Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Blur did the intro to Dawn of War 2, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

bhsman posted:

Blur did the intro to Dawn of War 2, right?
They did the one for DoW1; Plastic Wax did the one for DoW2.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

SRM posted:

They did the one for DoW1; Plastic Wax did the one for DoW2.

Right, right, I always get those confused.

The DoW1 trailer is probably my favorite intro for a video game ever, though. :allears:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

humannature posted:

Yeah, I'm perfectly ok with that outcome too. My dream would be to see another game in the style of Final Liberation with all the factions (and cheesy FMV), but I suppose that probably wouldn't sell well.
This. So much. I miss all the games with the wonderfully cheesy FMVs. Only C&C kept it up. :smith:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

bhsman posted:

The DoW1 trailer is probably my favorite intro for a video game ever, though. :allears:

This is the correct opinion. Some people (read: Heretics) insist that the charge in the middle is stupid but it, in fact, is 100% badass and nails the mood.

:black101:

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

Soulfucker posted:

This is the correct opinion. Some people (read: Heretics) insist that the charge in the middle is stupid but it, in fact, is 100% badass and nails the mood.

:black101:

The charge in the middle is stupid, that's why it's awesome and metal-40k as gently caress.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Here are a couple of Belial kitbashes that are way better looking than the official model:

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
*!*LA GOONS*!*

So with the news that the LA Battle Bunker is closing I am wondering what my options are for playing on quality tables. My friends and I have a table I built as well as some homemade terrain but every now and then we get the urge to use the nicer stuff. We have gone to the one in San Pedro, the guy is nice enough but the tables are not that great and they have very basic terrain. Are there any options (gaming group, game store, goons house?) or must I step up my game and make an even nicer board and better terrain?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Phyresis posted:

Here are a couple of Belial kitbashes that are way better looking than the official model:

I actually don't mind the official model, but these are incredibly good looking! I think it says a lot about how good the plastic sprues are when the details are more intricate than they are on the actual character model.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So, all this trailer-chat and no one mentioned this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFGJQIW5ZM

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I bought the hell out of that game based on that trailer. It's so good I even forgave it for that.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
God I love me some Warhammer cinematic's. Now if only they could put that level of quality into a real movie.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

JesusIsTehCool posted:

*!*LA GOONS*!*

So with the news that the LA Battle Bunker is closing I am wondering what my options are for playing on quality tables. My friends and I have a table I built as well as some homemade terrain but every now and then we get the urge to use the nicer stuff. We have gone to the one in San Pedro, the guy is nice enough but the tables are not that great and they have very basic terrain. Are there any options (gaming group, game store, goons house?) or must I step up my game and make an even nicer board and better terrain?

Whoa, the bunker is closing?
Any sort of sale?

I'm a bit further up the road (in actual Los Angeles) so I play at Game Empire. It's not bad.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Phyresis posted:

What sword is that? Can't see it on the DW sprue or the DA upgrade sprue, and it doesn't look like Belial's sword.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Manifest posted:

Whoa, the bunker is closing?
Any sort of sale?

I'm a bit further up the road (in actual Los Angeles) so I play at Game Empire. It's not bad.

They aren't really closing, they are turning into a one man shop and getting ride of all their table space. They are not selling anything sadly (this was my first thought in hopes of getting a cheaper table/terrain) they are shipping it all to Huston or something.

Does Game Empire have nice tables and a lot of nice buildings and such? I honestly could care less about "the regulars" and the store owner as 90% of the time I play with people I know and not pick up games. I live in Manhattan Beach, so its not like the Bunker was close or anything, but theres really not a lot gaming wise going on in the Beach Cites so if we want to go to a store we are driving a ways anyways.

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...

Digital Jesus posted:

What sword is that? Can't see it on the DW sprue or the DA upgrade sprue, and it doesn't look like Belial's sword.

Looks like it's from the Black Knights kit

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Ghost Hand posted:

I'll have him send me some tonight.

Tentacle Maker

http://greenstuffindustries.blogspot.com/2011/12/tentacle-maker-saw-01-is-now-available.html

Comes in several different "sizes". I bought 3.

