Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco

fordham posted:

Does that thing really have a replaceable cylinder? Like a semi truck engine?

The light grey "middle part" of the motor is the cylinder on that bike. Usually fairly easy to replace on a single cylinder dirt bike.

Here's my link, critique away: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/3446704693.html

I know it's priced high, but it looks like it's too high for any interest. Do you guys have better luck pricing things higher than you want, or say firm on your asking price? Everyone on craigslist wants to haggle so I try to give myself some wiggle room.

While I'm asking, should I put more info about the work done or try to simplify it? When the motor has been "worked on", it turns off a lot of people. It seems like very few craigslist buyers even read the whole ad or care, in my experience. Dealing with craigslist crazies is usually the worst part of these projects. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
07 SV650 with ABS for sale in San Francisco

:(

My right wrist is hurting more and more every day, to the point where I just can't ride anymore without risking being unable to play bass, and that can't happen.

I know it's priced high, but it's in line with every other SV in the bay area and none of those have ABS.

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 21, 2012

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

ought ten fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 8, 2013

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

ought ten posted:

Selling a Deltran Battery Tender Junior: http://batterytender.com/products/motorcycle/battery-tender-junior-12v-at-0-75a.html

I bought this six months ago and it works great, but I need to upgrade to a 2-bank charger. Should have anticipated this. Anyway, if your bike is going to sit over the winter do yourself a favor and pick this up.

$25

I know it lists for $40, but you should probably at least undercut Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tende...er%C2%AE+Junior

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

fordham posted:

I know it lists for $40, but you should probably at least undercut Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tende...er%C2%AE+Junior

That tender is $60 in Canada for some reason, and .com won't ship it to Canada. Stupid borders.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

ChewedFood fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 27, 2021

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I've got my SV650 in Rochester up for sale - I actually bought it from some guy in Albany - but I'm looking for $1500 there. What is your definition of "heavily modified"?

It's got an issue with the exhaust system (a leak somewhere) right now, and could use a bit of cleaning up (new headlight, touch-up of the frame's paint job).

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 3, 2013

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

ChewedFood fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 27, 2021

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

the walkin dude posted:

I've got my SV650 in Rochester up for sale - I actually bought it from some guy in Albany - but I'm looking for $1500 there. What is your definition of "heavily modified"?

It's got an issue with the exhaust system (a leak somewhere) right now, and could use a bit of cleaning up (new headlight, touch-up of the frame's paint job).

I liked that headlight.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie

the walkin dude posted:

I might want that if you could meet me halfway. You should make a post for it if you haven't already (checked back a few pages and didn't see it).

Also for anybody interested I'm now taking trades +/- cash if felt necessary for this 83 vt750. Looking for a commuter that I can kick the crap out of and gets 200+ miles to a tank. Versys/v-Strom/sv650 and to a lesser degree a ninja 250 but I plan to a put a lot of highway miles on so they're not terribly high on the want list. The earlier (and Chitown located) strom would be ideal but 4k is more than I'm looking to spend. Rough and wrecked is fine so long as it's cheap and doesn't have more than 1k worth of parts required to get it road ready.

If anybody is wondering why I'm not just keeping the Shadow for this purpose the answer lies in it's 110-120 to reserve light on the piddly 2 gallon tank it has equipped, and an itch for something I haven't been riding for the last 6 years. If you want to wait until Spring I'll travel up to 200 miles outside Chicago to snag/trade it. Ideally to ride mine there and yours back but if your bike is not able to take a minor road trip without work I do have a trailer I could use.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Weird, I just left Arlington Heights after a few days of vacationing there. My post is here. Unfortunately, after 7 years of going back and forth to Chicagoland via car, I'm not keen on driving the same route again any time soon.

The BMW headlight is pretty nice, but the Buell duallies has it beat in aesthetics for me. If I end up owning the bike into summer, I'll be going after it with a new Buell headlight. The previous owner even asked me to sell him that headlight after I'm done with it.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

the walkin dude posted:

If I end up in NY this Summer I will buy the hell out of that bike (if you still have it.)

edit: It's listed in NYC as both a 250 and a 600, each posts on the same day, and clearly of the same bike.

vs Dinosaurs fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 3, 2013

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
EDIT: Sold locally.

Minty Swagger fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 12, 2013

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

My SV650s is up for sale again.

Cycle Asylum take $200 off the price for all the help I have gotten from these forums.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/3552254379.html

schreibs fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 17, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Good deal. Would point some friends at it if you werent all the way across the country :)

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Z3n posted:

Good deal. Would point some friends at it if you werent all the way across the country :)

Its not too high? The last two people come to look at it told me they liked it but found bikes for nearly $500 cheaper.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

schreibs posted:

Its not too high? The last two people come to look at it told me they liked it but found bikes for nearly $500 cheaper.

I hope you told them that they were more than welcome to go buy those then.

And if they found others cheaper, why bother looking. Craigslist loves it's idiots.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

schreibs posted:

I tried to pester one of my friends into buying it and doing a fly and ride, but he wants to wait a bit and get a Ducati.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

schreibs posted:

Theyre idiots, thats a very fair price. If they found a gen 2 sv for 1500 then thats a screamer of a deal.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Z3n posted:

Theyre idiots, thats a very fair price. If they found a gen 2 sv for 1500 then thats a screamer of a deal.

