Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
MSPaint Adventures - I will have spent OBSCENE momey on Homestuck merchandise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

IUG posted:

And as someone's mentioned, it was 1 click to see Trickster Jane, 11 to see Jake, 111 to see Roxy, 1111 will probably be Dirk

1111 clicks would be beyond obnoxious and this might be the only thing that could make me wish Dirk would be left untrickstered.

I would accept 1111 in binary, though. (That's just 15 in decimal.)

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I... I bought it too. With the Dave autograph. :negative:

Oh well, after the apocalypse when all trade is barter this book will be worth more than gold. Worth more than bitcoins, even.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Roxy is going to produce a machine gun and shoot Dirk with 1111 bullets on full auto.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm just really having a hard time getting a mental image of what a Trickster Dirk would act like.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Feranon posted:

I... I bought it too. With the Dave autograph. :negative:

Oh well, after the apocalypse when all trade is barter this book will be worth more than gold. Worth more than bitcoins, even.

Why are we such a couple of gorgeous and sexy failures at not spending momey

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

life_source posted:

I don't believe anyone with a brain (goons) think this.

We think his issues make him completely hosed up, almost beyond redemption.

I didn't say that's how he's perceived, I'm saying that's how he's written. See again: Wesley Crusher.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I bought it too but with a Hussie autograph because I am at least not wholly irresponsible with my money, or at least I like to think so. Got round to buying the last two problem sleuth books and a ~MYSTERY SHIRT~ too while I was at it.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Hahaha, I feel sorry for anyone who made "I will make more responsible financial decisions" as their new year's resolution. Especially if they ever have to explain to anyone why they spent an extra fifty on the promise of a signature from a fictional character.

(I'm not going to lie, I'm considering it. :getin:)

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

I'm torn.
On the one hand, this is amazing. On the other hand, I just don't have the income to justify dropping 44 bucks on a collection ironically 'bad' art.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

AriadneThread posted:

I'm torn.
On the one hand, this is amazing. On the other hand, I just don't have the income to justify dropping 44 bucks on a collection ironically 'bad' art.

This is basically me, except that instead of $44, we're talking $94. If you don't get Dave's signature, what's the point of having it at all?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
:siren::siren::siren: CONSUMER ELERT :siren::siren::siren:

edit: Kinda wish I could have also had the option for both a Hussie sig and a Strider sig.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Looks like the book has author's commentary from Dave. I kind of want the book just for that. :allears:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Line Feed posted:

Looks like the book has author's commentary from Dave. I kind of want the book just for that. :allears:
Based on the example, it's no so much "author commentary by Dave" and more "author commentary by the double-fictional author of SBaHJ that Dave pretends to be". Which is getting really meta.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Note Block posted:

:siren::siren::siren: CONSUMER ELERT :siren::siren::siren:

edit: Kinda wish I could have also had the option for both a Hussie sig and a Strider sig.

The luxury ribone bookmark is the best part. :3:

Well, that and maybe the text on the spine of the book.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Thundarr posted:

The luxury ribone bookmark is the best part. :3:

Well, that and maybe the text on the spine of the book.

Both wrong, the best part is that the bar code scans as a bag of Doritos.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Ahaha, Topatoco already fell apart again. No matter how many times they upgrade their infrastructure, this happens with every mspa book launch. It's great.

Glad I didn't hesitate.

edit: More info for those deciding:

edit2: Oh, and the guy who made the cover put up a wallpaper of it, for those who want it: http://www.dumbgarbage.com/img/sbahj%20wallpaper.jpg

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 21, 2013

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Bobulus posted:

Ahaha, Topatoco already fell apart again. No matter how many times they upgrade their infrastructure, this happens with every mspa book launch. It's great.

Glad I didn't hesitate.

What can we say? Hussie knows how to sell poo poo. Make it good.

Or in this case, just bad enough to be worth calling good.

EDIT: Also, totally worth it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Haha look at that book. I would buy that book, with the autograph that is more expensive that the rest of the thing. I would leave that book laying out and stand around near it and be like, man get a load of my opulence. The ribbon is three feet long. Jesus Christ.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I might almost be tempted if Topatoco didn't charge $30+ for "we won't stamp on it too much unless we feel like it"-quality shipping to anywhere outside the US. And then there's possibly 20% VAT on top of that. Why does Hussie use them? :(

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

pumpinglemma posted:

Why does Hussie use them? :(

Because Topatco is one of the few publishing dealies that actually are orientated towards comics makers making money off of it, rather than the publisher taking advantage of them?

It's ran almost entirely by webcomics people.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Just in case y'all missed it, Hussie put up the press release on account of breaking the gently caress out of Topatoco. Again.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Press Release posted:

I'm not really sure what you call this. There's probably a German word for it, but I'm afraid to look it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_DjiLLDfo

Best $100.30 spent, ever. :negative:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

It's only when I got to the phrase "irredeemable Subway coupons" that I found the word that best describes this whole experience for me.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Freudian posted:

It's only when I got to the phrase "irredeemable Subway coupons" that I found the word that best describes this whole experience for me.

Uh... Wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I want someone to try to redeem the Subway coupons and document their experience.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Ablative posted:

Uh... Wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Probably not.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Press Realease posted:

It contains a completely gratuitous 4-page centerfold reading simply "centaurfold" in bright pink type.

Goddammit this is getting harder and harder to resist.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The printers' agent sits down at his desk across from Rowland. "Jeff, there's... a problem with your book."
Rowland glances over the list of errors he's just been handed then shakes his head. "Nah, that's all correct."
The agent stares at him for a second and says, with a note of hysteria "No you don't understand, there's a problem with your book."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I've heard of terrible products being purchased for ironic purpose but I'm hard-pressed to think of as many things being sold for ironic purposes.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Someday SBaHJ will be viewed as a cornerstone of 21st century literature. It may even become the book of scripture for a new religion, like that star trek cult from futurama.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I imagining the printers sealing the box for shipping, their eyes red from tears. Tears that will never stop.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

SynthOrange posted:

I imagining the printers sealing the box for shipping, their eyes red from tears. Tears that will never stop.

Tears of blood :unsmigghh:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Goddammit this is getting harder and harder to resist.

Yeah, I admit that was the part that pushed me over from vaguely amused to needing to have it.

But I draw the line at 50$ for a signature, that's just silly.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

My favorite part is the "Sweet Bro and Helpful Jeff" on the spine.

I wonder if they have any misprints and will be deliberately including them in outgoing shipments.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Sorry if I missed it, but is the signature a limited time thing or something? Or does anyone even know.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Sorry if I missed it, but is the signature a limited time thing or something? Or does anyone even know.

The whole thing is limited, as I understand it. Once their sold out, that's it.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

If you're doing it right you'll buy it for $44 then add Dave's signature yourself (possibly on every page?).

edit: Of course you'd have to charge yourself $50, but it'd be worth it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Opened the page, added it to my cart, though about my student loans, closed the page.

Read the press release.

The four page centaurfold

the three foot long bookmark

the travel edition

the subway application

Went back, opened my cart, placed order, no regrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The less people who get it signed, the more rare the signatures will be! think of the value approximately 50 dollars