Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
gently caress Mitchell Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
You know it's bad when you check cricinfo and they have a link to the lowest ODI totals ever made.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hyperriker posted:

gently caress Mitchell Johnson

Cementing his spot for the Ashes, mate.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Having only just seen mitchell johnson on tv for the first time this year, what the gently caress kind of hairdo is that

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Vagabundo posted:

Cementing his spot for the Ashes, mate.

I'm crying

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Cricket Australia review of its operation after the 09 Ashes has done gently caress all for the national side. Seriously John Inverarity is a dottery old idiot who should be selecting sides for his local lawn bowls club

The rest of the people on this page are clueless idiots as well: http://www.cricket.com.au/cricketaustralia/about-us/the-selectors

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Channel 9 were referencing a domestic? Australian ODI where a team defended a total of around 70. I heard Denis Lillee and Viv Richards names mentioned but does anyone have a link to this specific match?

TobyObi
Mar 7, 2005
Ain't nobody Obi like Toby ;)

Mister Chief posted:

Channel 9 were referencing a domestic? Australian ODI where a team defended a total of around 70. I heard Denis Lillee and Viv Richards names mentioned but does anyone have a link to this specific match?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/engine/match/367699.html

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh look, Aussies struggling without Mijo bowling.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Ah Warner, so hot and cold

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sri Lanka, stop being New Zealand.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

You know, if Australia could catch...

Although, if they could bat...

:smith:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
They made a meal of that but justice was done.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Well that was a mess, start to finish

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Found some highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJ2sBtp4MA

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

nzspambot posted:

gently caress yes fat bank on this poo poo

so close :boonie:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its a good thing Australia dont have to tour a country where swing bowling is incredibly prevalent eh lads?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

serious gaylord posted:

Its a good thing Australia dont have to tour a country where swing bowling is incredibly prevalent eh lads?

Gonna spend a couple of months meditating, preparing myself for Australia to be literally bowled out for 10

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Starc and Doherty are cowards, it's easy to make big runs at 9 and 11 but it's not going to win you any games. Should be 3 and 4 imo

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

The worst part of this is that some loving cock-jockey in the selection team will say 'well boys we lost by only 4 wickets. That's basically the tail and so we almost got em out! It was a close game!' and nothing will change.

gently caress this poo poo.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Nam Taf posted:

The worst part of this is that some loving cock-jockey in the selection team will say 'well boys we lost by only 4 wickets. That's basically the tail and so we almost got em out! It was a close game!' and nothing will change.

Yeah, they'll see the bowlers dominating and SL's equally bad attitude in chasing and just write it off

e: with that said though, I don't know if anyone caught Clarke's postgame interview with Mark Nicholas, holy poo poo lol

Fuckwit Nicholas hammered Clarke with multiple questions on the selection policy and Clarke was deathstaring the poo poo out of him, and loving slammed the side's play multiple times, including his own, it was really a sight to see

Hyperriker fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 18, 2013

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Nam Taf posted:

Tinkering with selections can only do so much though. Bailey has been our best batsman for 12 months and he was out first ball. Hughes made a century two games ago. You could make the argument that Clarke, Warner and Wade didn't have any recent matches under their belt so that affected their performance but Clarke was out resting his hamstring, so nothing could be done about that. If Wade and Warner weren't rested for the first two games then at some point we're expecting them to have played the 6 tests here, 10 ODI's and then the first test in India a week after the final T20 game here. Ideally Moises would not have been in the team, and it would have been Watson, but that wouldn't have mattered against a swinging ball homing in on his giant front pad.

What it comes down to really is we're poo poo at ODI's and we're even more poo poo when the ball is swinging

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

The Ashes is going to be as one sided as a gang rape.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

thehappyprince posted:

The Ashes is going to be as one sided as a gang rape.

gently caress you man, unless this is a reference I don't get, even then still gently caress you.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hahahah.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Heard a good yarn tonight on the piss about how Clarke was a oval office to Hussey after his last match

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Well he was a bit of a oval office when he ran him out during the match

Centusin fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 18, 2013

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Starc and Doherty are cowards, it's easy to make big runs at 9 and 11 but it's not going to win you any games. Should be 3 and 4 imo

:golfclap:

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'd like to point out that I never said Clarke was a coward, Australians themselves did that. Very telling.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
If the captain isn't a oval office, what hope does the rest of the side have? He's just keeping up his end

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Professor X, proud owner of a daddy ten

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel RichTea posted:

I'd like to point out that I never said Clarke was a coward, Australians themselves did that. Very telling.

The insecurity of the aussies is getting pretty hilarious tbh. They're going to lash out then vanish for the entirety of the series.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

serious gaylord posted:

The insecurity of the aussies is getting pretty hilarious tbh. They're going to lash out then vanish for the entirety of the series.

Can't tell if you're talking about posters here or the Australian players.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Captain Matchbox posted:

Heard a good yarn tonight on the piss about how Clarke was a oval office to Hussey after his last match
I'd be interested to know this story

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Hussey deserves it for putting the IPL ahead of his own country.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

I was watching the highlights of the ODI and there was another big moment of cheating from the Aussies.

A Sri Lankan bowler bowls a great bouncer that clearly hits Starc's glove and then ricochet's off his helmet and the fielder takes a simle catch. Starc takes off his helmet and smilingly waves it towards the umpire to dupe him.

There's going to be a lot of this nonsense from them during the Ashes. Hope the ICC choose strong umpires.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I wasn't really paying attention but wasn't hotspot run over it and it missed his gloves.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

I watched the highlights and from the camera angle it looked quite obvious Starc gloved it and Mark Taylor was in booth shouting "AHHH, THAT'S HIT HIS GLOVE. IT LOOKS LIKE IT HIT HIS GLOVE"

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
They showed replays and it clearly hit Starc in the helmet without touching his gloves, it left a big dent in his helmet and everybody was praising reiffel for the good decision.

Centusin fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Quanta posted:

I was watching the highlights of the ODI and there was another big moment of cheating from the Aussies.

A Sri Lankan bowler bowls a great bouncer that clearly hits Starc's glove and then ricochet's off his helmet and the fielder takes a simle catch. Starc takes off his helmet and smilingly waves it towards the umpire to dupe him.

There's going to be a lot of this nonsense from them during the Ashes. Hope the ICC choose strong umpires.

Thanks for pointing this out. We really need to be keeping an eye out for this sort of thing, especially with such a big year coming up.

• Locked thread