into exactly the same spot (typed /loc just to make sure!) and hope it worked. I think I actually lost stuff once when I logged out and couldn't get back in. :(

Ha, I did this out in some weird rear end-end spot in Butcherblock near the water. No spawns to camp nearby, waited a long time and didn't see anyone. Dropped my stuff (including some coin) logged out and came back to some dude standing where it used to be. Luckily he was nice and I got my godly equipment back (banded armor and maybe a Polished Granite Tomahawk - swanky!)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Devor posted:

Ha, I did this out in some weird rear end-end spot in Butcherblock near the water. No spawns to camp nearby, waited a long time and didn't see anyone. Dropped my stuff (including some coin) logged out and came back to some dude standing where it used to be. Luckily he was nice and I got my godly equipment back (banded armor and maybe a Polished Granite Tomahawk - swanky!)

Man, I remember buying banded and being all excited about.

I used to farm the heck out of small bronze in Unrest too. I played a dwarf cleric originally so that stuff was like gold to me.

Made a fair bit of platinum off of small bronze a million years ago.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

The337th posted:

Making this even worse now, is that people tend to use Korascian Warrens for headshotting and other mass killing thanks to hotzone experience. You're lucky to find the ogres near the Rathe Council uncamped at any time of day.

This is hilarious. We need an :EQ: like we have :darksouls:

amishpurple
Jul 21, 2006

I'm not insane, I'm just not user-friendly!

ponzicar posted:

Although since making a new account is free, you can always do that and alt tab between characters.

Duh why did this not occur to me... Thanks.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Does anyone on Test have an Enchanter? I need to have a platinum bar enchanted so I can finish up my SK 1.0 at some point.

Edit: Ignore this, I just took the massive time sink of 20 minutes to level an enchanter to 32.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 13, 2013

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Shrapnac posted:

Does anyone on Test have an Enchanter? I need to have a platinum bar enchanted so I can finish up my SK 1.0 at some point.

Edit: Ignore this, I just took the massive time sink of 20 minutes to level an enchanter to 32.

I hate you gimme your Fear drop

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

MrTheDevious posted:

I hate you gimme your Fear drop

Lasombr and I were both very lucky on the Soul Leech drop from Fear. I auctioned in general for a Soul Leech MQ and some high-level warrior did it with me and actually refused to accept any money for it, and I think that Lasombr had a similar experience. I honestly thought that I would be stuck on that bit forever, and I feared the same for Lasombr, but I guess that there are a few decent people in the world. The other day I sold a Book of Scale for the Paladin 1.0 for 8k, and now I feel rather bad about that - should have just given it away.

The constant Fear farming is just tiresome, it really is, for something as stupid as an AoN. If you want to be and idiot, be an idiot, but don't let your idiocy get in the way of warriors, SK's, and shaman trying to get their 1.0. I am actually rather keen to try a shaman myself, but I know that I would want to do the Spear of Fate and, even though the shaman 1.0 is one of the easier ones, I have heard horror stories of people being stuck at the Iksar broodling for months an end... because of asshat farmers.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I can't throw many stones at all, honestly. Back when the monk disc was bugged to eat DTs, another guild monk and I had Fear on perma-lockdown for 4 or 5 months since nobody else knew the timer. This is also when AoNs went for 650-700k apiece on Povar. I still have a couple mil in my monk's bank from it :getin:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

MrTheDevious posted:

I can't throw many stones at all, honestly. Back when the monk disc was bugged to eat DTs, another guild monk and I had Fear on perma-lockdown for 4 or 5 months since nobody else knew the timer. This is also when AoNs went for 650-700k apiece on Povar. I still have a couple mil in my monk's bank from it :getin:

A) You're a twat

B) The proper way to atone and assuage your guilt is to give large sums of money to charitable organisations staffed by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

If we hadn't done it, someone else would have :shrug:

Extra rear end in a top hat addition: We got a ton of iksar broodling pops, but we couldn't offer them in gen chat because it would've given away our spawn timer, so they all rotted :3:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 13, 2013