Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithrus
Oct 17, 2011
How feasible would it be to add/modify a hexblade pact? Specifically, I was hoping to make a dwarven elemental pact hexblade that used an axe instead of a heavy blade.

Mithrus fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Given that the pact weapon code is basically held together by duct tape and chewing gum, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Given that the pact weapon code is basically held together by duct tape and chewing gum, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
I'm pretty sure duct tape and chewing gum would be an upgrade.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Maybe you could use a khopesh? :v:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Aside from the mechanical side of feats applying to the weapon type, there's really no need to change anything aside from fluff about a hexblade's weapon. Hell, even if you want axe feats, you could just ask your DM if you could apply them instead of heavy blade ones. It doesn't require any change to the CB files. They won't show up on the power cards, but that's about it.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
There's no way to export a character sheet to a format viewable on an e-reader in either version of the builder, is there?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Print to PDF.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Now why didn't I think of that?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Hey, I was just curious whether there's some good homebrew hybrid stuff for fighters. Basically, I want to make a hybrid fighter (brawler style)/warlord, but it doesn't let me pick the fighting style for the fighter side of things. Is it broken or have I misunderstood how hybrids work?

edit; It's also not letting him select Scale Armor, although fighters come with that as a basic proficiency?

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 23, 2013

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
You're hitting the drawbacks of hybrids, basically.

The Brawler style (and the other, less manly styles) require the Hybrid Talent feat.

For armor, you're only proficient in things both classes are. This is different for weapon/implement proficiencies, where you get everything from both classes. (You can grab Fighter Armor proficiencies from Hybrid Talent, but then you couldn't grab Brawler; can only grab one thing with Hybrid Talent, and you can only take the feat once).

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 24, 2013

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
You can take it twice if you Paragon Hybrid, but that's a terrible idea.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Generic Octopus posted:

You're hitting the drawbacks of hybrids, basically.

The Brawler style (and the other, less manly styles) require the Hybrid Talent feat.

For armor, you're only proficient in things both classes are. This is different for weapon/implement proficiencies, where you get everything from both classes. (You can grab Fighter Armor proficiencies from Hybrid Talent, but then you couldn't grab Brawler; can only grab one thing with Hybrid Talent, and you can only take the feat once).

OHHHHHHHHHH. That makes sense. It's also okay, as he's just a meatbag DMPC anyhow and I can just handwave it for my purposes. Thanks a lot!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 24, 2013

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Another question - I've been on and off making homebrew stuff for a while now and I'm trying to start my own campaign with some of my own creations. One thing I want to know - I want to have some specific feats buyable with a point system, but I'm trying to figure out how to put them in their own category. Pretty much, they're pre-existing heroic feats that no-one takes because they're more for flavor, and I want to put them in a category so that I can give the players a boon that grants them a choice of feats within the category. However, they're already IN a category; is there anyway (with AppendNodes?) to create a new category and place them in there for selection?

hawk16zz
Jan 11, 2012
First off, I just want to thank everyone maintaining the index, cbloader is a great addition to the offline character builder and the index is essential!

Secondly, I started on adding some custom content for my groups campaign and so far everything has worked out without a hitch except for two thing.

First, I was adding a weapon we created for my character from an old 3.5e campaign we ran and as I was going about creating the feat and adding it to the weapon group my ranger would not automatically become proficient in its use. Here's the major parts of the xml code that I have...

code:
	<RulesElement name="Collapsible Rapier" type="Weapon" internal-id="ID_SERMAK_WEAPON_1" source="Custom Content">
		<Category> ID_FMP_WEAPON_PROPERTY_1,ID_FMP_WEAPON_GROUP_2,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ONE-HANDED,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_SELECTABLE </Category>
		<specific name="Full Text"> Collapsible Rapier
	</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Weapon Proficiency (Collapsible Rapier)" type="Proficiency" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(COLL_RAPIER)" source="Core">
		<Category> ID_FMP_WEAPON_GROUP_2,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MILITARY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MELEE </Category>
	</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Weapon Proficiency (Collapsible Rapier)" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_FEAT_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(COLL_RAPIER)" source="Custom Content">
		<specific name="_SupportsID"> ID_FMP_FEAT_178 </specific>
		<specific name="_RequiresID"> ID_SERMAK_WEAPON_1 </specific>
		<specific name="Short Description"> Gain proficiency with the Collapsible Rapier. </specific>
		<specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
		<rules>
			<grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(COLL_RAPIER)" type="Proficiency" />
		</rules>
You gain proficiency with the Collapsible Rapier.
	</RulesElement>

<AppendNodes name="Weapon Group (Light Blade)" type="Proficiency" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_GROUP_(LIGHT_BLADE)" source="Core" >
		<rules>
			<grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(COLL_RAPIER)" type="Proficiency" />
		</rules>
	</AppendNodes>
... he can use it (ie: gain the prof bonus) if I give him the feat and I see it's being merged to the light blade group via parthelper I just don't know why it's not being automatically added to his proficiencies. :bang:

Second, I can't for the life of me figure out how to insert a table, using...
code:
<table>...</table>
... throws out an error upon load and using...
code:
&lt;table&gt; ... &lt;/table&gt;
... parses the table as plain text and displays "<table>...</table>" in the description.

I just don't know where I'm going wrong in the xml. :confused:

On a side note, is is it possible to add a line to an enhancement to rename the item? eg: Instead of displaying "Flaming Longsword +1" it displays "Lavablade" or whatever else.
Thanks again for keeping the offline character builder usable!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

hawk16zz posted:

On a side note, is is it possible to add a line to an enhancement to rename the item? eg: Instead of displaying "Flaming Longsword +1" it displays "Lavablade" or whatever else.
Thanks again for keeping the offline character builder usable!

If I recall, you can right click on items in the builder proper and rename them. I know I did for one of my wizard's staves. You are looking for "customize" when you right click on an item.

hawk16zz
Jan 11, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

...right click...

That sounds suspiciously like common sense! I like your style. Thank you very much.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

hawk16zz posted:

That sounds suspiciously like common sense!
I... I think Drewjitsu might secretly be Deadpool...

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

scpredmage posted:

I... I think Drewjitsu might secretly be Deadpool...

:ssh:

code:
I don't know what your talking about
Shut up, brain.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

I actually just hold down the Shift key.
Is there some way to get the Character Builder in the OP that doesn't require Windows 8? Because that's what its asking me for.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
That's not the character builder, it's a Metro app that displays character sheets.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
A Metro app that I know absolutely nothing about, no siree... :smug:

As far as getting the LCB itself, I'm not sure we can discuss that here, seeing as that's kinda :filez:...

Quietlovingman
Feb 5, 2011
I am looking for a way to have a custom attack power granted by an item use either Int, Cha, or Con depending on the user of the power. Is there a way to build a power card that will correctly display the attack bonus information for only the highest stat? Or should just code 3 different versions and have them pick the item that matches their build?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
I know there are powers like that; my suggestion would be to look at how they're coded and copy that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Two small issues I've noticed. There's a few enchantments that don't use the weapon name properly. Firewind Blade should be Firewind Weapon, as should Shock Spear. You end up with stuff like Firewind Blade Fullblade or Shock Spear Greatspear, even though the enchantment is just Firewind or shock.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Hey, quick help question.

I finally figured out how to get CBloader to work and put it on, but all I have are the homebrew/3rd party mods and the stuff from the update I downloaded.

does CBloader auto update or something? Or am I using an old version?

(Version is 1.3.0 By the way)

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this? It doesn't give any compiling errors, and everything looks fine, but when it starts to load the builder it gives me an error and tells me to contact Wizards support (removing it makes it run just fine, though).

