Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ahahaha those construction workers.

"Nah, that guy embedded in the wall is fine where he is. Suits Ishiyama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Shugojin posted:

That was Toujou, of course he would say that.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hilda is 16 years old? :psyduck:

Shugojin posted:

The guy who said that was Toujou.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 28, 2012

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

~Transitional Chapter~

I was sure before this that demon ages would be all ridiculous (like Beel would be actually be 20-something in human years because aging works different in hell) but I guess this works too.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh hey so it is. Serves me right for not zooming in the first time I guess!

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
That kid looks like a young Kim Jong Il.

KoB
May 1, 2009

RipVTide posted:

Does everyone have a kid now? I fully expect a child rearing child badass at some point.

The guy thought Beel was Oga's little brother, so you can assume coolkid is his brother.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Long standing questions finally answered!

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Anyone else expecting something to happen to St Ishiyama just before they reopen Ishiyama? Nothing will really chang except all these regular kids end up walking along desolate hallways with the screams of the damned echoing around them.

Then the demons show up and some of them get a bit creeped out at all the head shaped holes in the wall because it's happened to them a few times too many.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Verizian posted:

Anyone else expecting something to happen to St Ishiyama just before they reopen Ishiyama? Nothing will really chang except all these regular kids end up walking along desolate hallways with the screams of the damned echoing around them.

Then the demons show up and some of them get a bit creeped out at all the head shaped holes in the wall because it's happened to them a few times too many.

Oga gonna blow up St. Ishiyama, making all the important characters from that school transfer to Ishiyama :getin:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Beelzebub/Vol-5-Ch-38--At-The-End-Of-Summer?id=444

Was the girl in the middle of this chapter commentating on the School's rubble ever been revealed?

If not I think she's Beel's mom with shorter hair.

Kild fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 17, 2013

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Kild posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Beelzebub/Vol-5-Ch-38--At-The-End-Of-Summer?id=444

Was the girl in the middle of this chapter commentating on the School's rubble ever been revealed?
Wasn't he actually teacher dude?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Chapter 188

http://www.mangabird.com/beelzebub-188?page=1

Ishiyama becomes a battlefield once again.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Hahaha lovin the hand drawn Zebub marks.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I love how Oga is a real connoisseur of asses from walls.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

The Fresh Prince posted:

Hahaha lovin the hand drawn Zebub marks.

It's actually just Oga's hand. He doodled on his fist with a sharpie! :haw:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love that the hole in the clock tower wall (from that time Oga punched that dude he met at the nursery school) is still there.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

JosephWongKS posted:

I love that the hole in the clock tower wall (from that time Oga punched that dude he met at the nursery school) is still there.

Well it is very... appropriate?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I give this school two issues. Three tops. :v:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/beelzebub/vTBD/c189/1.html

Natsume finally shows his stuff.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 24, 2013

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh, Oga. Please don't destroy the school a third time. I missed this setting.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Too much serious shounen action, not enough kicking of asses without concern for pacing.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Too much serious shounen action, not enough kicking of asses without concern for pacing.

It'll all be resolved in the next chapter, probably with a Rock-Paper-Scissors contest or something.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/beelzebub/vTBD/c189/1.html

Natsume finally shows his stuff.

Hell yes. I've known since the beginning that Natsume was awesome, but it was taking so long for us to actually see it that I wondered if the author forgot the stuff he set up earlier. Nice to see some payoff for that, even if it was pretty short.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Overlord K posted:

It's actually just Oga's hand. He doodled on his fist with a sharpie! :haw:

Jesus apparently Nasu did make the marks on the Zebub spell. gently caress.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/beelzebub_2/en/0/189/page/1

non lovely link

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I think everyone is missing Beel's angry eyebrows :allears:

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Shugojin posted:

I think everyone is missing Beel's angry eyebrows :allears:

I suspected he'd grow up to become Kenshiro. Now it's confirmed.

KamikaziPie
Oct 21, 2008
New chapter: http://www.mangareader.net/beelzebub/190

I want someone to sing me a lullabayo.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I can't wait to see Oga start hulking out on these fools.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I can't wait for this arc to be over already. After all the spectacles this manga has put us through, going back to "who is the biggest badass in Ishiyama" is just boring.

Edit: vvvvvv Yeah, that (demons or something being behind the new gangs) would be a nice development and put things back on track.

Rexides fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 31, 2013

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Rexides posted:

I can't wait for this arc to be over already. After all the spectacles this manga has put us through, going back to "who is the biggest badass in Ishiyama" is just boring.

This is a pretty bad example of shounen power creep if there are a dozen+ new students capable of being at the level of people who were fighting insanely powerful demons not too long ago.

I was half expecting it to be a set-up and all the new gangs would get destroyed in 1 chapter each but the set-up is dragging. I expect it to either end in 2-3 chapters or it turns out the demons amped up these people to challenge the main cast.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Rexides posted:

Edit: vvvvvv Yeah, that (demons or something being behind the new gangs) would be a nice development and put things back on track.

Yep pretty much. I was hoping we'd just get them all showing up this chapter with Oga one-shotting them as a group. I can't believe any of them are going to be sticking around long-term, considering how large the cast already is. Why do we need long rear end intros for a bunch of cannon fodder? I mean I expect this in bad manga like Naruto and Bleach, but come on.

KoB
May 1, 2009
After Oga destroys this guy, I hope it just cuts to the Touhoushinki having just laid the others out.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
With all this talk of rookies and such I feel like this manga just became a One Piece clone.

pentyne posted:

This is a pretty bad example of shounen power creep if there are a dozen+ new students capable of being at the level of people who were fighting insanely powerful demons not too long ago.

Maybe every high school in Japan is plagued by demons and crap... That's how anime depicts life there anyway.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I want to see this arc becoming a battle royal of dudes with large slabs of concrete stuck around their necks.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I hope this is all a setup for a really, really good joke.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

paragon1 posted:

I hope this is all a setup for a really, really good joke.

Hell if it results in the school getting destroyed again I'd be okay with that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oga doesn't usually use demonic powers for normal fights. He only seems invincible because it is mostly chumps who pick fights with him. Aoi and Toujou both come close to his level using entirely human skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Why do we need long rear end intros for a bunch of cannon fodder? I mean I expect this in bad manga like Naruto and Bleach, but come on.

Didn't the 19 Demon captains get a similar intro and that arc ended up being a boss rush done in 3 chapters?

• Locked thread