Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

WFGuy posted:

A Cucumber Quest bat would totally be a fruit bat, but she could be drinking cranberry juice so I support this theory.

But then what happened to Cranberry? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-294/

It really is rather tacky.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Cordelia's fang in that last panel sure lends credence to the bat theory.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The entry on ear types in the physical book reads "If they've got cat ears or something, like Cordeila, they probalby aren't from Dreamside." (in red text rather than bold)

Cats also have fangs. I think she's a cat.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Zereth posted:

The entry on ear types in the physical book reads "If they've got cat ears or something, like Cordeila, they probalby aren't from Dreamside." (in red text rather than bold)

Cats also have fangs. I think she's a cat.

Oh so there's something in the book about that? Then why are people in here trying to guess what she is/where she is from?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-295/

Lance Streetman posted:

It really is rather tacky.

At least it's going where it belongs now.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Is that Cabbage being carried off?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No, that's the king who was turned to stone by Peridot when she and Cordelia took the castle.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I like how Peridot's hair is completely blocky and angular like a cut stone or gem.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I love the Mother/Daughter like dynamic between Peridot and Cordelia. It's a nice change from abusive and manipulative Bad Guys and it's very adorable whenever they interact. :3:

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Filthy Haiku posted:

I like how Peridot's hair is completely blocky and angular like a cut stone or gem.

That's intentional

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-296/

The BLT Trio AND Cabbage on the same page?!

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Cabbage is seriously the best character in this whole comic.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

This page really highlights how much her art has improved since the prologue chapter. Just compare the backgrounds and colors for Cabbage's cell there to her most recent page.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh my goodness his lamp is an orange slice

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I love how he apparently left his cell, stole a bookcase, chair, desk and lamp and carried them all back to the cell.

Cabbage is the best character is what I'm getting at here. :allears:

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
There is no way Cabbage isn't going to be plot relevant in a huge way. Calling it now, the way to defeat the Nightmare Knight is by getting PAID.

Lance Streetman posted:

This page really highlights how much her art has improved since the prologue chapter. Just compare the backgrounds and colors for Cabbage's cell there to her most recent page.
Digi is bafflingly good at making chiaroscuro look cute.

snucks fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 8, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

snucks posted:

There is no way Cabbage isn't going to be plot relevant in a huge way. Calling it now, the way to defeat the Nightmare Knight is by getting PAID.

I would laugh so hard if Cabbage turned out to be the real destined hero instead of Cuco.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I really hope that's not what this is leading up to...

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Why did they need Cabbage in the first place?

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Bet now he's reading Get Utmost Maximum Paid.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I bet Bagel is bringing him delicious home-cooked meals in there.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

fritz posted:

Why did they need Cabbage in the first place?

The Hero's father or girlfriend needs to be imprisoned. And since Cuco doesn't have a girlfriend they just took Cabbage.

And by took I mean Cabbage invoked that hero business when Cordelia took over and he just kind of moved into the dungeon.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-297/

There's certainly a resemblance there.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

D'aww, he has a big picture of Bagel on the wall. :3:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Peridot really should be nicer to her best friend's dad <:mad:>

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

D'aww, he has a big picture of Bagel on the wall. :3:
Kind of less cute when there's nothing stopping him from just going home and seeing the real thing.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-298/
So this is how the Nightmare Knight is going to be defeated. There is no sword that can rival the pain train that's about to come down on the poor lug.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Oh man. I laughed for a good minute or so at that last panel. If I hadn't just been graced by the avatar fairy from another thread I would instabuy that face.

Paul.Power posted:

Kind of less cute when there's nothing stopping him from just going home and seeing the real thing.

How do you know he's not already? :colbert: Door's totally unlocked and he's getting food from somewhere. I like to imagine she sneaks in all stealthily and covert-y as she can all serious business "OH MY POOR HUSBAND, KIDNAPPED BY EVIL-DOERS, AND THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS BRING HIM FOOD SO HE DOESN'T STARVE IN HIS HORRIBLE CONDITIONS" and he just goes right along with it, rushing around to hide his books and cushy lounge chair.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 13, 2013

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I get the feeling he knows exactly how it should be pronounced and just doesn't want to miss a chance to make someone profoundly unhappy (since, y'know, allies won't be smote until after all the heroes and such are taken care of).

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Oh man. I laughed for a good minute or so at that last panel. If I hadn't just been graced by the avatar fairy from another thread I would instabuy that face.

I kinda want to get it, but I think I'm gonna wait until next update for the custom text.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: Whoops totally misunderstood quote, ignore this post.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I don't get this page. (298)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mr. Peepers posted:

He's mispronouncing her name.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Mr. Peepers posted:

What, you can't read IPA? :smug:

He's pronouncing the "dot" in her name as in "dotted line", not Peri-d'oh. It's mentioned either earlier in the comic or on her bio page that she HATES when people do that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is he saying it three times or is the camera just zooming in?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

Is he saying it three times or is the camera just zooming in?

Pretty sure it's just a dramatic zoom-in. If it were another form of media like a TV show instead of a comic, it'd for sure be in slow motion for emphasis.

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!

What, you can't read IPA? :smug:

He's pronouncing the "dot" in her name as in "dotted line", not Peri-d'oh. It's mentioned either earlier in the comic or on her bio page that she HATES when people do that.
Getting the joke in the last panel has given me another reason to be happy to be working towards an MA in TESOL. I wouldn't know how to read IPA if it weren't for that.

Anyway, I've recently ordered the mini print set. I've been wanting to do a bit of redecorating around my apartment, and thought that these prints would be a cute addition. I've noticed that Gigi describes the prints as being "postcard-sized." For those of you who have these prints, is she referring to 4"x6" postcards or other dimensions? I want to frame these prints.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They're exactly the size of a normal postcard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Why yes, I was in fact hoping we'd get a couple updates in a row and what do you know??

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-299/
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-300/