How did I ever get by without this?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That one looks good but this is the one I want to buy (comes in a set of 3 but doesn't have a guide along the side): http://fromthewarp.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/review-masq-mini-ultimate-tube-tool.html

link to the product page with newer videos (the plates are now clear instead of opaque): http://www.masq-mini.com/aid-240-Schlauchtool-Set-Neu-transparent.html

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 24, 2013

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Safety Factor posted:

So, all this trailer-chat and no one mentioned this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFGJQIW5ZM

Digic Pictures produced that. It was by far the best part of that piece of poo poo and probably the best "For The Emperor!" sequence we're going to see for a while. Blur also did the intro to the utterly forgettable Warhammer Online game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7JoKfJWcy0

Incidentally this cinematic was also the best part of that game, too.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Squig hunter as a pet class was inspired.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What's the deal with that blow-up squig? o.O

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008

Warhams :commissar:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

They missed the opportunity for it to be about a Harlequin forced to choose between a solid, dependable Craftworld Eldar, and a roguish, badboy Dark Eldar. It could have been a Harlequin Romance :v:

Everyone! BOO THIS MAN! BOOOO!!!

PierreTheMime posted:

I especially enjoyed them walking through a blank and cloudy desert for what seemed like half the film. They claim that Abnett wrote the film, but I have to assume he just drunkenly scrawled a couple of notes onto a bar napkin and a GW intern ran with it.

I think the best part of watching this film was Vermaxx referring to the Ultramarines as "we".

Natrapx
Jan 13, 2010

The x is for xenogamy
I was in a GW store over my (stupidly long, 5 hours) lunch break today, and found that they are forced to destroy unsold black library books if they are not sold before the next series of books come in. They literally had a bin full of books with the covers ripped off. It made me sad enough to plow more money into the black pit that is GW.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Natrapx posted:

I was in a GW store over my (stupidly long, 5 hours) lunch break today, and found that they are forced to destroy unsold black library books if they are not sold before the next series of books come in. They literally had a bin full of books with the covers ripped off. It made me sad enough to plow more money into the black pit that is GW.

That is a standard tactic for book sellers. It costs too much to ship them back, so they are just destroyed.

If you think that is madness you should have seen the stuff they tossed (and was definitely not nabbed by my friend) when they closed the store in Scarborough, Ontario. It was A LOT of stuff.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Indolent Bastard posted:

That is a standard tactic for book sellers. It costs too much to ship them back, so they are just destroyed.

Yeah, this is why books always have that little notice that if you purchased them without a cover you should report it to the publisher.

beerad
Nov 26, 2012
Via Facebook not too long ago

quote:

Dear LAtCS Army,
It pains me to write you this but after much thought and deliberation I have decided to step away from 40K and the Podcast. After recent changes in my personal life, I have come to the conclusion that I need to spend a little less time with my hobbies and a little more time taking care of things in my personal life. I love this hobby, and our show, and everyone that supported us through the years. Blake and Ed will continue the show without me and I'm sure they are gonna do a great job. Thanks for all the laughs guys. Hopefully I will see all of you later down the road. In the immortal word of Life After the Cover Save....

Rest in Peace BigCat.

-Josh

A sad day for the Warhams podcast community :cry:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Well that sucks.

But at least they had the best appearance of Carl ever on their most recent episode.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Indolent Bastard posted:

If you think that is madness you should have seen the stuff they tossed (and was definitely not nabbed by my friend) when they closed the store in Scarborough, Ontario. It was A LOT of stuff.

It's like the peaches burning scene in Grapes of Wrath, except instead of starving people its miniature wargamers. Level of sadness? About the same.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Wherever they's nerds rolling some dice, I'll be there. Wherever hams are crying cuz they don't got enough Black Library to read, I'll be there. And when our people play with their own models made in their own 3D printers, see, I'll be there.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
So uh...how kosher are non-GW minis?
Because I really hate the GW obliterators and uh...

