Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Earth fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Good idea for a scam. It will be educational for everyone who backs it!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

That's by Dran.

Let's take a trip back in time to British TV from the 70s

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

glitchkrieg posted:

That's by Dran.

Let's take a trip back in time to British TV from the 70s

British TV from 1998

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
FEMEN in the Vatican, protesting homophobia. tIMG for pixellated :sonia:

And an unrelated cool song by a cool person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Polar bear curious about what the gently caress is up with the USS Connecticut

Walrus chilling out on what I'm pretty sure is a Russian Delta class submarine

(gently caress nuclear submarines, seriously)

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCvP74asWL4

I'm sure it would have already been posted but I didn't see it so yeah.

quote:

Rough translation via YouTube's captions:

"I hope that one day the newspaper will be able to tell the truth as expressed in foreign media. It would be great when they don't have to make compromises."

"No, I have no worries (talking about this)."

"These were the last words we hear of Jiang Di. In front of our eyes, he's immediately thrown into a dirty van by State security and abducted. Because it is how Chinese communists rule the country-- through fear."

It is worth looking at the chinese comments through google translate for some perspective.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Fandyien posted:

What is the deal with pictures like this? I see them all over the place on less savory messageboards, typically the ones dominated by western Europeans. I mean, I get the "message" they're trying to send, but how could this sort of thing possibly appeal to anyone besides already committed racists?

We are the best, the original Imperialists. The Chinese? Piff, a couple of countries around them for a few thousand years. The Americans? Children only hoping to try and do the damage we did, to be equal to the poo poo we've done. Lynchings and slavery were a good attempt as was the eradication of the Natives, but They didn't have no Congo Free State, no carving up of a continent, no sirree. drat good attempts in South America though.
We Europeans, we are the poo poo when it comes to hate, to murder, to oppression. We hosed the world up and it still hasn't recovered and maybe never will. How many of the problems of the day can we tie back to the British, the French, the Dutch? Which part of the world didn't suffer the whip, wasn't stolen from, wasn't hosed over in some way?
And hell, I like to think that most of us have stopped supporting, learned something from all the bad poo poo we done. But some just loving didn't and sometimes they seem many. Some people think that because we pissed, shat and hosed up the rest of the world for a couple hundred years and profited greatly from it, were top dog to the detriment of everyone else, that the cessation of said up-fuckery is something bad and terrible, maaan, don't you miss the days when the lesser peoples knew their place? Now the goddamn savages expect rights and we suddenly have to follow someone that isn't one of us? Argh! The only logical answer to this is to go loving crazy racist and right-wing! That will solve loving everything!
Ehh. Or something like that.

Armyman25 posted:

Why is that?
'cause you've become a way better poster probably.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

TheFluff posted:

Walrus chilling out on what I'm pretty sure is a Russian Delta class submarine

Must be nice and warm. :3: Big black surface absorbing all the sun's warmth makes for a lovely place to take a nap.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Deceitful Penguin posted:

'cause you've become a way better poster probably.

Trolling hard followed by a slow transition into sane-posting is the surest route to forums stardom

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Valentina Tereshkova heading into space in 1963.

First woman in space as well as first civilian in space.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

I thought it needed to be freshened up a bit for today's discerning gently caress you got mine crowd

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Found this on Facebook.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

:911:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Deceitful Penguin posted:

We hosed the world up and it still hasn't recovered and maybe never will. How many of the problems of the day can we tie back to the British, the French, the Dutch? Which part of the world didn't suffer the whip, wasn't stolen from, wasn't hosed over in some way?

Eastern Europe. Germans and Russians (and earlier Poles) had a monopoly on imperialism there, no French or British partition of Poland.:smugbert:

Unrelated:

Cherokee Confederate Veternas reunion, New Orleans 1903

SombreroAgnew
Sep 22, 2004

unlimited rice pudding

SombreroAgnew fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 15, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Return of the Shithead from the Past

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Wow, what happened in 1835?

