Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Steelcore Dagger http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=100504

If anyone has one of these, that's what I saw linked and am looking to get my hands on on test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Medullah posted:

I completely forgot about PVP. Though when I tried to play the last time I got DOMINATED because 1) Skills years out of date and 2) Gear even MORE out of date.

Hey you played longer than me on Zek, did you ever know Caponne, Falpus or Sonantine? Sonantine was my cleric that I let a friend use when I quit, and the other two were characters he created and leveled before getting the account banned.

I get an itch every once in a while and I've done surprisingly decent for myself in PvP. Last time I was on there was a dude with an OOR healer and tank who was totally untouchable and way better geared, and a buddy and i still just trained the gently caress out of them, FD/Faded onto the healer, got both OOR characters killed, killed all the mercs and forced a zone. It's obviously hard as hell to break into but some characters (like rogues for example) are pretty easy to get up to speed.

And I remember Caponne, but I didn't know him. The name is just familiar, I'm sure I saw him around at times and feel like I scrapped with him from time to time

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

funzo2226 posted:

The froglok one is the best for making toons on live to copy poo poo over to test.

Dwarf rogue, you start outside the bank. Which is great when I had gold for December and the shared bank. :(

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

napster of meat posted:

Steelcore Dagger http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=100504

If anyone has one of these, that's what I saw linked and am looking to get my hands on on test.

I have one that I'm copying over periodically. Just waiting on Loyalty Points to tick over so I can buy an unattuner on Live so the copied version can be traded. Same name in game.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Flarestar posted:

I have one that I'm copying over periodically. Just waiting on Loyalty Points to tick over so I can buy an unattuner on Live so the copied version can be traded. Same name in game.

One sent my way would be real slick, thanks. I'm about done AAing at 81 and pushing to 85 later this week. Pizzaparty is the name.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Sadly, all of my live accounts are Copper/Silver, so I am restricted to 4 classes and races. I will try petitioning, but I am not optimstic. I hate a *lot* of things about FTP, and the whole "You must start in CR, you non-gold piece of poo poo, even though all of the home cities are from expansions that everyone gets for free any bloody way." I am extra bothered by the druid, because he was born in Kelethin before Origin existed, but got displaced to CR because he ended up being Silver for 6 months or so. A trifle, I know, but it is more the principle of the thing.

I am actually trying to think up names for a High Elf Mage, Drakkin Monk, and a Vah Shir Beastlord. This is harder than I thought. If anyone has any good suggestions, I am all ears. Nothing comedic or nonsensical - I just roll my eyes at people who name their characters rubbish like concatenations of real-world words, but something that *sounds* appropriate for the race and class.

PS All of my toons are male

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

JustJeff88 posted:

I just roll my eyes at people who name their characters rubbish like concatenations of real-world words, but something that *sounds* appropriate for the race and class.

PS All of my toons are male

Hmmm you shouldn't hang with my crew on Test then. :) Creemy Filling, Deiz Bravenutz (Barbarian of course), and Bueno Excellente, and my Troll Beastlord Gatorbanger are not exactly fantasy names. Props to anyone who gets the Bueno reference though.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Medullah posted:

Hmmm you shouldn't hang with my crew on Test then. :) Creemy Filling, Deiz Bravenutz (Barbarian of course), and Bueno Excellente, and my Troll Beastlord Gatorbanger are not exactly fantasy names. Props to anyone who gets the Bueno reference though.

My main has a fairly fantasy sounding name. My bard is named Yelle though. At one point I had a rogue named Grabby McTakestuff.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I think anyone who names their characters things like Selina Windcaller and Tomas Elvenwood and poo poo are gigantic nerds and not the type of people you would ever want to talk to. It's kind of embarrassing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RCarr posted:

I think anyone who names their characters things like Selina Windcaller and Tomas Elvenwood and poo poo are gigantic nerds and not the type of people you would ever want to talk to. It's kind of embarrassing.

Unless, of course, Tomas Elvenwood is an Ogre.

Boola
Dec 7, 2005

Flarestar posted:

I learn something new about the game probably once a week reading this thread. I had no idea there were unattuners.

I looked at my ranger, and he has enough crowns for 2 of them. I'll have a stone of the riotous and bone of the blademaster I'll be copying over for my characters that I can make copies of for others if anyone needs. They're level 85 required weapon augments.

Boola fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 22, 2013

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Boola posted:

I learn something new about the game probably once a week reading this thread. I had no idea there were unattuners.