code:
<D20Rules game-system="D&amp;D4E">
<RulesElement name="ELTU3&#x2212;3 The Way of All Flesh" type="source" internal-id="ID_LFR_ELTU_3_3_2011" source="Core">
    <specific name="IsBeta">0</specific>
    <specific name="URL">[url]http://www.livingforgottenrealms.com/#gencon2011[/url]</specific>
    <specific name="Release Date"> 8/4/2011 </specific>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Bellavous, Bound Quasit" internal-id="ID_FMP_FAMILIAR_ELTU08" source="ELTU3&#x2212;3 The Way of All Flesh">
		<specific name="Speed"> 8 </specific>
		<specific name="Power"> Independent: Bellavous has no range limit on the distance it can exist away from you. Bellavous can open latches, turn knobs or move objects weighing less than five pounds.
* Arcane Concentration: Once per day as a free action, Bellavous can sustain an arcane power cast by you that would normally be sustained by you expending a minor action. The power ends at the end of your next turn.</specific>
		<specific name="Constant Benefits"> * You gain a +2 bonus to Arcana and stealth checks.
* You can read and speak Abyssal. </specific>
		<specific name="Secondary Speed" />
		<specific name="Senses" />
		<rules>
			<statadd name="Arcana Misc" value="+2" />
			<statadd name="Stealth Misc" value="+2" />
			<grant name="ID_FMP_LANGUAGE_7" type="Language" />
       			<grant name="ID_LFR_FAMILIAR-01" type="Power"/>
		</rules>
You managed to bind the quasit Bellavous to you. Bellavous is not happy about once again being under the thumb of yet another master, and will make his displeasure known at every opportunity (though he dutifully carries out his master's commands).
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Familiar: Bellavous, Bound Quasit" type="Power" internal-id="ID_LFR_FAMILIAR-01" source="ELTU3&#x2212;3 The Way of All Flesh" revision-date="02/26/2013 00:00:00 AM" >
<Prereqs> Unselectable </Prereqs>
  <specific name="Power Usage"> At-Will </specific>
  <specific name="Action Type"> Minor action </specific>
  <specific name="Information"> You managed to bind the quasit Bellavous to you. Bellavous is not happy about once again being under the thumb of yet another master, and will make his displeasure known at every opportunity (though he dutifully carries out his master's commands). </specific>
  <specific name="Size"> Tiny </specific>
  <specific name="Speed"> 8 </specific>
  <specific name="Constant Benefits"> You gain a +2 bonus to Arcana and Stealth checks.
You can read and speak Abyssal. </specific>
  <specific name="Secondary Speed"/> 
  <specific name="Senses"/>
  <specific name="Active Benefits"> Independent: Bellavous has no range limit on the distance it can exist away from you. Bellavous can open latches, turn knobs or move objects weighing less than five pounds.
Arcane Concentration: Once per day as a free action, Bellavous can sustain an arcane power cast by you that would normally be sustained by you expending a minor action. The power ends at the end of your next turn. </specific>
</RulesElement>
</D20Rules>

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
One thing I noticed right off the bat is the "type" is missing

<RulesElement name="Bellavous, Bound Quasit" internal-id="ID_FMP_FAMILIAR_ELTU08" source="ELTU3−3 The Way of All Fles

Should be this:

<RulesElement name="Bellavous, Bound Quasit" type="Familiar" internal-id="ID_FMP_FAMILIAR_ELTU08" source="ELTU3−3 The Way of All Fles

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
That was it! Thanks.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Is there any way you could add the new HotEC monk styles to the options for hybrid monks? I'd like to be able to play a hybrid DW monk.

Also, the Horned Ring from Halls of Undermountain is missing. It's a level 8 rare ring.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
I have a level 12 deva swordmage with the Immortal Warding feat and the Umbriri paragon path. This SHOULD give me resist 14 to both necrotic and radiant, but for some reason the racial and paragon path necrotic resistances are stacking with each other. Here's the code for them:

