Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Perick posted:

Wow, thanks for the Enchanter info, I may roll one now that I can have a tank merc. 10 years ago when I last looked at playing one I couldn't put up with having to rely on a pubbie to tank for me.

All of you experienced mages...any tips that a returning player needs a refresher on how2mage? Mine is 37 and I haven't touched him since 02, from the little bit I've played him so far, having a merc is pretty kick rear end.
Here's a huge "returning to EQ FAQ" written from a Magician's perspective, although useful for anyone. It has a little mage info from the section about AAs and onwards.

http://www.eqmagetower.com/wiki/ReturningtoEQFAQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perick
May 27, 2003
GoonGrrrls = Teh WIN

Pilsner posted:

Here's a huge "returning to EQ FAQ" written from a Magician's perspective, although useful for anyone. It has a little mage info from the section about AAs and onwards.

http://www.eqmagetower.com/wiki/ReturningtoEQFAQ

Cool, that's a huge help, thank you!

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Medullah posted:

That's weird, I seem to remember enchanters being near useless. I used to group with this one who died all the time...Of course, that was WHEN I grouped, with my Necro I really had no need to. ;)

I was able to semi-effectively PvP through about early-mid luclin on my ~50 enchanter until everyone's MR was literally impossible to touch. My job was mainly to stay alive and be annoying and ambush dudes with hasted dual-wielding giant berserkers in GD, and goddamn was I good at it. I mean, if you can refer to post-kunark Enchanter PvP as "good" by any stretch when it doesn't involve Ancient Mez

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Started my Shaman and Magician duo on Test about an hour and a half ago. Now they're 42 and 41 due to me not realizing one was getting leadership XP. Just went into Great Divide, pulled the mercs out and pulled everything. Brought my cleric along in case of an overpull, but barely needed him unless I had 4 or 5 reds. Feels good, me of 10 years ago feels satisfied haha.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Does anyone happen to have any of the following they could copy to test:

eye of innoruuk
slime blood of cazic thule
level 85 SK 2h weapon
levels 80 and/or 85 SK 1h and shield?

I can't find any weapons in the test bazaar sadly.

If so could you please parcel it to Lasombr

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Vomik posted:

eye of innoruuk

I'll send you these later tonight.

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006

Comfortador posted:

I miss the old Enchanter, pre Kunark. (Just not in PVP once MR gear came out)

I felt like a loving GOD in Lower Guk. My group lived and died by me (and the cleric)

I called in to work once because the group I raided Fear with begged me to stay since I was the only enchanter. I was up til 4am, and it was awesome having so much control. That's pretty much the EQ'siest story ever.

My first char in EQ was an enchanter in early 2000. I had no idea what I was getting into, but I became pretty good at it, and can definitely relate to the feeling of being a good enchanter in somewhere like Karnor's (my lguk).

lovely chanters did die a lot. There's not much that taunted like a resisted mez, and if you got resisted by 7-8 drolvargs, you better have your colour stuns up or you're going down immediately. I'll always remember a bad pull in the courtyard of KC, where the war accidentally aggroed like 8 dogs, was going to eat it, but I told him to bring 'em on. Cue godly feeling of holding them all down on chain mezzes and saving the day. Ahhh old EQ, I miss those days, and it's too bad that even though I'm playing EQ again, it'll never be like that.

And AE groups! Some of the best fun (and xp) I ever got was AEing with a wiz and mage in lguk. So much fun, on the verge of extreme death all the time. Do people do those kind of PBAE groups anymore?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

blackmage posted:

My first char in EQ was an enchanter in early 2000. I had no idea what I was getting into, but I became pretty good at it, and can definitely relate to the feeling of being a good enchanter in somewhere like Karnor's (my lguk).

lovely chanters did die a lot. There's not much that taunted like a resisted mez, and if you got resisted by 7-8 drolvargs, you better have your colour stuns up or you're going down immediately. I'll always remember a bad pull in the courtyard of KC, where the war accidentally aggroed like 8 dogs, was going to eat it, but I told him to bring 'em on. Cue godly feeling of holding them all down on chain mezzes and saving the day. Ahhh old EQ, I miss those days, and it's too bad that even though I'm playing EQ again, it'll never be like that.

