Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Sorry to interrupt dlc chat but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can look up each character's melee damage. After doing a bit of testing between my mechromancer and soldier I learned that gaige does actually do far less melee damage than the other classes. At first I thought it was the skills I was using on axton that let him do more melee damage but it wasn't. I tested this on crystalisks by taking everything off my axton, except for a purple torgue pistol with no melee boosting properties, and taking away all his skills. Even with nothing equipped and no skill points in any slot I was still able to two shot each of the crystalisks weak points. Whereas with gaige still equipped with her normal gear and all her skill points still in place it took me about 13 hits on each of the crystalisks weak points to kill it. I just want to know what each character's base melee stats are and why gaige's are so much lower than everyone else's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's probably because Gaige has several skills that give her melee substantial boosts. With the right build she's possibly the best melee in the game (though Zero is a strong contender for that title as well.)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It'd better be Zero, he's got a frickin' sword.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

gooby on rails posted:

It'd better be Zero, he's got a frickin' sword.

Gaige has a metal roboarm, though.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
Wow, chupacabra witch doctors are loving brutal! Even my gunzerker that can solo Terra gets loving wrecked by them!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Having a badaboom solves all witch doctor problems. I've Been using it in deception and it can one shot them if all of the rockets hit. I just said gently caress it and used it on enemy waves since they're all so drat bullet spongey and next to impossible to get a crit from the front.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Anybody around 44 on 360 want to help with Jackenstein? I havent had a decent weapon in like 3 levels and I keep getting murdered by loaders. My gamertag is TurdFergusonIIV

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Would anybody be down for helping me power my way through 'Talon of God' and then letting me jump over and join them for the Vermi event tonight? I've got all of the DLC, if that helps.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

10 Beers posted:

Gaige has a metal roboarm, though.
And digital claws. Don't forget them.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Jesus christ, the Jackenstein is impossible for me to beat, I'm fighting him on TVHM at Level 50 and he just rips me apart, I know what to do, more or less, he just has a totally insane amount of health and is stupidly strong to boot.
I'm playing as Maya at the moment, the rest of the DLC's enemies were irritating, Witch Doctors especially, but my Fire Pimpernel Sniper just rips everything unarmoured apart.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Judge Tesla posted:

Jesus christ, the Jackenstein is impossible for me to beat, I'm fighting him on TVHM at Level 50 and he just rips me apart, I know what to do, more or less, he just has a totally insane amount of health and is stupidly strong to boot.
I'm playing as Maya at the moment, the rest of the DLC's enemies were irritating, Witch Doctors especially, but my Fire Pimpernel Sniper just rips everything unarmoured apart.

It wouldnt be so bad except every time I go into fight for your life the motherfucker gets directly between me and any loaders in the area.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

For the witch doctors and their minions I predominantly use the baby maker/cradle combo with axton. That at least gives me a chance to charge and take down the WDs before they level people up too far. Ammo runs out quick though. Also gently caress those spore deals.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Kifisonfire posted:

And digital claws. Don't forget them.

Oh! And a hammer!

ConcreteHades
Dec 27, 2012
Trick for killing mutie Jack, shoot the poo poo on his back till it explodes, do that twice, then the point on his chest where he fires the missiles or bombs of whatever the hell ya wanna call it.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Pros and cons of the new DLC:

It's too drat short. I hated that sidequest where you have to kite the pissed off Borok into the cage, because if you gently caress up or get killed you have to go all the way back to the bounty board, and that thing hates every living being with a passion. The writing was average at best. The loot, aside from maybe the Rex pistol and the Seraph shotgun are pretty crap. and gently caress Drifters and Witch Doctors, and gently caress waiting for Albino Skags because skags only spawn in a couple places in the whole thing.

The environment and story were decent, I liked Nakayama's echo recordings and Hammerlock, but not as much as Mr. Torgue or Captain Scarlett. The majority of enemies weren't just reskinned psychos and marauders, and at least the rear end in a top hat Witch Doctors add variety.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Man I really hope they knock it out of the park for the last one. Torgue was enjoyable enough but short and if this one is even shorter then I can't help but feel a little shortchanged (I even got the season pass on sale, don't know how I'd feel about it full price) given that they advertised it as all being Knoxx level in quality and size. Obviously you take that with a heap of salt since they would say that but you'd hope they'd know what and how much content people want and be able to fulfill that pretty easily.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 17, 2013

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Officer CockKnuckle posted:

Really? Both of the other expansions only took a few hours. Don't see how this is any different. I'm still waiting for Knoxx or Dr. Ned, (in terms of length and depth) I really think they are waiting until the season pass thing is over with to release the REAL expansions.... :/

The Captain Scarlett DLC felt so massive compared to this one. Maybe it took much less time because I was geared up with all orange/top tier gear as opposed to the previous two DLCs. I first did the Scarlett DLC when I was on TVHM at around level 45 and it took me a few days (at a few hours/day) playing through everything. That being said, I feel there was so much more to do in the first DLC and the missions were much more involved than just Find Hammerlock, follow path until you get to the end badguy. I know that seems like I'm simplifying the plot, but I don't think you need to see him more than once or twice for the main story.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What's a better shield for a fulltime rocket launcher Commando? Big boom blaster or the Sham?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

What's a better shield for a fulltime rocket launcher Commando? Big boom blaster or the Sham?
Big Boom Blaster for sure. Rocket ammo is limited enough as it is. I only tend to find it on the sides of weapon chests.

