Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Miracles basically happened at work and everything looks on course to be settled before the holidays. Had a nice slow night and looked after myself (my body had been complaining a lot this week). Plenty of good entertainment this weekend (dinner with friends Friday, Hobbit Saturday, Packers-Bears Sunday) interspersed with holiday preparation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I get to see one of my best friends for the first time since the summer today :)

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.
Started Season 4 of Supernatural and started my Christmas holidays from college :dance:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It could have been a crazy workweek and so far it's been smooth. Have even had guests drop by with goodies for our department.

I'm doing a dental treatment that has been relatively painless. I am still battling a cold but it is only an inconvenience. Went Christmas shopping tonight for a special ed student and had a blast.

These next few days will be nuts, but I have so little to complain about and so much to be thankful for, whatever I might say to the contrary.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
We're doing Christmas at my grandmothers place this weekend :woop: We haven't been over in a few years, mostly due to petty family drama, but a bit of putting feet down and demanding people get over themselves goes surprisingly far.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I randomly crafted my valueless hats together and got 2 miscs and a hat I wanted in TF2.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

More of the same. Cold was finally beaten, felt great all day, got tons done and what wasn't done didn't really matter too much anyway. As long as we don't get blown off the roads tomorrow, wholeheartedly expecting more goodness to cap the week.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I proposed to jennyinstereo and she said yes. I translated what I wanted to say into Portuguese but should have done it in Croatian, because she's closer with that side of her heritage (though the food says otherwise).

Ah well, she said yes! :toot:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

^^That's fantastic dude!

I thought my boyfriend would be working but he came home early. We're playing NES games now. :3:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cooked and hosted my first Xmas dinner, had my family and almost all of my closest friends there. All in all, not counting myself, there were 13 people. By my standards, that's a hell of a lot.

I still have a week's worth of leftovers though, so I don't need to do anymore cooking for awhile.

Joe the Gringo
Sep 19, 2005

I've not have dared these forums to spare, but years
do tell, as time drags on, this web can go to hell.
I still return; I have not learned; Lowtax
my cash is yours to burn.

DAMMIT THERE GOES THE METER FRAK

SAVE SA 2019
I'm about to turn in, and I'm a pretty rare poster. But it's been a rough year, and today was Christmas... I got to see my family and friends, didn't have to work, ate some good food, and remembered that rough year or not I've got it pretty good.

It's awesome to be reminded of that fact. Happy Holidays, goons, and Happy New Year!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Yesterday morning I made chocolate chip banana pancakes, they were awesome. For dinner last night I made a ham, also awesome (and it is now ham leftovers, I'm having some with eggs for dinner tonight and doing au gratin potatoes later this week.)

Today I was informed my boss is giving me one of his tickets to the final regular season Seahawks game. They're luxury seats. My boyfriend is super jealous but he'll forgive me :D

*edit*
Or maybe he won't. I was just handed the ticket. Club seats, 50 yard line.

Esmerelda has a new favorite as of 18:40 on Dec 26, 2012

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
First day of a 4 day weekend (off today through Tuesday from work). Got a lot accomplished at work the last couple days in regard to cleaning out and organizing our storage area, and I'm not on call.

Got a full body 60 minute massage today and it felt FANTASTIC. Ran a couple errands and basically lounged around all day. Got a job interview on Monday with a place in town, hopefully it'll go well and I can get an offer that's better than what I make right now. All in all, hoping to start the new year off and have a better one than this one turned out to be.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Today was awful. I'd been looking forward to this party on the 31st for a month now. It was a New Year's Party/Going Away party, since I and another person are leaving to teach abroad for a few months. I haven't really had a party in my honor since I was, like, ten. I was excited to see a bunch of cool people I don't get to see too often, including this girl I'm into. Then my roommates brought the flu back, which I don't fault them for. They couldn't really control it and there's lots of kids running around. But still, I got sick two days ago and today's been, of course, the worst. So I called out sick to my own party. My roommates went to bed early so I spent the night sick and alone.

One of my best friends called me a few minutes after midnight to say to check my doorstep. I went outside and there was a letter there addressed to me from "All of his future wives." I open it and it's this super-serious "sorry for your loss" card. Inside was a bunch of signatures from people at the party, both who I did and didn't know. It was absolutely hilarious and turned my night completely around, so much so that I had to share it with someone!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Watching all the people who are bitter as gently caress about NIU being in the Orange Bowl is providing poo poo tons of entertainment, possibly more so than actually watching the bowl.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
This is one of the first holidays that I've actually had off in forever and everything was closed around town so I didn't have any errands. I still get paid, though. Spent all day napping on company dime. Ate prime rib and chocolate covered strawberries. This is the good life.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Al Jazeera bought out Current TV and is using it to launch an American branch. :w00t:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

As I left my girlfriend's house this morning, I saw her dog stood at the window, looking sad. I got a text from her about an hour later saying she had to take him out round the block to stop him from sitting at the window and crying for me.

Oh and my plan for today is to get high and go to the most AMAZING burger place ever with one of my best buddies.

Zombear
Dec 4, 2007
Catchphrase!
I just found out that I passed my national EMT exam. I have never had such a bad feeling about a test in my life, and I was 95% certain that I failed, so this is a huge surprise. I made pancakes from scratch to celebrate. It is also the first day in two weeks that I don't feel sick, today is a good day.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
A girl said she'd go out to lunch with me. :)

DarkUltim8Hedgehog
Dec 5, 2012

I got 300 on Blu-Ray for Christmas and tonight my buddy is coming over to my place to watch it with me while we sip some mint tea. He even suggested pouring a little vodka into the tea, and I have no idea if that works but we'll give it a try!:science: It's going to be a blast because 300 was one of my top hands-down movies of 2006. We'll definitely check out some of the special features after the movie ends.

