Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Is there a better way to squirrel away all of your sweet sweet loot than having a bunch of Lvl 1 Axtons storing it for you? They better release a bigger bank or something; this poo poo is getting ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It really is a pain in the rear end. I've got all characters except Mechromancer maxed out on eridium upgrades and I'm choking on space.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Well, thanks to Marogorah, I managed to beat the 2 Invincible class bosses in Hammerlock's DLC, and both of them dropped mostly useless loot! :toot:
The Big Strider (Dexodorus?) took loving forever to beat though, not because its hard, it just had an insane amount of health, we eventually just camped out near the vendors by Hammerlock and blasted it for ages and ages until it died, it spent most of the time walking around in circles doing mostly nothing.

EDIT: Oh and he helped me beat that rear end in a top hat Jackenstein too, I was having flashbacks to fighting General Knoxx in BL 1's Playthrough 2, as he was an ungodly bullet sponge with near instant kill attacks.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 18, 2013

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Judge Tesla posted:

Well, thanks to Marogorah, I managed to beat the 2 Invincible class bosses in Hammerlock's DLC, and both of them dropped mostly useless loot! :toot:
The Big Strider (Dexodorus?) took loving forever to beat though, not because its hard, it just had an insane amount of health, we eventually just camped out near the vendors by Hammerlock and blasted it for ages and ages until it died, it spent most of the time walking around in circles doing mostly nothing.

EDIT: Oh and he helped me beat that rear end in a top hat Jackenstein too, I was having flashbacks to fighting General Knoxx in BL 1's Playthrough 2, as he was an ungodly bullet sponge with near instant kill attacks.

The best loot I got in the whole DLC was in the Loot Armory at the end, I got a really good E-tech sniper rifle that does 29k damage or something, and a Bowie Rex. Kinda wanna farm for a Two Fer Rex...

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I don't know if Dex was glitching or I was lagging like poo poo because it really shouldn't have taken that long. Every time you pop one of his weak spots it should take a chunk out of his bar. Voracidous is a cheating gently caress with the dual novas so I responded in kind.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I'll be on in an hour if anyone wants to kill things. Still haven't killed either of the invincibles from Hammerlock if anyone is doing that. I have a 50 soldier and 38 mechro. gt: arkitekt4k

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Killed The Warrior 30+ times over the last couple days, not a single legendary drop. Getting pretty bored and looking for a shock Conference Call, level 50 of course. Honestly I would be happy with any of the types I guess. If anyone has one and would like to trade or something, I still have access to most of the level 50 quest rewards and would probably give up anything to end my nightmare. XBL: kr0jar

edit: Also looking for TF Maggie and Legendary Zerker mod

The Duke fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 19, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I have the shock CC, and maybe the other two on another character.

ok, apparently just the shock cc. no idea what happened to my maggie and legendary class mods. :\

delpheye fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 19, 2013

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Marogareh posted:

I don't know if Dex was glitching or I was lagging like poo poo because it really shouldn't have taken that long. Every time you pop one of his weak spots it should take a chunk out of his bar. Voracidous is a cheating gently caress with the dual novas so I responded in kind.

According to the Borderlands wiki, Dex is highly resistant to all elemental damage and immune to non elemental and lightning damage, so yeah, he's a bullet sponge on steroids.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man, ES glitch-stacking the Infinity past 100 rounds really is a perverse amount of power. Eat it, bullshit raid bosses. Farmed Hyperious and Pete for like 2-3 hours and got one Orange- Sledge's Shotgun. It's alright, but not especially suited to my Gunzerker. I hate burst fire weapons where you can't just hold down the trigger :argh:

ConcreteHades
Dec 27, 2012
Sick damage output idea. Gunzerking with 2 Smasher glitched Infinitys... both with 200+ rounds chambered.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Anyone have any cool non-endgame shock weapons they'd wanna dupe me on 360? GT: Flexible Ethics

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

ConcreteHades posted:

Sick damage output idea. Gunzerking with 2 Smasher glitched Infinitys... both with 200+ rounds chambered.

The off hand one will always be at 1 for some reason so it won't work.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Just out of simple curiosity, what's so attractive about using glitched and insane weapons, I mean, I don't have any issue whatsoever about people using them, I just find it interesting the lengths people go to to get the most powerful things ever.

I'm probably pretty boring by comparison but I mostly use quest reward guns, the named ones, not the trash ones.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Judge Tesla posted:

Just out of simple curiosity, what's so attractive about using glitched and insane weapons, I mean, I don't have any issue whatsoever about people using them, I just find it interesting the lengths people go to to get the most powerful things ever.

Not everyone is willing to go to the trouble of assembling a party of 4 maxed out characters and spend half an hour pumping bullets into a raid boss. The whole game and every RPG is about watching the little numbers on screen get higher so seeing a shot go into a guy and "3845K" pop out seems perfectly natural.

I mostly keep the Evil Smasher around because it's a really cathartic way to get past anything that gets too frustrating, it's not part of my normal loadout.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Infinite ammo rocket launcher turns the game into Quake With Friends.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm probably pretty boring by comparison but I mostly use quest reward guns, the named ones, not the trash ones.

