Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

The Sin of Onan posted:

The robots whisper in binary :allears:
They're saying "blah blah". :engleft:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Everything about the second panel is the best.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Daww, Shadow. :3:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Two things to gather from this page: One is that robot was indeed a crazy heretical preacher before his meeting with Annie and Kat, and second is that the beleif in the Angel is something the other robots seem to give credit to. And it's The Angel, which hint's it's not just a short hand for some divine messenger, but a divinity onto itself. So, how is Kat going to prove that?

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Deal with it smugly.

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 18, 2013

mjau
Aug 8, 2008
I love this page

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
This is such an amazing page. All the callbacks (football head annie wanted poster is amazing). And Rey's little knowing smirk.

I do find the implication that Robot was known for this before interesting though. What if Kat isn't the Angel or doesn't perform the test properly. What then? :ohdear:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Krabkolash posted:

This is such an amazing page. All the callbacks (football head annie wanted poster is amazing). And Rey's little knowing smirk.

I do find the implication that Robot was known for this before interesting though. What if Kat isn't the Angel or doesn't perform the test properly. What then? :ohdear:

Then I guess Annie turns the rest of the robots off so she's not late for her appointment.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

SerSpook posted:

Then I guess Annie turns the rest of the robots off so she's not late for her appointment.

Sure. But I mean even still wouldn't that just mean they're gonna hunt for Robot even more and everything will turn into Benny Hill style chases.

Thinking about it, I might just be okay with that.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Renard's face, dear god :lol:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Every expression on this page is solid gold.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Dogdoo 8 posted:

Love the callback to football head Annie.

Except by chapter 12 her head was mostly not a football, but it still got a laugh out of me.

The other implication here is that the robots don't have photographic memories, but we know that to be false thanks to WitnessBot. Granted the wanted poster could look like that because they realized she must have been a robot since she wouldn't have been in the robots' place otherwise.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Brightman posted:

The other implication here is that the robots don't have photographic memories, but we know that to be false thanks to WitnessBot.

WitnessBot is built to witness, but that is not necessarily true of the other robots.

LooseLeafTea
Oct 17, 2012

Well, what do you say?
Here's a thing:

Is that any use to anyone? I'm new to this avatar lark and still haven't decided on one for myself, but this made me giggle over my lunch...

Edit: Beaten! Dammit...

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Cat Mattress posted:

WitnessBot is built to witness, but that is not necessarily true of the other robots.
Good point.

There was also that little robot that Diego built for Jeanne that could not only remember/witness things perfectly but also project them...man, that's really creepy now that I think about it. "Here's a tiny robot for you Jeanne. What's it do? Oh, it certainly doesn't record everything it sees to later be projected on a wall in video, certainly nothing like that."

I think I'll continue thinking that it was just a case of the SketchArtistBot listening to the DoorBot and PervBot's description with the preconceived notion that it was a robot that broke S13 out of robo-jail.

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

Brightman posted:

Except by chapter 12 her head was mostly not a football, but it still got a laugh out of me.

The other implication here is that the robots don't have photographic memories, but we know that to be false thanks to WitnessBot. Granted the wanted poster could look like that because they realized she must have been a robot since she wouldn't have been in the robots' place otherwise.

Well Witnessbot's video was all green tinted so maybe robots see things in less colour and so she looked more like a robot?

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Robot annie is the best robot.

The only way I can think of for Kat to prove she is "The Angel" would be to bring back one of the original models again, but then I don't know if she would be willing to do that.

Or she must be "The Angel" because robots can't lie! :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Holy poo poo, it's even football-shaped.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Robots are not very clever.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
It'll be interesting to see if Kat is willing to play along if she think's it'll save Robot. She hasn't really paid much attention to the whole Angel thing, either shrugging it off or ignoring it when she encounters it. But I doubt she wants to actually play the role and it's probably only now that she's realizing how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

This does put Kat into a corner. Either she refuses and something happens to Robot (or Annie just keeps knocking them out, but they'll keep hunting Robot) and these robots have proof, however tangential, that she is not the Angel...

or she goes along with it and proves herself the Angel, in which case it seems likely that the skeptics within the robot community might be swayed, leaving a unified religious cult behind her as The Angel.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I love the little details that Tom puts into the art. Like the drop of sweat running down Annie's face as she considers the wanted poster.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Conot posted:

or she goes along with it and proves herself the Angel, in which case it seems likely that the skeptics within the robot community might be swayed, leaving a unified religious cult behind her as The Angel.

