Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

iNteg posted:

Jetz0r made my wildest dreams come true on test, and I didn't even have to give him sexual favors.

Thanks dude, all that stuff really helps, and I enjoy turning myself into a skele, 14 slotters and the tradeskill bags make looting a lot easier.

Seconding this, I'm rich bitch!

Thanks a bunch man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
My trio has made the journey to test! Time to get this Paladin and Ranger/Mage shitshow on the road :v

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can we start doing fun things together now? None of my dudes are over level 85 but I'm down for some shenanigans.

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun

revenance posted:

I'll make you sets for both next time I testcopy.
That would be amazing. What name should I look for in game? I managed to pick up a bunch of dream motes last night.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RCarr posted:

Can we start doing fun things together now? None of my dudes are over level 85 but I'm down for some shenanigans.

We did a half assed Anguish raid earlier this week and killed Tunare just because. Both of those were pretty trivial though.

I wouldn't mind doing some VoA or even HoT progression just for kicks.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

The337th posted:

Character name on test? Just copied one over and I can log in this weekend and parcel it your way.

Funzoe on test, wooot.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Even though jetz0r loaded me up with plat and fun rare clickies, is there anyone that happens to have a set of the rogue visible abstruse set? I'm one level from 80, and even though there's a few pieces here and there on the baz, i didn't see any for rogues.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 18, 2013

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Shrapnac posted:

Seconding this, I'm rich bitch!

Thanks a bunch man.

I'm gonna have to catch you online one of these days to get some sweet sweet testcopy. Turning 70 on multiple toons is more expensive than I thought!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Me too. I borrowed like 45k off a generous goon on Test this week(can't remember your name off the top of my head, sorry!), but with a 4box team, I blew that on spells pretty quickly. They're only level 60 too :(

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
What's the best way to powerlevel my paladin to 80 if my only option is an 85 ranger that can't headshot anything worthwhile yet? I can't imagine it's too bad on test with triple xp.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Dubious posted:

What's the best way to powerlevel my paladin to 80 if my only option is an 85 ranger that can't headshot anything worthwhile yet? I can't imagine it's too bad on test with triple xp.

Just group em and go to Ashengate or any other decent 85ish zone. It goes really really fast

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

You guys are all coming back on the wrong weekend. Cycomatix and I won't be on, but normally we would be able to help you out. Between his rogue and my SK, we can make some pretty big pulls. We leveled up our bard/shaman that way really easily. We also hang out in Teamspeak and get drunk to make it extra fun. We would always welcome more drunken debauchery.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I'm super pro drunken debauchery! I challenge your SK to a largest survived pull contest though :colbert:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

DevNull posted:

You guys are all coming back on the wrong weekend. Cycomatix and I won't be on, but normally we would be able to help you out. Between his rogue and my SK, we can make some pretty big pulls. We leveled up our bard/shaman that way really easily. We also hang out in Teamspeak and get drunk to make it extra fun. We would always welcome more drunken debauchery.

Drunken Everquest Debauchery? I'm in.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe

MrTheDevious posted:

I'm super pro drunken debauchery! I challenge your SK to a largest survived pull contest though :colbert:

Who the hell said the SK is making the pulls? :v:

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

I can survive a pull of infinite size. I'm gonna feign that poo poo

My real talent is my ninja pulls. You can do some amazing poo poo with hates attraction and the feign that drops all agro and makes you invis.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Our current pull tactic in the high level instanced Feerrott is having Cyco pull all the lizards with his rogue. We pull those because he can assassinate them. He runs counter attack and rogue's fury. That takes a good chunk of them down. As soon as his counter attack is ending, I hit deflection and my ability to take all the hit. I hit my AOE taunts as well. He hits his de-agro abilities. I tank though deflection, and run my epic/etc. If we can't finish it off, I can always feign. During double xp weekend we could get 10% a pull at level 97 doing that. It take around 2 minutes to make that huge pull and kill the mobs. We then spend the next 30 minutes or so cleaning up the instance. I think I was seeing around %20 xp each time we killed all the lizards in the zone on double xp weekend. Not too bad of xp at that level.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Pizzaparty will join this guild thing soon enough. If guild tribute is a thing people still use, I have about 60 stonewood and primoridal bows I can dump into that. Also stuff to dump in the bank like AoW masks, full suits of the highest chain and plate defiant, yadda.

I also have some 1.0 MQ items I've banked because I farm that stuff for the hell of it.

