Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Not Grover posted:

Anguish was okay/interesting at level, but the MPG trials (raid and group, actually) were the part that I really really liked.

Trial of Weaponry :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

How many on Luclin still need their anguish orbs? I wasn't able to make it for that anguish run, but if several people still need them I can make a point of doing a clear this coming weekend or the next. If everyone wants a quick/painless run, a 100 Ranger/Shammy combo is all it will take.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
If enough people need, I don't mind doing a second run with my boxes on Luclin. Mine might be more painful though since I can't use any of my gear :3:

Test folks - FUNZOE in particular and anyone else high enough level, Zliz and I are going to do the Clankwrench raid sometime in the next couple days to unlock raid powersources. Very worth coming if you can get in (anyone know the min level?). Can you guys do tomorrow or Wednesday night? Zliz and I can take it on by ourselves I'm pretty sure, but I'd like to get as many Testgoons flagged as possible.

Also Solotiv when do you want to do Anguish on Test? Lets see if we can plan that as well so we can get multiple people their orbs. That raid requires 68 min and we'll get 3 orbs with a potential 4th because I want to see if I can take out OMM. The first 3 orbs take about an hour total. Solo's got first dibs on an orb, but the rest are up for grabs as far as I know. I really like Anguish so we can go again next week if more than 3 people need an orb

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
Around what time are you thinking of doing Clankwrench?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

The337th posted:

How many on Luclin still need their anguish orbs? I wasn't able to make it for that anguish run, but if several people still need them I can make a point of doing a clear this coming weekend or the next. If everyone wants a quick/painless run, a 100 Ranger/Shammy combo is all it will take.

I would actually be much obliged for that. Our half-run was only last night and we took down Ture and Hanvar, and our rogue with his 1.5 got an Orb, so that is done. We took down Harrier but not Jelvan and my wizard is still flagged for that run, so if we had another go presumably all we would need to do is take down Jelvan and another Orb would spawn.

Keep in mind, though, that you must have 6 PCs bare minimum in the "Expedition" in order to even enter Anguish, though I do not doubt for a moment that a 100 Ranger & Shaman could sweep through it like a Wind of Doom.

My wizard is the same level as my druid/bard/SK, but he is still well behind them in AA. I want to get him caught up with them before 1 February, and that is a reasonable goal even on Luclin without the benefit of Test double experience (and Lesson, as this guy is maybe a month old). Spring Term starts for me in early February, and my playtime is going to become very limited, so I want to get all 4 of my toons on even footing by then. During the semester, with the minimal and sporadic play time that I will have, I am going to work on the druid & wizard 1.5/2.0 quest lines (bard and SK are done) as time permits.

I am going to be honest with the Luclin goons: I have all but decided to jump ship to Test within a few weeks. I refuse to pay $60 a month for Gold access to my 4 accounts, but I am tired of feeling like a second-class citizen on Luclin because I refuse to pay through the bloody nose for this folderol. Plus, I want to start new characters and try out new classes, and not only will I not have to pay $15 a month for those new accounts on Test, but moving will also save me the cost of buying Station Cash to unlock races, classes, base inventory slots, Silver account status, blah blah blah. This is without mentioning that Test will let me level up new toons at 2x speed, and even 3x speed with Lesson as all characters on Test have all Veteran Rewards right from the off (correct me if I am wrong)

As one Test Goon said not long ago, this is a nearly 14-year-old game and I am not going to pay all that cash for miles of old content that never gets tweaked/updated and that nobody actually does (Anguish notable exception).

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 15, 2013

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

Just about to hit 52 on my monk/shaman. I want to level and then steam through all the raid bosses in order after naggy and vox. Does anyone have a link with info about when certain raids opened and their level requirements? I found one on allakhazam but it didn't seem very accurate and just listed raids by expansion. I guess I'm looking for something a progression guild would use.

dirty nub fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 15, 2013

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

If enough people need, I don't mind doing a second run with my boxes on Luclin. Mine might be more painful though since I can't use any of my gear :3:

Test folks - FUNZOE in particular and anyone else high enough level, Zliz and I are going to do the Clankwrench raid sometime in the next couple days to unlock raid powersources. Very worth coming if you can get in (anyone know the min level?). Can you guys do tomorrow or Wednesday night? Zliz and I can take it on by ourselves I'm pretty sure, but I'd like to get as many Testgoons flagged as possible.

