Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Hey Shotgun, what's your email address? I can send you my address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Bob Socko posted:

Hey Shotgun, what's your email address? I can send you my address.

Popcorncaveman at gmail

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Wait waitwaitwait.

Does this mean the camera is leaving New York?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

Wait waitwaitwait.

Does this mean the camera is leaving New York?

In theory.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

ShotgunWillie posted:

Popcorncaveman at gmail

Don't forget to send them batteries! :argh:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Great, email sent.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 6, 2013

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Movement? Signs of activity? Huzzah!

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

:( It's not that hard guys...

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
What is the code on the lock for the pelican box? I have it all packed up but have no way to lock it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

ShotgunWillie posted:

What is the code on the lock for the pelican box? I have it all packed up but have no way to lock it.

It's 1-5-1, but hey, totally understandable that you didn't have time to read the OP during the entire month you had the camera.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

lol

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
:downs:

Shipped FedEx, tracking number sent.

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Hooray! I'll update the thread when the camera arrives and we'll go from there. Estimated arrival via Fedex is next Tuesday, the 22nd.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Updated thread title to remove ShotgunWillie's shaming :v:

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark

SoundMonkey posted:

Updated thread title to remove ShotgunWillie's shaming :v:

Spoilsport.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

ShotgunWillie posted:

:downs:

Shipped FedEx, tracking number sent.

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK.

pics or it didn't happ oh who am I kidding

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Happy now, Mr. Whineypants?

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark

SoundMonkey posted:

Happy now, Mr. Whineypants?

No. :-(

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Daaaaamn, I thought we were sending it USPS. :O

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

pseudonordic posted:

Daaaaamn, I thought we were sending it USPS. :O

Well only if you want something that's faster and cheaper than fedex.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark

Mr. Despair posted:

Well only if you want something that's faster and cheaper than fedex.

$27 and 8 days vs $32 and 4 days?

What are you, a republican with that logic? USPS didn't even include tracking or insurance at that price.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

ShotgunWillie posted:

$27 and 8 days vs $32 and 4 days?

What are you, a republican with that logic? USPS didn't even include tracking or insurance at that price.

The receipt says the box size that you shipped is 10x8x5. You can get a large flat rate box that's 12" x 12" x 5-1/2" (that's inside dimensions, to boot), and it would have shipped to wherever in 2-3 days for about 17 bucks after adding on the tracking number ($15.45 + delivery com + insurance + tax).

There's a reason the USPS is losing money man.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark

Mr. Despair posted:

The receipt says the box size that you shipped is 10x8x5. You can get a large flat rate box that's 12" x 12" x 5-1/2" (that's inside dimensions, to boot), and it would have shipped to wherever in 2-3 days for about 17 bucks after adding on the tracking number ($15.45 + delivery com + insurance + tax).

There's a reason the USPS is losing money man.

Ah. Fair enough. I didn't go to a post office, because it's scary. Shipping store had no flat rate boxes.

ANYWAYS, at least it's on to the next person who will actually take some decent photos.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I'm happy to take some photos, but I never said they'd be decent.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Bob Socko posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I'm happy to take some photos, but I never said they'd be decent.

You're an honest man, Bob Socko.

At least I'm like 30% sure that you'll actually shoot a roll of ANYTHING and post the results and send the camera to its next deadbeat :v:

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 17, 2013

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
12 blurry, poorly-composed, underexposed pictures of a cat's rear end would be a huge improvement over what's been posted in this thread for the past 3 months. The bar has been lowered, sir.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

ExecuDork posted:

12 blurry, poorly-composed, underexposed pictures of a cat's rear end would be a huge improvement over what's been posted in this thread for the past 3 months. The bar has been lowered, sir.

If that's what you wanted, you should have sent it to me and the Virginia goons first.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

torgeaux posted:

If that's what you wanted, you should have sent it to me and the Virginia goons first.

Today I learned torgeaux's a cat.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

So after I take pictures of my morbidly obese cat, who is the camera going to next? Am I still giving it to Miso Beno? If not, then who?