code:
<RulesElement name="Astral Resistance" type="Racial Trait" internal-id="ID_FMP_RACIAL_TRAIT_1138" source="Player&apos;s Handbook 2" revision-date="10/5/2010 1:47:14 PM" >
		<specific name="Short Description"> You have resist necrotic and resist radiant 5 + 1/2 level </specific>
		<specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
		<rules>
			<statadd name="Astral Resistance" value="+5" />
			<statadd name="Astral Resistance" value="+HALF-LEVEL" />
			<statadd name="resist:necrotic" value="+Astral Resistance" type="resist" />
			<statadd name="resist:radiant" value="+Astral Resistance" type="resist" />
		</rules>
You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage equal to 5 + one-half your level.
	</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Shadow Defense" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_574" source="Forgotten Realms Player's Guide" revision-date="10/5/2010 1:47:04 PM">
      <Category> 11 </Category>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Gain resist necrotic 5 + 1/2 your level. When you use Aegis power, until end of next turn, increase resist necrotic by 5 and deal 5 extra necrotic damage with melee basic attacks. </specific>
      <specific name="Level"> 11 </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="_shadow defense resist" value="5" />
         <statadd name="_shadow defense resist" value="+HALF-LEVEL" />
         <statadd name="resist:necrotic" value="+_shadow defense resist" type="resust" />
      </rules>
You gain resist necrotic equal to 5 + one-half your level.
    When you use any swordmage aegis power, this resist value increases by 10, and your melee basic attacks deal 5 extra necrotic damage. These benefits last until the end of your next turn.
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Immortal Warding" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_1142" source="Arcane Power" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:18:41 PM">
		<Prereqs> Deva, swordmage, Swordmage Warding class feature </Prereqs>
		<print-prereqs> Deva, swordmage, Swordmage Warding class feature </print-prereqs>
		<specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
		<specific name="Short Description"> Swordmage Warding persists while you're unconscious; add the AC bonus to Astral Resistance </specific>
		<specific name="Special" />
		<specific name="type" />
		<specific name="Associated Power Info" />
		<specific name="Associated Powers" />
		<rules>
			<statadd name="Astral Resistance" value="+Swordmage Warding" />
		</rules>
Your Swordmage Warding remains active even while you are unconscious.
Add the bonus to AC granted by your Swordmage Warding to the necrotic resistance and radiant resistance granted by your Astral Resistance racial trait.
	</RulesElement>
In theory, removing the plus signs from the first two should work, but it isn't. Anyone else know how to get this to calculate properly?

EDIT: Right after posting this, I noticed the typo in Shadow Defense; fixing that fixed the issue.

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 11, 2013

Dekar
Feb 17, 2011

Zemyla posted:

Is there any way you could add the new HotEC monk styles to the options for hybrid monks? I'd like to be able to play a hybrid DW monk.

Also, the Horned Ring from Halls of Undermountain is missing. It's a level 8 rare ring.

I'd like to add the options are missing from the multiclass feat as well.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Is there some reason that the builder would not calculate the attack bonus or damage for the Rogue's Garrotte Grip? All it shows is a '*' in the field, and I can't get it to display under the customized damage or attack workspaces. There was another daily that didn't display either.

I haven't had time to do any more testing to see if it's that power specifically, if it happens on every Rogue, etc., but I wanted to ask while I was still thinking about it.

sythspawn
Apr 5, 2011
Is the mail list still maintained? I sent some LFR items, and haven't heard anything. Just wondering if it got through.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

sythspawn posted:

Is the mail list still maintained? I sent some LFR items, and haven't heard anything. Just wondering if it got through.

Its still maintained I haven't seen any new LFR items.

sythspawn
Apr 5, 2011

Tivaan posted:

Its still maintained I haven't seen any new LFR items.

Just sent it again. There should be an attached jpg for the items.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Has anyone ever come up with a working implementation of Frostcheese or Radiant Mafia, i.e. giving powers the Cold/Radiant keyword if you have a Frost/Radiant Weapon equipped so that Merciless Cold and Silvery Glow and Gloves of Ice and all that calculate correctly?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Klungar posted:

Has anyone ever come up with a working implementation of Frostcheese or Radiant Mafia, i.e. giving powers the Cold/Radiant keyword if you have a Frost/Radiant Weapon equipped so that Merciless Cold and Silvery Glow and Gloves of Ice and all that calculate correctly?

I tried, I could never get it to work. :(

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I was able to manually add damage figures to power cards before via the character sheet viewer a year or two back, but I haven't been able to replicate it since.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, there's always copying the power into a custom part file and making the tweaks you need. That's what I'm going to be doing with my Runepriest when I get a Lightning weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I just noticed that the inherited expertise bonus for hexblade pact weapons is set to scale up at levels 15 and 25 when it should increase at 11/21 respectively. A little find & replace in 15-warlock.part as follows should fix this:
code:
&amp;15 level --> &amp;11 level
&amp;25 level --> &amp;21 level

• Locked thread