Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Let's go have a SWOLE SESSION with Nidai, then cool down and compare action figures and talk hamsters with Gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I like this group of students a lot better than the last one. For voting, I'll say Souda because I'm worried about him, and Gundam because this?

orenronen posted:

Cute... little hamsters...?

...T...Thank you.

ADORABLE.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Let's go hang out with Nidai and Togami.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
Togami and Sonia, please!

Screaming Eye Beam
Sep 2, 2000

"How many times have I hit you?"
Voted Togami and Sonia, as both of them ruled hard in that last update.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
It's really hard to choose who I want to know about more, so let's just start with the folks at the forefront of today's events: Togami and Souda. I've got a bad feeling about Togami in particular, because Monobear isn't going to just sit back and let our returning player dominate the game.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

Zandar posted:

Because if all Monobear said (and backed up with selective evidence) was that he survived, the implication would be that he killed someone and got away with it. Combined with Togami assuming a leadership role and trying to gain everyone's trust in this game, it wouldn't look good for him.

It may not be the same Monobear, so there may not be any evidence to create the implication, and still, in this situation, wouldn't you rely on the survivor, regardless of the possibility of them being a sucessful murderer.

equilibratum
Oct 9, 2012
How about we go for Sonia and Souda instead?

Ironicism
Apr 2, 2011
I really like Sonia and Souda so far.

pepperoni and keys
Sep 7, 2011

I think about food literally all day every day. It's a thing.
Let's play some games with Chiaki, and check out Gundam's animal shenanigans.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Chiaki and Souda.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Nagito and Togami.

ultrakirby64
Dec 30, 2012
Gundam and Chiaki

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
Togami and Chiaki

Sunsetaware
Jun 2, 2012

Nagito and Souda.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Ibuki and Chiaki.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
Let's go on a powertrip with Gundam and Hiyoko

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Woo, Free Time, Free Time, best time of the game times~

Going with a vote for Nidai and Sonia. Best characters, darnit. :colbert:

And going to tally votes, as usual. Here's the count so far:

Gundam Tanaka: 52
Byakuya Togami: 51
Sonia Nevermind: 33
Kozuichi Souda: 18
Nekomaru Nidai: 16
Nagito Komaeda: 15
Chiaki Nanami: 13
Peko Pekoyama: 10
Fuyuhiko Kuzuuryu: 5
Hiyoko Saionji: 5
Ibuki Mioda: 5
Akane Owari: 4
Teruteru Hanamura: 3
Mahiru Koizumi: 3

Hilariously, Tsumiki doesn't have a single vote yet.
Gundam and Togami have a commanding lead, with Sonia solidly in third place. Nidai, Souda and Komaeda will need some serious catching up to do to have any chance.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 21, 2013

Donowitz
Feb 26, 2012

Togami and Sonia. They both acted quite unexpectedly during this most recent update and I'd like to see more.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

RefinedUndefined posted:

It may not be the same Monobear, so there may not be any evidence to create the implication, and still, in this situation, wouldn't you rely on the survivor, regardless of the possibility of them being a sucessful murderer.

...no. No, if there was a strong possibility that Togami was a masterful con-artist who killed someone to escape the exact same situation that he was now in, I don't think I'd particularly want to take his advice.

Anyway, this is kind of irrelevant; all I wanted to say was that Togami doesn't have to die to be unable to hold the group together. If nothing else, he'll lose a lot of credibility after the first murder, and if even one person stops recognising his authority it'll breed an atmosphere of suspicion.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
Nidai and Togami

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
A thought inspired by the bomb/not-bomb/maybe-bomb- wasn't 21 days the amount of time that DR1 took place over? I could totally be misremembering that though...

And Togami and Nagito for free time since they're the two who make me go "what the hell is your deal" more than anyone. I will not be seduced into changing my mind by the siren song of HelloWinter's adorable as gently caress fanart.

Apropos of nothing question: It's been mentioned a that Let's Plays of the first chapter and no further of DR1 were encouraged by Spike Chunsoft. Was there any similar unofficial rule/encouragement for DR2?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Let's go with Togami and Nagito.

Azure Dreamer
Oct 14, 2012

wearing sunglasses makes me a cool kid
I'm going to go for Kuzuryuu because he seems neat and I wanna see more of him, and Nidai because MANLY SPIRIT.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Togami, becuase Togami, and Sonia, because she suddenly broke character in an amazing manner.

I think it'd be best to refrain from declaring someone "the best character" because the title holder keeps changing with every update. :allears:

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 21, 2013

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Wow, I was not expecting Gundam to have that reaction to having his hamsters called cute. :allears:

That being said, I'll just help pile onto the lead with Gundam and toss a wayward vote at Hanamura.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

Zandar posted:

...no. No, if there was a strong possibility that Togami was a masterful con-artist who killed someone to escape the exact same situation that he was now in, I don't think I'd particularly want to take his advice.

Anyway, this is kind of irrelevant; all I wanted to say was that Togami doesn't have to die to be unable to hold the group together. If nothing else, he'll lose a lot of credibility after the first murder, and if even one person stops recognising his authority it'll breed an atmosphere of suspicion.

Guess I misread your comment, sorry about that.

Dragoon Cody
Aug 3, 2011

It's time to make the moon fall.
Sonia and Gundam.

BliShem
Dec 21, 2008
Togami and Gundam

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Gonna go for Mr. Porkfeet Togami and Gundam though looks like they've already won this round. Sonia is very intriguing as well with that surprise profundity.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

There's something wrong with a 14-year old girl talking about all this sperm...
Even though I love Hiyoko, I'm gonna have to go with Gundam and Togami.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

HelloWinter posted:

My two choices are painfully obvious.

This update and this great picture are shooting Gundam and Sonia even further in front of the pack as my two favorites so far.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Akane and Sonia.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Gundam and Nidai! Gundam continues to be the best character ever.

Zhauth
Sep 4, 2012
And once again, HelloWinter is amazing.
I was going to be the single person voting for Mikan, but I'm going to vote for Togami and Sonia.

orenronen posted:

Technical note: the timer animates with flashes of random numbers when shown in background shots like this one. The fact that my still shots capture some of them is meaningless - the actual numbers that are supposed to be on the timer are more like the ones shown in the closeup before.
The numbers on the timer are an implied 21, and then 31:75:43. Since it's a timer that's counting down, it only makes sense for 43 to be in front of 21 to make 4321. Since we need to switch around the 43, this is a hint that we need to switch around other numbers, too. Therefore, we should switch 5 to the front of 31:75 to get 5317. And as everyone knows, the best twist is to do the exact same twist that you did before, so if we turn 5317 upside-down, we get LIES. What are the lies? Well, for one, Oren's note that the numbers don't mean anything must be a lie! :tinfoil:

orenronen posted:

He lifted his right arm and it's all wobbly! I have a nickname for him that fits perfectly -- "Mr. Porkfeet!"
Furthermore, this part stands out. "Porkfeet" is an anagram of "Pete Fork". The first result I found googling Pete Fork was the Wikipedia page for Peter Falk. Falk is not the same as Fork, so that must be a clue. Obviously this means that the islands that they're on are the Falkland Islands.
On the disambiguation page for Falkland, there's a town of Falkland in Nova Scotia. This means that the kingdom of Novoselic is actually Nova Scotia. Since Sonia was introduced at the same time as Teruteru, and Teruteru's voice actor voiced Lelouch, this world must have an alternate history from our world, especially related to Sonia, proving that Nova Scotia is Novoselic.
Speaking of voice actors, Sonia's voice actor voiced Himari in Penguindrum, so penguins must be a major clue to the truth of this world. The Falkland Islands have 5 species of penguins: king penguins, rockhopper penguins, magellanic penguins, gentoo penguins, and macaroni penguins. These penguins must represent our survivors.
-The king penguin obviously represents Sonia, who is actually the King of Canada (she's actually male, because again, the best twists are the ones you've done before).
-Ibuki is a rocker, and she probably hops, so she's the rockhopper.
-Magellan was a traveler, so the magellanic penguin must also be a traveler; guess who likes traveling alone? Mahiru.
-Gentoo is a type of OS, so the gentoo penguin represents Chihiro- I mean Chiaki. Their names both start with Chi, they both like computer stuff, and they were born on the same day (I think?) so they must be the same person.
-Finally, there's the macaroni penguin. Who does this represent? Well, just look at it, who do you think?
But enough about who survives, who's the mastermind? Well, the first Google result for Pete Fork that actually is related to someone named Pete Fork is an empty Youtube channel. The only clue here is the join date, April 17, 2012. What did Oren post that day? Update #60 of Dangan Ronpa.

quote:

Once again, his eyes closed...
...never to open again.

This time, his death...

...was an eternal one.
This must mean that this is a LIE. You can't have LIES without multiple LIES, of course. Therefore, Yamada is alive, is the mastermind, and is hiding in the Monoball until the timer hits 0, the ball drops to celebrate the new year, and Yamada is reborn from his monococoon like a beautiful butterfly.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Togami continues to be the best character, though Sonia may overtake him, we'll see. I can't recall how long a time period the first game took place over, but I think it was more than three weeks right?

Mods, please change Pork Lift's name to Mr Porkfeet tia.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Chiaki and Byakuya-sumo

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
Togami and Sonia

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Another vote for Gundam and Mr Porkfeet Togami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
Togami and Gundam

• Locked thread