And AE groups! Some of the best fun (and xp) I ever got was AEing with a wiz and mage in lguk. So much fun, on the verge of extreme death all the time. Do people do those kind of PBAE groups anymore?

I was just messing with Comfortador because we played together back in the day.

That's actually how I felt as a bard too, before the days of /melody. I could twist 5 songs pretty easily, and was able to do 4 while swapping out instruments with hotkeys (before the days of bandolier). Mezzing a bunch of mobs was always pretty tough as a bard, because of the short duration, but I know I saved the day a few times just like your KC story.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Vomik posted:

Does anyone happen to have any of the following they could copy to test:

eye of innoruuk
level 85 SK 2h weapon
levels 80 and/or 85 SK 1h and shield?

I can't find any weapons in the test bazaar sadly.

If so could you please parcel it to Lasombr

I have one of 3 Sky bits, by the way. Just the Spiroc Feather, but it is a start - could have sworn that I had the Silver Disc as well. The 3 planar bits are the biggest problem with the Duckstaff, and if someone copies the Slime Bloody & Eye, you are well on your way. You just need to grab the robe somewhere and do the Sky bits. The Chardok camp will probably be very boring and long, but extremely easy.

Speaking of Chardok, I think that I posted this earlier, but I once kept 5/6 sarnaks on lockdown in Chardok on this steep, winding ramp in a guild exp group with my bard. I couldn't twist in any buff songs while I did it, and this was before Extended Targeting, but my God was my group impressed. The warrior in the group even posted on our guild forum about how amazing it was, but I was exhausted after 20 minutes of that (mentally and physically - my beautiful hands!) and had to take a bit of an AFK.

Not that I think bards are bad - quite the opposite - but I do wish that bards by about 80 had an instant-cast mez (even if it cost a lot of mana, which is hard to get back as a bard) that they could use on a long cooldown or something like that. It would also be nice if the extended target window had an icon saying "This mob is asleep", but now I am just spitballing.

Edit: Vomik, my 80 SK has as his 1-hander a Jumping Axe, which procs a Rune. I also have the Cutlass of Q-something, but I prefer the Axe for the additional Runic damage mitigation. I only go Sword & Board when I am tanking very challenging content, so every little bit of absorption/avoidance helps as far as I am concerned.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 25, 2013

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

Edit: Vomik, my 80 SK has as his 1-hander a Jumping Axe, which procs a Rune. I also have the Cutlass of Q-something, but I prefer the Axe for the additional Runic damage mitigation. I only go Sword & Board when I am tanking very challenging content, so every little bit of absorption/avoidance helps as far as I am concerned.

Runes are also huge aggro for whatever reason, my 1-hander has the Blessed Rune IV proc and a Jade of the Ether aug that procs Rune III.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

blackmage posted:

My main back in the day was also a Chanter. God they were fun. A good enchanter was night and day compared to a lovely one. I could lockdown 3-5 adds with mezzes, constantly interrupt casting mobs with stuns, keep everyone hasted and cracked, all while adding insane dps with a charmed and hasted mob. It was a lot of work, but if you were good at it, you were awesome.

PBAE grouping in Sebilis was INTENSE. The xp was ridiculous compared to anything else, but you were constantly a half second away from dying at all times. Jesus that was fun. We would clear the entire zone (except for down near Trak) in two or 3 pulls. I miss when EQ actually took skill.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

napster of meat posted:

Is there any way my SK could get these as well? His name is Cheney. I am planning on starting his epic next week. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Shrapnac posted:

Runes are also huge aggro for whatever reason, my 1-hander has the Blessed Rune IV proc and a Jade of the Ether aug that procs Rune III.

The nice part of rune procs is that it will cause additional aggro with any mobs around you if you're fighting more than one target. It's nothing terribly amazing for an SK that can AE aggro well, but it's always been pretty valuable to paladins.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

I have one of 3 Sky bits, by the way. Just the Spiroc Feather, but it is a start - could have sworn that I had the Silver Disc as well. The 3 planar bits are the biggest problem with the Duckstaff, and if someone copies the Slime Bloody & Eye, you are well on your way. You just need to grab the robe somewhere and do the Sky bits. The Chardok camp will probably be very boring and long, but extremely easy.

