Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylphiel
Jun 19, 2006

Oh God I can't unthink it!

uPen posted:

I think you need to finish your party links before January if you want their tier 3 personas, and yes the optimal day is still the 22nd.

I didn't finish Rise's link until January and still got all the tier 3 personas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
He means before the end of Jan. In Feb you can't do any party slinks in Feb because they'll be prepping for an exam before going straight to plot events after the exam.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know about the rewards for spending Christmas Eve with whoever. The FAQ I'm following doesn't mention anything about New Year. Is there any benefits to spending the day with anyone particular?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

I know about the rewards for spending Christmas Eve with whoever. The FAQ I'm following doesn't mention anything about New Year. Is there any benefits to spending the day with anyone particular?

No it's just a voiced cutscene with character development for whoever you choose. I haven't checked but I bet someone put them all up on Youtube.

I had to do Christmas, New Years, and Valentine's with goddamn Yumi (Sun Drama link) but it does make her character a lot better.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The conversations I had with Yumi after I finished her link were actually...much more pleasurable than depressing hospital drama.

The overwhelming drama also annoyed me for my own personal reasons, so she never had a chance.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 20, 2013

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Larsson posted:

The conversations I had with Yumi after I finished her link were actually...much more pleasurable than depressing hospital drama.

The overwhelming drama also annoyed me for my own personal reasons, so she never had a chance.

On the other hand, she's probably one of my favorite S. Links in the game because of the overwhelming drama and my own personal reasons. I found her link to be absolutely fascinating and a large parallel to my own life in many ways. My only regret is that she decides to quit acting at the end of her story, because she doesn't feel like she needs to use her acting as a crutch anymore. With someone who is supposed to be as talented as she is, she should have embraced that skill and decided to hone it, if only as a hobby. I don't remember if she told me she might act again while I was boarding the train or not?

I still haven't done the other Sun S. Link even though I've played through the game a ton of times, but I will eventually. I started a new game in vanilla P4 where I intend to do her link to the end... when I ever get around to playing it again.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Coughing Hobo posted:

Your Mega Beef Bowl journey has only just begun. Get ready for Persona 4-2: International Beef Bowl Adventure

Going on a world tour with Chie and Akihiko for maximum Beef Bowl.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hate to ask a question every time something comes up, but is it possible to get everyone's third Persona in January as long as you have their SLinks maxed?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hate to ask a question every time something comes up, but is it possible to get everyone's third Persona in January as long as you have their SLinks maxed?

You have around 25-26 days in January-Feb to finish your remaining links, as well as meet with everyone for their third Persona (Unless it's a bike day for a certain member, each party member is available nearly every day). Your last free day is 2/5.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 20, 2013

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Larsson posted:

You have around 25-26 days in January-Feb to finish your remaining links, as well as meet with everyone for their third Persona (Unless it's a bike day for a certain member, each party member is available nearly every day). Your last free day is 2/5.
Party slinks will ignore you in Feb because they're studying for exams. I think the actual cut off time is Jan 30th. From Jan 30th and up until the exam date, is basically everyone's last chance to be taken on a bike trip though.

But yeah easily enough time.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 20, 2013

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rascyc posted:

Party slinks will ignore you in Feb because they're studying for exams. I think the actual cut off time is Jan 30th. From Jan 30th and up until the exam date, is basically everyone's last chance to be taken on a bike trip though.

But yeah easily enough time.
Not always. I was able to max Yukiko at the very last minute (I think I maxed her on February 2nd or 3rd) just fine. The links all study on different days and I think the only exceptions to that are Chie and Yosuke who study pretty much every day.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

lotus circle posted:

Not always. I was able to max Yukiko at the very last minute (I think I maxed her on February 2nd or 3rd) just fine. The links all study on different days and I think the only exceptions to that are Chie and Yosuke who study pretty much every day.

Which makes sense given how BAD they do...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You guys have been extremely helpful. What exactly does Kamui Miracle do? Googling seems to say it inflicts random status ailments on my party members. What are the benefits to this?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

One of the effects is a full HP/SP heal.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Another is full HP heal for enemies. It's like Charmed Diarahan again, except this time with Russian Roulette! :suicide:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Detective No. 27 posted:

You guys have been extremely helpful. What exactly does Kamui Miracle do? Googling seems to say it inflicts random status ailments on my party members. What are the benefits to this?
Has the chance to help you. But it can also help a lot if you're going for the Risette trophy, because she'll comment on all the random side effects that happen to your party. Honestly if you got that trophy already then Kamui Miracle is not worth the risk, unless you just like to screw around in battles and take your chances.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Does Seraph's Protection stack with other Dodge/Evade skills? I want to put it on a Persona with high Ag and Auto-Masukukaja so I can make my MC Sonic the Swaghog.

FIRE CURES BIGOTS
Aug 26, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Really Pants posted:

I finished the Rainy Day Mega Beef Bowl. Why aren't the credits rolling?

Finishing the Beef Bowl lets you unlock the Hanako social link and romance.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Fire posted:

Finishing the Beef Bowl lets you unlock the Hanako social link and romance.

