Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

PleasingFungus posted:

If the "bio-robots" she's growing aren't Tic-Tocs, I will eat a hat.

It's perfect.

"Roast Beef' posted:

ohhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

PleasingFungus posted:

It's perfect.
Holy poo poo. And they grow when you plant them in the ground and everything. Holy poo poo.

Even if what Kat is growing isn't a Tic-Toc, the S-series guys are still going to flip their loving cores because guess what? Kat is essentially making a seed bismuth.

I love this goddamn comic.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
God help us if Kat decides to go the Dresden Kodac route.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

A student posted:

Well you really know how to be a buzzkill. :colbert:

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

A student posted:

What has Tom ever done to you that you go and say a thing like that.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

PleasingFungus posted:

Personally, I'm hoping that the Gunnerkrigg version of Evangelion is going to be WAY more awesome (and way less creepy)

:black101:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Tupperwarez posted:

Holy poo poo. And they grow when you plant them in the ground and everything. Holy poo poo.

Even if what Kat is growing isn't a Tic-Toc, the S-series guys are still going to flip their loving cores because guess what? Kat is essentially making a seed bismuth.

I love this goddamn comic.

I don't think the Tic-Tocs do grow in the ground. Pretty sure Ysengrin was lying about that since Red mentioned he came by a little bit after Annie left and killed her and that blue jabrony that was with her instead of showing up a few months later like he said.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Brightman posted:

I don't think the Tic-Tocs do grow in the ground. Pretty sure Ysengrin was lying about that since Red mentioned he came by a little bit after Annie left and killed her and that blue jabrony that was with her instead of showing up a few months later like he said.

You misunderstood this revelation. It's not that the Tic-Toc didn't grow, it's that Ysengrin deliberately left it to grow so they'd have something to be angry about.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Regy Rusty posted:

You misunderstood this revelation. It's not that the Tic-Toc didn't grow, it's that Ysengrin deliberately left it to grow so they'd have something to be angry about.

Hmm, guess I missed the bit about him burying it. Here's Ysengrin lying and here's Red saying what he did. Wonder wtf that was about then.

Also I smirked cause a few pages before that Red mentioned that fish guy.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Brightman posted:

Hmm, guess I missed the bit about him burying it. Here's Ysengrin lying and here's Red saying what he did. Wonder wtf that was about then.
Another possibility: is he lying if he doesn't remember planting it? :ohdear:

LooseLeafTea
Oct 17, 2012

Well, what do you say?
Oh man, so Coyote may have made him plant it and then extracted the memory, Because Reasons? Good point, didn't think of that... Daaang.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Another possibility: is he lying if he doesn't remember planting it? :ohdear:

Well, for one thing he's kind of going crazy, but there's no telling how many memories of his Coyote's taken. Maybe that's contributing to his craziness as well.

Reynardine is drat lucky he's bound to Annie.

Anoia fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 22, 2013

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
drat is this comic ever great, hadn't even thought about Coyote doing that. There's so much going on and so many callbacks and such that I suspect Tom's notes for the story are just plastered on the walls of a room with a web of yarn pinned up connecting various plot points and details :tinfoil:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Anoia posted:

Well, for one thing he's kind of going crazy, but there's no telling how many memories of his Coyote's taken. Maybe that's contributing to his craziness as well.

Reynardine is drat lucky he's bound to Annie.

Coyote obviously thinks differently of Ysengrin and Reynardine, seeing as Coyote saved Reynardine's body in stasis but has no issue with letting Ysengrin's rot away.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Brightman posted:

drat is this comic ever great, hadn't even thought about Coyote doing that. There's so much going on and so many callbacks and such that I suspect Tom's notes for the story are just plastered on the walls of a room with a web of yarn pinned up connecting various plot points and details :tinfoil:

The twist is the comic only exists in Russell Crowe's mind and we've actually been gushing over SYAC reposts. :tinfoil:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Conot posted:

Coyote obviously thinks differently of Ysengrin and Reynardine, seeing as Coyote saved Reynardine's body in stasis but has no issue with letting Ysengrin's rot away.

