Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
edit- WOW I should read the thread so I don't look like a completely wrong idiot. My bad.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

During the Olympics this year when Gabby Douglas finished one of her rounds they cut to a commercial with monkeys and said something like "See? Even monkies can do it!"

DivisionPost posted:

This is nothing for NBC. After Gabby Douglas won her gold medal in gymnastics, NBC ran this ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs9FR4cr6qE

It's a terrible, terrible ad made exponentially worse by timing.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
http://www.empireonline.com.au/news/articles/2013/1/new-stoker-trailer-online/
New Stoker teaser, apologies if this has been posted. I really like this, the way the images cuts with the music at a high speed reminds me of that Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer from a few years back.

Zaburino
Jul 22, 2006
That trailer is so stylish that I don't even feel compelled to see the movie it's promoting.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zaburino posted:

That trailer is so stylish that I don't even feel compelled to see the movie it's promoting.

How about a more down to Earth trailer for a simpler film, then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwx1f0kyNwI

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I see we've cycled back to "Die Hard in a _________" pitches.

With all due respect, they're the best hope we've got.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DivisionPost posted:

I see we've cycled back to "Die Hard in a _________" pitches.

With all due respect, it's the best hope we've got.

Honestly I was half expecting a "Air Force One but in the White House" with president Aaron Eckhart as the lone survivor, setting up traps around the White House and beating the North Koreans out of it. Then at the end President McCallister gets lost and ends in New York again.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Isn't there a movie coming out that's basically that but with Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Probably

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Yes, it's called White House Down and directed by Roland Emmerich.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ursus Veritas posted:

by Roland Emmerich.

Oh now I know which one I'm watching.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wow, they had to throw in "The United States doesn't negotiate with terrorists!" and followed it up with an instant Die Hard rip-off/homage.

I'm amazed that Hollywood can pump out 5-6 of these a year and people still go to see them. I guess there's a constant supply of young people who haven't yet been inured to this kind of dumb poo poo yet.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

LesterGroans posted:

Isn't there a movie coming out that's basically that but with Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx?

Well this is going to be awkward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxNxqwRo_9c

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Now I have a White House.

Ho...ho....ho.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LesterGroans posted:

This one (Olympus Has Fallen) was super rushed into production because of the Channing Tatum one.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
White House Down is also being rushed...got moved up from an originally-scheduled November release date. This happened last year with both of the Snow White movies, and I don't think it was good for either.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The crazy thing about Olympus Has Fallen is that it was originally supposed to come out NEXT year. They're basically reverse GI Joe-ing it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Hopefully they're CGI'ing ghosts and ghouls and spectres into one or both films.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Here is Ray Winstone and a group of British gentlemen talking poo poo and beating rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBk8At1YfRI

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

Here is Ray Winstone and a group of British gentlemen talking poo poo and beating rear end.

I think I need to see this if only because it looks like they kept the chase made by the Top Gear guys.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I will see all these White House hostage movies.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

You and me both, pal. I hope this becomes a yearly thing like Paranormal Activity and Saw, where a different government facility gets taken over every 12 months and Gerard Butler has to rescue whomever is inside.

The Pentagon, the Washington Monument, the IRS, the CIA, the Supreme Court, the Library of Congress, Area 51, the possibilities are endless.

Hopefully Powers Boothe shows up in a couple of them, too.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Right?

Can't wait to see which one is Armageddon and which one is Deep Impact.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'll give you a hint: Morgan Freeman is the (acting) President in Olympus has Fallen.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'll give you a hint: Morgan Freeman is the (acting) President in Olympus has Fallen.

True. Poor Morgan Freeman, always President in poo poo movies.

I know I won't be able to watch the Channing Tatum/Jamie Foxx one without picturing Foxx's character as a descendant of Django now.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

which one is Deep Impact.

Hint: It's Olympus Has Fallen.

E: f,b

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
"There's an unknown aircraft over White House airspace!"

"How did this happen!"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope an airplane hit the White House in the movie, and the movie shows us the date is 9/11/2001 and it's set Over There in Fringe.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

DivisionPost posted:

Where's Danny Dyer?

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
Koreans seem to be the consistent not-Chinese baddies of choice in films and games. I wonder why its' always Koreans?

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Gonz posted:

Hint: It's Olympus Has Fallen.

E: f,b
Also like Deep Impact - it's coming out first, has a lower budget, and will likely gross less than White House Down.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Koreans seem to be the consistent not-Chinese baddies of choice in films and games. I wonder why its' always Koreans?
I hear that Red Dawn's antagonists were turned from Chinese to Korean because of Chinese investors. Wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing happened here.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Pierson posted:

I hear that Red Dawn's antagonists were turned from Chinese to Korean because of Chinese investors. Wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing happened here.

Oh definitely, the same thing happened with a video game called Homefront (details) which was written by the guy who wrote the original Red Dawn.

I do wonder why Koreans are the target of choice. Oh well.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Oh definitely, the same thing happened with a video game called Homefront (details) which was written by the guy who wrote the original Red Dawn.

I do wonder why Koreans are the target of choice. Oh well.

North Korea is like the Amish, they'll never know we're making fun of them.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Captain McStabbin posted:

I think I need to see this if only because it looks like they kept the chase made by the Top Gear guys.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Barudak posted:

That's kind of it - they're so walled off from the West as to be a safe target. China, though, is becoming an extremely lucrative market, and no studio wants to piss off the government there.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Barudak posted:

Case in point:

Sgt_Grumbles
Jan 10, 2006
STG. GRUUUUUUMMBLES!
First clip of Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Holy crap he is annoying. It's just Kutcher being Kutcher while playing dress up as Steve Jobs.

I'll stick with Pirates of Silicon Valley thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

ApexAftermath posted:

Holy crap he is annoying. It's just Kutcher being Kutcher while playing dress up as Steve Jobs.

I'll stick with Pirates of Silicon Valley thank you very much.

I so hope that Noah Wyle gets to be Jobs again in the Sorkin film.

• Locked thread