Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Oh dear lord, I just went another week of games with the lovely backups lineup. This will end well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I'd take Cabrera out, but I can't really see any moves I could make that would gain me anything of consequence, sadly.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

A bad month, but oh well, it's the Expansion Cup, and bad production matches my team theme anyway. One roster change this month: Call up Shotton for Downing.

The outfield should be reconfigured as such (batting in the same order as currently):

vs RHP:

LF Shotton
CF Jacobson
RF Jackson
DH Simmons

vs LHP:

LF Shotton
CF Simmons
RF Jacobson
DH Cobb

I'm still not sure what the solution to the Collins/Bishop/Grich 2B trifecta is, so I'm still looking to trade one of them to force a resolution to my quagmire.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Lon Warneke to CL
Jon Rauch to SR
Orlando Cabrera to 2B
(until Vidro's injury ends)
Cooper Walker as the DH vs RHP

Is there any way to give rest to guys who are sore without adjusting lineups like crazy? Or can I have certain things like a "sunday lineup" or "Starter #5 lineup"?

At some point I'd like to rest Marion w/Cabrera and rest Slaughter with Cerv, but I don't want to spend an entire month like that.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League VIII, Dynamo League Week 18: Trapped!

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

ELEPHANTS TAKE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP WITH 9-0 WIN

Albany- The Elephants once more have life!

With a dominating 9-0 win, the Elephants completed a three-game sweep of the Albany Pessimists, winning their first Intercontinental Championship in the process. And, after months of struggle, that was just what the team needed. Juan Marichal pitched seven scoreless innings and Rogers Hornsby doubled and homered as the Elephants picked up their greatest victory of the season.

But their victory came on the backs of a crushing defeat for the Pessimists, who lost their title after only holding it for two weeks. BearDrivingTruck, perhaps the most negative owner to ever participate in the Super-League, saw only darkness in his team's future, "There's no hope for us now, is there? I mean, we're just going to lose and lose and lose, and then get relegated, and no one is even going to remember we played. I wish I weren't such a gently caress-up and could have built a good team, but I guess I just suck too much. Why can't I do anything right? And why do all of my first baseman hate me so much?"

The mood was considerably brighter in the Elephants' locker room where tatankatonk celebrated, for reasons unknown, by reading a portion of Ginsberg's "Howl", "Carl Solomon! I'm with you in Rockland!/Where you're madder than I am/I'm with you in Rockland/where you must feel very strange/I'm with you in Rockland/where you intimate the shade of my mother/I'm with you in Rockland/where you've murdered your twelve secretaries/I'm with you in Rockland/where you laugh at this invisible humor/I'm with you in Rockland/where we are great writers on the same dreadful typewriter/I'm with you in Rockland/where your condition has become serious and is reported on the radio/I'm with you in Rockland/where the faculties of your skull no longer admit the worms of the senses/I'm with you in Rockland/where you drink-"

"Enough of that...pretentious blathering." A new voice entered the room. Everyone turned to greet this new visitor, who turned out to be none other than Finger-Bangers' owner, and famed super-villain, The Merry Marauder, "tatankatonk...how good to see you again. And, even better, to see you with that belt. Last week, I tried to win the Intercontinental Title from the Pessimists myself, but came up one game short, and that was...well, quite disheartening. Fortunately, it appears that I have a chance to redeem myself, and finally become the first tetra-champion in Super-League history. Yes...you're starting to comprehend the gravity of your situation, aren't you, tatankatonk? Next week, we shall meet for in Fukuoka. Three games, four titles on the line, and one new tetra-champion...me. Enjoy your moment in the sun, tatankatonk, for your service in delivering the Intercontinental Title to me next week, you deserve a soupcon of joy. Just know that nothing lasts forever and this will last much, much shorter. Until next week, tatankatonk...farewell."

Understandably, the mood in the locker room became considerably more subdued after Marauder's speech, as the Elephants had lose the U.S. and European Titles to the Bangers the previous month, and a sense of dread lingered in the air.