Last guy said it was a triumph sprint for $1500, never heard of that bike but when I looked at it I saw a ton of similarities with the SV so assumed it was about the same. It had less miles but was also older so I figured they would equal out at price point.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
I picked up an '06 SV with 17k on it in similar condition for a KILLER DEAL a few weeks back. I paid $2200. This was in Houston.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

schreibs posted:

Last guy said it was a triumph sprint for $1500, never heard of that bike but when I looked at it I saw a ton of similarities with the SV so assumed it was about the same. It had less miles but was also older so I figured they would equal out at price point.

Not nearly as reliable. Parts are more expensive, less aftermarket, finicky electronics. Not really comparable.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

ChewedFood fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 27, 2021

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Yep, still have it, sitting all pretty in storage. It's a pretty good replacement for a dirt bike (with the right mods) :v:

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Selling some gear I No longer use. Feel free to ask any questions on the stuff and make an offer, this is a copy/paste from my craigslist post.

Firstgear Motorcycle jacket -Black leather - great condition, has elbow and shoulder armor built into the jacket for protection in a crash. Size 46. - $50

All other items are sold!

Minty Swagger fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 20, 2013

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

BotchedLobotomy posted:

Selling some gear I No longer use. Feel free to ask any questions on the stuff and make an offer, this is a copy/paste from my craigslist post.

Willing to go $50 on the gloves and boots? I get weary about buying poo poo online without trying it on for size, but for the right price, I'll take a shot.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
I'll take the a* pants!

estobandc at gmail dot com for shipping details.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
How tall is tall on the Joe Rocket pants? I'm 5'11" or so.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
@wrangler - I've got about half an inch on you in height and they fit me well. They're long off the bike so it will bag up around your boot a bit but when you're in a riding position the knee armor sits right on my knees.

@othod0ks - since you're buying them as a set I'm ok with that. paypal is XXX, send me the address you want it to go to.

@Mcqueen - Sounds good, paypal address is above, just include shipping address on your payment.

Minty Swagger fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 18, 2015

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

BotchedLobotomy posted:

@othod0ks - since you're buying them as a set I'm ok with that. paypal is botchedlobotomy@yahoo.com, send me the address you want it to go to.

Done, thank you much.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
I finally joined the 21st century and bought a 2010 Yamaha FJR1300.

Anyway, as a result I'll be listing my 1981 Honda CB900 Custom for sale come spring, but I figured I put it here first.

The Good:
-Only 35k miles (the title says the odometer wrapped around, but it's not true)
-Pretty decent 2-up riding (comfy sissy bar).
-Tires decent
-Brakes in good shape.
-Nice Vetter hard saddlebags

The Not so good:
-Has a lame cylinder (loss of compression) - power is fine >2500 rpms, little doggy below that. (also is annoying to start when cold)
-Leaks oil (from lame cylinder and gearcase) - I top it off every 500 miles.

I'm thinking I'll list it for $1000 obo. For a goon I'll take $750 and I have access to a trailer so I'll deliver within reason.

I live on the CT Shoreline near New Haven. I could also get a front fairing for it as well.

Edit: Pic posted.

fordham fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 17, 2013

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

fordham posted:

I finally joined the 21st century and bought a 2010 Yamaha FJR1300.

Anyway, as a result I'll be listing my 1981 Honda CB900 for sale come spring, but I figured I put it here first.

The Good:
-Only 35k miles (the title says the odometer wrapped around, but it's not true)
-Pretty decent 2-up riding.

The Not so good:
-Has a lame cylinder (loss of compression) - power is fine >2500 rpms, little doggy below that. (also is annoying to start when cold)
-Leaks oil (from lame cylinder and gearcase) - I top it off every 500 miles.

I'm thinking I'll list it for $1000 obo. For a goon I'll take $750 and I have access to a trailer so I'll deliver within reason.

I live on the CT Shoreline near New Haven. I can post pics if anyone is interested. I could also get a front fairing for it as well.

Always post pics.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Always post pics.

Agreed, because whether or not its the cruiser edition will determine whether or not its worth $1000

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

BotchedLobotomy posted:

@wrangler - I've got about half an inch on you in height and they fit me well. They're long off the bike so it will bag up around your boot a bit but when you're in a riding position the knee armor sits right on my knees.

You willing to do $35 shipped?

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Since I have to eat the paypal feels and shipping costs I'm going to stick at 40 for now, I'll let you know if I change my mind.

thanks!

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
OK, I can do $40 shipped. Paypal address?

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Botchedlobotomy at yahoo dot com. thanks!

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

BotchedLobotomy posted:

Botchedlobotomy at yahoo dot com. thanks!

Sent, and emailed you my address separately because I forgot to include it.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
I just listed my brand new in box Gro Pro 3 White with remote for sale in SA-Mart: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3529029

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
All packages sent, I'm coordinating with Monkey Wrangler on a local delivery and I'll email confirmation #s to the shipped packages.