Also Solotiv when do you want to do Anguish on Test? Lets see if we can plan that as well so we can get multiple people their orbs. That raid requires 68 min and we'll get 3 orbs with a potential 4th because I want to see if I can take out OMM. The first 3 orbs take about an hour total. Solo's got first dibs on an orb, but the rest are up for grabs as far as I know. I really like Anguish so we can go again next week if more than 3 people need an orb

I'm home from work around 8PM EST so anytime after that works through Wednesday. Thursday and Friday, however, I'm working late so I won't be able to do it as I won't get home until close to 1AM EST, unless you're that much of a masochist.

Edit: I may be available for Clankwrench too.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 15, 2013

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

MrTheDevious posted:

I'll be on tomorrow and Wednesday for at least a little bit each day, but I can be on longer depending on what day you guys wanna do it. Looks like the minimum level for the encounter is 80.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4411

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

JustJeff88 posted:

I am going to be honest with the Luclin goons: I have all but decided to jump ship to Test within a few weeks. I refuse to pay $60 a month for Gold access to my 4 accounts, but I am tired of feeling like a second-class citizen on Luclin because I refuse to pay through the bloody nose for this folderol. Plus, I want to start new characters and try out new classes, and not only will I not have to pay $15 a month for those new accounts on Test, but moving will also save me the cost of buying Station Cash to unlock races, classes, base inventory slots, Silver account status, blah blah blah. This is without mentioning that Test will let me level up new toons at 2x speed, and even 3x speed with Lesson as all characters on Test have all Veteran Rewards right from the off (correct me if I am wrong)

As one Test Goon said not long ago, this is a nearly 14-year-old game and I am not going to pay all that cash for miles of old content that never gets tweaked/updated and that nobody actually does (Anguish notable exception).
You'll be welcomed on Test. :)

dirty nub posted:

Just about to hit 52 on my monk/shaman. I want to level and then steam through all the raid bosses in order after naggy and vox. Does anyone have a link with info about when certain raids opened and their level requirements? I found one on allakhazam but it didn't seem very accurate and just listed raids by expansion. I guess I'm looking for something a progression guild would use.

Use SOE's progression status for the Fippy server:

http://www.everquest.com/progression-timeline?sid=156

A word of warning though, you're very unlikely to find all mobs up just ready for killing, perhaps unless you're on one of the brand new servers. You will likely find some, though.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

Keep in mind, though, that you must have 6 PCs bare minimum in the "Expedition" in order to even enter Anguish, though I do not doubt for a moment that a 100 Ranger & Shaman could sweep through it like a Wind of Doom.

This isn't much of an issue, I have access to extra characters as well, but it's also easy to use offline characters from the same accounts to fill up a group.

If enough people actually need, I'd just as well wait til this weekend, a lockout free instance will give all 4 orbs to spread around.

As far as the Clankwrench level questions, isn't it a raid task rather than raid expedition? I think that will mean it has the 15 level spread requirement.

The337th fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 15, 2013

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So what's the rogue merc ability that makes it nuke for 3000 damage seemingly twice every few minutes. Seems like it usually comes in pairs. I flipped through rogue skills and AAs and didn't really see anything that looked like it would be a likely candidate.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

The337th posted:

If enough people actually need, I'd just as well wait til this weekend, a lockout free instance will give all 4 orbs to spread around.

As a reference, we got that one Orb and left Angiush at about 10 PM Eastern/9 Central/8 Mountain/7 Pacific yesterday (Sunday, 13 January). When the lockout ends exactly, I am not sure.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Devor posted:

So what's the rogue merc ability that makes it nuke for 3000 damage seemingly twice every few minutes. Seems like it usually comes in pairs. I flipped through rogue skills and AAs and didn't really see anything that looked like it would be a likely candidate.
What level is it? Rogues get a few dots, but they only tick every 6 seconds. They also get massive strike which can trigger on backstabs, so a double or triple backstab could make it cast multiple times; massive strike can even proc on itself :getin:. But I would think massive strike would do more damage than 3000. They also have poisons that can proc at random, but they do a multitude more damage than that. It could just be doing 2 skills at once that happen to do nearly the same damage.