GAME NOTES

-With the movement of the Intercontinental Title to a team not from the Bay Area, the newly restored Intercontinental Title was returned to action, and awarded to the Elephants after their victory.

-Did you know that, according to Wikipedia, Albany, California was named after Juan Albany, the man who invented the Mojito? Just take my word from it.

Box Score

Don May posted:

TORNADOS DASH PAST DERVISHES 2-1

Dubai- There is more than one way to build a team.

On display today where two different philosophies to building a team. The Dervishes with their strong defense, and the Tornados with their commitment to power up the middle and speed on the corners. Neither seems like a particularly sound way to build a team. Fielding, while it can help, is less important when it comes to winning than pitching or hitting. And getting power up the middle and speed on the corners makes it very difficult to assemble a roster. In the end, either team would likely be an underdog against more traditionally constructed teams such as the Finger-Bangers or Rockford Losers.

Today's game was tense, close, and ultimately decided when the Dervishes' offense simply did not have the sort of power hitting necessary to come back from a two-run deficit in the bottom of the ninth inning. They had scored once in that inning on a Guerrero RBI single, but their paucity of hitting caught up to them as neither Zack Wheat nor Gene Tenace were capable of driving in the tying run to send the game into extra innings.

This lead to another rant from Tornados' owner UltimoDragonQuest, who still doesn't have much of a personality, "Hey, fuckers! Stop saying that I have no loving personality! I've got a great personality! It is the greatest personality on the planet. When I walk down the street, people are continually telling me what an awesome personality I have. But all I here about is Smasher Dynamo telling everyone that-"

"Ah, yes, Mr. Chairman, I do believe that will be all that needs be said by you today." Steve, Prince of Fate, seeing things going wrong, took the microphone, "Quarking good game today, eh, lads? Those Dervishes from Dubai certainly showed us the potency of the Musselmen. But, much like Boabdil, it was only a matter of time before we drove them from the field of play." Steve then drank from a large mug of tea he had brought with him, "Ah, Darjeeling, that is the true drink of a gentleman. Now then, I would like to congratulate our young pitcher-man, Donald Drysdale for his expert pitchmanship. In addition, the alacrity of my own limbs certainly helped to turn the tide. All in all, a fine day to be a toranado!"

GAME NOTES

-Beet wasn't asked for comments after the game because Stan Musial, his interpreter was...unavailable.

-Alas, poor Noodles.

Box Score

Hardcore Title Defenses

: More Hardcore Title Defenses! But I'm not going to hire Yoshida back as my co-commentator! Instead, here's my new co-host, Johnny Hopp!
: ...
: He's a great co-host. Doug Fister will get the win for the Unspecifieds over the Bangers, and that can't make Marauder happy.

: Bangers even up the series, and in this four-game set, all the Banger have to do to retain is split the four games with the Unspecs.

: Unspecifieds win again, and that means that the final game of the series will decide who takes home the Hardcore Title. The Bangers' pitching has always been the weak part of the Marauder's team.

: And the Bangers will retain with a ninth-inning comeback.

: Next up, the Bangers have a three-game set with the B-Squad of the Spooners. And they'll win Game 1 over Ed Walsh. Nolan Ryan continues to be intermittently decent.

: The Spooners win, and Dan Quisenberry hits a double?

: But it doesn't really matter, as the Bangers pull out the win and the series.

: And that means next week will see another Tetra-Title Challenge, as the Intercontinental Champion Elephants take on the Tri-Champion Bangers. After that, it will be either Bangers-Unicorns or Elephants-Bloggers.

Team Statistics

Analysis

Atlee Hammaker has the second-most wins on your team. I want you to think about that.

Analysis

Not the best start to the month, as you drop a series to your division-rival Bloggers, but things like that happen.

Analysis

Your luck, she has run out.

Analysis

Best record in the Dynamo League. So, I guess we don't need to be that worried about new teams making it in the Super-League.

