Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Come to think of it, we don't know if there's an off-switch for Trickster Mode. Rose didn't stop being grimdark when she died, she just switched to her dreamself. ...Can tricksters God-Tier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I wish he had made them all a different race so we'd have a politically correct group of hero kids ala Captain Planet.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

YggiDee posted:

Come to think of it, we don't know if there's an off-switch for Trickster Mode. Rose didn't stop being grimdark when she died, she just switched to her dreamself. ...Can tricksters God-Tier?

Yes but then they become trickster gods.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

YggiDee posted:

Rose didn't stop being grimdark when she died, she just switched to her dreamself.
Well, she lost the grey skin and regained the ability to speak English, at least. Still had the black tentacle-y stuff, but her dreamself had that quite some time before her waking self went officially grimdark.

Meanwhile, this is it. The caper of the century.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

They're going to go to Dirk and Jake will tell him "I THINK YOU'RE A CLINGY SHITLORD" and turn him trickster. Since there's nothing anyone is really going to reveal on Roxy she will probably stay hidden and freak the gently caress out and be left to hope that all the people coming into the session can help her with...this. This is my Homestuck Theory Of The Moment.

That, or Fefeta will calm all of them down.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Speaking of Fefeta, I have to assume )(IC as referring to her as the one with important royal duties. Because I can't imagine her planning somefin like this.

Fake Edit: Halfway through typing this I realized this is in fact exactly her style.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Paul.Power posted:

Well, she lost the grey skin and regained the ability to speak English, at least. Still had the black tentacle-y stuff, but her dreamself had that quite some time before her waking self went officially grimdark.
No she was actually just going inverse Jack Noir there.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Paul.Power posted:

Meanwhile, this is it. The caper of the century.

I meant more that the actual grey skin festertongue seemed to be restricted to her original body, but it didn't wear off when she died- she was still grey and grimdark when John gave the revival kiss.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So the Trickster Virus spreads upon contact. This is gonna get worse before it gets better.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

All of the boring exposition prior to this was just for the establishment of what is normal for these four so when they all lose their minds the contrast is stark.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well this is going places :allears:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I suddenly understand jack poo poo.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

YggiDee posted:

That quote of Roxy saying something about dieing being hell of a way to sober up becomes relevant here.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Now we are all sons of bitches.

I'm not sure if we're going to stay with these two monsters or cutaway to somewhere sane and coherent. I'm not sure which I want. I can't bear to watch, but I cannot look away.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

I kind of want it to cut here to show us see what the Beta kids are doing for a while, then when they arrive we get to see the terrifying aftermath.

The problem with all insanity all the time is that there's a good chance the lack of normality will make this stop being funny pretty fast.

But then, I'm not sure I can even fathom how deep this rabbit hole of technicolour insanity goes.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

RuanGacho posted:

All of the boring exposition prior to this was just for the establishment of what is normal for these four so when they all lose their minds the contrast is stark.
You just reminded me how freaking boring that exposition and crying and whatnot really was. I felt so unfulfilled by it. This must be why Trickster mode is so enjoyable to me. The incredible contrast is just so fantastic that I'm excited about every update again and look forward to things instead of simply wondering "welp how is this dumb situation going to get worse?" Good on Hussie for creating the appropriate pre-insanity atmosphere so the insanity itself becomes much more entertaining. Hopefully that wasn't just an accident, though it rarely ever is.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
So trickster mode turbocharges your powers. Jane unleashed a burst of lifey-stuff that turned half of her planet into a lush vibrant forest.

What's gonna happen when jake unleashes a burst of hope? maybe something he really really wanted and believed will come much more true for him since hope powers seem to be all about wishful thinking.

And dirk - he unleashes a burst of heart?

It seems like roxy would be a good one to get this power, because her burst of void would be exactly what calliope wanted. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if everything trickster related up until now wasn't just part of a long game of getting roxy to lick the lollypop, as once she goes trickster nobody will ever find the B2 session again and calliope can hide there in safety. Calliope did draw that picture of roxy with the juju, so it's not like the idea never crossed her mind. Weirdly enough though, roxy appears to be the one person who doesn't look like they will end up going trickster mode because she's hidden and nobody can find her - once she starts getting stalked by three trickster nightmares it will be horrorstuck all over again.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

By the time the meteor arrives everyone except Roxy and HIC will be infected with the Trickster Virus. It will be beautiful and terrible.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Rooreelooo posted:

What's gonna happen when jake unleashes a burst of hope? maybe something he really really wanted and believed will come much more true for him since hope powers seem to be all about wishful thinking.

Jane's going to turn blue.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This really isn't making the Alpha kids any more interesting.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

SteelAngel2000 posted:

This really isn't making the Alpha kids any more interesting.
Though it is making the alpha session more interesting.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

hackbunny posted:

"Caucasian". Ugh. Of course it had to be a stupid fandom injoke/troll. Almost dickwolves level as a sorry attempt at a SJW troll

You heard it here folks, being white is almost as bad as rape. Whelp!

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Caucasian trickster mode canon since '09, since no one pointed it out

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My prediction is that they won't be able to find Roxy, since none of them paid any attention to her messages that she was on Derse. And then she'll be jealous she never got Trickstered.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

My prediction is that they won't be able to find Roxy, since none of them paid any attention to her messages that she was on Derse. And then she'll be jealous she never got Trickstered.

Jake didn't pay attention. Jane wisely disposed of her computer after it tried to gently caress with her head, and Dirk was unable to read the message because his sociopathic AI screened his calls.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Jane's going to turn blue.

They're all going to turn blue, except for Roxy who is invisible. And thus begins a new era of Homestuck.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

J.theYellow posted:

Breaks Hussie's notion that the kids are race-less right in half. Trickster Jane has gone Caucasian.

drat, yo.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Um, you're the best? :confused:

Also: :stare: His eyes are square :catstare: he has square eyes :squarestare:

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

VJeff posted:

So the Trickster Virus spreads upon contact.

CONTACT WITH NUTSACK.

Ariong posted:

Um, you're the best? :confused:

Nah.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
What is this, some kind of absurd comedy webcomic??

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No it's a very serious epic story about teenagers and emotions.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Fister Roboto posted:

No it's a very serious epic story about teenagers and emotions.

Kids and fun.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The emotion of friendship

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Also, Trickster Jake has a pumpkin on his hair.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

J.theYellow posted:

Also, Trickster Jake has a pumpkin on his hair.

What pumpkin? I see no pumpkin. That's obviously not a pumpkin, and will be removed.

There's never a pumpkin in these.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

The emotion of friendship

This human disease called Trickster Mode.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Trying to predict what's going to happen here is like trying to predict a Bugs Bunny cartoon - even if you can, it's less fun to try. This act is behind a purple curtain; the comic itself is in Trickster Mode. It will defy all expectations and conventions until it's done (the only thing we can be certain of is that it is it will end, probably with something extremely dissonant).

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's weird how, now that we're in Trickster mode, the story has almost become like an activity book for kids. Line up Jane with the dotted line, search for clues, etc.

Highlights for Kids and Fun.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I'm suspecting the three tricksters will end up cornering Roxy on the backup Derse questbed, then something loving incredible will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
So he replaced the joke.

I like this one better it's cute.