Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Looks like they're throwing a bone for you guys searching for ~*~phat lewt~*~ in anticipation of the new DLC...

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/985/borderlands-2-gear-up-weekend

Really wish it said which areas had the influx of weapons.:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

more shift codes from twitter:

PS3: 53KBB-SKC53-WWC53-Z353J-CKFRZ
PC/MAC: CTCBJ-CK6KW-SCF33-TJJJT-WB3CB
360: CBWBJ-CSC9W-9HXJX-WFB33-WB9SX

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fibby Boy posted:

Really wish it said which areas had the influx of weapons.:argh:

I'm gonna guess they just increased the overall drop rate of shotguns in every area.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Minorities posted:

Wow I've had maxed Blood Soaked Shields for as long as I can remember but never thought about using a Nova shield with it. Time to equip Hide of Terra tonight and see how that works out.
I usually got with the Black Hole. It's a shame there isn't a shock version of the Heartbreaker or that would pretty much be my perfect set up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Minorities posted:

I'm gonna guess they just increased the overall drop rate of shotguns in every area.

Yeah, that's what "throughout Pandora" means.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Minorities posted:

I just cleared out Arid Boneyard, Sawtooth Cavern, The Highlands, and Caustic Caverns without seeing any difference in drop rating. Dunno, maybe I just have bad luck.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Fibby Boy posted:

I just cleared out Arid Boneyard, Sawtooth Cavern, The Highlands, and Caustic Caverns without seeing any difference in drop rating. Dunno, maybe I just have bad luck.

Could be. Me, I'm seeing shotguns pretty much every other kill. Most of them are vendor trash, but I've gotten a couple of nice ones, including a purple.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Could be. Me, I'm seeing shotguns pretty much every other kill. Most of them are vendor trash, but I've gotten a couple of nice ones, including a purple.

The *best* I saw was a purple tediore shotgun with like 3000x6 damage or so that dropped off ol slappy. If anything I'm seeing more health drops and pistols.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Are there any level 50s out there with the Torgue DLC who'd be willing to help me grind a bit at the Molotov Cocktail in Beatdown tonight? That final bar brawl is sitting there on the bounty board, taunting me.

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.

Father Wendigo posted:

Are there any level 50s out there with the Torgue DLC who'd be willing to help me grind a bit at the Molotov Cocktail in Beatdown tonight? That final bar brawl is sitting there on the bounty board, taunting me.

Xbox or ps3? I'm on Xbox and have a siren and mechro at 50. Gamer tag is jhonthedarkside.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

jebrown84 posted:

Xbox or ps3? I'm on Xbox and have a siren and mechro at 50. Gamer tag is jhonthedarkside.

360, invite sent. What kind of Mechro/Siren are you running?

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
Is there anyone willing to help me beat the two raid bosses on the scarlet dlc and beat the pyro Pete and third bar room mission in torque's dlc? On vacation until the 21st and willing to play almost any time. Have the game for the 360 and my gamertag is Ye Bobbum Man

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.

Father Wendigo posted:

360, invite sent. What kind of Mechro/Siren are you running?

Anarchy mechro and cataclysm siren

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Seeing an orange spike and then realizing while you're running toward it that it's just a stack of money lying in front of a health vial is the worst feeling ever.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I am Reverend posted:

Seeing an orange spike and then realizing while you're running toward it that it's just a stack of money lying in front of a health vial is the worst feeling ever.
This is about 90% of my Pyro Pete farming experience.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
According to gearbox.com, the weapon type in abundance today are grenade mods.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/985/borderlands-2-gear-up-weekend

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Probably a long shot, but does anyone on 360 have any decent mid-teens shock weapons or shotguns they'd wanna dupe me?
GT: Flexible Ethics

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Whichever goon goes by the PSN nick Quifty, sorry for kicking you from my game. Just wanted to play alone to clear off outstanding missions, would have said as much if I had a mic. No hard feelings meant!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Got all achievements! :woop:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Spent a good long while farming the bunker for any rare character heads and The Sham. Ended up getting a Bitch. I guess it's just as good. :negative:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

KidKrampus posted:

I got a friend who vomited just about every single legendary and rare head into my account, twice. If anyone needs heads, my XBL tag is the same as my SA handle. I usually play mostly on the weekends, and often do Mass Effect 3 multiplayer but I'm willing to come drop some awesome on people. If anyone has a level 50 Neogenator, The Sham, Deliverance, or Seraph sheilds/grenade mods I would be very grateful, but I am glad to just spread heads around.

Is it cool if I add you? Wouldn't mind those heads, I'm Pictorial Gnome.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

thebardyspoon posted:

Is it cool if I add you? Wouldn't mind those heads, I'm Pictorial Gnome.

No problem. If you need legendaries or other stuff I would be more than happy to hook you up.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
After leveling my mecromancer to 50 I now think it's time to play some of the dlc (just bought the season pass).
Im "burnt-pork" on the ps3.

zapper class 4 lyfe.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

burntpork posted:

After leveling my mecromancer to 50 I now think it's time to play some of the dlc (just bought the season pass).
Im "burnt-pork" on the ps3.

zapper class 4 lyfe.

Thanks for all the heads, Krampus!

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
Looks like they are upping some spawns and thus upping the chance for some legendary weapons.

Gearbox's Website Place posted:

The final day of festivities is upon us, as Pandora grows more dangerous (but also more rewarding) for those adventuring online alongside two or more players in True Vault Hunter Mode* -- should the varkids infesting Tundra Express, Caustic Caverns or Natural Selection Annex survive long enough to enter the pod state multiple times, they stand a far greater chance of morphing into the fearsome Vermivorous the Invincible. However, those that emerge victorious in their struggles against Vermivorous the Invincible also face greater rewards as the legendary Norfleet weapon is far more likely to appear upon his defeat.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

hippieman posted:

Looks like they are upping some spawns and thus upping the chance for some legendary weapons.

Oh, good. The one raid boss I've yet to encounter. I know what I'm doing tonight then!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://twitch.tv/2k

Live streaming the Hammerlock DLC. Fair warning, the chat stream is full of children begging for free codes and whoever's playing is rolling gunzerker, not using action skills at all, and is dying repeatedly.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
GearboxSoftware: Let's celebrate those #DICEAward nominations with some SHiFT codes for Golden Keys in Borderlands 2!

PC / Mac : C3W3B-6B95C-SWFJJ-B3BJJ-5C6XJ [Active through January 20]

Xbox 360 : CB53J-FZFSC-9Z6JF-WRBTB-B5S5S [Active through January 20]

PlayStation 3 : 5TCJB-35RWB-WCWCJ-93C3J-3SSHR [Active through January 20]

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Is anyone else getting an error about being unable to download the compatability pack? I've had it already since starting the game weeks ago and got on fine yesterday...

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Thank you to the goon who helped me complete the story quests for the pirate DLC. Now I get to do the sidequests all alone. :unsmigghh:

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Relin posted:

Is anyone else getting an error about being unable to download the compatability pack? I've had it already since starting the game weeks ago and got on fine yesterday...

Yeah im having the same problem on 360.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Theres a thread on the Gearbox forums. http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=226349. Still reading through it, no clue as to when a fix will be out.

edited due to link to OLD thread, not current issue thread

Rabidredneck fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 15, 2013

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

burntpork posted:

Thank you to the goon who helped me complete the story quests for the pirate DLC. Now I get to do the sidequests all alone. :unsmigghh:

check your requests! Together we can mance mechros. or something.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Welp, so much for Vermi. The patch fuckery strikes again. loving hell.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Anyone on ps3 want to group for hyperious? PSN allhaildre

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Next week there's going to be a DLC pack of heads and skins. No word on price yet but I hope it's only a couple bucks (it'll probably be $5 like the special edition and creature slaughter dome though.)

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

I really thought the Hawk Eye was going to be something special. Critical hits don't do much better than my regular Jakobs sniper, and the base damage is half of what that does. I'll keep toying with it throughout this campaign to see if there's some secret that makes it better.

That heads/skins pack looks amazing, however. Give me that Chaos Reigns skin.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Mokinokaro posted:

Next week there's going to be a DLC pack of heads and skins. No word on price yet but I hope it's only a couple bucks (it'll probably be $5 like the special edition and creature slaughter dome though.)

Yeah, I think I'll pass on that until I can see that it's not bugged like the compat patch is.

Well, that and the fact that I'm not a hardcore head/skin collector anyway and maybe two of the entire set look appealing to me anyway. Two skins just isn't worth the cost.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jan 15, 2013

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hammerlock's hunt is apparently available. I did like the last two but I hope this one shakes thing up a little more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
It's been a while since I played the game....what the hell happened to the Bee shield? Going by the stats on the Level 50 one, it doesn't look like anything changed with Amp Damage or Drain. I used to be able to solo Terramorphus pretty easily, but now I'm lucky to get him down to half health.

I've also noticed that some Raid Bosses are leveled to campaign now. So if Pete the Invincible is fought on Normal Mode, he's only Level 32. Fighting Terramorphus on Normal still had him at Level 52.

This wasn't always the case, was it? I could have sworn that all the Raid Bosses were Level 50+, regardless of Normal Mode or TVHM.

• Locked thread