Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Draft Spreadsheet for the new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

cbx posted:

So, any thoughts about whom I've offered or any specific player requests?
I dunno, I think at this point I might take my chances with the Gauntlet than with some players that don't seem to have high upsides, like I'm treading some water to get a one-round bye then get relegated because I've not moved up relative to the quality of my entire roster. What I really need is a replacement for Kevin Brown, but I don't think that's gonna happen with what I have on the table.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Is there/will there be a spreadsheet with the players for the expansion cup on it, specifically stat ratings? Was curious to see ratings of players.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Pander posted:

Is there/will there be a spreadsheet with the players for the expansion cup on it, specifically stat ratings? Was curious to see ratings of players.

You'll get the overall ratings in the updates, beyond that, it goes back to there just being a limit to how many stat screens I can show without making each update 500 images long and take five hours to put together.

Smasher League Injury Report Week 15

The elite trade around their titles!

Cuba Smokers
Jay Howell (RP) (Counter-Revolutionary) - 30 days

Oxbridge Mathematicians
Ivan Rodriguez (C) (Knees do not bend that way!) - 37 days

South Bolton Eazy W's
Terry Puhl (OF) (Just wanted some attention!) - 18 days

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Posey is still terrible, alas, so let's have Sweeney in for Rodriguez. I seem to recall his defense last season was pisspoor, but hey, so's Rodriguez's.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
f5ing this thread all day so I can see if I went 3-4 or not (probably yes)

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Cultists, disgusted with the quality of relief pitching in the draft obtain their second piece of superleague iconography: The Chosen Dunn.

So, is Dunn better against RHP than Billy Williams?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

dubsteppin posted:

pitching is always welcome

Okay, how about this:

Offer 1:

• Either 2004 Pedro Martinez
  • Your pick of Hall of Famer Billy Williams (1984 1964), Bob Johnson (1935), or The Chosen Adam Dunn (2006)
  • Your pick of any of my relief pitchers that arn't Soria

Offer 2:

• Curt Schilling (2000)
  • Your pick of one of Frank Tanana (1983) or Ray Collins (1911)
  • Your pick of one of Hall of Famer Billy Williams (1984), Bob Johnson (1935), or The Chosen Adam Dunn (2006)
  • Your pick of any of my relief pitchers that arn't Soria

or Offer 3:

Curt Schilling (2000)
Hall of Fame Shortstop Robin Yount (1982)
The Chosen Adam Dunn (2006)
Your pick of any of my relief pitchers that arn't Soria

For Ancient Stan Musial (to see his trade value see how many times I have tried to sell mine, but I quite like the guy, and think that two is better), and six players from your feeders of my choice. If you want a shortstop I can probably do something involving Robin Yount instead if you want.

e: vvvvv Sorry, my Santo is 1984 and Williams is 64, I keep getting them confused due to their cubness.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 15, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Hall of Famer Billy Williams (1984)
That 46 year old retiree still has some pop!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

That 46 year old retiree still has some pop!
I agree, the popping from all his joints simultaneously dislocating will be an asset to any team.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

and 6 players from your feeders of my choice.

HAHAHAHahahahahaha

Annnnyway:

Teams Selected:
1976 Baltimore Orioles
1997 Los Angeles Dodgers
1903 St. Louis Cardinals
2004 Seattle Mariners
2012 Colorado Rockies

Home City: Punta Arenas, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile

Home Stadium: Magellan's Deadlock
(Open stadium, fair visibility, natural grass, 328/363/400/390/365)

DH Preference: Nah

Position Players:

C Mike Piazza (1997 Dodgers)
C Ramón Hernández (2012 Rockies)
1B John Olerud (2004 Mariners)
1B Eric Karros (1997 Dodgers)
2B Bobby Grich (1976 Orioles)
SS Troy Tulowitski (2012 Rockies)
SS Mark Belanger (1976 Orioles)
3B Doug DeCinces (1976 Orioles
3B Brooks Robinson (1976 Orioles)
LF Ken Singleton (1976 Orioles)
CF Ichiro Suzuki (2004 Mariners)
RF Reggie Jackson (1976 Orioles)
RF Raúl Mondesí (1997 Dodgers)
OF Carlos González (2012 Rockies)