Yeah, the only thing I use glitched out weapons on is the raid bosses. They don't seem...fun to fight, so I'm just bypassing 'em. Oh and it's cathartic.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I keep the Smasher for when I'm asked to level folks up or for just loving around.

I made it a point when I started Hammerlock to bury it in my inventory so I couldn't glitch my way out of things easily, and also because I wanted to complete the DLC without the glitch.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Ok guys I have the Siren, Mechromancer, and Gunzerker heads from the new DLC and the Siren Skin that you get from the "I like my monsters rare" quest. Looking to trade for Assassin head and Solider head from the DLC and any of the quest skins for each respective character.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

Man, ES glitch-stacking the Infinity past 100 rounds really is a perverse amount of power. Eat it, bullshit raid bosses. Farmed Hyperious and Pete for like 2-3 hours and got one Orange- Sledge's Shotgun. It's alright, but not especially suited to my Gunzerker. I hate burst fire weapons where you can't just hold down the trigger :argh:

For whatever reason(possibly because I'm stupid) I still can't get the ES glitch to happen 100%, or if I can, it's really low and I end up with like 35 infinity rounds. I'd love to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Where do the heads drop? I need something new to farm for.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

delpheye posted:

For whatever reason(possibly because I'm stupid) I still can't get the ES glitch to happen 100%, or if I can, it's really low and I end up with like 35 infinity rounds. I'd love to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Where do the heads drop? I need something new to farm for.

OK, not sure if I'm doing it "right" but what I do is this:

1- Put the ES and whatever weapon you want to transfer the effect to (probably the Infinity) in your weapon slots.

2- Empty ES, quick-switch to desired weapon before it finishes reloading.

This is where it gets squirrely/weird:

3- Switch back and forth between the ES and the desired weapon until you see the signature explosion effect that lets you know that the ES boost effect has triggered. Let the explosion animation start and then switch back to the other weapon before it finishes.

4- Switch back to the ES- the explosion effect should look a little bigger. Switch back to the other weapon after the explosion effect starts but but before it finishes.

5- Repeat step 4 until the explosion effect is so big that it's filling the screen and kinda slowing down the game.

6- After you reach peak explosiveness, switch back to the other weapon just as the explosion animation starts- this should confer the stacked ES status to the other weapon.

7- IF IT DOESN'T WORK- just keep switching back and forth (trying slightly different timing) until it does. Play around with the switch timing, it's kinda hard to describe.

Using the method described above I've gotten the Infinity up to 200 rounds, although that's waaaay overkill. Once you get up to over 100, that's enough to kill any of the crazy raid bosses in short order and make ordinary enemies explode into gibs in one shot. Don't use this on the "normal" bosses and enemies, though- it's basically God Mode for BL2. God I hope they never fix this glitch...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My step 6 is a little different- once you've triggered the effect on the ES, you have a chance of triggering it on any other weapon's reload without switching back to the ES. The power goes so completely through the roof because the effect seems to stack- there will be several copies of the effect attached to your player, each with an individual chance of triggering when you reload any gun you have equipped. You can tell how many of the effects triggered for any given reload by how much extra magazine capacity the gun gets.

Also, don't swap weapons after glitching, but that shouldn't be a problem because weapon types and attributes don't even matter when every projectile does six digits of damage.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
It doesn't do the effect consistently until you've quick-switched around 15-20 times or so. Once I've got a good 50 stacks, I hit select and swap it out in mid-reload for another weapon. From then on, I can switch out weapons and reload as much as I want and the effect stays in place.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Anybody having issues with TVHM Jackenstein, the Lady Fist makes pretty short work of him. Once the 2 generators are destroyed you can kill him in seconds by shooting the crit spot on his face.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Here's how I do the ES glitch:

1. Equip the ES
2. Quickswitch to the infinity
3. Before the infinity shows up onscreen, quickswitch back to the ES.
4. Make sure the ammo counter for the ES is displayed onscreen.
5. Repeat 2-4 a dozen times or so.
6. Quickswitch to a different gun
7. Pop off a few rounds and reload.
8. EXPLOSION! (if not, reload again)
9. Before the explosion finishes, quickswitch to the infinity.
10. See how many bullets I have in the infinity.

If the infinity only has like 18 or 36 bullets in it, I just repeat the process. Never takes me more than three times through to get around 183 bullets and ridiculous damage. That's how my little level 8 infinity burned through most of playthrough 2 last time.

Neat fact: This glitch also makes the forward facing machine gun on a runner do ridiculous amounts of damage.