I can't even remember what skills act as physical and which act as "non-melee damage"/nuke so it's kinda goofy

darkhand fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 15, 2013

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

If any of you dudes in Anguish are reading this, I just got disconnected.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yo I think we crashed Anguish, did you guys get mass DCd too?

Edit - yep we crashed Anguish, sweet. Another successful Kodaji raid full of screwups, loot, epics, and eventually so much sheer awesome the server could no longer handle us.

Edit 2 - looks like the entirety of Test went down. drat we're good :smugdog:

Edit 3 - answering the other stuff above: Clank will most likely be 15 level spread, yeah. Zliz is 98 I believe? Maybe 97? So that'd put us at everyone 83+ can come for the flag. Let's plan on Wednesday night around 7 or 8 unless Tuesday'd work better for someone, come get your raid ps flags all! This is highly dependent on Zliz's availability since he's got the only other healer beefy enough to keep folk alive through the AEs. For you batch of 70s still grinding out the AA, don't sweat, I'll make sure we do it again when the next batch of goons are ready. Goonraids are the most fun part of EQ period these days :3:

I'm going to finish up that CoA instance tomorrow night, AMV orb and BP are already claimed but OMM orb is free I think if someone else needs a 2.0 orb. We were literally preparing to engage AMV so it'll be a half hour max to finish. Might do PoTime after just because it's fun, still drops a few nice items, and I need clicky haste off of Quarm still if anyone wants to poke along. Notable items include Ton Po Pouch for summoning infinite 250 range monk shuriken, a big ol Shaman stick with unlimited clicky slow, and a clicky buff that gives you an aggro proc that stacks with drat near everything in the game.

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 15, 2013

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Test looks down to me, going to make some food then come back and see if we can pick it up I guess.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah, Test is down.

I'm gonna call it a night, gotta be up early tomorrow.

I should be on around the same time tomorrow night if anything is going on.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
I'm going to bed as well. Loot and scoot, bitches!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Catch you dudes tomorrow! Really fun first new-goonrush raid :) Looking forward to you 70s and low 80s catching up so we can tackle some really crazy poo poo, you guys were rockin it hard in Anguish.

HAHAHAHAHAHA apparently they rolled Test back a few minutes before the crash...our Hanvar kill included. Sorry whoever got that last orb, gonna get to do that one all over again

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 15, 2013

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Sounds like you are having some lively fun on Test, though the whole server crashing is a little worrisome - does that happen a lot?

Also, is there a goon server on Test, or just a loose association of miscreants and sociopaths? Personally, because some people are still fond of the old "Fearboners" name, I think the Luclin "Ominous" guild should move to Test and we should call the united guild "Ominous Fearboners" If that doesn't fill our enemies with dread (and homoerotic terror), then nothing will.

Now, the question I originally came here to ask... can anyone recommend any good solo spots for my 80 wizard of about 750 or so AA? Mostly I move between Paw and Plane of Fire, and as a result my wiz is kind of Ice-spec'd right now. I have maxed out, for my level, the familiar that boosts Ice damage, Cryomancy, and the other element specific abilities as most of Plane of Fire and 1/4 of Paw is immune to fire (and lightning/magic nukes are gimped at my level). That said, PoF is often camped (usually by two rangers, one at C1 and one at C2) and Paw has been as popular as an inexpensive buxom prostitute with beer taps instead of nipples lately, so I would really like to find some other spots to work up my AA, particularly in quiet, little-travelled areas (so probably not any actual hot zones). My tactics are pretty basic in that I usually just root and blast away with my best [ice] nukes (I have all of the root-boosting wizard AA, so this works quite well) until I run out of mana and Harvests, then I rest and repeat. LB cons seem to work best at my level (the PoF soldiers have about 40-45k HP each and give me about 1/3 of an AA per solo kill).

I just want to find a cozy place to build my little froggy up, and my other 3 toons are semi-retired right now, so I really want to make it a solo endeavour. I had my SK group with him in C2 earlier tonight and mini-swarm, and even with the 2-PC bonus, I didn't really make much better experience than with my root-and-bombard tactics since I had to split the exp with my SK (who doesn't need it).

Good cash drops like in Paw/PoF would be nice too, especially with the money cap for non-Gold accounts being removed soon (or so I hear).