Staff of Elemental Mastery: Water
Kedge Backbone
Gnarled Staff
Amygdalan Tendril
Undead Dragon Gut Strings
White Dragon Scales
Red Dragon Scales

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Is there anyone on Luclin who wouldn't mind doing a quick CoA kill and lhranc 2.0 kill any time soon? All I need is the orb and to do the turn in / kill Lhranc to get my SK 2.0

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Wask posted:

That would be amazing. What name should I look for in game? I managed to pick up a bunch of dream motes last night.

Tappalai/Swaggerdagger/Belaya/Appassionata/Mnight Shamanlan/(Baron) Underbheit.

quote:

We also hang out in Teamspeak and get drunk to make it extra fun.

Gonna share? :v:

edit: Server down for anyone else?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Vomik posted:

Is there anyone on Luclin who wouldn't mind doing a quick CoA kill and lhranc 2.0 kill any time soon? All I need is the orb and to do the turn in / kill Lhranc to get my SK 2.0

Lhranc is a puss, and I can load up my Luclin guys to help, but you are going to need quite a bit more firepower to get through enough of Anguish to get an Orb, and I don't have enough uberness to do that on my own.

Biz is gone for good and all to Test; I am getting massive AA very quickly (got 79 in one Lesson this morning, totally solo with no non-self buffs apart from a Clarity potion), but I haven't copied Nylander, Sypherr, or Kaverin. Honestly, you would probably have better luck getting a good Anguish run going on Test.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

We have 4-5 goons on Test capable of soloing all of Anguish, so you can definitely get an orb here. I generally run it the minute my lockouts are up and enough goons who need orbs are online.

Hell, we're so good we managed to get 5 orbs in one instance this week :smug:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

napster of meat posted:

Pizzaparty will join this guild thing soon enough. If guild tribute is a thing people still use, I have about 60 stonewood and primoridal bows I can dump into that. Also stuff to dump in the bank like AoW masks, full suits of the highest chain and plate defiant, yadda.

I also have some 1.0 MQ items I've banked because I farm that stuff for the hell of it.

Staff of Elemental Mastery: Water
Kedge Backbone
Gnarled Staff
Amygdalan Tendril
Undead Dragon Gut Strings
White Dragon Scales
Red Dragon Scales

So basically you have an entire bard epic, wtf man

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

We have 4-5 goons on Test capable of soloing all of Anguish, so you can definitely get an orb here. I generally run it the minute my lockouts are up and enough goons who need orbs are online.

I guess I'll just move over now then. When is the next lockout coming up / are you going to be on then?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

And for some reason I cleared CoA while I was test copied over.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

And for some reason I cleared CoA while I was test copied over.

Cause I needed a Vest and was too lazy to do OMM! Thanks :v:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

Cause I needed a Vest and was too lazy to do OMM! Thanks :v:

I heard you guys couldn't deal with Jelven or Hanvar or some lovely mob like that.
So I kept Biznip alive through all that till he kept getting DT'd by AMV/OMM.
And he's a loving froglok wizard, I don't think they get hit points. At least they shouldn't.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

I Love You! posted:

So basically you have an entire bard epic, wtf man

Except for the Undead Guts, I also have all of these things.

Firstly, thank you TestGoons who ran Anguish tonight.

Secondly, I just wanted to say that Bizrip and Nylander have done all of the tasks for the J5 merc unlock, so I just need to run Murdunk's Last stand with people 95 or under and I will finally have truly badass mercs. Still need to start the quest line with the bard and SK.

Thirdly, the quest where you have to hail the thralls and most of them attack you is bollocks, and whoever designed it should be beaten. That is all.

Fake Edit: Lasombr, come to Test. You will have your 2.0 and 80 and probably hundreds more AA within a few days.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

Firstly, thank you TestGoons who ran Anguish tonight.

I am not a test goon :(

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.
Started playing this again on Test with my girlfriend a week ago. I played from launch until LDoN came out, and a short stint on P99. She has never played before. We are running a Beastlord/Bard duo and it is working pretty well.

We are both 51 now and trying to get some better gear since we still have most of the same crap we had at level 15 and stuff is getting harder to kill now with lovely weapons. Any suggestions on weapons for us about that level we can go and get ourselves? Someone in passing gave me a clicky lute that turns me into a werewolf and it is pretty badass, other stuff like that would be cool to go get too.

