Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Congratulations! You are a Real Scientist now!

I get such a classy gown to wear at graduation.

Check it out:

That'll set me apart from the plebs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You'll be the best looking boy at Hogwarts!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

For real, I'm totally jealous. My Masters robes are really cheap quality.

Every time I watch Nova on PBS, I get sad that I didn't pursue science as a career. :smith:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

I get such a classy gown to wear at graduation.

Check it out:

That'll set me apart from the plebs.

Awesome. They hide the splatter marks from the food poisoning really well too. Congratulations. That's a huge achievement. I stopped at Masters; the idea of a doctorate was totally impossible. Respect!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Awesome on you, Scientastic. Or should I say DR. Scientastic?

Just finished filing my income tax return. Apparently, New York State doesn't allow you to do so until they're good and ready for you. First year I'll be filing jointly with Puppy.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

:golfclap:

This made me laugh way too hard!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Not in that gown. I've always seen myself as a Ravenclaw.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Holy poo poo Rachel Ray stole Jacques Pepin's recipe for late night bacon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8jL9uRhIbI

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Scientastic posted:

Not in that gown. I've always seen myself as a Ravenclaw.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRD.

ironyyyyyy

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Namechange? I forgot who you are :ohdear:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I was NerdyNautilus.

Thei
Apr 17, 2012

Won't somebody think of the tentacles?!

Had the exact same thought, though I admit to conjouring images of Scientastic as a Quidditch player flying around, lording it up over the plebs.

Plebs and Muggles are the same thing now, right?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

mindphlux posted:

alright, which one you goons made this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO8sW60uOpk

:gonk:

hmmm. Was gonna congee for lunch, but now I want stir fry something. Maybe chicken with bhut jolokia and something seeing as how it is International hot and spicy food day.

Why is that video :gonk:?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Yeah nothing looks wrong in that video.

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I watched that entire video waiting for the :gonk: and it never came... I mean, cooking the vegetables separately was kind of silly I guess. The most glaring thing I can see is that there are no dried chilies in there which, while a mortal sin, is not as bad as most of the recipes I've seen online for kung pao chicken.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
I got irritated by the use of the ladle for EVERYTHING. And why boil the peppers, just fry it, jeez. Why constantly rinse it out? Why do you keep moving the oil around with that drat ladle, oil spreads as it heats. At 6mins in my thought process is literally: JUST THROW IT IN THERE, THE LADLE IS NOT YOUR HAND. And at 7:45 it is : STOP STIRRING, ITS A WOK, LEARN TO SAUTE.

So yeah, watching random people cook so very slowly and cautiously makes the 'getitfuckingdonenowjesuschrist' cook in me come out.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The heat seemed lower and the whole process seemed a lot slower than anything I've ever made in a wok.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

The heat seemed lower and the whole process seemed a lot slower than anything I've ever made in a wok.

Yeah, with everything he had prepped out, that should have taken 2mins at most. Nuts in, meat in, veg in, deglaze, season, done.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

sure it's long and he overcooks the chicken, but that's hardly gonkworthy.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
I thought it might have been the like 1c of oil he used through out the whole process, in some cases he was pretty much shallow frying instead of sauteing.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Still not gonkworthy, as grav said.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

GrAviTy84 posted:

sure it's long and he overcooks the chicken, but that's hardly gonkworthy.

mediaphlux is clearly a diehard wok sperg.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Martie Duncan on next foodnetwork star cooking otoro well done and then using it in tuna salad sandwiches without a single peep from any single person on the show...THAT'S :gonk:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

And even with all that low heat, he burnt the poo poo out of those nuts. :gonk: I was watching it, and yelling at the screen saying "loving GO FASTER." Dear god why are you taking so long. Move, damnit.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

diehard wok sperg.

New thread title right here.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

GrAviTy84 posted:

Martie Duncan on next foodnetwork star cooking otoro well done and then using it in tuna salad sandwiches without a single peep from any single person on the show...THAT'S :gonk:

Forget gun control, there should be a law against otoro abuse.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Wroughtirony posted:

Forget gun control, there should be a law against otoro abuse.

I tweeted at AB and Bob Tuschman. I guess you only get replies if you tell Alton he is a puppet or something.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
GO TO SLEEP, YOU LITTLE FUCKER! It's 5:15, for god's sake

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sever. Or shake the baby. That's how it works, right?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Manuel Calavera posted:

sever. Or shake the baby. That's how it works, right?

It was main wife's first nights away. He woke at 4:35 this morning and would not take a bottle or go back to sleep. I ended up playing with him until 6:30, whereupon he did go back to bed, thank god. I did too. When we awoke I felt less like murdering him. Thank god she's back.

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

Can I ask again what's up with the multiple wives or will it be met with more :jerkbag: Silly Newbie :jerkbag: remarks?

Thank you! Last time it was brought up I got called a weirdo or something for finding mention of a main and secondary wife strange, but how am I to know it's some random inside joke? Polygamy is weird guys

Clavietika fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 18, 2013

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
old joke; another member (wanna say croatoan) was divorced and remarried but his new wife and ex were good friends and they all hung out together all the time so he would say stuff like that all the time

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Clavietika posted:

Can I ask again what's up with the multiple wives or will it be met with more :jerkbag: Silly Newbie :jerkbag: remarks?

Thank you! Last time it was brought up I got called a weirdo or something for finding mention of a main and secondary wife strange, but how am I to know it's some random inside joke? Polygamy is weird guys

Now you're in on the joke too!

Watching Paranorman. What a fantastic film.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

It was definitely Croatoan, and if I recall correctly, ex-wife was renting the extra room in their house, so it came up a lot.

In other news, Pr0k's mother is very loose.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Today I ate a cheese-steak from a roachcoach while standing in a portajohn just so I could have some alone time.

Tomorrow I expect to dine on 5hour energy shots, Cliff Bars, water, and peanuts. On the bright side this dude I drank some beers with this summer slipped me a sweet rear end vehicular pass so I should be able to park closer in.

Why they thought it was a good idea to do the Presidential switchover in the loving winter is beyond me.

Roxy Rouge
Oct 27, 2009

therattle posted:

GO TO SLEEP, YOU LITTLE FUCKER! It's 5:15, for god's sake

I am on my phone or I would link. Google go the gently caress to sleep Samuel L Jackson. So fitting...so true.

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

Hawkgirl posted:

In other news, Pr0k's mother is very loose.

You would be too, after all she's been through.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Holy poo poo :3: gf bought me a grand piano. I've been kinda sad that I sold my piano when I moved last. I get home today and there is a beatup baby grand in the dining room. Yay winter project :neckbeard:. It's beat to all hell, needs lots of new varnish and quite a few keys need repairing, but goddamn this is so :3:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Casu Marzu posted:

Holy poo poo :3: gf bought me a grand piano. I've been kinda sad that I sold my piano when I moved last. I get home today and there is a beatup baby grand in the dining room. Yay winter project :neckbeard:. It's beat to all hell, needs lots of new varnish and quite a few keys need repairing, but goddamn this is so :3:

Nice, my parents have an old one with ivory keys in their basement. that I learned to play on. It's never been properly tuned but it is cool.

Are her parents still doing wacky things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

My girlfriends parents are insane. :stare: I think I'm unknowingly participating in a reality show and everyone is having a good laugh at this on prime time.

Will go I to more depth when I'm not on my phone but I just had to express my :gonk: ASAP.

You had a good reason not to elaborate right that minute, but I'd still like to hear the follow up on this.