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Happens the same frequency as any other server crashing. It was back up 5 minutes later, it just happened to be REALLY bad timing hahaha.

Goons on test are spread out all over the place. We just use a chat channel to talk. I've got chars in 3 diff guilds at the moment. There's not really anything a guild can do for ya on Test that we don't get with just the chat channel. We do still have a couple people in <Goons Without Pants> though, which predated even Ascending Fearboners. I think me, Solo, and Shnaggle are the only people still playing who were Goons Without Pants unless Beo's lurking somewhere or I forgot someone (sorry if I did).

There's nowhere that matches Paw/ PoFire for xp really just because of mob hp increase in the newer zones. We've got a group of goons at that level range stomping through Direwind as a group for lessons and they're doing really well. The Mech zones in SoF are where I leveled through my early 80s if I didn't feel like swarming, decent xp for 1 at a time. RSS is always a good option, mobs aren't quite as weak as Fire/Paw but they're pretty dead easy and give nice xp. DSH farm if you pick up the nearby tasks might still be good at 80. Loping gators you could try as well.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
Is that 7 or 8 Eastern? My schedule is a bit sketchy on Wednesdays, but if I can make it, I can bring a 97 SK and 98 Rogue, and maybe my shammy/bard bots whose level is somewhere in the 90s but I forget (they aren't very important).

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

JustJeff88 posted:

Someone else brought this up, but it is wrong

What you NEED to request a raid EXPEDITION:
6 Characters in your group
a requester of high enough level with the needed flags
Your group may have to follow the 15 level spread while getting the DZ
offline characters count as being in your group, and do not count against the above.
You might be able to /dzadd players outside the level spread later on if they're not too low for the dz.

Say you have a 95 SK who wants to clear CoA, you load up your second account that has Uselessnoob on it, log him in, invite him to group then camp him out. Do this 4 more times. Your SK can now request CoA with the 5 offline dorks filling out the group.

Now, there are ALSO raid TASKS. They have slightly different rules
6 Characters in your group
a requester of high enough level with the needed flags
Your group must meet a min avg level
Your group can't break the 15 level spread
Offline characters don't count against the above and count as L0 for the group avg level.

DoN progression raids are all tasks, so you can usually only get away with 1 or 2 offlines to get those tasks because the req min level is above 60.

PoTime only required 1 person in group to request it. Have fun soloing it.

Even when it looks like things in EQ are doing the exact same thing, they're going about it in completely different ways.

quote:

Happens the same frequency as any other server crashing. It was back up 5 minutes later, it just happened to be REALLY bad timing hahaha.

Servers have actually been really stable outside of some zone crash bugs in a couple raids.

Testcopy is still broken, btw.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

JustJeff88 posted:

I just want to find a cozy place to build my little froggy up, and my other 3 toons are semi-retired right now, so I really want to make it a solo endeavour. I had my SK group with him in C2 earlier tonight and mini-swarm, and even with the 2-PC bonus, I didn't really make much better experience than with my root-and-bombard tactics since I had to split the exp with my SK (who doesn't need it).

Just out of curiosity why wouldn't you at least throw your bard on autofollow with your wiz and run around like that? Or your sk...

Anyway, I should be on tomorrow evening, Thursday, and this weekend a bit if you'd like to come to some HoT progression. I know i mentioned it before and it kinda fell by the wayside, but message me on Bizrip or any of your guys if you see me on and want to come (and im not at work, heh). That goes for anyone else in the 80-90 range as well, I'm 3 boxing a shaman, monk, and enchanter each with j5 mercs, and can replace a real person in one of those merc slots anytime someone wants to come along.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Servers have actually been really stable outside of some zone crash bugs in a couple raids.

Testcopy is still broken, btw.

That was my point, Test isn't any less stable than any other server. I can't even remember another time it crashed, though 99% of the time I'm all for crashes since it means a bunch of cool poo poo is up. It just happened to nab us right as someone looted a 2.0 orb.

Cyco - Whenever Wednesday is good for you guys works for me. We can do it tomorrow instead if that's better for folk. Zliz and I will have Shambots for heals too, and your SK + me is definitely overkill for all the tanking, so it's really just whenever everyone's around. With you coming too, we're going to slaughter the poor thing.

Testcopy is just disabled until they patch Live to mesh with what's on Test according to Test General chat, so it should be back up Wednesday maybe!