Analysis

I'm not sure what's wrong with Frisch this season, but this seems like it's time for Billy Herman to get a lot more playing time.

Analysis

Pure competence.

Analysis

Time for...Kerry Billingsley?

Analysis

It's going to be all about Pete Alexander in the Gauntlet.

Analysis

Some times teams just don't work out. This...is probably one of those times, though they'll have one last shot in the Gauntlet.

Analysis

Because I know we were all looking forward to the Bangers getting another shot at unifying all four titles.

Analysis

Topper Rigney, what have you done?

Analysis

Going 1-5 isn't fatal, but with two months left in the regular season, it's pretty bad.

Analysis

Trading Barry Bonds kept the Generics alive last season, but killed them in Super-League VIII.

Analysis

Cruising speed.

drat, that's a good rotation.

Analysis

Champions! Now sweep Marauder and you can be four times the champion!

Analysis

Bonds will come back in a couple of weeks, and that's when your playoff run, for a wildcard slot, most likely, will begin in earnest then.

Standings and Leaders

A. Go to Earth-1 and pick up the now-deceased Earth-1 Mark Grace's rocket cycle! - 2 votes

B. Go get a gyros despite the fact that horrible things happen whenever Mark Grace gets within 50 feet of that food! - 4 votes

C. Trigger Crisis on Infinite Graces! - 7 votes

The skies over Earth-2 Mark Grace's Lincolnwood home turned red and the ground began to shake. It was like the end of the world. But, before Mark Grace could do anything to address this latest crisis, he was suddenly surrounded by a bright blue light, so bright that Grace's eyes involuntarily snapped shut. When the light faded, and he could safely open his eyes once again, he found himself in standing in a large room, full of brightly-colored lights and arcanely decorated panels. In a nearby window, he saw the Earth in the distance, so small, so fragile looking. For the second time in his life, Earth-2 Mark Grace had been captured by alien for some unknown purpose.

"Be calm, Mark Grace of Earth-2," boomed a familiar voice coming from behind him. Mark turned around and found himself face-to-face with Marauder, that most villainous of owners. Mark's hands curled into a fist. It was clear he would have to fight his way out. "Ah, yes, you think I am up to no good. I can understand that, Mark Grace, I have done many thing that must seem unforgivably cruel to you. But things are not as they seem."

Mark Grace didn't feel like putting up with this poo poo much longer, "Get to the point, Marauder, all I want is a gyros and a rocket cycle, and you've taken me a long way from both."

"Of course," Marauder chuckled, "I will tell you the truth of the matter." Turning slightly, Marauder gestured, and some viewscreens on the wall flickered to life, displaying images of the Super-League, some that Mark Grace recognized, some that he did not. After all, he couldn't remember the Vigilantes ever winning a Super-League Championship. "There is more than universe, Mark Grace, they float side-by-side, never interacting. Or, at least, that's the way it should be. But now, one being threatens every universe in existence, and only you can help me save the day!"

DECISION TIME!

Will Mark Grace...

A. Demand Marauder produce a gyros right now!

B. Punch Marauder in the face, dude has it coming!

C. Grudgingly agree to help...but there better not be a loving Anti-Marauder involved...

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Trade Offer: 1997 Walker, 2004 Pedro, 2001 Irod for 1999 Piazza

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
B!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Oh, roster stuff! Grace to 1B, Dunn to LF for the week to rest Simmons. After this week, Dunn comes in at 1B.

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Trade Offer: 1997 Walker, 2004 Pedro, 2001 Irod for 1999 Piazza

EDIT: Clarifying this has not yet been accepted, and I'm shopping PIAZZA (1999) for any offers

Here's the deal I've been offered for Piazza.

