Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Elphiem posted:

Who wants to hear Tom Arnold again? Seriously...

Gary seems to have a Rolodex of washed up Jews that he keeps going back to for guests.

I just found out that Tom Arnold is Jewish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I miss "Hey How's Your News"

I miss the old intro music (at the beginning of the show)... was much more laid back then Rob Zombie.

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan

AxeManiac posted:

that's kind of an odd racist statement dude, lol.

Lol, I was half joking.

There's a group of "filler guests" though, regulars that keep coming back, Joan Rivers etc.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

I miss the old intro music (at the beginning of the show)... was much more laid back then Rob Zombie.

Which one? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MjIiLx1Nw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g--R0TF1OxM

(I think the switch was in 1994.)

prefect fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 18, 2013

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Man, I know I rag on Artie a lot, but pre-super fat Artie he was really good at saving a bad interview.
He pissed this girl OFF.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1gCULyoEC8

Manifest fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 18, 2013

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Manifest posted:

Man, I know I rag on Artie a lot, but pre-super fat Artie he was really good at saving a bad interview.
He pissed this girl OFF.

That has to be the dumbest girl on planet Earth.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Second one... was my de facto alarm clock for many years.

Finklemeyer
Oct 29, 2004
Pants?
Let's not forget http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvEGabqFmOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

I miss "Hey How's Your News"

When my girlfriend (now wife) and I would listen to the show on the way to work back in the day, she always thought Robin sang the first part of the "How's Your News" song and tell me how wretched a singer Robin was. I never felt the need to correct her, because it's not too far from the truth.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

DangerDummy! posted:

When my girlfriend (now wife) and I would listen to the show on the way to work back in the day, she always thought Robin sang the first part of the "How's Your News" song and tell me how wretched a singer Robin was. I never felt the need to correct her, because it's not too far from the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4etyJ4ZaYks

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

I've always been on THE OUTSIDE of the Stern fan world with my love of Benjy.
I hope this convinces a few more people that he's kind of brilliant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWh-I9rM-4

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Manifest posted:

I've always been on THE OUTSIDE of the Stern fan world with my love of Benjy.
I hope this convinces a few more people that he's kind of brilliant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWh-I9rM-4

Jesus his hijinx is hilarious. I love Benjy when he isn't given enough airtime to get into schtick. Kevin Bacon seemed to love it. He's even wearing a suit :lol:

dumbhand
Nov 5, 2004

WATCH OUT!

This is actually super cute and makes me love Robin much more. They should play this six months from now

at her funeral

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

dumbhand posted:

This is actually super cute and makes me love Robin much more. They should play this six months from now

at her funeral

ohsit son!

loving :iceburn:

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IERyev6Ti0

You don't look like a bodyguard, you look like a trophy for best bodyguard

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

-Atom- posted:

Really surprised this thread didn't get bumped a bunch by how interesting today's show was and how great the guests meshed with Howard.

The Revenge of the Nerds guys were interesting and kept up with Howard's flow nicely, Lena Dunham was just okay, but Kevin Bacon was hilarious and was knocking it out of the park.

That was a great show. I'm glad Howard addressed Kevin Bacon's Friday the 13th boner scene.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Allegedly, Artie was trying to pitch a reality TV show about himself a couple of years ago before he got the radio gig. I can't possibly imagine what that would be about.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Didn't he have a second book that should have been out by now?

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
It is due Apr 2013

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

FogHelmut posted:

Allegedly, Artie was trying to pitch a reality TV show about himself a couple of years ago before he got the radio gig. I can't possibly imagine what that would be about.

chicken parm and suicide

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That would be an interesting show. An hour of Artie going to different sub shops in the Jersey area. We get to watch him make a pig of himself.

"Oh my god this is like the best cheese steak ever."

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Hanzi is the new Chris Chan. I can hear the listeners sharpening their knives for his upcoming show.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

Hanzi is the new Chris Chan. I can hear the listeners sharpening their knives for his upcoming show.

Until Hanzi shoots a video of himself farting on a cake, there will be only one Chris Chan.
But seriously, I'd rather that time go to another hour of Black on Black.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I'm not sure what issue Howard had with the Fringe finale. I thought it wrapped everything up pretty nicely...

And he continues to perpetuate the myth that J.J. Abrahms has anything to do with these shows outside of their creation/pilot.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I've had a free Sirius trial in my car going for about three months now and I really have not heard one bit on Howard 100/101 that would make me think about paying for the service. The amount of times interviews are replayed is almost unbearable. It seemed that for about a week straight, every time I got in my car, the Bradley Cooper interview was on. Even the "History of Howard" stuff seems limited. You'd think with 30 years of material, they could air segments without repeating each one a dozen times. Also, I don't think there's a single host or show on 101 that I enjoy. It seems to be a dumping ground for guys who can't get decent work anywhere else. I mean, Jay Thomas? Are you loving kidding me?

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 22, 2013

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Can someone fill me in on whats going on with Hanzi? I heard a snippet of him on an ETM update, and it sounded like he was having a panic attack.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

haljordan posted:

I've had a free Sirius trial in my car going for about three months now and I really have not heard one bit on Howard 100/101 that would make me think about paying for the service. The amount of times interviews are replayed is almost unbearable. It seemed that for about a week straight, every time I got in my car, the Bradley Cooper interview was on. Even the "History of Howard" stuff seems limited. You'd think with 30 years of material, they could air segments without repeating each one a dozen times. Also, I don't think there's a single host or show on 101 that I enjoy. It seems to be a dumping ground for guys who can't get decent work anywhere else. I mean, Jay Thomas? Are you loving kidding me?

Jay Thomas actually has a daily show on the Stars channel or whatever it's called. I have no idea how he got the gig.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

Jay Thomas actually has a daily show on the Stars channel or whatever it's called. I have no idea how he got the gig.

Its just disappointing because when you listen to the first few Sirius shows, Howard is so full of energy and always talking about all the great things to come on the two channels (90% of which never materialized). I think it was a big mistake to debut two channels at once; it would've been better to start with one and maintain some level of quality. Flash forward to now and its pretty clear Howard has no interest in making any changes. I heard him talking about AGT auditions coming up in New Orleans, I'm assuming there's going to be no live shows for that entire week.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Haven't seen a single post about it but is anyone listening to the Artie Lange show? It's not a trainwreck and he's doing a pretty good job hosting and keeping things moving. I stopped listening to N&A a while ago and I'm now getting to know the twins- I love them.

Also I desperately hate Nick Dipaolo as a human being but I wish he were around just for the Obama inauguration stuff + the Patriots getting killed the other day. Artie slobbered all over Obama last night which I don't have a problem with, but it would have been so much better with Nick there being pissed off and passive aggressive.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

beep by grandpa posted:

Haven't seen a single post about it but is anyone listening to the Artie Lange show? It's not a trainwreck and he's doing a pretty good job hosting and keeping things moving. I stopped listening to N&A a while ago and I'm now getting to know the twins- I love them.

Also I desperately hate Nick Dipaolo as a human being but I wish he were around just for the Obama inauguration stuff + the Patriots getting killed the other day. Artie slobbered all over Obama last night which I don't have a problem with, but it would have been so much better with Nick there being pissed off and passive aggressive.

I think that is my biggest issue with the show now. Abbot & Costello is funny; Costello and his lackeys is not so funny. Yes Nick was an insufferable rear end, but you need a straight-man/heel to give the goofball something to play off of.

Maybe it will get better, but I find Artie much better when he gets to be the class clown rather than the host.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I've been listening to the Artie Lange show. It moves along better than I thought it would, but I think it'll take a bit of time to get a good flow. I was expecting it to be quite a mess at the start. Having rotating people in the chairs is kind of interesting, and also kind of distracting. I'm sort of enjoying it so far. I think it was better with Nick running it, even though I'm not much of a fan of Nick's. I'll give it time. I started listening to Howard because of Artie, so I'll follow him along until he "Belushi's".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

Its just disappointing because when you listen to the first few Sirius shows, Howard is so full of energy and always talking about all the great things to come on the two channels (90% of which never materialized). I think it was a big mistake to debut two channels at once; it would've been better to start with one and maintain some level of quality. Flash forward to now and its pretty clear Howard has no interest in making any changes. I heard him talking about AGT auditions coming up in New Orleans, I'm assuming there's going to be no live shows for that entire week.

Imagine how thin the content would be stretched if Howard had gotten three channels, which is what he said would happen before he got there.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Artie gets way better guests than Howard.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

What is the show content now, anyway? Is it masquerading as sports talk or is it just whatever Artie wants to talk about with no specific format?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Sand Monster posted:

What is the show content now, anyway? Is it masquerading as sports talk or is it just whatever Artie wants to talk about with no specific format?

Pretty much the same stuff. Mostly sports orientated, but will discuss other in-the-news stuff like the Golden Globes (though that was more with Richard Roeper).
Feels like there's more guests now. Still have the crappy musical guests though (sigh).

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

prefect posted:

Imagine how thin the content would be stretched if Howard had gotten three channels, which is what he said would happen before he got there.

"Howard 103: All Mariann From Brooklyn All The Time"

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Howard 103: People that will work for less than Riley Martin.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Eh when Howard first signed with Sirius he was throwing out ideas like crazy and teased a bunch of experimental poo poo that Stern fans would love. The whole idea was that you'd flip on the radio to see what was playing just like the television. Sadly the new shows and experimentation ended within several months.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Jay Thomas started on 102 as filler for when Bubba started doing a Friday morning show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Holy Calamity! posted:

Eh when Howard first signed with Sirius he was throwing out ideas like crazy and teased a bunch of experimental poo poo that Stern fans would love. The whole idea was that you'd flip on the radio to see what was playing just like the television. Sadly the new shows and experimentation ended within several months.

You mean you didn't love Tissue Time? And to the poster who asked, Hanzi is seriously bipolar and probably off his meds, so of course Howard is planning to give him an hour time slot to do a conspiracy theory show. Which will be a glorious trainwreck because like someone else said, the Stern Fans are more than likely already preparing their knives to bury in him. I actually kind of feel bad for the guy, he's already insanely paranoid due to his condition, and on top of that he has a large group of Stern Fans who really are trying to drive him crazy for entertainment!