If she proves herself to be the Angel, I would expect that to have some weird aetheric effects. Sort of like how you have to accept a gift from coyote. I don't really have any good evidence behind this, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the case.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Football shaped Robo-Annie.
I'm curious as to what exactly Kat will do. She probably doesn't want to be the Robo-Messiah but Robot may actually be in danger...

Wikiman
May 30, 2011
This is the best page.
I'm kinda wondering what the angel really is. Like what she's supposed to do.
Robots don't really seem to be planning to rule the world or anything, so I kinda wonder what they'd need a leader/god figure for.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Faraday Cage posted:

They're saying "blah blah". :engleft:

That's the literal translation of the binary? Awesome.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Wikiman posted:

This is the best page.
Robots don't really seem to be planning to rule the world or anything, so I kinda wonder what they'd need a leader/god figure for.

My guess? To make the next generation of robots; ones that grow and move like humans. CYLONS.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Wikiman posted:

This is the best page.

To explain the unexplainable. Stuff like deep, philosophical questions, like "why is Boxbot so terrible".

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Wikiman posted:

This is the best page.

It could be an etheric thing, though strangely limited (why can Zimmy see Kat that way but not Annie when she's projecting?). The robots might therefore see her as a bridge to having a more human, etherically-connected perspective. After all, she was the one they specifically asked to explain their creator's actions/feelings toward Jeanne.

If true, that could also make her a very credible candidate for the next medium...

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Cabbit posted:

To explain the unexplainable. Stuff like deep, philosophical questions, like "why is Boxbot so terrible".
Kat will turn boxbot awesome, thus proving her divine status.

and nothing in this page wasn't great.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
The especially cool pages are always on Friday. drat this extra day of waiting. :negative:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Numero6 posted:

Kat will turn boxbot awesome

by nailing him to the top of Robox. FUSION!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfUTihyusSg

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think this is really kind of a tipping point in the story; Kat's essentially being forced accept and legitimize her position as the robots' object of worship (or toss Robot aside, which obviously isn't going to happen). And she didn't even know that it was a thing before just now. Things are going to get really weird, really fast for Kat.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think this is really kind of a tipping point in the story; Kat's essentially being forced accept and legitimize her position as the robots' object of worship (or toss Robot aside, which obviously isn't going to happen). And she didn't even know that it was a thing before just now. Things are going to get really weird, really fast for Kat.

Well, she sort of knew it was a thing. Though I guess she never pressed them for details.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Drakyn posted:

Well, she sort of knew it was a thing. Though I guess she never pressed them for details.

"Oh Gunnerkrigg links. I'm sure this will only take a second, I'll just read these references, nod, and move on."

30 minutes later.

"Dammit...it happened again. You win this time Gunnerkrigg!" :arghfist::v:

Consequently I got distracted and read Red Gets a Name again, so it's really all my fault.

In doing so I got a kick out of Jonesy appreciating Shadow's uniqueness on the train over to Foley.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Re-reading through the archives (ONCE AGAIN) I gotta give props to Tom for actually writing Spanish correctly. I know it's hard sometimes since the small differences are a bitch and a half, but I think I only saw one syntax error in all of Paz's scenes. :golfclap:

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Looking back at when they first bust Robot out, he has the Bismuth symbol on his chip. We see it again later in the same chapter, but do we ever see any other robot's cpu for comparison?

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
I assume that's the court symbol, so I'd be stunned if everything court related didn't have it somewhere.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Maybe Robot will upload zimmyeyes.exe to his captors and poo poo will Get Real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Maybe Robot will upload zimmyeyes.exe to his captors and poo poo will Get Real.

No they can probably already see what Zimmy saw. That's why they say Kat may only look like an angel.