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

Rent-A-Cop posted:

The Great Awakening

SombreroAgnew
Sep 22, 2004

unlimited rice pudding

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Rise of religious opposition, a rise in the previously ridiculously low price of whiskey, distillation concentrating into major businesses and becoming a viable target of populist political attacks, industrialization (although why specifically that year, I don't know). From The Alcoholic Republic: An American Tradition by W. J. Rorabaugh, who also notes that

quote:

This American experience was not unique, for a glut of distilled spirits has preceded industrial development in many modern nations. A mid-eighteenth-century craze for gin preceded England's Industrial Revolution, mid-nineteenth-century distilled spirit binges preceded the rapid transformations of Prussia and Sweden, and an upsurge in vodka consumption preceded the industrialization of Russia. In each of these cases, as in the United States, agricultural surpluses had created conditions favorable to rapid industrial development.
So countries black out and wake up the next day with factories everywhere.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

SombreroAgnew posted:

Rise of religious opposition, a rise in the previously ridiculously low price of whiskey, distillation concentrating into major businesses and becoming a viable target of populist political attacks, industrialization (although why specifically that year, I don't know). From The Alcoholic Republic: An American Tradition by W. J. Rorabaugh, who also notes that

So countries black out and wake up the next day with factories everywhere.

That is easily my favorite book about early American drinking culture, and origins of prohibition.

Here, have some temperance mixed with nativism!

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
London

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

From the comments on that article:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, I'm going to buy this and display it in my apartment, one of many great ideas.

quote:

A statement on the Zombie Bait Edition:

We deeply apologize for any offense caused by the Dead Island Riptide "Zombie Bait Edition", the collector's edition announced for Europe and Australia. Like many gaming companies, Deep Silver has many offices in different countries, which is why sometimes different versions of Collector's Editions come into being for North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.

For the limited run of the Zombie Bait Edition for Europe and Australia, a decision was made to include a gruesome statue of a zombie torso, which was cut up like many of our fans had done to the undead enemies in the original Dead Island.

We sincerely regret this choice. We are collecting feedback continuously from the Dead Island community, as well as the international gaming community at large, for ongoing internal meetings with Deep Silver's entire international team today. For now, we want to reiterate to the community, fans and industry how deeply sorry we are, and that we are committed to making sure this will never happen again.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Oh, for gently caress's sake Deep Silver. How could you not have learned your lesson when people found this poo poo in the source code:

So sick of the juvenile manchildren who fill this industry.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Wolfsbane posted:

Oh, for gently caress's sake Deep Silver. How could you not have learned your lesson when people found this poo poo in the source code:

So sick of the juvenile manchildren who fill this industry.

They probably learned their lesson, namely that a little misogyny equals a shitload of free press.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Deposits of precious resources in Mali ('or' is gold, 'fer' is iron):

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Speaking of videos of young men getting whisked away in vans, here's an American Jew in Israel annoying the authorities!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8f3_1358276992

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This just got posted by my ultra republican, NRA supporter family

"Take this picture and sure it and share it again. Print flyers,show it to your parents, your preacher, and your coworkers. Spread the god drat word Tryranny is alive and well!"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

"Take this picture and sure it and share it again. Print flyers,show it to your parents, your preacher, and your coworkers. Spread the god drat word Tryranny is alive and well!"

Haven't seen this one (they look completely different by the way) but this showed up in a few places on my Facebook feed today, all from hardline conservatives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9GxXYKx_8

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I wonder how they got accurate numbers for Prohibition.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

TheFluff posted:

What did nuclear submarines ever do to you, man? They're just doing their jobs.

The USS Nautilus Museum, right down the road from where I am.

SombreroAgnew
Sep 22, 2004

unlimited rice pudding

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

You should let them know they're following the lead of someone who is very obviously mentally ill. Unless they also believe that:

"Jack White musician and Punk that tried to steal a 10oz bar of silver from me"

And finally:

Looks legit! http://www.wellaware1.com/

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHyMxVjceE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
That's by the same folks who did the ads for Ron Paul's last campaign, like where they managed to associate Rick Santorum with Planned Parenthood and dictators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgNJBdTaKE8

• Locked thread