I looked at my ranger, and he has enough crowns for 2 of them. I'll have a stone of the riotous and bone of the blademaster I'll be copying over for my characters now that I can make copies of for others if anyone needs. They're level 85 required weapon augments.

Holy. Dibs on a pair! Jhelora on test.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
I have a bard named Jukebot.

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.
My bard, Misterboots Pimpcat, is a black Vah Shir and named after my cat Mr. Boots.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

My bard, Misterboots Pimpcat, is a black Vah Shir and named after my cat Mr. Boots.

I have a friend with a Vah Shir Bard named Toonces Drivingcat. Haha...I'm suspect of anyone who makes a Vah Shir SERIOUSLY.

Boola
Dec 7, 2005

Dubious posted:

Holy. Dibs on a pair! Jhelora on test.

Sent

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

I would love a set on Pizzaparty the next time one is available, please.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Boola posted:

I looked at my ranger, and he has enough crowns for 2 of them. I'll have a stone of the riotous and bone of the blademaster I'll be copying over for my characters that I can make copies of for others if anyone needs. They're level 85 required weapon augments.

I'd love to get those augs. I already have a bone of the blademaster on Funzoe, but he needs a stone of the riotous. I'd love you forever if you could send both augs to my bard Riverrs too.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Boola posted:

If you could send a pair to Swaggerdagger and Belaya, that'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So my earlier questions about the 3k nukes on the rogue merc in the high 60's have been answered - with my rogue PC, I picked up one of the "consigned bite of the shissar" that are nodrop rogue-only, and said, hey why don't I try this out. BAM, nukes for 2700 out of nowhere at Level 60. 2-3 times in a short fight, easily. It must have been some sort of weird confirmation bias that was making me think they showed up in patterns for the mercs. But it's definitely some hot poo poo. Although it makes my best double-backstab for like 500x2 look like poo poo.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Boola posted:

Probably a huge queue but if you're still doing this, could you send 2 to Lasombr?

Thanks.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Devor posted:

So my earlier questions about the 3k nukes on the rogue merc in the high 60's have been answered - with my rogue PC, I picked up one of the "consigned bite of the shissar" that are nodrop rogue-only, and said, hey why don't I try this out. BAM, nukes for 2700 out of nowhere at Level 60. 2-3 times in a short fight, easily. It must have been some sort of weird confirmation bias that was making me think they showed up in patterns for the mercs. But it's definitely some hot poo poo. Although it makes my best double-backstab for like 500x2 look like poo poo.
In the same vein, try getting your hands on some Spider's Bite potions, they also provide you with a huge DD proc. Good for lesson burning.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Devor posted:

Wasn't the BS max at 60 like 1100? With a 15 dmg piercer and crit.

Maybe without the crit, since rogues were insane in SoV before AAs even came out.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

jetz0r posted:

Maybe without the crit, since rogues were insane in SoV before AAs even came out.
At 60 with a 15dmg piercer the BS max was precisely 1106 with Duelist disc running. :) Plus it could double of course. I remember always being ninja-invited to groups when we raided so we could mooch XP. The way mobs and particularly raid bosses resisted back then, rogues owned on raids.

Perick
May 27, 2003
GoonGrrrls = Teh WIN
Well drat, I never thought I'd be back to EQ but here I am. I've been working on copying a few of my characters over to test, but I do have a question for you guys. I haven't /claimed anything yet on Live, and I'm not planning on playing on Live at all since it's free gold sub on Test. So if I /claim on Test, it won't effect the /claims I have on Live...correct? Also, if I claim on Test...then copy the character from Live again, can I /claim again?

I think the last time I actually played the game was around the time PoK came out, so all of the changes since then have really surprised me. The whole mercenary thing kicks rear end and I can't wait to level up my mage and necro. Speaking of which, would you guys recommend the healer merc or the tank merc for those 2 casters?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Perick posted:

Well drat, I never thought I'd be back to EQ but here I am. I've been working on copying a few of my characters over to test, but I do have a question for you guys. I haven't /claimed anything yet on Live, and I'm not planning on playing on Live at all since it's free gold sub on Test. So if I /claim on Test, it won't effect the /claims I have on Live...correct? Also, if I claim on Test...then copy the character from Live again, can I /claim again?

I think the last time I actually played the game was around the time PoK came out, so all of the changes since then have really surprised me. The whole mercenary thing kicks rear end and I can't wait to level up my mage and necro. Speaking of which, would you guys recommend the healer merc or the tank merc for those 2 casters?