Position Minors:

CI Paul Konerko (1997 Dodgers)
UT Michael Cuddyer (2012 Rockies)

Lineups:

CF Ichiro Suzuki
2B Bobby Grich
RF Reggie Jackson/Raúl Mondesí
C Mike Piazza
SS Troy Tulowitski
LF Ken Singleton
1B John Olerud/Eric Karros
3B Doug DeCinces

I guess use the other half of my RF platoon as DH. Yuck.

Pitching Staff:

SP Ken Holtzman (1976 Orioles)
SP Hideo Nomo (1997 Dodgers) [caught by Ramón Hernández]
SP Dennis Martínez (1976 Orioles)
SP Chan Ho Park (1997 Dodgers)
SP Freddy Garcia (2004 Mariners)

CL Tippy Martínez (1976 Orioles)
SU Eddie Guardado (2004 Mariners)
SR Rex Brothers (2012 Rockies)
SR Antonio Osuna (1997 Dodgers)
MR JJ Putz (2004 Mariners)
LR Jamie Moyer (2004 Mariners)

Pitching Minors:

SP Jhoulys Chacin (2012 Rockies)
SP Ismael Valdéz (1997 Dodgers)
RP Denny Rainwater (2012 Postmodernists)

Totally Irrelevant List of Pitchers:

Jim Palmer (1976 Orioles)
Mordecai Brown (1903 Cardinals)
Rafael Betancourt (2012 Rockies)
Rafael Soriano (2004 Mariners)

Strategy:

Hit and Run: +1
Sacrifice Bunt: -2
Squeeze Play: -3
Trying for extra bases: +1
Stealing Bases: +1
Aggressively Tagging Up: +1
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): -2
Giving Intentional Walks: -4
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -3
Bringing the Infield In: -1
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: -1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: -1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: -1
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +3
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -1
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: +2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +2

Pete Ladd fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 15, 2013

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Tip for new players: if someone is trying to trade for feeder players without naming them, they are probably trying to keep from alerting you/the thread that you left someone good off your roster.

Bograt
Nov 4, 2009

MagNIFicent

Mornacale posted:

Tip for new players: if someone is trying to trade for feeder players without naming them, they are probably trying to keep from alerting you/the thread that you left someone good off your roster.

As a new player, thank you ever so much for your advice, Mornacale. Here I was, assuming that, out of the goodness of their hearts, veteran players would just look to hand me halfway decent players in return for taking chaff and crap from my feeder teams. I never in a million years would have imagined they were looking to trade for good players.

Man, without you stepping in to let us know, I'm sure we never would have figured out that veteran team owners are looking to make their teams better. While we're at it, anyone else wanna treat the new players like we're all idiots?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
In all honesty, Marauder has taken stabs at feeder players that have not turned out that well, so the trades do have a chance to benefit the new owners. But that is the exception to a pretty steadfast rule.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I can't really think of any off the top, but yeah, established teams can absorb more risk in the form of very young/very old/short career players.

That said, I'm sure that the Beard Leaguers are aware of the presence of Greinke, Larry Jackson, Bob Gibson, etc, but there's an argument to be made for holding tryouts for your prospective fourth/fifth/sixth starters in the Expansion Cup. You're already relying on your Ace(s) to be good.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

The Merry Marauder posted:

I can't really think of any off the top, but yeah, established teams can absorb more risk in the form of very young/very old/short career players.

That said, I'm sure that the Beard Leaguers are aware of the presence of Greinke, Larry Jackson, Bob Gibson, etc, but there's an argument to be made for holding tryouts for your prospective fourth/fifth/sixth starters in the Expansion Cup. You're already relying on your Ace(s) to be good.