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

Still hoping it comes to Chicago at some point for all of us here.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork come make an Executive Dorkcision on this.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I just want to make sure whomever I send it to is going to use it quickly and pass it on. I'd prefer that they're in the US so I can take advantage of USPS's flat rate box. But speed is more important, I want to reignite the spirit of this little experiment.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Bob Socko posted:

I just want to make sure whomever I send it to is going to use it quickly and pass it on. I'd prefer that they're in the US so I can take advantage of USPS's flat rate box. But speed is more important, I want to reignite the spirit of this little experiment.

Unless there's some kind of pre-defined list of who gets it when that ExecuDork has, I'd just arbitrarily select Impact Damage. Unless he doesn't think he can move it along reasonably fast.

EDIT: He seems capable of shipping gear that he's selling, at least.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

SoundMonkey posted:

ExecuDork come make an Executive Dorkcision on this.
OK. It's on (its way to) the West Coast, approximately Seattle, yes? Bob Socko, you have veto rights over any Dorkcisions, but my suggestion is across the big pond; keep it going Westwards. How insanely expensive would it be to launch it to Japan, or Australia, or Singapore? If that's outside the Oil Man's budget, then somebody Stateside willing to lob it a dozen time zones please volunteer your long-ranch launching services now.

Executive Summary:
1. The next goon on the western side of the Pacific to say they want it AND WILL POST PICTURES IN A TIMELY FASHION gets it unless Bob Socko's head explodes from the estimated shipping charges.
Note that shipping details (size, weight) are availabe in this thread, and the websites of such services as the USPS and Fedex will provide estimates given those details plus an address - just pick something anywhere in the target country, the price isn't going to vary from one neighbourhood to another on the other side of the planet. I'm going to ballpark it at $40 right now.

2. IF Bob doesn't want / can't afford to send it across the ocean, the next Amerigoon (i.e. resident in the contiguous 48, sorry AK & HI, you get the shaft again) to announce BOTH "I will ship it across either the Atlantic or the Pacific" AND "I will contribute photos with the cameras to this thread, ASAP upon receipt of camera" gets it.

Final Note: New York is excluded. It will come around, again, eventually. Possibly not until sometime in 2015, but still, it will come around.

EDIT. I just saw Bob's post above, speed is important, agreed. Sorry, brainfart.

Actual decision: Next goon on the West Coast of the USA to post "I will keep it speeding along" gets it.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I think we should keep it in the PNW for three months as a gently caress you to NYC.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
This thread is moving too fast for my decision making. That's got to be ironic or suggestive of my mental deterioration, or something.

Yes, Impact Damage gets it next, unless he announces he doesn't want the heady responsibility. Or he's blown all his money from selling gear on cocaine and prostitutes (no other "I ran out of money" excuse will count, only hookers and blow).

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

This thread is moving too fast for my decision making. That's got to be ironic or suggestive of my mental deterioration, or something.

Yes, Impact Damage gets it next, unless he announces he doesn't want the heady responsibility. Or he's blown all his money from selling gear on cocaine and prostitutes (no other "I ran out of money" excuse will count, only hookers and blow).

And any claim of that will require photographic Scarface-style evidence of the use of massive quantities of cocaine, and also receipts from the prostitutes. Yes. Get a receipt.

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!

ExecuDork posted:

Actual decision: Next goon on the West Coast of the USA to post "I will keep it speeding along" gets it.

I will keep it speeding along

Qualifications:
- I'm in SF, which is on the west coast
- I have lots of film ready
- I accept private messages.
- I live near multiple post offices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

TheLastManStanding posted:

I will keep it speeding along

Qualifications:
- I'm in SF, which is on the west coast
- I have lots of film ready
- I accept private messages.
- I live near multiple post offices

Well you seem like a nice person so would you like to have it begin its West Coast adventure with you after Impact Damage has his way with it? The next person who feels like spending an extra buck or two could send it to me for some PNW(sorta) action :v:

• Locked thread