Cruxxed Up
Mar 30, 2011

Now you've done it.
It's been a sad New Years since my grandmother died on Saturday night. The rest of my family is out of town, so my mom and I stayed inside all week, drinking wine and watching "Black Books." The inevitable happened when food, both of the human and of the cat variety, got too low to ignore. It was a sunny, brisk day out. We did our shopping, then indulged in the allowable offense of eating unhealthily when unhappy --eggs, greasy bacon, hashbrowns, and greasy coffee at the local Waffle House.
The waitress on duty was one I'd never seen before, a sweet old lady who had no other customers so we shared a nice chat about the improved weather, grandchildren, holiday craziness, etc.
Towards the end of the meal, a few more customers trickled in and the waitress was busy taking care of them. I waited until she was back behind the counter before I went to pay and when she handed me the receipt, she asked me to wait a moment.
"Got something for y'all," she declared as she handed me a paper bag. I must have looked confused, because she laughed when I took it. "It's just two extra hamburgers for y'all; I got an order wrong and instead of throwing them away, figured you and your mom would enjoy them for dinner later."

So my day was awesome because of free hamburgers and a very nice waitress.

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
Snagged the last two tickets for a show I've been wanting to see forever but has never had availible seats when I've been off work! :woop:

DarkUltim8Hedgehog
Dec 5, 2012

Wearing some awesome new clothes (jeans and gloves) and it's Friday.

liz
Nov 4, 2004

Stop listening to the static.
:havlat: :dance: Hockey is back! :dance: :havlat:

Broken Things
Mar 4, 2011
My day was awesome because I'm alive. I got hit by a car and came away from it with a swollen leg and a graze down the left side of my face. I'm incredibly lucky, and while the accident and following hospital visit was awful, I'm glad that I'm okay and the driver's okay too.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
I get to go home to this smile tonight.

Baby c got a new hairband. She's very happy with it.

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010
I got married. :yotj:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I have to play video games for a paper in a 300 level History course worth 50% of my grade.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My full time site supervisor position is official. Consistent day shifts, regular raises, 90 (!!) days of vacation per year.

Unions are great, guys. You really shouldn't try to kill them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someone I don't know cosplayed one of my characters. And did a pretty good job. This is so weird but I'm so flattered :allears:.

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.
Yesterday I started Metal Sculpture class with my sister, and one of the requirements is to wear work shoes. So, today I went to buy some, and the first pair I looked at didn't come in my size. That's okay, because the second style I eyed are so amazingly comfortable with all the necessary things of work shoes. Like they're so awesome, I wish I could buy you all a pair.

Plus my Rosetta Stone Italian came today. Today was really good.

Phineus
Jul 21, 2008

Good to the last drop.
My day was awesome because I spent 45 minutes rewiring my computer desk so that everything is neat and streamlined, best feeling ever.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
One of my very oldest friends and his wife (who is also a great friend) had a baby yesterday and today I got to meet him :)

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

My sleep rhythm is healthy for the first time since last year's April. I've really missed sunlight.

lolll
May 11, 2005

propaganda turtle
I got to pose as death for a tarot deck today! The artist painted my face like a candy skull.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Got an e-mail from a job I applied to about a week ago - they're still doing the background check process, but based on my resume and first phone interview, they want me as a lead on the 6 month project coming up in February :woop: I'll be working for a large company in my area, with a team focusing on migrating users to a full Windows 7 environment. Pay is $21/hour and upon completion of the project, I'll get a bonus of $1/hour additional paid as a bonus check. There's a very good possibility of being brought in permanently if I stay on the full 6 months and do a good job, so I'm definitely motivated and looking forward to getting out of my current job, which is really sucking balls after last weeks power/network outage mishap. A big bonus is not having to deal with being on-call, there's the possibility of some overtime but I won't have to carry a work cell and work from home for the duration of the project, which will be a nice break. :)

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Jan 20, 2013

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Week started out rocky, especially because Monday was a long day and last night we called, waited three hours for, and finally met with a plumber about our apartment's strange-acting toilet and didn't get to bed until midnight as a result.

But work went well today, we won our last battle with Kaiser over a prescription needing transferral, and I was able to get started with my online class that just kicked off.

Also I noticed that just by eating slightly less and walking slightly more, I have lost four pounds this week. And just now realized that the new strange noises coming from our toilet is just a new valve working way better than the old one ever did. Hallelujah.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Phone interview yesterday. That went quite well.

so well, in fact i got the opportunity to have a sit down with them next week.

Looking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Got a better paying job with a company closer to home - I interviewed via phone with them last week, they gave all the background checks and an offer letter, and I got it all taken care of. Ended up getting an e-mail yesterday saying that out of the 5 people they're hiring, they liked my resume best, and want me to take charge as a lead on one of the deployment projects they'll be doing shortly after I'm hired. :woop: Also includes a pay bump of $2/hour over their initial quote and I start on February 12. After dealing with the constant bumbling, finger-pointing, backpedaling, duct tape-and-bandaid fixes, and other bullshit incompetence at my current job, it felt REALLY good to notify the contract company and my current manager that I'm putting my 2 weeks in.