Well Reynard is a trickster spirit thing, like him, whereas Ysengrin is just kind of a jerk

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

But he is a jerk with a heart of gold. He's just mentally ill now.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

But he is a jerk with a heart of gold. He's just mentally ill now.

Body image issues aside, insanity is probably inevitable when you're straight man to the greatest trickster ever.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
He's also the butt of Reynard's jokes, so probably not worthy of respect in Coyote's eyes

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Conot posted:

Renard is a fellow trickster. Ysengrin is a pompous buffoon who falls in every single trap you might lay for him.

There's no fun in making a fool of Ysengrin because he's already a fool. Making a fool of a clever fox like Renard, on the other hand, is much more rewarding. Remember how Coyote said that Renard declined all of Coyote's gift, until his infatuation with Surma clouded his judgment?

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

Prison Warden posted:

Well Reynard is a trickster spirit thing, like him, whereas Ysengrin is just kind of a jerk

Ysengrin has been having his memories tampered with by Coyote and becoming more and more unstable as a result. Even the court thinks that he used to be sane, if aggressive.

:( I like Ysengrin.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Anoia posted:

Body image issues aside, insanity is probably inevitable when you're straight man to the greatest trickster ever.

For some reason, this just made me think of Ysengrin as a cosmic Al Borland.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

FriggenJ posted:

Ysengrin has been having his memories tampered with by Coyote and becoming more and more unstable as a result. Even the court thinks that he used to be sane, if aggressive.

I'm not saying he doesn't have his good points these days and what Coyote is doing to him now is still reprehensible.

However, he was still kind of a dick, way back before Coyote even came to the forest.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I think something tragic is going to happen to Ysengrin before this comic is over. :(

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Line Feed posted:

I think something tragic is going to happen to Ysengrin before this comic is over. :(

More tragic than has already happened? :ohdear:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Ursine Asylum posted:

More tragic than has already happened? :ohdear:

All I can think about now is him completely losing it and getting the Old Yeller treatment. :(

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Anoia posted:

All I can think about now is him completely losing it and getting the Old Yeller treatment. :(

At this point it would probably be a blessing.

e: Ysengrin almost seems like a senility/alzheimer's analogue, complete with random mood swings. One wonders if he regained his "sanity" (which is to say, all of those memories that Coyote's yanked out of his head), if he would choose to continue on or just off himself at the realization of how unlike himself he's become. :smith:

Alliterate Addict fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 22, 2013

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

FriggenJ posted:

Me too. It's difficult to think poorly of him after what he told Annie about her mom.

DayGloOreo
May 2, 2012

Fblthp had always hated crowds.

FriggenJ posted:

This. Just when Ysengrin starts showing that he can be a good guy, Tom drops this on us. I don't think I could stop reading if I tried.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

She IS pretty cool, gang.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Robot graffiti in progress!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I guess they're... consecrating the place, or something?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SHISHKABOB posted:

Maybe they're gonna draw some stuff and go 'what's this say?'

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Doctor Reynolds posted:

She IS pretty cool, gang.
You could almost call them... Cool and the gang.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

They're going to draw program instructions on the walls, turning the building into an impromptu robot heart and waking the original, giant, court-spanning version of Robox from his centuries of slumber. All will love him and despair.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ursine Asylum posted:

They're going to draw program instructions on the walls, turning the building into an impromptu robot heart and waking the original, giant, court-spanning version of RoboxBoxbot from his centuries of slumber. All will love him and despair.

For his wrath is great and terrible.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ursine Asylum posted:

They're going to draw program instructions on the walls, turning the building into an impromptu robot heart and waking the original, giant, court-spanning version of Robox from his centuries of slumber. All will love him and despair.

The court is a giant, growing robot.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

MikeJF posted:

The court is a giant, growing robot.

No, no. It's a golem.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Meowjesty posted:

No, no. It's a golem.

Y'know, this is actually possible, in a way. Might explain why the idea of growing robots is so important to them.

Maybe the Seed Bismuth was the thing from which Diego learned Golem Magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Shadow's face in the second panel is goddamn adorable. :3: