Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
God forbid a team chose an ex-player capped by Argentina 20 times to manage them over Dean loving Windass.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Weaponized Cum posted:

God forbid a team chose an ex-player capped by Argentina 20 times to manage them over Dean loving Windass.

You really need over 90 caps for Argentina before you're properly respected as a manager

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

Scott Bakula posted:

You really need over 90 caps for Argentina before you're properly respected as a manager

Didn't do a lot of good for Maradona tbh

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
He's clearly talking about those bloody foreigners who just swan in and ignore the rules because "We don't need no stinking badge(r)s!"

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...ernandes-011713

quote:

Loic Remy revealed a game of FIFA 12 with Queens Park Rangers chairman Tony Fernandes confirmed his decision to move to Loftus Road.

The 26-year-old Frenchman agreed to a 4 1/2-year deal with the R's on Wednesday, after manager Harry Redknapp secured the striker for a club-record fee.

Speaking to the club's official website, Remy revealed a four-hour talk with Fernandes regarding his future ended in a game of FIFA 12, sealing the deal at Loftus Road.

"It was a special moment that followed our chat about QPR," Remy said. "We just played a game of FIFA — it was good and showed to me what a good person Tony is.

"He showed his human side to me as an owner of the club I wanted to join. It was a special moment for us both."

R's CEO Philip Beard added: "They had great fun, but Tony told me he let him win!

"But in all seriousness, it was a great way for them to get to know each other better. Loic was Harry's No. 1 target and we're delighted we've been able to pull this deal off.

"There was a lot of interest in him from other clubs, because he is one of the hottest properties in Europe, so the fact we've managed to sign him is incredible."

Beard added: "This move isn't motivated by money.

"Loic has a passion and desire to achieve in his career and similar to (Julio) Cesar, he wanted to be part of our project. We know we haven't achieved our goals so far this season, but he wanted to come in and help us build for the future.

"Tony is remarkable, he never gives up - that is his style - and he is as delighted as anyone that we've got this deal done."

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffXVAohHFws

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Anything that makes Ian Holloway mad is a good thing

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Ian Holloway owns

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
That snow man is abominable aughhhh yeah folks

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

T. Mascis posted:

That snow man is abominable aughhhh yeah folks

What a pile of poo poo.

Oh look, a snowman!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Arbeloa tweets/instagrams the most random stuff

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Hegav posted:

Arbeloa tweets/instagrams the most random stuff

He's a massive nerd with the money to indulge it though. If I recall correctly he tweeted pics of himself with replica swords from Lord of the Rings when the movies came out.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
What in the world

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/292350820937261058

quote:

I'm leaving twitter for personal reasons. Thanks all.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Here's the message Nigel Adkins left

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

loving booooooo, I hope he wasn't hacked. He was a very good on the Twitter program

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Starsnostars posted:

Damnit, now I like Adkins even more!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Starsnostars posted:

Thats an amazing self portrait

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice of him to throw a drawing of Rooney on there as motivation.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

T. Mascis posted:

loving booooooo, I hope he wasn't hacked. He was a very good on the Twitter program

Someone needs to put Piers Morgan in his place

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

lovely Fuckboy posted:

He's a massive nerd with the money to indulge it though. If I recall correctly he tweeted pics of himself with replica swords from Lord of the Rings when the movies came out.

All spanish speakers love the lord of the rings apparantly

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
I forget which paper it is, but one of them has a thing on their website that says he left because his son, who has leukaemia, got a string of sick and vile tweets aimed at him today, along the lines of "I hope you die cancer boy". Pretty appalling really

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sounds about right for twitter

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Starsnostars posted:

Heartbreaking :smith:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I forget which paper it is, but one of them has a thing on their website that says he left because his son, who has leukaemia, got a string of sick and vile tweets aimed at him today, along the lines of "I hope you die cancer boy". Pretty appalling really

That happened like a month ago also and he started to troll them back. Poor guy :(

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

What a sweet man, really

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Lineker is great on twitter, I got all my EPL news from him, what a bummer.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

TheGoatFeeder posted:

This is why we can't have nice things.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Topical

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Pepe with hair just looks weird.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Reina's going to go back to Barca next season, become a world-class keeper again, and regrow all of his hair.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Pepe with hair just looks weird.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

:psyduck:

I like how it features another great baldie

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Well that's just loving poo poo. :mad:

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Lineker was great on twitter, loved it when he poo poo all over Piers Morgan when piers called him a small time minnow with fewer viewers than him.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Lineker was probably one of the best footballers on twitter. Intelligent guy.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndhmdwIswp8

The lad really does deserve more credit than he gets, he's pulled off just as good if not better this season.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Ninpo posted:

The lad really does deserve more credit than he gets, he's pulled off just as good if not better this season.
He is a top shot stopper, his issue is that he still seems weak dealing with crosses and set pieces. I haven't watched him enough lately to see if he's improved that part of his game but he still seems to get targeted and still seems prone to errors due to that extra attention. He is a very good keeper.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Redundant posted:

He is a top shot stopper, his issue is that he still seems weak dealing with crosses and set pieces. I haven't watched him enough lately to see if he's improved that part of his game but he still seems to get targeted and still seems prone to errors due to that extra attention. He is a very good keeper.

He's been a -lot- better with crosses and general high balls since last season. The last piece of the puzzle is some of his parrying which will come. He yells at his defenders a lot more too.

e: I'll qualify this. His only iffy parry was the one against Newcastle. The parry he gets poo poo about against Liverpool was a loving fantastic save from an unsighted Gerrard shot (I THINK it was Rio that was in his way) and Rafael fell asleep for the Sturridge follow up, but it's far more fashionable to blame De Gea. Replace De Gea with Schmeichel and I'm quite sure he'd still be yelling at Rafael today for that. (Also everyone would be lamenting Rafael for the goal and not the keeper.)

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Well thats poo poo, he had some great comebacks and was genuinely funny. Hope the personal reasons is just general "im sick of all these idiots on twitter" stuff and not something more sinister.

• Locked thread