We are trying to do out epic 1.0 quests at the moment, at least as much of them as we can right now. For mine (Bard) I have gotten everything done solo except the scales from Vox/Naggy and the thing I need to get from Trak. We have tried to kill Vox a few times, but always die when we get her around 5%. Never been able to catch Naggy up. For hers we have been trying for days to find any of the scouts we need to spawn the elemental dudes. No luck yet though.

It is really awesome playing this game again, I forgot how much drat fun it is. Merc are amazing, never used them before. I have been having a blast revisiting old places (We leveled to 51 all in the old world) and showing the game off. Though it is kind of sad that after all these years I can still find my way around the old world by heart.

Is there a server wide chat channel for Test goons? Or a guild? I haven't been keeping up with the thread very much. My name is Misterboots if anyone wants to invite me to anything.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

Sorry I killed naggy that's why he hasn't been up. He should respawn on Wednesday. I have my 2 toons at 52 and will help with vox if I catch you while your on. I've been trying to kill her but I don't have the patience to clear the frost giant healers.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Started playing this again on Test with my girlfriend a week ago. I played from launch until LDoN came out, and a short stint on P99. She has never played before. We are running a Beastlord/Bard duo and it is working pretty well.

We are both 51 now and trying to get some better gear since we still have most of the same crap we had at level 15 and stuff is getting harder to kill now with lovely weapons. Any suggestions on weapons for us about that level we can go and get ourselves? Someone in passing gave me a clicky lute that turns me into a werewolf and it is pretty badass, other stuff like that would be cool to go get too.

We are trying to do out epic 1.0 quests at the moment, at least as much of them as we can right now. For mine (Bard) I have gotten everything done solo except the scales from Vox/Naggy and the thing I need to get from Trak. We have tried to kill Vox a few times, but always die when we get her around 5%. Never been able to catch Naggy up. For hers we have been trying for days to find any of the scouts we need to spawn the elemental dudes. No luck yet though.

It is really awesome playing this game again, I forgot how much drat fun it is. Merc are amazing, never used them before. I have been having a blast revisiting old places (We leveled to 51 all in the old world) and showing the game off. Though it is kind of sad that after all these years I can still find my way around the old world by heart.

Is there a server wide chat channel for Test goons? Or a guild? I haven't been keeping up with the thread very much. My name is Misterboots if anyone wants to invite me to anything.

Also man, defiant gear for your level Is great, and is the goto sets of gear until 80. For non-visible you can buy on the bazaar, or do the zone based quests in the /ach menu under heroes journey for earrings/rings/belts.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Are there regular groups that do power leveling? I'm currently level 80, and even with 300% xp compared to Live, it still takes a longish time to get a level. Is there anyone I can tag along with while the swarm?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

I just copied my druid to Test last night and have numerous white and red scales; I would be happy to give you one of each. I would also be happy to kill spawned Trakanon for you as I have wanted for some time to just take my wizard down there and Manaburn the fucker in 1 hit. (stupid banishing git)

Edit: My characters are Bizrip/Nylander/Sypherr/Kaverin

jetz0r posted:

I am not a test goon :(

I am aware of that, mate, but you had a copied toon on Test last night, so you were, at least temporarily, at Test Goon. Semantics aside, I appreciate your help.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 19, 2013

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

well I was hoping to test copy over and do an anguish run but of course Luclin is down.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Red scales drop off Echo of Nortlav who is always up in the Hole as well.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Can you transfer characters on accounts from Test or will I have to do it on my live account? I believe you have to ask a GM to do it correct? I know test doesn't really have any game support so not sure if that's possible

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Vomik posted:

Can you transfer characters on accounts from Test or will I have to do it on my live account? I believe you have to ask a GM to do it correct? I know test doesn't really have any game support so not sure if that's possible

I am pretty sure that the only way is to log in a character on Live, /testcopy, wait a tick, then log out, change to Test in the client, and go back in after a short patching process.

I am really sorry for your bad luck, Vomik. Kodaji is tearing up Anguish as we speak, and I am sure that he would have a Globe for you.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

I am pretty sure that the only way is to log in a character on Live, /testcopy, wait a tick, then log out, change to Test in the client, and go back in after a short patching process.

I am really sorry for your bad luck, Vomik. Kodaji is tearing up Anguish as we speak, and I am sure that he would have a Globe for you.

You guys are doing Anguish again? I'm on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah I do anguish on lockout timer. I'm down for another week though since we took out everything including OMM. You're first on the list for an orb next week though!