Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
^^He's a pit bull. Check out the bully breed thread. 40 pounds and lacking extreme musculature and a giant chest is all normal for a pit bull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agarjogger
May 16, 2011
This is my Portuguese Water Dog Charlie, eight years old. He just finished tossing that fish around the kitchen and pouncing on it by himself. Is he happy or bored? I don't know, he gets 45 min of walk a day and I can't do much more for him no matter how much of a puppy he is. He is also very much like a cat. He rubs on my legs, swats at everything with his paws, and shakes his butt when he's feeling proud.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
We recently got a dog from the shelter, a Rottweiler mix who we have called Ada. She's super cute, but unfortunately super afraid of strangers (except us now). They didn't have much information on her as the person who surrendered her gave them nothing, but they said that judging by the look of her nipples that she was most likely a breeder dog (can you tell something like that just by looking at her). She came with a lot of emotional baggage it seems, but she's slowly getting better, learning to play and beginning to trust strangers, my girlfriends Mum has become a favourite (only after buttering her up with Christmas ham and turkey). Anyways, she settled in very well after a disastrous trip home (she poo poo and pissed everywhere in the car) and now I can't imagine life without her.

The day we brought her back, still slightly drugged and very afraid

The same night, after she got the courage to come outside and check out her new place

We let her do whatever she wanted that first night

This is about a month later, hanging out with my brothers dog in the backyard

Hanging out in her favourite spot under the apple tree

Enjoying listening to some records with me

Still listening

flemingo
Jan 16, 2013
I recently got a cat from a foster home. Story behind it goes that a homeless man took her to a well-known cat foster-home and the lady who runs it happens to be a good friend of my mother-in-law. She was there for almost two weeks when we adopted her, and the vet said she was about 30 days old when we first took her (the next day) so she may have been abandoned by her mother. Her name is Reese as she has the chocolate and peanut butter colors. Her fur was really thin when we first got her and since it has since thickened up a bit and turns out she has some orange in her as well. Shes insanely curious and being so young very loving towards us, and like all cats incredibly curious.

Did I mention she's curious?

flemingo fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 18, 2013

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Took Jet out in the snow today:

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

Raikiri posted:

Took Jet out in the snow today:

Is that a Belgian Shepherd? Gorgeous :swoon:

This is Tig.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Jess

Lola

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Solus M.D. posted:

Is that a Belgian Shepherd? Gorgeous :swoon:

This is Tig.

Yeah, well a cross Belgian/German shepherd.

Raikiri fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 18, 2013

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Please come to the GSD thread and post one million photos of your gorgeous dog.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
It is important to ensure the colours of one's pet blend pleasingly with the colours of one's bedcovers.

Piisamirotta
Oct 30, 2012

This is Rölli. He is about 9 months old, and likes to chew the toes of sleeping people.

Here are some bonus shots of him ruining christmas. My girlfriend and I didn't think it would be possible for him to wreck a tree like that, but the cat was dead set on proving us wrong.

Lucky for him he is a cute little cat so the tree was removed to the balcony and not him.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Here is a video of Union running around in the snow! (maybe 30 seconds in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i4OfhiCMjw

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Here are two pictures of Fred. I've had him for 23 years, and I have to put him to sleep tomorrow.

and here he is, happy as a clam on my shoulder

Gonna miss the hell out of this little guy.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
We've had our older cat for about 7 years (he is posted in an older thread as a kitten), and just got two new kittens. We figured since our house is roomy, they could have a lot of space to roam and play in, and so far it's working out well.

Here's the older cat, aptly named "Kitty".

Here's the male kitten we just got from Vancouver's kitten rescue. His name is "Radagast".

And finally his sister, "Granny Weatherwax".

The older cat seems to love the female kitten, but has a power play issue with Radagast. There's some (not all the time) hissing, swatting, and huffing going on from the older cat, but we're learning that's normal. The kittens have their own room during the day when we're at work. When we get home, we've slowly been introducing the older cat to the younger ones, and for the last two nights have supervised visits with all three in our living room. This goes for an hour or two. Then the cat goes to the mancave in the basement to watch hockey or whatever with my other half, and the kittens roam around upstairs with me. At night the kittens go into their room and so far have been good about just being quiet at night.

The kittens are super sweet. Their mother was killed in a car accident when they were two weeks old, so they were bottlefed and lived in a foster home. They are very cuddly around people and each other. Here's to hoping our male cat gets his dominance issues sorted out and stops being a brat soon so they can all get along.

Edit: Bassguitarhero, I am so sorry. :(

Jenny of Oldstones fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 24, 2013

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
This is Nepeta. She was brought home from an animal shelter about a year and a half ago. She was found roaming the streets and was at the shelter for almost a month, probably about to be put down. She reached her paw out towards me and came home. She was really quiet at first; her meow sounded like a broken squeaker toy, and her purr (when she finally started making it) I can only describe as 'rusty'. Now she is a mouthy kitty who tears across the living room at all hours of the day and night, and curls up between my knees at night to steal my warms.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Maize

DSC_2875.jpg by meramsey, on Flickr

Squirrel

DSC_2805.jpg by meramsey, on Flickr

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Here's a pic of my stupid cat I took two minutes ago

SSDDR
Aug 3, 2004

I don't know if I can handle this, y'know?
Grimey Drawer
My cat, Quicksilver. He has this odd habit of rotating in his bed throughout the night, until he is totally outside of it

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
This is Tačka (Paws is probably a good translation), sleeping after our long first day together. We got her from a shelter yesterday and she's about two months old. She's curious, cuddly and doesn't seem to be afraid of anything save the blowdrier and even that only annoys her if you turn it on her. I've no idea what sort of mix she is, probably at least some pitbull in her.

PBlueKan
Jul 12, 2011
This is Kalo, he's about 1 year and 8 months now. Not so happy here.

Much happier.

Sorry for the lovely cell picture quality.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
This is Dexter, also known as just about the best thing to ever happen to me! He's a 2 year old Beagle mutt of some sort. No idea. He's a shelter rescue we got little over a year ago now.

He's the cutest, sweetest, good natured, behaved, and fun dog I could have ever hoped for. He's got the most emotive little face and ears. The only trouble about him really is that he starves for affection/attention a good deal. But it doesn't bother us for the most part, because we are utterly obsessed with him to the point of sheer lunacy. Plus, when he really needs to behave and keep to himself he's a good boy. If it was up to him though, he would always be either playing with you, cuddling you, or sitting calmly next to you getting pet, and then if you stop petting for even a moment, reaching out with his paws or nuzzling under your hand to gently demand you get back to work giving him love!

This little guy is my best buddy in the world, and is up for most anything. Some of his favorite things are chewing stuff like his bone or many chew toys, long walks/hikes or just running around a backyard like crazy chasing me around, cuddling, sleeping in, tug of war, playing catch, and tearing apart soft toys and ripping out the fluffy filling. My god he loves that. Any soft cushy toy becomes a floppy bag within a week. He loves tearing out that stuff like guts. Also food. Food is the most important thing in the world to Dexter. Dexter has dedicated his life to the never ending Quest For More Food. He's kept on a diet of the good stuff though so he's one healthy guy. He's seriously athletic and constantly surprises me with his speed and agility. He's fast as hell and can jump a mile. Hard to keep up with him when he gets super excited!

I love the little dude, and am literally unable to be unhappy around him. Anyway, thought I'd share him with you all.

I leave you with a picture of my Mother's little Yorkie. I poofed out her face hair for this one. She's cute in her funny little Yorkie way.

Damo fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 3, 2013

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
So, I got a new camera, yay! As a result, I've decided to snap a few pictures of my cats (Rudy and Molly). My girlfriend also took a picture of her cat (Slinky). I figured that you guys would also like to see them. Rudy has gotten older since the last time I posted a lot of his pictures here -- he is nearly 9 years old now! Anyways, here go the pictures:

Rudy by mrmoose007, on Flickr

Molly by mrmoose007, on Flickr

Slinky by mrmoose007, on Flickr

Rudy, Stoner Cat Extraordinaire by mrmoose007, on Flickr

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
My two short-tailed opossums, Cleopatra and Poe. :)

NickBlasta fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 4, 2013

OPERATE MACHINERY
Nov 11, 2012

OPERATE MACHINERY fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 2, 2015

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Animals incoming!

This is over 20 years old photo of our cat Asia and her kitten Vegard.
I liked that cat, she used to guard me when I was an infant.

This is my new kitten few months ago. She's pretty calm considering that she was here for just few hours.

Here's she now.

This is not exactly my animal, but it's my 2nd cousin's dog Bárt.
We are best buddies and he's a very smart and friendly dog.

I already posted this foto in PYF Cats some time ago, but here's it again for animal completion.
This is my old Maine Coon cat Katango. Despite his looks :cheeky: he's pretty serious all the time.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
This is my cat Bijoux.

Sometimes she's more ring-tailed lemur than cat.

She looks hilariously grumpy on camera.

Action shot.

mrae
Feb 6, 2013
My retired racing greyhound, Wilma.

Warming herself by the fire.

She loves to bury herself in her comforter.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Another picture of Slinky because cat pictures rock:

slinky2 by mrmoose007, on Flickr

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Devo went to the dog park for the first time and did wonderful, definitely will be going again soon. Unfortunately she spent most of the time next to me or hiding behind other dogs so I only got one good photo. It was pretty quiet at lunch, just a professional dog walker and her crew, and a few old ladies and one of my coworkers with his dog Dexter (I need to get pics of Dexter jumping up from four-on-the-floor to shoulder height)

...So instead here is me torturing her by making her sit on a footstool in front of my revolving pile of crap while we were watching Game of Thrones.

...And a rest in the lobby after a tough day at the office with me.

:frog:

"Do we have to go to work today, too!?"

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

This is Pal, my wife and I's new dog. This is our third night with him and he's doing great so far. He's a 4(?) year old German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix, and he has the best temperament I've ever seen. You can't really tell from the picture, but he's a pretty big dog (as you'd guess from the mix) - he weighed in at 49 pounds, and he has a lot of filling in to do. I'd guess he'll get up to at least 60 pounds once he hits a healthy weight.

We got him from the city shelter where we both live, and we're actually his third (and last :colbert: ) adopters. He originally came to the shelter because his original owner (an elderly man) passed away. His next set of owners lived on a farm or something. He ran away very quickly (I think on the first night? I'm not sure. They didn't have closed-in fencing and kept him outside). After several weeks, he eventually turned up at the doorstep of his original deceased owner's house, which was almost 20 miles away. The next adopters returned him because he wasn't housebroken, which is kind of true - from what I can tell, I think he was mostly a yard dog for the first owner: he definitely understands that he's not supposed to go to the bathroom inside, but he doesn't quite know what to do when we take him out for his bathroom trips now (we're in an apartment). We've had one accident but he's definitely learning and eager to please, so I'm not worried about it.

We learned a lot about him from the animal services officer who was there when we came to visit. She was actually the one who had retrieved him from the original house, and she told us how he was in his owner's bedroom - where the owner was laying in his bed - growling and barking at everyone. And this is all while we're visiting him and seeing how docile he naturally is; I've never seen a dog take a treat out of my hand so gently. He had bonded with her and they actually let him lay around behind the desk with whoever was there at the time.

We can tell he's going to take a while to fully trust us and bond with us - and I don't blame him given his history, but he's awesome. We're both introverts and he's pretty much an introvert dog, so he's a perfect fit. I don't think he would've done well in a big family with kids and such.

We live across the street from a dog park so I can't wait to take him there (after several weeks of course) to see how he does. :)

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

mrae posted:

She loves to bury herself in her comforter.

Aw what a cutie! Union hates being covered up. Hugs for all the pretty greyhounds. :]

Oops I forgot which thread I was in!

I'm very cruel to my ladies, I've taught them to be fierce, hungry beasts.

skoolmunkee fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 10, 2013

LegatusP
Jan 4, 2013

Daisy being a capitalist dog.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Kitten (Pringle) and superfat cat (Gobi) havin' a cuddle.

And a short video of Pringle. Sorry in advance for cell phone camera and shaky filming.

Kitten loves ice-maker, ice makes best toy(s).

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Photos of dogs! Photos of my dogs! Cohen and Mega!

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
This is Omar.

We just moved to North Carolina.

But he wasn't very happy with my new job.

So I brought him home a friend.

This is Chaime. She's pretty.

They hit it off.

And now they're both exhausted all the time.

But at least they're happy :)

pinnygogs
Feb 13, 2013
These are my two guinea pigs, Casey and Rufus.

Despite what basic Latin knowledge and commmon sense might suggest, Rufus is not, in fact, the red one.

Rufus is loud, stinky, and skittish, and his favorite things to do are wheek in the middle of the night and to climb onto my shoulders to try and make a nest in my hair.

Casey is a punkass and he enjoys bossing around my roommate's two large dogs: a Doberman and a mastiff mix. He also likes scent marking everything, which means I learned the hard way that it's not a good idea to let him crawl around on my bed.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

pinnygogs posted:

Casey is a punkass and he enjoys bossing around my roommate's two large dogs: a Doberman and a mastiff mix.

Please post a video of this.

Photo content: Fiona enjoys belly rubs in the window seat.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I too want to see a video of a guinea pig bossing around ANYTHING (except me. Mine boss me around all the time.)

PIG PILE. Due to the awkward angle they look gigantic. Apologies for quality but I was reaching around with my phone trying to get a picture while they were piled up because they sure don't put up with that for long.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Look at dis creamsicle flavored catte.

He is doing well after having 18 tumors removed from his ear... if you look hard you can tell his right is shaved. Mir seems to be doing fine otherwise though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Luke & Leia outside yesterday morning in the yard.

• Locked thread