Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I like my buttons :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Aatrek posted:

I like my buttons :(
Submitted pull request that fixes the issue.

ferg used append instead of prepend in salr.js on line 322.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Master_Odin posted:

Submitted pull request that fixes the issue.

ferg used append instead of prepend in salr.js on line 322.

Whoops. Grabbing your changes now.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Not sure if this is a known bug, but the "Open updated threads" link currently does nothing.

I am on the newest build (1.5.4 at present).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
On single page threads, the dropdown menu on the page navigator is blank (I think it used to just say "1") and all the buttons look clickable even though there are no other pages to navigate to. Not a huge deal, but it keeps messing with me because I look at those buttons to tell if I'm on the last page of a thread or not.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Vykk.Draygo posted:

On single page threads, the dropdown menu on the page navigator is blank (I think it used to just say "1") and all the buttons look clickable even though there are no other pages to navigate to. Not a huge deal, but it keeps messing with me because I look at those buttons to tell if I'm on the last page of a thread or not.
Submitted pull request that fixes it for me. SA doesn't populate the div that SALR pulls from for the page count if there's only one page, so it just returns blank for a number.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

The new 219.css completely breaks the quick reply box now. The submit buttons are below the screen area.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is there an option to sort the only the User Control Panel new posts to the top, not sorting the forums list ones? The option is separate in Firefox.

horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004
Please add a recently used smilies menu in salr, I'm going nuts from remembering names of smilies I'm of course bound to forget and needing to pore over the available similes a dozenth time for the same ones I always use.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

LastInLine posted:

The new 219.css completely breaks the quick reply box now. The submit buttons are below the screen area.
You can still click the buttons, there's a single line of pixels visible/clickable at the bottom of the window.

Would still be really nice if this got fixed, though. :(

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

LastInLine posted:

Just TAB -> SPACE like a power user :colbert:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Aatrek posted:

Just TAB -> SPACE like a power user :colbert:
I do but it doesn't change the fact that it's annoying.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Is the drag & drop Imgur upload broken for anyone else? It doesn't react to pictures dropped into the box.

E: Also, hitting Escape doesn't close the quick reply box anymore for some reason. :(

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 19, 2013

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Any word on the thread list highlighting issue? Seems like the SALR colouring has a transparency so it's showing the default blue under it

e: Nevermind, just enabled it again and it seems to be working fine now :confused:

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 21, 2013

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Is anyone suddenly getting a ton of 'jump to last read post' buttons on the appropriate threads? Every thread I've previously read with new posts has three of them.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Same here. Going to turn off the button for the time being.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

Argas posted:

Is anyone suddenly getting a ton of 'jump to last read post' buttons on the appropriate threads? Every thread I've previously read with new posts has three of them.

Yeah, just noticed that myself and came to see if it was a known thing. Turning off the custom buttons reveals... well, poo poo if I know, because I've been using the buttons since before all the icon changes and big redesign.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Argas posted:

I'm getting it too.

Prize Loser
Nov 28, 2005

It's casual Friday! Pants are optional!

Argas posted:

They're making minor usability changes to the forums. On the live servers, even. Something they changed caused it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Factory Factory posted:

Turning off the custom buttons reveals...

Built in buttons that do the same thing.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Nthing the magic self-replicating buttons. Clicking them still works so I'm less than upset about it.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Okay, I think I see what's different. The forum default "jump to last read" has picked up a bit of fanciness. It has a number, a small carat, and a larger carat. The number and small carat light up red on hover, and the large carat remains as-is. However SALR hacks apart the normal button, it looks like now it's got three sub-elements to deal with and it's replacing all three instead of trimming out the new stuff.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This, basically.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Use the forums buttons you nerds. They look so much nicer.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

LastInLine posted:

Use the forums buttons you nerds. They look so much nicer.

I personally like the SALR buttons because the number of unread posts is what I usually look for and SALR's unread count stands out a bit better than the default forums'. The brighter color for the buttons pops out to me, but I'm not a graphics person so I can understand if it looks horrible to other people.

I still wish the unread count would get moved back to the other side of the buttons though. That and quote highlighting are pretty much the only parts of SALR I really use.

e: Since the bug with the buttons I've turned them off and the default ones are better than I remember, so v:v:v

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 22, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I just want the Omnibar Navigator back. :(

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I just want the Omnibar Navigator back. :(
Now this I can get behind.

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
It would be cool if the option to open all unread messages allowed you to choose more than one color to ignore. For instance, I use red to designate threads I read first, yellow for threads I read once I've read all the red threads, and orange is for megathreads I'm working my way through/I read when I'm bored. So the option to open only all the red threads would be super handy.

Also, "Automatically collapse large quotes" is in both Thread Options and Other Options, and only seems to work if you have it checked in both places.

awesomekittens fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 23, 2013

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid

Vegetable posted:

This, basically.

I have this problem as well.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
I am also having that problem.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

So are the other twenty people that posted about it. It's a known problem.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Any CSS gurus know how to force a "content" CSS property to be overridden? I've tried:

code:
.no-after:after {
    content: "";
}

$('a.count').addClass('no-after');
and
code:
$(this).css('content', '');
Neither seems to work. Just toggling the "content" property off in the Chrome dev tools doesn't work either. The blue button spam seems to be a repeat on the background, easily addressable but hardly passing with this weird > hanging out there.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ooookay, got some assistance from a goon via Gtalk. Just pushed out v1.5.5 that fixes the issue.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Aaand it's fixed. Thanks Ferg! :)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Quick Reply fixed in the POS. Ferg you own. :)

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Master_Odin posted:

Submitted pull request that fixes it for me. SA doesn't populate the div that SALR pulls from for the page count if there's only one page, so it just returns blank for a number.

Is this ever going to make it into the extension?

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

I did a quick search but is it possible to disable spoiler tags or add an option to remove them? I don't care too much for them

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is this ever going to make it into the extension?

I thought I released this? I'm on a fresh machine right now, it's working fine for me.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Is a fix for the "Open updated threads" link in the works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Ferg posted:

I thought I released this? I'm on a fresh machine right now, it's working fine for me.

I'm on v1.5.5 and mine looks like this on single page threads.

• Locked thread