Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

My WR is awesome, so are my other bikes

Don't worry I haven't forgotten about the manual, I've just been forgetting to bring it to work every day :) I will try my damnedest to get it out this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohms
Jun 5, 2008

spacescold.com

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

I usually hate the custom-painted tank bs but something about that....looks good man. I even like the dirtiness of it, as opposed to how clean that tank looks. Ever think about chopping that fender?

Thanks man! The tank is clean because I just put it on two days ago, haha. The rear fender has been chopped but now that this new tank is on I can see it needs to be chopped more. Only thing limiting me is that it needs to be long enough to throw my p-pad on from time to time. I know the whole single seat small rear end fender looks cool, but I need to be able to ride around with girls. That's an absolute must.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Nice bike, I think I may have seen that around on CL. We'll have to go for a ride sometime, you know since fat heavy cruisers and dual sports are so similar.

Yeah, it was on CL. Now I am in talks with another guy from a Facebook rummage sale to buy a DR-Z400SM. When summer hits I'd definitely be up for a ride or several. If I get the DRZ, the wife wants the DR350 and then it will be family rides and hooning.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Ohms posted:

Thanks man! The tank is clean because I just put it on two days ago, haha. The rear fender has been chopped but now that this new tank is on I can see it needs to be chopped more. Only thing limiting me is that it needs to be long enough to throw my p-pad on from time to time. I know the whole single seat small rear end fender looks cool, but I need to be able to ride around with girls. That's an absolute must.

Sweet ride, the range on a tank that small has got to suck though.

Shouting Melon
Mar 20, 2009

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that two totally different planets would both invent the compact disc?

PuntCuncher posted:

I keep forgetting you live in my neck of the woods. Need to do a weir road goonride.

Striple R's are great. Need to go and get the rear tyre replaced on mine tomorrow, I've been a bit too ambitious with it lately and the rubber has paid the price.

Let me know, I need an excuse to get the RS125 running again. :D

Ohms
Jun 5, 2008

spacescold.com

hayden. posted:

Sweet ride, the range on a tank that small has got to suck though.

I'm not sure what it is yet since I just put the tank on. And I won't really know exactly since I took my speedometer off, haha.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

SaNChEzZ posted:

Don't worry I haven't forgotten about the manual, I've just been forgetting to bring it to work every day :) I will try my damnedest to get it out this week.

Not a problem! I won't be doing any work on it immediately so take your time. I appreciate getting it regardless of how long it takes.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Yeah, it was on CL. Now I am in talks with another guy from a Facebook rummage sale to buy a DR-Z400SM. When summer hits I'd definitely be up for a ride or several. If I get the DRZ, the wife wants the DR350 and then it will be family rides and hooning.

Oh god please do, the SM is next on my list of bikes that I'd like to buy, though I'm afraid I'm years and years away from justifying another motorcycle.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Oh god please do, the SM is next on my list of bikes that I'd like to buy, though I'm afraid I'm years and years away from justifying another motorcycle.

Going to look at it on Sunday. He had it listed for $4k, and when I talked to him and asked him what he wanted for the bike, he said $3k. That was a bit of a surprise, in a good way. 5900 miles, jetted, and just has a dent in the tank from when the bike fell on the dude. And it's the best color: black.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Imperador do Brasil posted:

And it's the best color: black.

Chicken colour, best colour. :colbert:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Yellow/blue is indeed the best combo but I'll let it slide. $3k would be a pretty drat good price and now I'm mad again.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I was wrong about probably never redlining it.

You can see Mt. Hood in the center of the horizon in the first pic if you look hard enough. It was much clearer in person.

Found a very long, straight, mostly empty (nearest car was probably half a mile away) highway that I tried a couple hard accelerations on. Didn't quite get the front off the ground in either first or second.

Also, the shape of the fairings funnels cold air directly into my crotch.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 21, 2013

xd
Sep 28, 2001

glorifying my tragic destiny..

hayden. posted:

Also, the shape of the fairings funnels cold air directly into my crotch.

This is every sport bike ever (at least the ones I've had)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
The point this morning when i wondered where I'd put my bike cover:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Brrrrrrr

(also your pic covers the current riding game challenge)

nsaP fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 21, 2013

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

nsaP posted:

Brrrrrrr

So cold it even stopped leaking oil.

Also annoyingly the snowman I tried to make kept sliding off the seat. Next time it snows I'm putting the bike up on stands for the hilarious internet photo I have in mind.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
I thought you had a Tuono for some reason.

Still, get a tarp duder

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

biek abuse :(

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Got the ol' bike rack on my moto in San Francisco now. Don't have to rent cars anymore to go to bicycle races!

Thanks to Z3n for drilling out the holes on the rack for fitment and general advice. :)

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Now you just need a cop to pull you over for driving what is technically a more than three-wheeled vehicle that has a motorcycle registration.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I was just thinking of how to mount a camera to it...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Huh, I wonder what category that puts something like this, then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbW7wlb9FM0

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie

hayden. posted:

I was wrong about probably never redlining it.

Found a very long, straight, mostly empty (nearest car was probably half a mile away) highway that I tried a couple hard accelerations on. Didn't quite get the front off the ground in either first or second.

Good for you, enjoy the hell out of it. Getting any more comfortable for you riding position and seat wise?

You'll really have to work at wheeling that bike. Everything about it has been designed to keep the front end down and the 1/4 mile time low.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Got the ol' bike rack on my moto in San Francisco now. Don't have to rent cars anymore to go to bicycle races!

Thanks to Z3n for drilling out the holes on the rack for fitment and general advice. :)

Awesome! Glad it all worked out...sorry to have to rush you out of the house after I got done making the brackets and drilling holes :)

kitsunamugen
Dec 22, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I really hope I'm wrong, but is that a Ducati?

because if it is, this picture horrifies me to the core of my being.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

kitsunamugen posted:

Aprila but same thing.

kitsunamugen
Dec 22, 2012
Ah, well that's completely different.

carry on with your cycle abuse. Practically a public service.

The snowman idea is excellent, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Regrettably, I don't live in a snowy area, so I can't do it myself.

I did have a nice ride home from work the other day in 42 degree C (107.6 F) heat in the
shade though.

I didn't die, but I often hoped I would.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
To inferior motorcycles that probably is abuse but Aprilia make them stronger than that. That thing has never spent a night indoors in it's life and is ridden almost every day in all conditions and there isn't a touch of corrosion anywhere on it.

kitsunamugen
Dec 22, 2012
shitstirring aside, I don't actually mind Aprilias. Back before sensible legislation was put into place, it was entirely possible to ride an Aprilia 250R on a learners permit in my country, along with a bunch of the Japanese 2 stroke crotch rocket equivalents.

If it's 250cc or less, it couldn't possibly be too powerful right? :downs:

I've always had a soft spot for the Aprilia 250R.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

kitsunamugen posted:

shitstirring aside, I don't actually mind Aprilias. Back before sensible legislation was put into place, it was entirely possible to ride an Aprilia 250R on a learners permit in my country, along with a bunch of the Japanese 2 stroke crotch rocket equivalents.

If it's 250cc or less, it couldn't possibly be too powerful right? :downs:

I've always had a soft spot for the Aprilia 250R.

NZ represent :)

I started on an NSR250 MC21. Not the smartest thing I've ever done.

kitsunamugen
Dec 22, 2012
You're alive, and apparently able to post coherently. You must have done something right. How long did it take for you to wise up and move on to something else?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

kitsunamugen posted:

It's an Aprilia Shiver.

:haw:

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Xovaan posted:

It's an Aprilia Shiver.
:haw:

Oh god. It took me entirely too long to get that.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

kitsunamugen posted:

You're alive, and apparently able to post coherently. You must have done something right. How long did it take for you to wise up and move on to something else?

About six months. Went to a GSXR-250 which was an endless mechanical tragedy, then a CBR400 and nc30. Ironically only crashed on the CBR400.

kitsunamugen
Dec 22, 2012
Ouch. I very nearly bought a RVF400 as my first bike, but piked out because the only available were 'refurbished' ones available under grey import rules from a dealer with a mixed reputation. I would have had to buy it unsighted aswell because the dealer is interstate. Wasn't prepared to take an $8000 gamble, so I bought a new 250 ninja... and dropped it a lot in the first month.

Also, yeah I'll admit I was slow on the shiver reference too. My shame knows no end.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

kitsunamugen posted:

Wasn't prepared to take an $8000 gamble, so I bought a new 250 ninja... and dropped it a lot in the first month.

It's almost like a right of passage. Until you've dropped a bike somewhere (My Hayabusa twice, both stationary. Left side, no damage. Right side, $2200 in replacement fairings) you're just not a real rider. :airquote:

Thinking of it now, I don't can't name a single regular rider I know that hasn't done something dumb that's resulted in a drop. Annecdata for the win.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I dropped my bike on basically the first actual ride I took around town when I stomped the kickstart while it was in gear :thumbsup:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Haven't dropped my own bike yet, knock on wood, but I dropped the riding school's bike by accidentally putting it in gear without clutching in. :downs:

I did a similar thing with my own bike, but then I was holding the brake so it just made the seat give me a good kick in the balls instead.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I have not dropped a bike yet. I'm sure that will change if I ever buy a brand new bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

It will change now that you've said that.