^^^ You guys should take him up on that HoT progression. Really fun, nice drops for 80s, and the xp is great. Plus T4 HoT zones are the bees knees for grinding until you can handle the glorious AA party that is Argath tasks

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 15, 2013

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Thanks for the clarification on raids, jetz0r. For those interested, I got the Anguish expedition with the following group setup, all online, each on their own account: lvl 97, lvl 96, lvl 88, lvl 88, lvl 1, lvl 1. I naturally only entered the zone with the four high levels. Do you think one can add multiple lvl 1 mules on the same account and have it work?

JustJeff88 posted:

Sounds like you are having some lively fun on Test, though the whole server crashing is a little worrisome - does that happen a lot?
Before the latest patch, Test had been up for about 30 days straight. You can check with the neat /uptime command.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I think if level 1s on other accounts work, level 1s on the same account should too. No idea if that's actually the case though. I think the difference is just whether the level 1s are taken into the overall group average level or not. Like back when we were doing the anniversary tasks, you had to have overall avg level of 85 for the highest tier drops, having offline level 60s drags the avg level down because it's a task.

That's the way I understand it anyway

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006
I've finally started to approach the point where silver membership will be a barrier, so I've decided that I'm going to give test a shot, and copy my 78 SK Zgrak over. As soon as it's working again that is. He has full visible elegant defiant and a bunch of assorted other crap everywhere else. He's rather low on hps I'm told. I've been trying to grind AAs so I can swarm eventually, but it's slow going.

So jetz0r, if you're still offering truckloads of loots and things, I would definitely appreciate whatever goodies an SK could use, particularly plat and bags. I'm still pretty out of the loop when it comes to lvl 75+ gear, so I have no idea what sort of stuff I should be looking for now.

Just one stupid question.. how do you connect to test? It's not in the server list, is there a different client or something?

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

You have to enable it in the options menu on that first screen that opens before the game actually runs. It will download some files then boot up in test.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Just level to 80 asap before you AA anymore. Goons can deck you out in full 950hp vis/non-vis and your power triples. Tanks feel extremely lovely until you hit that HoT gear level. You can stop at 80-81 to AA with that gear + MUCH better weapons, then you'll be able to swarm PoFire and Paw until you're sick of it. I was swarming all of PoFire's field + C2 at 81 with that exact same gear and 750AA. Even on Luclin with no Test double-xp and before they boosted the AA bonus to 4kAA I could do 70-80 AA per lesson there. You'll FLY through the AA there now.

If you don't have 1.5 yet, you should stop grinding entirely and do the 1.5 so we can get you a 2.0. Swarming pretty much impossible without it! You can solo all of the 1.5 at 78 and still get xp from parts of it. Only suck part is the Broodmother in RCoD. She's kinda rare and only has 1 PH. Rest of the 1.5 is a straight shot though, then 2.0's just 1 more longish camp and a trip through Anguish. You can't be a real SK without a 2.0. It's the most gamebreaking single item in EQ.

You swap to the Test client from the Station Launcher under options. Just change the version from Live to Test. It'll have to patch for 5 mins or so, then you're ready to go. Don't bother until /testcopy's back though :) Once you get here though, there's a big ol' pile of goons right at your level grouping and only 75% of em are SKs, so way better ratio than last goonrush!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

The337th posted:

I'd be interested in doing this this weekend (or any time you're available.) I just basically completed the 1.5 (have the egg, hide, eye, and unicorn hair) so I just need to do a couple easy fights and I'll have that done. I will probably do the 2.0 camps this week so I should be set for it.

I ended up logging in before work to see if the amygdalan temple repopped. Felt like being in high school all over again. even ended up getting my buddy his head of the serpent for the enchanter epic.