Yeah, there are a couple of risky moves, but as my season caught fire I can suffer with minimal risk.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League VIII, Dynamo League Week 15: Running Out of Time

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

DISINTERESTED ORANGES DROP INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE TO IMPERIALISTS

Mandalay- This was not exactly a game to remember.

With Joe Wood a scratch due to lingering soreness, the Imperialists were forced to start Dennis Leonard, a man best known for his prodigious ability to eat innings, and their chances of pulling out this sweep, and thus winning their third Intercontinental Title seemed remote.

But, fortunately for them, oldskool doesn't really give a poo poo any more, as he told reporters before the game, "Listen, bro, I used to be all about the baseball, but now I'm all about getting drunk with my bros and getting some action. Oh, man, that reminds, I was out last night and there was the girl with this really hot rear end, and-" The reporters, not like where this was heading, asked him what he thought about the season so far, "Man, it's totally lame now. The only reason that I'm still here is to get all of those players that were on the Simpsons on the same team, because that would be totally awesome, unlike this crappy league that I don't care about at all."

This lack of focus certainly seemed to affect the Oranges throughout the game, as their batters made little-to-no effort to actually score any runs, ending up with only three hits on the day. Not that the Imperialists, who managed only one run on the day, which owner Viscount Slim blamed on an outbreak of "Dengue fever".

Still, a win is a win, and the Imperialists did manage to take home their third Intercontinental Title. Viscount Slim, acknowledging the forgettable nature of his team's first two reigns vowed that this time would be different, "It is true that, during our first two Intercontinental Champions, we did not make a single successful defense of that title. In both cases, we were swept immediately after winning the Intercontinental belt, but this time will be different! Of that I have no doubt. Because, in our earlier struggles, we have learned that greatness, like all else in life, is governed by that great chain of being that extends from the base to the noble, and, once set God in its place in the order of things, a man, beast, or object can neither ascend nor descend that great scale. Gold shall never become lead. A rabbit shall never prey on a lion. And we will always show greatness. It is time that the rest of the league paid homage to our inherent greatness. Glory forever to the Burma Imperialists!"

GAME NOTES

-Frank Viola was just happy to be here.

-Alan Trammell's injury force Ozzie Smith to make the start at SS, and oldskool was reportedly upset that Smith did not fall into any sort of mystery spot.

Box Score

Don May posted:

IMPERIALISTS gently caress IT UP AGAIN, LOSE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE

Mandalay- Why is it that the Imperialists are so bad at holding on to the Intercontinental Title?

Just three games after winning the championship from the Oranges, the Imperialists lost the title to the Web 2.0 Bloggers after a Robin Yount error proved fatal.

With the game tied 2-2 in the top of the eighth, Yount threw wide on a routine grounder, allowing the runner to reach base, and setting a chain of events in motion that would lead to the Bloggers taking a lead they would not relinquish. As the Bloggers had also won the first two games of the series, this meant that they were also entitled to the Intercontinental Championship, which led to a memorable scene at the title changeover ceremony after the game.

First, Commissar Dynamo was in attendance, which was odd, and then, as Viscount Slim, glowering even more than usual after losing the Intercontinental Title so quickly yet again, tried to hand the belt over to an expectant Mornacale, Dynamo intercepted him, taking the title. Mornacale, confused, demanded an explanation, which Dynamo, an angry smirk on his face, reluctantly gave, "As you all know," he began, his words laced with more venom than usual, "The Intercontinental Title was first introduced in Super-League III...I remember back when it first came into the league...The Goog was the first guy who had it. I miss The Goog." He then turned to look at Mornacale, doing little to disguise his contempt, "Anyway, after over five seasons of service, I feel like I need to do a little...work on the title, and that's going to take some time so...until I get a chance to clean it up a bit, I'm taking the title out of circulation. But, since I am such a benevolent man, I will name Mornacale as the 'Interim' Champion until I get this whole mess sorted out. That should be more than fair."

This did not please the Bloggers owner, "No! Unfair! Mornacale has spent hours on lineups! Tweaking! Planning! He earned this title! Give to him! Let not the failure of your Pac-"

At this, Commissar Dynamo flew into a rage, "NO! The Intercontinental Title needs repairs! You get nothing! Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Viscount Slim then tried to sneak a word in, "I don't suppose I could get the Title returned to my team, then?" He was ignored.

Mornacale then stormed out, muttering that he would drown the Super-League in endless lineup changes until the Intercontinental Title was delivered to him.

GAME NOTES

-Old Hoss Radbourn won again, his ninth victory of the season. He credited his success to "A ration of brandy every evening, the use of that marvelous drug made from the coca leaf, and not being an Irishman."

-Robin Yount is not a man to be trusted.

Box Score

Hardcore Title Defenses: Almost Exciting!

: Okay, let's get this done.
: Sure. The Tornados are facing the Coburns.
: Yes...I seem to recall UltimoDragonQuest making some negative comments about the Packers recently. Oh, great James Coburn! Smite this man and his team!
: Eight runs in the last two innings and the Coburns win!

: Again, Coburn! Strike down the Tornados!
: Coburns score 14 runs, and win again. One more win and they get the Hardcore Title!

: Destroy them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: And Coburns win 11-1, and they'll take the Hardcore title thanks to three crushing victories in a row! That's what good balance can do for a team.

: And the Coburns will complete the sweep, teaching everyone an important lesson in vengeance.
: Wait, if you were rigging the results, why would you let the Bloggers win the Intercontinental Title.
: I wish I was rigging the results.

: Coburns at Bangers, now, and they'll be fighting for the Hardcore and the U.S. and European Titles.
: This game will go to extra innings, and Fingers blows the game, the Coburns win!
: Rollie Fingers, the only reason the Bangers haven't won five straight titles.

: Fingers loses another extra-innings game, and now the Coburns can take the U.S. and European Titles with one more win.
: It would be quite the achievement if they can pull it off..

: The game goes to extra innings...and the Bangers are able to save their titles with two runs in the tenth! No titles will change hands!
: And leave it to Marauder to ruin another underdog story. He's kind of like Goliath, if Goliath caught the stone David throw at him, and then used it choke David to death, while laughing the entire time.

: And that's it for tonight. Next week, the Coburns face someone else...the Generics? Really? In a four-game series. gently caress, well, good loving luck, kw0134.

Team Statistics

Analysis

You can give some of your players off, or they can get injured and take time off that way.

Analysis

The Unspecifieds look to be over whatever ailed them last month. Granted, three out of four series against cellar-dwellers can make any team look great.

Hornsby is better this year, though. Not great, but better.

Analysis

I'm just going to shake my head at your team for a while.

Analysis

Your lineup is bizarre. Speed in the corners, power up the middle. Not exactly the way it usually works.

Tough loss at the Coburns, but they're a solid team, so it's no shame to losing to them in New Mexico.

Analysis

Back in first place...barely. Your center field situation probably should get looked at eventually.

Analysis

Champions!

Analysis

Musial in center isn't a disaster, but it certainly hurts a team based on defense.

Analysis

What goes up, must go down.

Analysis

Raines and Jackson are okay...the rest of the lineup has some problems.

Analysis

The Dream Smashers!

Analysis

.500 forever!

Analysis

Bulldogs, you may be cheaters, but as long as you can keep the Bloggers down, you're okay in my book.

I just wish your offense wasn't so terrible.

Analysis

It kind of hurts to look at your team sometimes. Oh, apparently Garciaparra got injured too, because the misery just doesn't stop in Rochester.

Analysis

With your injuries healed, the Losers had no choice but to go on a rampage!

Analysis

It's still not time to give up.

Analysis

drat it all to hell!

Standings and Leaders

Playoff/Gauntlet Picture

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

cbx posted:

In all honesty, Marauder has taken stabs at feeder players that have not turned out that well, so the trades do have a chance to benefit the new owners. But that is the exception to a pretty steadfast rule.

I'm not saying that taking a stab at feeder guys is inherently exploitative (hell, I think it's fun as hell and any EC owner who wants to trade their feeder players to me should say so), I'm saying that nothing is keeping Cthulhu from naming the five(!) extra players he wants, and I don't think a first-time owner ought to be making their first trade without every card on the table.

In this case, for instance, there's Bob Gibson, Zach Greinke, prime Tim Raines, Randy Johnson, Bruce Sutter, Tanyon Sturtze, etc. A bunch of dudes that the thread would probably cry foul on if they were named, but if it's just "5 players" then it can sneak through.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Bograt posted:

As a new player, thank you ever so much for your advice, Mornacale. Here I was, assuming that, out of the goodness of their hearts, veteran players would just look to hand me halfway decent players in return for taking chaff and crap from my feeder teams. I never in a million years would have imagined they were looking to trade for good players.

Man, without you stepping in to let us know, I'm sure we never would have figured out that veteran team owners are looking to make their teams better. While we're at it, anyone else wanna treat the new players like we're all idiots?

Lol, shut up dude, Marauder would fleece you in a second.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

To be fair, I've sold Randy and Greinke before for sucking, and Tim Raines' coke addiction is starting to show, but yeah there are some good players left in those feeders. Tanyon Sturtze isn't actually good though. There possible outcomes

A) I get some good players

B) He gets some good players

C) Dubsteppin's intentional tanking is revealed, which disrupts the integrity of the draft.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 15, 2013

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Those days are past me now!

Smashing work, Rollie.

By the by, gardenald is on the draft clock of doom.

e: You dare to disrespect the pride of Woosta, Mass, the Grand Tanyon himself?

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 15, 2013

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I nearly forgot about Jim Kaat. No wonder I'm going to get relegated for a fourth time!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I don't not care, I just can't figure out why nobody but Ichiro on my offense can hit anything but dingers. I have an inkling though...

Perhaps it is once again time to put Ser Barrold on the trading block.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Oh hey, it finally got back around to me.

Is there even anyone left WORTH drafting?

Christ. I guess I'll take 11 Roy Oswalt. He can't be much worse than Wilbur Cooper, whose rotation spot he will take. Send Bob Stanley to AAA, Howie Camnitz goes to short relief, Cooper to middle relief. Also, swap in Del Rice and Solly Hemus into the 8 and 9 spots versus LHP to rest Schoendienst and Fisk a little.

e: Like so

gardenald fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 15, 2013

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Put Fregosi in for Hornsby while he's injured.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

The Merry Marauder posted:

Those days are past me now!

Smashing work, Rollie.

By the by, gardenald is on the draft clock of doom.

e: You dare to disrespect the pride of Woosta, Mass, the Grand Tanyon himself?

Woosta is a loving great name for a town.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Bring 1989 Jose Uribe in to replace 1957 Luis Aparicio, and switch 1957 Nellie Fox, 1934 Bill Terry, 1957 Larry Doby, and 1934 Hal Schumacher with 1989 Robby Thompson, 1989 Will Clark, 1934 George Watkins, and 1918 Bob Shawkey respectively.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

If the worse thing happening at the moment is Frank Robinson reverting back to his SLV form, I can live with that.

Looks like my new draftee got a decent roll. Send Bentancourt to the minors and replace him with Bedrosian.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Once again, the Bloggers show that devotion to statistics and obsessive optimization can take a team to the heights of SuperLeague glory!

Once again, Commissar SmasherDynamo commits an unspeakable injustice against us, cementing his clear bias toward the SuperLeague establishment.

But that is okay. We remain humble, as befits bloggers like ourselves. Indeed, now that we have achieved the lofty heights of Intercontinental Champions, we are feeling more than anything magnanimous. So we have decided to help make Smasher's life a little bit easier.

Smasher, rest your weary bones. Don't worry about cleaning up the Intercontinental belt. We're more than happy to put a fresh new face on it. Just sit back and relax a little.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Let's do this.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Mornacale posted:

Once again, the Bloggers show that devotion to statistics and obsessive optimization can take a team to the heights of SuperLeague glory!