And possibly "not Perturabo at all" Pro-Turbo, Archfather of the Iron Giants as a Daemon Prince.
http://hitechminiatures.com/2/product/info/88

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Schizotek posted:

So uh...how kosher are non-GW minis?
Because I really hate the GW obliterators and uh...

And possibly "not Perturabo at all" Pro-Turbo, Archfather of the Iron Giants as a Daemon Prince.
http://hitechminiatures.com/2/product/info/88

Most people won't care as long as the model makes sense, not sure what would happen if you were playing at a GW owned store, probably depends on the manager.

Also those look really cool.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
The company is in eastern europe, so I imagine when/if I order these they'll turn out to be highly toxic amorphous grey blobs.
On a related note their GUO is a giant rotting frog making GBS threads maggots. The audacity of the whole operation is rather charming.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
Army list gurus, I have a question: is there any way of actually dealing with AV12 Imperial flyers with Orks at 1k points? Conventional wisdom seems to be that Orks have the easiest time of it, but my Lootas and Dakkajet always seem to do too little too late. Should I be trying to find the points for more than one mob of lootas in my list? The Dakkajet's guns are just too anemic to reliably hurt an AV12 flyer, I've noticed.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Milky Moor posted:

What the gently caress is it about nerds that causes them to do poo poo like this?

Only someone who's never assembled a Thunderfire would ask this question.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lasting Damage posted:

Army list gurus, I have a question: is there any way of actually dealing with AV12 Imperial flyers with Orks at 1k points? Conventional wisdom seems to be that Orks have the easiest time of it, but my Lootas and Dakkajet always seem to do too little too late. Should I be trying to find the points for more than one mob of lootas in my list? The Dakkajet's guns are just too anemic to reliably hurt an AV12 flyer, I've noticed.

Lootas and dakkajets are the best bet unless you go forgeworld (with the awesome flakka gun). Loota mobs should be 10+, you can get away with one but most people will say take 2 mobs. The dakkajet is awesome at it, as you will be relying on a WAAAAGH to pump out a ton of shots with a decent chance to hit thanks to the flier ace rules (I believe... double check the FAQs). Yeah needing 6s to do glance sucks, but you should still be doing enough hull point damage to take out fliers.
Twin-linked rokkit koptas wouldn't be too horrible, but they can get expensive to take in big enough mobs like that as they are one failed leadership test to destruction.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Lasting Damage posted:

Lootas, Rokkit buggies, allies etc. Are flyers really causing that much damage though? Storm talons never shred me and if your opponent is spending 100s of points on Storm Eagles etc, just focus on the mission and clean the rest of their stuff off the board. Stop wasting shots on the flyers, all of your shooting is much less effective. There must be better targets.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

Raphus C posted:

Lootas, Rokkit buggies, allies etc. Are flyers really causing that much damage though? Storm talons never shred me and if your opponent is spending 100s of points on Storm Eagles etc, just focus on the mission and clean the rest of their stuff off the board. Stop wasting shots on the flyers, all of your shooting is much less effective. There must be better targets.

Necron Death Ray things are quite nasty because they're close to a S10 AP1 torrent, and Dakkajets make a mess of your army because the first time they shoot they're firing 18 BS3 S6 AP4 shots, re-rolling misses.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Raphus C posted:

I probably overreacted to the GK player that brings a Stormraven loaded with purifiers, since the damage it does isn't nearly as bad as the savaging his psycannons give me. However, I have an IG opponent that likes to take two Valks carrying flamer vets and after hammering my mobs with 4 pie plates I'm usually in a tough spot.

Maybe I'm just really bad at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Lasting Damage posted:

I probably overreacted to the GK player that brings a Stormraven loaded with purifiers, since the damage it does isn't nearly as bad as the savaging his psycannons give me. However, I have an IG opponent that likes to take two Valks carrying flamer vets and after hammering my mobs with 4 pie plates I'm usually in a tough spot.

Maybe I'm just really bad at this game.

Bah, you're playing orks. As long as you're making hilarious things happen on the table, aren't you the real winner?

• Locked thread