Manatees get:
Larry Walker RF (1997 Colorado Rockies)
Pedro Martinez SP (2004 Boston Red Sox)
Ivan Rodriguez C (2001 Texas Rangers)

Cultists get:
Mike Piazza C (1999 New York Mets)

If anyone wants to offer me something better, go ahead. I'll need at the very least a replacement catcher, along with one or two other players: preferably starting pitching talent (I'll lean towards high K/9 guys for sake of my lovely defense) and a slugging corner outfielder. Feel free to offer whatever, though.

If no one beats this offer, I'll be accepting it somewhere in the next 24-48 hours or so. So consider it accepted at a later date if nothing better comes along. You've seen what I'm offered, now give me something better or watch me throw away the best catcher of all time for a volatile pitcher, a hacking pudge, and a... Canadian.

Oh, and I pick A because I'm a hongry mah-n.

GrickleGrass fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 21, 2013

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Alright, let's send Bedrosian to the DL and recall Bentancourt. Hopefully his couple weeks in the minors has cured his bad pitching. It appears Rhodes's latest injury may have broken him slightly, but no need to rush for a replacement pitcher until results necessitate it.

Voting B for the obit story.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
We demand gyros! A

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Can Anti-Marauder, Destroyer Of Worlds be any worse than Marauder, Destroyer Of The Super League?

I posit no.

C.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Monathin posted:

Can Anti-Marauder, Destroyer Of Worlds be any worse than Marauder, Destroyer Of The Super League?

I posit no.

C.

Anti-Marauder is me, I lose every trade I make

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
B.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Going with C for a adventure.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Just like school, the answer is always C

vs. Righties

3B Mcgraw
LF Hamilton
CF Speaker
RF Snider
SS Banks
C Campanella
1B Kelley
2B Robinson

vs. Lefties

LF Kelley
RF Steve
SS Banks
CF Snider
C Campanella
1B Hodges
2B Robinson
3B Cronin

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Alright. Halfway through the year, let's see what I can gin up here.

New Lineup vs DH
1) 1B Bottomley
2) SS Kuenn
3) 2B Hornsby
4) DH Walker
5) CF Cedeno
6) LF Blades
7) 3B Boone
8) C O'Farrell/Zaun (who takes over personal catcher duties for Frank House)
9) RF Gross

New Lineup vs no-DH
1) 1B Bottomley
2) SS Kuenn
3) 2B Hornsby
4) RF Walker
5) CF Cedeno
6) LF Blades
7) 3B Boone
8) C O'Farrell/Zaun (who takes over personal catcher duties for Frank House)
9) (Pitcher slot)

Bullpen
Forsch to SR, Hoeft to MR

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
:siren: Al McBean Watch: 8.1 IP, 14 K, 0.00 ERA

Also vote A

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Mornacale posted:

:siren: Al McBean Watch: 8.1 IP, 14 K, 0.00 ERA

This Owns

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Put Worthington back in, send Aguilera to the DL.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
I meant to do another one of the title histories tonight, but I can't muster up the energy. It will probably have to wait until the offseason. Sorry.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:siren:TRADE ALERT:siren:

Canton Catastrophes Receive
1973 Tom Hall
1978 Gaylord Perry

Dubai Dervishes Receive
1995 Brian Giles
1987 John Franco

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Monathin posted:

1973 Tom Hall
1978 Gaylord Perry

Dubai Dervishes Receive
1995 Brian Giles
1987 John Franco

Obviously, I'll need Beet to sign off, but my larger concern is why Beet would trade for an outfielder who couldn't play center field.

Not that I'm going to wreck the deal over it, I'm just a bit confused.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Monathin posted:

1973 Tom Hall
1978 Gaylord Perry

Dubai Dervishes Receive
1995 Brian Giles
1987 John Franco

The Dervishes consent this trade, with an added corollary to be confirmed by Mothanin

1978 John D'Acquisto to be immediately traded to the Canton Catastrophes in exchange for an agreement that, should both teams still exist in the offseason following SLVIII, the Catastrophes will send 1987 Eric Davis of the Cincinatti Reds to the Dervishes upon the re-opening of feeder access. If the Dervishes have been relegated, the Catastrophes keep D'Acquisto and the subsequent part of the trade is null and void.