God no. ANYTHING but that. I'll have nightmares tonight.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nothing wrong with Hanako. There's just more to love. :quagmire:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
If you thought the Devil S.Link was inappropriate, just wait until you start Kashiwagi's :getin:

FIRE CURES BIGOTS
Aug 26, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

RadicalR posted:

God no. ANYTHING but that. I'll have nightmares tonight.

She'd probably turn you down as not being in her league.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It seems you cannot hang out with Hanako unless your Courage is at least Corpulent...

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Coughing Hobo posted:

If you thought the Devil S.Link was inappropriate, just wait until you start Kashiwagi's :getin:

Kashiwagi... I dunno. I could possibly see that one.

Bogart posted:

It seems you cannot hang out with Hanako unless your Courage is at least Corpulent...

drat. Looks like I'll be working the hospital for quite a while.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know it's easier to catch the River Guardian in fog/rain, but is it still possibly, albeit, a low chance to get it on a regular day in January? Load/reload for an hour before finding out it's impossible.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Detective No. 27 posted:

I know it's easier to catch the River Guardian in fog/rain, but is it still possibly, albeit, a low chance to get it on a regular day in January? Load/reload for an hour before finding out it's impossible.

You can catch it on a regular day too. Just keep pulling your bait in until the water starts rippling like crazy. I caught mine at night FWIW.

I won't lie though, it isn't common.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 20, 2013

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
I've been going to shiroku pub to gain dilligence/intelligence instead of talking to the Dojimas because they're not ready to level up.
Should I be hanging out with them instead?

It seems like there's not many chances to get points with them so I have to just spend nights with them anyways right?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MeruFM posted:

I've been going to shiroku pub to gain dilligence/intelligence instead of talking to the Dojimas because they're not ready to level up.
Should I be hanging out with them instead?

It seems like there's not many chances to get points with them so I have to just spend nights with them anyways right?

To level them up I usually worked on the garden if they were both home but neither of them were ready to level up. You get some points with them, some Diligence, and you can get whatever useful crop comes out of your effort.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

RadicalR posted:

I still don't get the P4 guys's irrational dislike of Kashiwagi. "Wrong side of 40"? If a 40+ year old woman had that figure in real life :quagmire: She tries really hard, but she's no Hanako.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bogart posted:

It's the JC Tenton thread all over again.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Larsson posted:

You can catch it on a regular day too. Just keep pulling your bait in until the water starts rippling like crazy. I caught mine at night FWIW.

I won't lie though, it isn't common.
I gotta use the Inaba Jewel Beetle, right?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Detective No. 27 posted:

I gotta use the Inaba Jewel Beetle, right?

Yes sir.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Schubalts posted:

I still don't get the P4 guys's irrational dislike of Kashiwagi. "Wrong side of 40"? If a 40+ year old woman had that figure in real life :quagmire: She tries really hard, but she's no Hanako.

Usually I'm so busy gettin' all mad at the problematic elements of Naoto and Kanji's characterization that I forget that they are super loving lovely to Hanako too. She could have been a way more interesting character and with a good social link maybe even, rather than just an outlet for lovely fat jokes that pretend there are people who actually exist who are, say, overweight and are somehow magically not aware of all the poo poo and hatred directed at them constantly.

At least they avoided that part with the gay and trans characters by having Brosuke, Captain of the Gender Police, make sure it's crystal loving clear that he just doesn't approve of such deviation from normalcy :barf:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
My first introduction Hanako was that scooter scene, which was a way of telling us that "this character is not only fat, but an incredibly Bad Person as well". Imagine my surprise when she wasn't just a throwaway character, but was used as a reoccurring gag. It's a mean-spirited person used as a mean-spirited joke.

I'd go so far to say that the school camp and the beauty pageant/hot springs were the most offensively bad parts of P4. The only good things they gave us was Yu's deadpan stare as he got kicked off the cliff in the anime.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

At least they avoided that part with the gay and trans characters by having Brosuke, Captain of the Gender Police, make sure it's crystal loving clear that he just doesn't approve of such deviation from normalcy :barf:
Kanji isn't gay and Naoto isn't trans. Like I agree their characterization/writing isn't perfect but.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Detective No. 27 posted:

From what I've seen, Full HP/SP heal for EVERYONE (Including enemies), EVERYONE gets a status ailment, your party is knocked down, it's basically virtual Russian Roulette depending on what you're up against.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RadicalR posted:

It'd be like the reverse of a normal slink.

:cool: So I could use some help studying...
;-* SHOW ME YOUR ROOOOOM

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Mailer posted:

It'd be like the reverse of a normal slink.

:cool: So I could use some help studying...
;-* SHOW ME YOUR ROOOOOM

Thou art I... And I am thou...
Thou hast established a new bond...

It brings thee close to the truth...

Thou shalt be blessed when creating Persona of
the Lust Arcana- *record scratch*

RANK UP.
RANK UP.
RANK UP.
RANK UP.

Social Link Reverse!

RANK UP.
RANK UP.
RANK UP.
RANK UP.

RANK MAX.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I caught the River Guardian! To catch the Sea Guardian, I need to use Genji Beetles, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

Kanji isn't gay and Naoto isn't trans. Like I agree their characterization/writing isn't perfect but.

Which is exactly why the characterization of them is really hosed up. To make a long story short, it basically twists Jungian psychiatry to assert the exact things "reparative therapy" does.

• Locked thread