I talked about how I wasn't impressed with the DLC before, but one thing I will say is that they're teasing a pay-off for the Seraph storyline really well. I went up to the Seraph vendor in the Lodge and he said "Eriduim isn't the only thing that the opening of the vaults created". I hope that's the first "Knoxx-size" DLC.

Also is the second Invincible worth spawning for 84 Eridium?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I couldn't find the last furnace so dunno and I guess I wasted a fuckton of eridium unless it saves it. I thought the rough rider shield was from the seraph vendor but it drops from the bullet proof bullymong. That poo poo is fantastic on my gunzerker and it makes Maya run like the wind.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Kifisonfire posted:

Big Boom Blaster for sure. Rocket ammo is limited enough as it is. I only tend to find it on the sides of weapon chests.

I talked about how I wasn't impressed with the DLC before, but one thing I will say is that they're teasing a pay-off for the Seraph storyline really well. I went up to the Seraph vendor in the Lodge and he said "Eriduim isn't the only thing that the opening of the vaults created". I hope that's the first "Knoxx-size" DLC.

Big loot explosion. Eats bullets at lvl34 on normal (500k hits times about 2000 to kill him).
Only did it on normal to check it out so I assume legendary is ridiculous.

Does anyone know the spawns of the "special" baddies for the quest?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The chopper is loving insane holy poo poo. Just press the trigger and it shoots by itself until it runs out of ammo.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
This DLC took about 3 hours and I'm only missing 3-4 of the special mobs for the rare mob quest. Pretty weak, and didn't get anything worth mentioning to drop.

Now to figure out how to kill the Invincibles. I saw a gunzerker solo the first one, but 2 soldiers with pretty solid gear couldn't make it go without glitching the ES to a high enough point which seems to be much harder to do now.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Does anyone have a link to the new guns and drops from the new DLC?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Here you go.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_DLC3_Uniques_List_and_how_to_get_them

Figures that they give me the elephant gun with the stupid melee bonus instead of critical.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Just got this game & I read the OP but I don't want to spoil myself further than that so I was hoping someone here could answer a few quick questions.

1) I'm thinking about how great it was to have the Bank from Moxxi or the increased level cap from Knoxx during on-disc playthroughs. I'm going to get the Mechromancer DLC right away but I might wait to get the season pass unless it benefits the regular PTs. Does the DLC provide access to anything that makes it worth buying right away?

2) It sucked to kill King Wee Wee on PT2 rather than PT2.5 and it was frustrating to learn that PT2 SDUs had to be turned in before triggering PT2.5. Are there similar non-respawn enemies or quest-bug triggers that I should know about?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

kalensc posted:

Just got this game & I read the OP but I don't want to spoil myself further than that so I was hoping someone here could answer a few quick questions.

1) I'm thinking about how great it was to have the Bank from Moxxi or the increased level cap from Knoxx during on-disc playthroughs. I'm going to get the Mechromancer DLC right away but I might wait to get the season pass unless it benefits the regular PTs. Does the DLC provide access to anything that makes it worth buying right away?

2) It sucked to kill King Wee Wee on PT2 rather than PT2.5 and it was frustrating to learn that PT2 SDUs had to be turned in before triggering PT2.5. Are there similar non-respawn enemies or quest-bug triggers that I should know about?
Honestly, if someone asked me if I would buy the season pass now after knowing what was in it, I'd say wait. It will inevitably go on sale again, and there isn't a lot to write home about. The new areas are cool, some of the new guns are cool and the raid bosses are pretty fun to farm, but the quests are kind of poo poo and generally boring.

I think the only non-respawning enemy is a boss, which is replaced with a new boss if you go and visit it again. There's also a section where you'll have to choose a side in a gunfight, with both sides offering their own unique and legendary guns. Once you pick, you can't go back to get the others.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kifisonfire posted:

Honestly, if someone asked me if I would buy the season pass now after knowing what was in it, I'd say wait. It will inevitably go on sale again, and there isn't a lot to write home about. The new areas are cool, some of the new guns are cool and the raid bosses are pretty fun to farm, but the quests are kind of poo poo and generally boring.