I was actually getting ready to ask a similar question about loyalty points. I know that the claims are account wide so they'll disappear on test so you should do it on live so you can copy it repeatedly. (assuming heirloom)

Also if you haven't done it yet, there are 3 bottles of adventure that are heirloom for claim. Always test copy those over repeatedly and never be without +50% exp. (I wish I had known this on my SK account)

As for the merc, use the tank mercs until about 60.

Does anyone know if loyalty points work similarly?

Perick
May 27, 2003
GoonGrrrls = Teh WIN
These items are all marked NO TRADE. Can they be mailed between characters on an account or are the ones tagged Heirloom the only ones that can be switched between characters on the account? I want to make sure I have a handle on how to work the system for this test server copy. Since I have the defiant armor and all of that, I'm guessing I will need to claim it on the character I want to use it on.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

jetz0r posted:

My rogue's using a 13 damage dagger until 65 when he can start using some of the better things I've found on the bazaar, and his backstab skill still isn't maxed :shobon:

Does having backstab +skill mods on one/both weapons make a big difference? I've got some pretty sweet Level 71 req daggers, but they've got no skill mods.

And as far as poisons, I'm definitely going to see about picking some up to copy over. Just too good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Heirloom's can be traded between any characters on the account.

Now for my question. Do you have to have a gold account to /claim or use Heirloom items? I've never claimed my xp potions, but I play on Test so I don't have a gold account.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

RCarr posted:

Heirloom's can be traded between any characters on the account.

Now for my question. Do you have to have a gold account to /claim or use Heirloom items? I've never claimed my xp potions, but I play on Test so I don't have a gold account.

No you don't need gold to claim. Claim the exp potions on live though and copy them (repeatedly)

You need a gold account for a shared bank which makes that part easier, but thats it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vomik posted:

No you don't need gold to claim. Claim the exp potions on live though and copy them (repeatedly)

You need a gold account for a shared bank which makes that part easier, but thats it

Are the XP potions no-drop? Or can they be sent to different characters?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: BAD INFO BEWARE

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Medullah posted:

Are the XP potions no-drop? Or can they be sent to different characters?

The only heirloom XP potions I've seen are the "hastened bottle of adventure" that are available on claim on new accounts. Every other one is no drop so you can't copy it. I used mine on a live server so I don't have it anymore for my SK which sucks.

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider

Vomik posted:

The only heirloom XP potions I've seen are the "hastened bottle of adventure" that are available on claim on new accounts. Every other one is no drop so you can't copy it. I used mine on a live server so I don't have it anymore for my SK which sucks.

Would claiming them on FV and testcopying remove the no drop/trade they have and allow me to trade them to my main on test?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Picnic Lunch posted:

Would claiming them on FV and testcopying remove the no drop/trade they have and allow me to trade them to my main on test?

I don't think so. I think on FV the no drop flag is still on the item it just isn't used, but when you copy it goes back to normal no drop.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If you had characters on FV with them already and testcopied that would work but the moment you get on test they're flagged no-drop again.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I asked someone in-game, but he is feeling a bit wonky, so I thought that I would ask someone here: Is there any kind soul who would be willing to do a tiny Smithing project for me? I just need 2 Steel Boning to do the last phase of the quest for the Innoruuk Shaman snare necklace, and I am rather short on play time right now and don't have a skilled smith (only 37 trivial, but still) in my roster.

If anyone could whip up a couple of those and post them to Nylander on Test, that would be grand.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

I asked someone in-game, but he is feeling a bit wonky, so I thought that I would ask someone here: Is there any kind soul who would be willing to do a tiny Smithing project for me? I just need 2 Steel Boning to do the last phase of the quest for the Innoruuk Shaman snare necklace, and I am rather short on play time right now and don't have a skilled smith (only 37 trivial, but still) in my roster.

If anyone could whip up a couple of those and post them to Nylander on Test, that would be grand.

I'd bet if you shout in General Chat for them, you'll get them parcel'd to you in 2 minutes.

It's amazing how General is repeated "X is rotting, come get it" or "Hey, anybody want Y?" Generous Test...

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

You can just combine them with no skill. Just buy like 20 ore and press combine. Once you do it once it goes in your recipe window. Use experiment before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007
Alternately, you can raise your smithing to 37 by using practices at a guildmaster trainer (note: you can only raise TS to 50 via trainers. After that you have to do combines).