Once again, Commissar SmasherDynamo commits an unspeakable injustice against us, cementing his clear bias toward the SuperLeague establishment.

But that is okay. We remain humble, as befits bloggers like ourselves. Indeed, now that we have achieved the lofty heights of Intercontinental Champions, we are feeling more than anything magnanimous. So we have decided to help make Smasher's life a little bit easier.

Smasher, rest your weary bones. Don't worry about cleaning up the Intercontinental belt. We're more than happy to put a fresh new face on it. Just sit back and relax a little.

Interim Intercontinental Champions.

Marauder, if you rest any of you stars next week, I will bury you too.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

vs. Lefties no DH
LF Kelley
RF Steve
SS Banks
CF Snider
C Campanella
1B Hodges
2B Robinson
3B Cronin

CL Labine
SU Montgomery
SR Gordon
SR Hiller

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Just when I think I might have the answers to my offensive problems at third base, Rollins decides to completely poo poo the bed. Least I can put Alan Trammell back in which will allow me to have my best lineup, as awful as that might be, on the field for the first time in a month.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

TKBomber7285 posted:

Just when I think I might have the answers to my offensive problems at third base, Rollins decides to completely poo poo the bed. Least I can put Alan Trammell back in which will allow me to have my best lineup, as awful as that might be, on the field for the first time in a month.

Is there a reason that Frank Howard is starting over Frank Robinson.

Also, how do you have this many Franks on your roster?

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Is there a reason that Frank Howard is starting over Frank Robinson.

Also, how do you have this many Franks on your roster?

1.) Because I somehow though that Howard had much better power numbers compared to Robinson then he actually does. I'll change them immediately.

2.) Not sure really, though having Frank Thomas after the draft has helped me somewhat in the offensive department.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Images are uploading for the first update as we speak, but while we wait, have the first...

Expansion Cup Injury Report

Atlantis Aquamen
SP Phil Niekro (Broken finger) - 9 days

Brooklyn BABiPs
SP Mike Hedlund (Fractured foot) - 14 days

Canton Catastrophes
SP Dennis Martinez (Shoulder bursitis) - 3 days
RP Julian Tavarez (Broken knuckle) - 5 days

Detroit Cougars
SP Rube Marquard (Rube Goldberg machine gone horribly wrong) - 8 days

Harvard Elites
SP Bob Walk (Took a long walk off a short pier... into an empty pool) - Out for Season

Jacksonville Jobbers
LF Tony Oliva (A little too excited about Zack Ryder becoming a Seven-Figure Broski) - 203 days
1B Carlos Delgado (not that you care) - 17 days

Million Dollar Men
SP Bob Shawkey (Got shocked) - 20 days

Nowhere Men in Gauze or what the gently caress ever
RP Dennis Lamp (He's finally booked... on assault charges) - 22 days

Omaha Forgettables
SS Alex Rodriguez (Broken forearm) - 33 days

Patagonian Postmodernists
SP Chan Ho Park (Inflamed elbow ligament) - 48 days
RP Eddie Guardardo (The rain will fall on Patagonia...) - 231 days

RVA Beard Leaguers
C Ozzie Virgil (Bought out by the Million Dollar Man) - 170 days

Also, Shaun Marcum will miss his next start -- he's got an injury for 2 more days and he's due up game after next.

Walney Rakers
SP Don Sutton (Sprained Ankle) - 16 days

Grinnblade fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 15, 2013

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

What is there to do but issue the cyanide pills? Kent to SS and prayers to the families of all those afflicted by this tragedy.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

kw0134 posted:

What is there to do but issue the cyanide pills? Kent to SS and prayers to the families of all those afflicted by this tragedy.

What year is your Nomar?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Stupid idea.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

New lineup:

#1 - Brett Butler CF
#2 - Wade Boggs 3B
#3 - Rogers Hornsby 2B
#4 - Stan Musial LF