I think the only non-respawning enemy is a boss, which is replaced with a new boss if you go and visit it again. There's also a section where you'll have to choose a side in a gunfight, with both sides offering their own unique and legendary guns. Once you pick, you can't go back to get the others.

Cool, thanks for the info!

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
What the hell was going through Gearbox's collective mind when they decided that Witch Doctors were balanced. Even my Commando who can solo Terramorpheus gets royally screwed by Witch Doctors 2-shotting him and being impossible to get second winds off.

Making bullet sponge enemies isn't making the game challenging, it's just not fun.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'll jump on the pile and say Hammerlock was a let down. Scarlet was a solid DLC and very quick after release, so I wasn't going to knitpick. Torgue had its moments, but overall was a bit shorter than I expected. I really thought DLC 3 would be the Knoxx of BL2, with a level cap update and a ton of content. Instead it was a few new enemy types, small environments, short, and with a terrible random spawn mission. I still love BL2, but this DLC felt like more of a trudge and I am getting sick of my character thanks to the fact I have been maxed out for so long. I really hope they end the season pass with a bang or doubt I'll keep playing into whatever future DLC they release.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I feel like this DLC doesn't have the Wow factor, that the first two did, the main villain, Professor Nakyama is simply rubbish, I suppose the joke is, is that he's super terrified of you and that's hilarious, but compared to Captain Scarlet and Piston, he's just lame.
Not to to mention Claptrap is a 100 times more annoying here than ever before and Hammerlock is just dull, in my opinion anyway.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

To answer your question: no, he isn't worth the massive eridium price. He doesn't even drop seraph crystals

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
He does drop the chopper which is worth it imo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Judge Tesla posted:

I feel like this DLC doesn't have the Wow factor, that the first two did, the main villain, Professor Nakyama is simply rubbish, I suppose the joke is, is that he's super terrified of you and that's hilarious, but compared to Captain Scarlet and Piston, he's just lame.
Not to to mention Claptrap is a 100 times more annoying here than ever before and Hammerlock is just dull, in my opinion anyway.

Between all this and ever enemy taking a thousand bullets to kill on TVHM it's starting to grate. Especially when you find Claptrap, since the entire leadup is a dozen badass savages (who all shriek like monkeys, holy poo poo) who smack you down the loving mountain.

The seraph thing might be interesting, but I've never killed a single 50+ boss. It's cool it has that secondary thing going, even if I'll never see it though.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

The seraph thing might be interesting, but I've never killed a single 50+ boss. It's cool it has that secondary thing going, even if I'll never see it though.

It's not. All the Seraph weapons are crap and the sheer number of times you need to farm bosses to get enough Seraph crystals to afford anything makes it a waste. Blues and purples from chests are better than Seraph weapons.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There's like 4 seraph items that are worth it but the rest is crap. The melee relic if you can get it to +35% is pretty much overkill on melee Zero and I use the HP regen one when I'm using the sniping tree. The meteor shower is a stronger bonus package and the interfacer is a poor mans conference call which is pretty drat strong. I was sorely disappointed with the hawkeye even though I got one with +600% crit damage it was nowhere near as strong as my buffalo or elephant gun.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The only Seraph boss I've made a decent stab at fighting was Hyperious, I gave up after a while since his HUGE AoE blasts were ripping me to pieces, Raid Bosses are fine in MMO's, but I don't know why they put them in Borderlands 2, and so many of them!

Yes I know BL1 had Crawmerax but he was a lot fairer than these guys.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

The only Seraph boss I've made a decent stab at fighting was Hyperious, I gave up after a while since his HUGE AoE blasts were ripping me to pieces, Raid Bosses are fine in MMO's, but I don't know why they put them in Borderlands 2, and so many of them!

Yes I know BL1 had Crawmerax but he was a lot fairer than these guys.

Hyperion has a broken Nova which will insta down you. He's probably the most unfair one.
They all have gimmicks that make fighting them easy(er) and done with groups of people. Its the fact their drops are terrible, much like the drops of everything in this game.

ConcreteHades
Dec 27, 2012
List of the most current skins and heads that I've found. Don't know if the heads pack is available on the 360 though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AhFsHQLashxcdG0zUmRFQXdia3ZHWHpFdlNPS1haT0E&toomany=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Any 360 nerds have a purple explosive damage relic they're willing to dupe? I can share some oranges and a few seraphs in exchange. For example: meteor shower, might/blood of the seraphs, evolution, and big boom blaster for Pinks. Oranges I have a lot, including a DP Unkempt Harold (Only a 48 though, drat) and Shredifiers, Legendary classmods for each class, etc. PM me or add me on XBL, gamertag is the same as my forums name.

• Locked thread