I honestly figure Averill will survive the season once he comes back at the end of next week, I was more looking for 4th OF with more potential (maybe even to platoon with Vlad if he rolls really well). I know I could use a serviceable CF backup as insurance should I not get relegated.

Pursuant to confirmation/approval, my new bullpen will look like this after the trade, while Giles gets stashed in the minors pending further evaluation:
CL Rollie Fingers
SU Mike Stanton
SR Hoyt Wilhelm
SR Pedro Borbon
MR John Franco
MR Clay Carroll
LR Mel Harder

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Beet posted:

The Dervishes consent this trade, with an added corollary to be confirmed by Mothanin

1978 John D'Acquisto to be immediately traded to the Canton Catastrophes in exchange for an agreement that, should both teams still exist in the offseason following SLVIII, the Catastrophes will send 1987 Eric Davis of the Cincinatti Reds to the Dervishes upon the re-opening of feeder access. If the Dervishes have been relegated, the Catastrophes keep D'Acquisto and the subsequent part of the trade is null and void.

The Canton Catastrophes approve the D'Acquisto-Davis Contractual Boondoggle Addendum.

Revised lineup will likely come sometime in the next ten to twelve hours, if not sooner.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

I hate to post so frequently on one page, but I've come to a decision about my current pitching situation, and, you know what? gently caress it. Call up SP Kerry "The Engima" Billingsley and make him my 5th starter, moving Wes Ferrell to #4 and John Smoltz up to #3 (they should be sufficiently rested at this point, I think, based on the available information). Burleigh Grimes can gently caress off to AAA for the time being.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

New spreadsheet, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Lineup business to accommodate the sadness that is Andrew McCutchen and the happiness that is Robbie Cano's turnaround
- Pappas in for Lolich
- Orosco back to SR as he returns from injury, moving Aguilera down to MR as long as Al McBean remains dominant
- Bill Freehan catches for Hoss and Hendrix, Fisk gets the others
- Pitch Through Trouble slider down to 0

Two weeks.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Not the greatest month in the world. Slot Jake Weimar back into 5th starter. Urban Shocker moves to Long Relief and Nick Cullop to Middle Relief.

Jimmy Barrett takes up CF for Rick Monday for a month.

Any of the more experienced owner can give me a hand in setting pitching friendly sliders for the strategy?

CVE fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 21, 2013

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Lineup Changes
1. Grace - 1B
2. Cavarretta - LF
3. Pafko - CF
4. Glaus -3B
5. Sandburg - 2B
6. Dawson -RF
7. Dunston -SS
8. Molina - C ( 5 on 1 for Joey G.)
9. Salmon - DH (as needed.)

Bullpen

Mitch Williams to the 15 day DL

Percival to CL
Shields to SU
K Rod to Short
Chipman up from AAA To Short

When Williams is better back in for Chipman.

Other

Can my Mark Grace get a gyro or two to share with my team to make them play better?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Offer me relievers for '98 Biggio. Want to see what I can get for him.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

CraigK posted:

Offer me relievers for '98 Biggio. Want to see what I can get for him.

I offer Avery or the Korean bloke plus a bonus Blog Powell
Edit: wait what the gently caress is wrong with him.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jan 21, 2013

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Grinnblade posted:

Analysis
Remember when I said I had my doubts your bullpen could get games to Rivera? I retract that statement entirely. :stare:

That will teach you to expect things that are reasonable and likely to happen! :smug:

Anyhow it turns out that telling a bunch of 40-year-olds to play 20 days in a row is a bad idea, so time to shuffle things around.

New batting lineup:
1. Joe Jackson (LF)
2. Nap Lajoie (2B)
3. Derek Jeter (SS)
4. Alex Rodriguez (3B)
5. Fred McGriff (1B)
6. Hideki Matsui / Gary Sheffield (RF)
7. Bernie Williams (CF)
8. Pat Borders (C)
9. [Pitcher Slot]

Send Olerud to the minors and bring up Ray Chapman for the bench.

