Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Does anyone recognize the lame sound effects from the snacks banner from anywhere? Because that 'meow' is adorable and I want it as my text signal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Does anyone recognize the lame sound effects from the snacks banner from anywhere? Because that 'meow' is adorable and I want it as my text signal.

I think that meow is from Mario Paint.

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

Indie Rocktopus posted:

the suggestion of trickster mode "sexual relations" might be the single most upsetting.

Don't worry, if Hussie even puts that in the comic it'll be as nonsensical as this.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

Flops posted:

Don't worry, if Hussie even puts that in the comic it'll be as nonsensical as this.

So far, Trickster Mode seems a lot like being on ecstasy.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Tender Child Loins posted:

So far, Trickster Mode seems a lot like being on ecstasy.
I was resisting the urge to mention this but, yes, this is an MDMA high (extreme happiness, excitement, and the need to dance) combined with either LSD or Shrooms (for visuals) seems about right.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

DaveKap posted:

I was resisting the urge to mention this but, yes, this is an MDMA high (extreme happiness, excitement, and the need to dance) combined with either LSD or Shrooms (for visuals) seems about right.

So which sucker was the MDMA, and which was the LSD?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ablative posted:

Green was MDMA, red was LSD. Green MDMA, from what I've heard, is like an equivalent to Breaking Bad's blue meth. This is all purely second hand knowledge.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 15, 2013

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

DaveKap posted:

Candyflipping :iamafag:

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Ablative posted:

Getting whacked in the face was e, Jack getting kicked in the nuts right off a cliff was acid.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Holy poo poo. Roxy, stay hidden. Please. :ohdear:

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Oh Jake, you really ARE thoughtful! See MSPA thread, he's not such a bad guy after all. Can't hate him anymore, can you? :v:

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Well, this... Um.
Okay I really don't know what to say to this. Hussie has stumped me.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

KaosMachina posted:

Well, this... Um.
Okay I really don't know what to say to this. Hussie has stumped me.

Roxy's sentiment is the best I could come up with.

Oh dear god.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Jake's going to eat those babies.

EDIT: And there is already fanart. drat.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 15, 2013

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
How do they know Roxy's on Derse? Presumably they didn't stop to read their messages before blasting off to ADVENTURE~ unless I missed a conversation somewhere?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Rose Spirit posted:

How do they know Roxy's on Derse? Presumably they didn't stop to read their messages before blasting off to ADVENTURE~ unless I missed a conversation somewhere?

It's probably some kind of Trickster-induced clairvoyance, in which case she's not safe even with the ring.

Or, you know, they could have just guessed. remarkably well.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Either they quickly read them off screen, or they can smell her. Like hounds.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Oh my dear loving Christ in heaven Roxy run

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Abscond like you've never absconded before, Roxy.

At this point the only hope is for Dad to show up ground the Trickster-kids so very hard. Or maybe finding out that Dad is still alive will somehow cause Jane to snap out of it?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
You know, everyone marrying everyone would actually solve quite a few of the kids' problems.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The entirety of paradox space could turn Trickster and Dad would remain a nucleus of sober sensibility at its very core.

It occurs to me that, if Trickster mode is basically like the Super Star powerup like Hussie said, it lets you mach-speed your way through the game. Except that since Sburb is also a game about personal development, it's also turned the affected kids into demented, manic self-improvement machines.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Thundarr posted:

At this point the only hope is for Dad to show up ground the Trickster-kids so very hard. Or maybe finding out that Dad is still alive will somehow cause Jane to snap out of it?

Come to think of it, I suppose a big enough culture shock in the form of someone or something they like a lot telling them how loving weird and horrifying they're being might be the key to bringing them back from crazy town. I suppose Jane could be swayed by Dad, what about Jake? Jade, maybe?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Thundarr posted:

Pretty sure they're just going to go "what" and snap back to normal from dissonance after finding out that they're brother and sister.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Oxxidation posted:

The entirety of paradox space could turn Trickster and Dad would remain a nucleus of sober sensibility at its very core.

Jokers are like some sort of anti-Trickster?

I like it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Trickster mode Dad is something I hadn't even dared to imagine until I read this.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
This is terrifying,and it doesn't help that I keep flashing back to a certain Garth Ennis story.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Regy Rusty posted:

Trickster mode Dad is something I hadn't even dared to imagine until I read this.

No such thing. He doesn't have time for such tomfoolery.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Trickster mode just keeps getting more terrifying.

change my name posted:

Pretty sure they're just going to go "what" and snap back to normal from dissonance after finding out that they're brother and sister.

Aren't they not though? They're both paradox clones of themselves, while it's the Beta Kids that are pairs of genetic siblings.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

change my name posted:

Jane and Jake aren't siblings.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welp, Roxy's not around. Maybe Dirk will want to have Jake's babies? :3:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, they're "descended" from the Beta kids in some manner, allegedly, who are related, so still. Unless I'm mistaken I guess, I forgot how much things mirrored each other here.

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

Well, they're "descended" from the Beta kids in some manner, allegedly, who are related, so still. Unless I'm mistaken I guess, I forgot how much things mirrored each other here.

Yeah I had to check the charts again. The alpha kids aren't necessarily related to each other.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, uh... I just spent a few minutes trying to piece together the genealogy of this little group, and... well... let's just say "troll reproduction was relatively simple".

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You know, everyone marrying everyone would actually solve quite a few of the kids' problems.

I guess I will have to draw you a diagram, because you are just that stupid.

Once again, the decisions pertaining to Alpha-kid romance remain stunningly simple.

And yet I still have to spell it out for you. You're welcome.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
See, my brain is an rear end in a top hat. Every time that I hear something that gives you a terrible, horrible, shudder-inducing mental image, my brain always makes sure it's the most terriblest, horriblest and shudder-inducingest. Because my brain is an rear end in a top hat.

Even then, my brain is balking at going into Trickster-sex territory. As much as Hussie is hitting us over the head with repeated, capitalized, flashing mentions of 'babies' and 'relations,' my brain. Draws. The loving. Line.

Thank you, brain.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 15, 2013

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Meanwhile, Hussie lurks in his lair, cackling as shippers and bad fanfic authors see their fantasies go horribly, horribly right.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Since ARQUIUSPRITE is part Dirk naturally Jake will need to marry him too.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Roland Jones posted:

Dirk, Jane, Jake and Roxy are all paradox clones of themselves.

John and Jade are Jane and Jake's kids, and Dave and Rose for Dirk and Roxy.

The B2 kids (Dirk, Jane, etc...) think they are the descendants of the other set (ie. Roxy calls Rose mom, Jane thinks poppop-John is her grandfather, etc) but they're wrong, it was just the order of the meteors made it look that way. (Similarly in neither universe are Dirk and Dave actually brothers, even though they call each other that).

Now this is all just in terms of genetics though. Their familial (mis)conceptions could still have vast and staggering shipping implicfsugdshklds;haklhdsklvsiahwiov;rwhgv;

wow i think i blacked out there for a minute

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This isn't really that complicated, since the genetic relationships are exactly the same in both versions of the universe. The only complication is that the genetic descendents are older than their ancestors in the scratched universe. But when time travel is involved, age is irrelevant (and besides, Dirk and Roxy are 413 years 'younger' than the other two anyway!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Are we certain that the retroactive switching of the portals during the Scratch caused the babies to duplicate (with one copy going through the Beta portal and one through the Alpha), or could the Alpha kids wind up running their own ectobiology session to create the Beta kids in one cross-universe double mobius reacharound?