Vomik fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 15, 2013

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

Now, the question I originally came here to ask... can anyone recommend any good solo spots for my 80 wizard of about 750 or so AA? Mostly I move between Paw and Plane of Fire, and as a result my wiz is kind of Ice-spec'd right now. I have maxed out, for my level, the familiar that boosts Ice damage, Cryomancy, and the other element specific abilities as most of Plane of Fire and 1/4 of Paw is immune to fire (and lightning/magic nukes are gimped at my level). That said, PoF is often camped (usually by two rangers, one at C1 and one at C2) and Paw has been as popular as an inexpensive buxom prostitute with beer taps instead of nipples lately, so I would really like to find some other spots to work up my AA, particularly in quiet, little-travelled areas (so probably not any actual hot zones). My tactics are pretty basic in that I usually just root and blast away with my best [ice] nukes (I have all of the root-boosting wizard AA, so this works quite well) until I run out of mana and Harvests, then I rest and repeat. LB cons seem to work best at my level (the PoF soldiers have about 40-45k HP each and give me about 1/3 of an AA per solo kill).

Odin does loping plains a lot for kiting if he's by himself and he claims it's really good exp. It's killing higher con mobs so it takes a litte longer though but with your mana pool you can probably kill 5 or 6 before you have to med.

I think while Paw/PoF are great because of the low hp it's also nice becuase of the low damage for melee classes. If you can kite it isn't that bad dealing with more difficult mobs. My necro could put together 30aa a lesson at level 72 in garbage (worse than elegant defiant) gear.

Whoops meant to edit my prior post.

Vomik fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 15, 2013

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

That is in fact why people love Paw/Fire. Unless you're an SK/ranger/mage, then you get the added benefit of being able to kill the entire loving zone at once and seeing 30 AA flow in at the same time.

Kiting in Icefall used to be the poo poo for necros and wizzies, too. Not sure how it compares to Loping gators though

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

cycomatix posted:

Wanna know where I got my warleader pearl? Loyalty Merchant and Faycetum Adventure merchant. :smug:

I know this is an old post, but is there some site that has little tricks/shortcuts like this somewhere? I'm going to spend my loyalty points to get some faycetum and buy the 2 30ac augs that merchant has. I just didn't know if there were other augs/gear that I can do something similar with.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Vomik posted:

even ended up getting my buddy his head of the serpent for the enchanter epic.

I meant to ask you about that. I don't think that it can be MQd, but my druid has a Head of the Serpent in the bank from killing the Wraith in Fear, and I was going to ask you about it.

The enchanter 1.0, as adorable as it is, has to still be one of the toughest in the game, right up there with mage. It is broken into so many little bits, I don't believe that you can MQ any of it, and you have to go to the 4 corners of the game world to do it, including Sky (not island 7, at least), the bottom of Chardok, the bowels of Guk, etc. It was the second most desirable 1.0 in the olden days and, while rather irrelevant now as are most 1.0s, it is just one of those things that I would have to have if I played an enchanter. I am actually really keen to play an enchanter, but they are not a solo-friendly class and in this era of one-man groups (I am shite at boxing) and heavy solo play, I think that I would struggle to bring the little bugger up (he would be a gnome)

By the way... thank you Devious for the levelling suggestions, but I have to confess that I do not understand some of your acronyms that you used. What do SoF and RSS mean?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

By the way... thank you Devious for the levelling suggestions, but I have to confess that I do not understand some of your acronyms that you used. What do SoF and RSS mean?

The head isn't MQable but I brought his enchanter over to loot it. I believe it's actually the biggest time drain of the enchanter epic so he should be able to get it fairly quickly (it's still a lot of work but I don't think it involves a long camp.) Enchanters seem neat but I don't really know what they do nowadays. Do they provide any DPS? Mezzes certainly aren't useful around 80.

SoF = secrets of faydwer expansion
RSS = rift seeker's sanctum

How difficult is it to get the solteris raid expedition complete? It looks like the tainted energaic breastplate has an awesome click (a 400 lifetap damage shield for 2 minutes?) And I think that's what allows you to unlock the pure energain orbs right?

Vomik fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 15, 2013

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

darkhand posted:

What level is it? Rogues get a few dots, but they only tick every 6 seconds. They also get massive strike which can trigger on backstabs, so a double or triple backstab could make it cast multiple times; massive strike can even proc on itself :getin:. But I would think massive strike would do more damage than 3000. They also have poisons that can proc at random, but they do a multitude more damage than that. It could just be doing 2 skills at once that happen to do nearly the same damage.