Give MYSTERIOUS WALKER Dave Stieb's slot in the rotation, because replacing an All-Star pitcher with a joke player is totally a valid move.

Bograt
Nov 4, 2009

MagNIFicent

Argh. Two outfielders tired/sore at the same time. This is actually kind of a pain in the rear end to relieve.

Griffey in for Henderson. Run Winfield full-time at RF, and Dunn full-time at LF. Have Winfield take Gwynn's slot in the batting lineup.

New OF arrangement:

LF Adam Dunn
CF Ken Griffey
RF Dave Winfield

Since he's rested now, put Aurilia back in for Templeton.

As soon as Henderson and Gwynn are back in shape (so, the next month, presumably), shift things back to the way they were, i.e.:

Outfield:
vs. Lefty:
LF Rickey Henderson
CF Tony Gwynn
RF Dave Winfield

vs. Right:
LF Adam Dunn
CF Rickey Henderson
RF Tony Gwynn

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

If nothing else, this will teach me not to stop checking Something Awful next time I go on vacation!

New Lineup:
RF Harry Heilmann
CF Ty Cobb
SS Joe Cronin
1B Todd Helton
LF Heinie Manush
3B Scott Rolen
C Darrell Porter
2B Joe Morgan
P --

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Unexpected reason this Super-League thread owns: I drafted the 42 Cards, which included young Stan Musial. I was looking up all kinds of stats to do research (I knew far less about pre-1990 baseball than I expected), and learned a lot about Stan the Man. After his recent death, I've been reading so much more, and it's been absolutely fascinating and rewarding to see how incredible he was in the game and in life.

Before this league I'd barely known about him beyond "hall of famer for the Cards from way back when".

So yeah. Just appreciating the motivation this thread gives me to find good stories about baseball.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
UZworm, would you be interested in trading Josh Hamilton? If you are, what would you be looking from my Failures?

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Edit: wait what the gently caress is wrong with him.

Wow, he's hitting even worse than my 39-year old Craig Biggio.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

mentholmoose posted:

UZworm, would you be interested in trading Josh Hamilton? If you are, what would you be looking for?

Absolutely. I can think of three needs I have: I could use another LF to replace him, another 1B so that Gallaraga can get knocked off my team and another good starting pitcher.

UZworm fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 21, 2013

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Revenant Threshold posted:

I'd take Cabrera out, but I can't really see any moves I could make that would gain me anything of consequence, sadly.

Here is one: Trade me Ivan Rodriguez and Addie Joss and I will send you John Olerud, Jorge Posada, and Dave Stieb. Rodriguez is injured for most of the rest of the season anyhow so you get a huge immediate boost at 1B and C in exchange for taking a mild hit to your pitching.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

UZworm posted:

Absolutely. I can think of three needs I have: I could use another LF to replace him, another 1B so that Gallaraga can get knocked off my team and another good starting pitcher.

Unfortunately I don't have much depth at those positions. I could send you 1992 Ray Lankford to play left (or center) along with your pick of 2011 Adrian Gonzalez or Kevin Youkilis. Or, hell, if you want, both of them, although I might need another hitter for my bench at that point. Youkilis I know can play third in a pinch, too.

Here's my roster - it's before the season started, but it's close enough to what it is now - if you feel like taking a look: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&pagenumber=83&perpage=40#post410464590

e: How about this:

1980 Joe Morgan
2010 Josh Hamilton

for

1992 Ray Lankford
2011 Kevin Youkils
2005 Craig Biggio
2005 Roy Oswalt

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Dynamo League Week 19 Injury Report

Florida Oranges
Alan Trammell (SS) (Alan Trammell was never on the The Simpsons!) - 32 days

Florida Dickshots
Steve Rogers (SP) (Frozen in block of ice!) - 22 days