XeeD fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 20, 2013

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
I'm not sure, but I think I may have gotten myself stuck. I'm playing TVHM and I'm on Toil and Trouble. I had actually started it earlier, got to the top of the elevator, and had to turn it off. I'm past the ambush that you get hit with to call the elevator down. When I restarted, it dropped me at the fast travel at the beginning of the level. Now I can't get the elevator to come down. It sounds like you need the earlier part of the quest active in order to use the elevator. Am I screwed? Could I just join the game of someone on that quest? Barring that, would someone past that part be able to call the elevator? Bah.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So whoever said they switched to cunning Zero and swept the DLC, that man speaks the truth. I suffered through it as a sniper Zero until Candlerakk Crag unable to get critical hits on anything but triggermen, then switched to cunning with kunai to check it out. Witchdoctors went from taking 2 bonus package grenades and several clips of sniper ammo to the face to instantly evaporating under throwing knives and exploding decoys. I don't know if I can go back to bloodshed or sniping now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I actually had a lot of success with a level 44 Blockhead (the gimmick weapon from the Minecraft easter egg) on my sniper zero. It does an enormous amount of fire damage and seems to interact weirdly with the B0re skill, so I didn't really need to get critical hits.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Rough Rider is loving awesome with Fleet. I really need to find a banshee class mod with +6.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
You're going to be flying with that mod. The only downside to it is that the banshee mod has -HP and + to shield recharge rate and delay I think which is really loving bad if it wasn't for the +6 fleet.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Dr.Smasher posted:

The best loot I got in the whole DLC was in the Loot Armory at the end, I got a really good E-tech sniper rifle that does 29k damage or something, and a Bowie Rex. Kinda wanna farm for a Two Fer Rex...
Speaking of which, I haven't done much of the new DLC yet. Is there a repeatable loot thing like Knoxx's armory or Robolution in any of these. I completed Scarlet's but the small amount of chests at the end was kind of sad compared to the effort of what you have to kill to get there every new game.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Speaking of which, I'm disappointed B0re doesn't actually do anything against savage shields and facemasks. I can put a bullet through an endless number of space-metal loaders but a wooden mask will completely prevent it from hitting the face behind it and can actually lower the base damage of the shot itself.

^^^^ No, there is a loot room at the end but it is forever locked off after you leave it. If you don't have enough backpack space to carry everything, too bad. As soon as you zone out, a permanent orange barrier goes up, even if you're just going back to Hammerlock to unload things at the vending machines so you can go back and get the rest.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

The Duke posted:

edit: Also looking for TF Maggie and Legendary Zerker mod

I'll add you when I get home. I got a TF Maggie, all 5 legendary mods, and a corrosive and fire CC. Might have shock CC as well, not 100% sure tho. I do have a shock Norfleet tho! It's delicious.

My GT is hushi907

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I feel like they really dropped the ball on B0re. It would've been great if they made it go through objects like walls and such but all we got was an extremely situational skill and some targeting circles :geno:.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Poala Bear posted:

I'll add you when I get home. I got a TF Maggie, all 5 legendary mods, and a corrosive and fire CC. Might have shock CC as well, not 100% sure tho. I do have a shock Norfleet tho! It's delicious.

My GT is hushi907

Thanks man. I just completed DLC3 and got the Zerker mod in the loot room at the end, so all I'm looking for now is the Maggie and CC if that's cool. I'll be on tomorrow probably before 12 PST for a bit.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

The Duke posted:

Thanks man. I just completed DLC3 and got the Zerker mod in the loot room at the end, so all I'm looking for now is the Maggie and CC if that's cool. I'll be on tomorrow probably before 12 PST for a bit.

I've got both a tf maggie and a shock cc on me now as well. I won't be on until around 1pm CDT.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011

XeeD posted:

Here's how I do the ES glitch:

1. Equip the ES
2. Quickswitch to the infinity
3. Before the infinity shows up onscreen, quickswitch back to the ES.
4. Make sure the ammo counter for the ES is displayed onscreen.
5. Repeat 2-4 a dozen times or so.
6. Quickswitch to a different gun
7. Pop off a few rounds and reload.
8. EXPLOSION! (if not, reload again)
9. Before the explosion finishes, quickswitch to the infinity.
10. See how many bullets I have in the infinity.

If the infinity only has like 18 or 36 bullets in it, I just repeat the process. Never takes me more than three times through to get around 183 bullets and ridiculous damage. That's how my little level 8 infinity burned through most of playthrough 2 last time.

Neat fact: This glitch also makes the forward facing machine gun on a runner do ridiculous amounts of damage.

This is the way to do it. If you do it this way, every weapon you have will get bonus damage including weapons that were in your backpack when you were doing the glitch. No need to fart around with the reloading glitch other people posted.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Marogareh posted:

I feel like they really dropped the ball on B0re. It would've been great if they made it go through objects like walls and such but all we got was an extremely situational skill and some targeting circles :geno:.

And the ability to one-shot BNK3R.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

gooby on rails posted:

And the ability to one-shot BNK3R.

This is literally the exclusive purpose for B0re to be the game. How they thought that the Bunker fight was fun or interesting at all is still completely baffling to me. At least he vomits so pretty decent loot, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I haven't been playing in a while - been super busy. If anyone is on and feels like cleaning up the end of the Torgue DLC, then doing whatever, give me an add on 360: GT = strangemobius and I've got a Siren at 50 with a Mechro in the teens levelwise. I've basically done just about everything except for the end-game/raid bosses and would love to get cracking on them. I'll be downloading the Hammerlock DLC as well.

• Locked thread