I can't even remember what skills act as physical and which act as "non-melee damage"/nuke so it's kinda goofy

He's level 69 now, I think it started doing it at 68, but can't be sure. It acts like a nuke (shows up with the proc damage as non-melee), is almost always exactly 3000 (maybe partial resisted a couple times, I've seen some around 700 but that's really rare). When I said it happens twice, it's not like a double nuke, just that when I see it proc once, I know to look for a second and it usually happens within another 10-15 seconds. Maybe once I think I've seen a third. Definitely not massive strike since that's appears to be level 85. Unless mercs give no shits about level restrictions.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Devor posted:

He's level 69 now, I think it started doing it at 68, but can't be sure. It acts like a nuke (shows up with the proc damage as non-melee), is almost always exactly 3000 (maybe partial resisted a couple times, I've seen some around 700 but that's really rare). When I said it happens twice, it's not like a double nuke, just that when I see it proc once, I know to look for a second and it usually happens within another 10-15 seconds. Maybe once I think I've seen a third. Definitely not massive strike since that's appears to be level 85. Unless mercs give no shits about level restrictions.

I think the rogue mercs use the rogue only poisons.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Big list o tips off the top of my head for new players/people who haven't played in a while:

Monster AC aug list-
http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4870

Once you hit 80, not only can you upgrade to HoT visible gear by bumming the drops off of a goon, you can also buy a full set of non-visibles from a guy in Feerott(The Dream) which is the intro HoT zone. They cost 30 "Dream Motes" each, which are a currency like Loyalty points, only most of us have a billion of the drat things sitting around, so bug someone in guild for enough motes to upgrade all your scrub jewelry to 950hp pieces.

If you're not a class with Gate, you can also use Loyalty points to buy primary and secondary anchors, which are mostly nice because it gives you a couple free ports from anywhere back to the GuildHall/PoK. You can also bug someone to let you borrow a Puppet Strings to pick up a free OT Hammer that procs gate to Overthere right by the PoK book. We've got to have mass piles of Puppet Strings lying around somewhere.

Make sure to type /claim on every account you're not creating freshly, as you'll have a variety of stuff waiting for you. In particular you may have a couple huge 100% WR bags or a free bard speed mount. You should also check out the godawful LoN card game on any non-new account because you get a free booster pack of digital cards on each account every month. If your account's old, it means you now have hundreds of free packs which rarely include poo poo you can actually use in the game, such as other bard speed mounts, summonable familiars that give little buffs, and a bunch of useless poo poo.

If you're playing on Test and not Live, don't forget you get all 13 vet rewards no matter how old the account is. Press V to open your AA window, then click the Special tab and read what they all do. Lesson is the most important for the 30 min double xp buff, but there are some other REALLY handy ones. Everyone also now has Origin free, it's in the General tab.

If you AFK in the hugeass pile of people in the middle of the Guild Lobby overnight, you'll come back to a full set of every buff in the drat world thanks to MGBs.

Don't forget to check the GH portal list so you don't end up running places you could've TPd to instantly. You can also sit in the pool in the GH and use autohotkey overnight to spam spells to raise spell skills. If you need to raise weapon skills, have your two boxes summon cleric mercs and stand in an arena and beat on each other's clr merc overnight. You get skill ups and the mercs will heal themselves. If you need to raise defense skills, have someone else with a pet summon the lowest possible level pet and duel you while you have a cler merc out overnight, the pet will skill up your defense/dodge/block/parry/riposte.

Things you might not think about testcopying from Live, but you should: Loyalty Golden ticket, loyalty rez token, those bags from /claim, really expensive stat food that requires farmed components to make(Planar donuts)

That's all I got, I'll add to the list whenever I think of other stuff!

Solt/Pure PS question: I have no idea on Solteris, never looked into it since that was the one expansion I totally skipped. The clicky does look kinda neat though if the lifetap proc benefits from the AAs we get. If it doesn't, then it's probably not worth grinding out for since 400 stops being a very big number pretty fast. We're using a different and easy raid to unlock the powersources (Clankwrench from SoF) because it requires no flags. I think Solt raids still require 16 or so total solo/group quests to request. If you want a BP clicky though, when you hit 85 you can buy Rustic. Its click is like a mini 2.0 on its own timer and objectively superior to the Solteris one just because it procs on every swing and scales with your weapon damage.

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Well, i guess all that money i wasted on Station Cash was stupid, i guess i'll move to test too, as Bizrip is one of my good pals that plays on Luclin. at least i can cancel gold.