Thanks. I may need that spiroc feather. I also sent you a PM but if you end up getting a cloak from the keeper do you mind holding on to it for me? I believe the silver disc is a ultra common drop, so I'll just grab that on my necromancer (sadly can't multiquest every piece of it!)

I'll check on a live server for one of those weapons. It actually turns out that I bought an 85 1hb, so I just need a good shield and a new 2h. I might end up paying for allakhazam premium... anyone know if it is worth it?

napster of meat posted:

Awesome. Thanks.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Vomik posted:

I'll check on a live server for one of those weapons. It actually turns out that I bought an 85 1hb, so I just need a good shield and a new 2h. I might end up paying for allakhazam premium... anyone know if it is worth it?

http://eqresource.com/

The T1 armor from HoT, VoA and Rof are the non-cultural droppables you'll be looking for at 80, 85 and 90. You can just browse the lists and look for the knight weapons and tank shields.

http://hot.eqresource.com/groupgear.php -> sort by SK, T1.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
OK, so I now have transferring over any time I do a /testcopy:

For 80+ folks:

Dagger of Rotting Flesh
Brutal Enforcer
Hammer of Greatness
Ring of the Fearborn
Eclipse
Carved Bone Totem
Staff of Infinite Facets
Painmaker
Most of a full set of Terror Infused armor (the HoT T1 equivalent all/all armor, min-lev 80). This stuff.
A full set of HoT dream fragments for rank II spells.

For 85+ folks:
A full set of Rustic wraps (VoA T1 armor). Also transferring the armor pieces for plate if you can wear that, otherwise let me know which you need and I'll copy that instead.
A full set of VoA cantrips for rank II spells.
Steelcore Dagger
Darksteel Band of the Turncoat
Heartwood Bow
VoA-strength power sources for armor.

For lowbies not being PL'd:
The Horn of Hsagra

For fun:

Amulet of Necropotence

Things that I can unlock for transfer - these require me to use Loyalty crowns to purchase unattuners. I have no problem doing this, just don't want to waste them if no one actually wants the items.

Sliver of the Shieldbearer's Shield

PM me if you want any of this stuff - first come first serve.

Edit - As a note for those of you requesting Cantrips and Dream Fragments for Rank II stuff, keep in mind that VoA 92-95 spells require language progression, and HoT 89-90 spells require indifferent faction.

For VoA - Rank 2 spells are obtained from The Sklyg in Beasts' Domain by turning in "xyz Alaran Cantrip". No requirements for level 91, 25 skill for levels 92-93, and 50 skill for levels 94-95.

Flarestar fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 25, 2013

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

I have been keen to play an enchanter properly for some time (and do the adorable epic 1.0), but was concerned about how to advance swiftly given that enchanters are rubbish "normal" DPS compared to mages, rogues, etc. I think that bards get more overhaste and such, but at least up until 80 they simply cannot compare to enchanters in all of the other things that they provide, even with 6 song melodies + Aura (of which bards are only allowed one at a time).

In most cases groups will take the bard over the enchanter simply for pulling reasons.

That being said: enchanters change a lot post 90. You'll be able to essentially constantly dual-cast, which closes up the DPS gap a lot. An enchanter actually trying to do damage can put out pretty close to monk and ranger level damage - not quite as much as zerkers, rogues, and wizards, but they're nowhere near the sub-par dps they are previous to 90.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Flarestar posted:

For 80+ folks:

Dagger of Rotting Flesh
Brutal Enforcer
Hammer of Greatness
Ring of the Fearborn
Eclipse
Most of a full set of Terror Infused armor (the HoT T1 equivalent all/all armor, min-lev 80). This stuff.

For 85+ folks:
A full set of Rustic wraps (VoA T1 armor). Also transferring the armor pieces for plate if you can wear that, otherwise let me know which you need and I'll copy that instead.
Steelcore Dagger
Heartwood Bow

The Horn of Hsagra

Things that I can unlock for transfer - these require me to use Loyalty crowns to purchase unattuners. I have no problem doing this, just don't want to waste them if no one actually wants the items.

/drool, my rogue is nearing 85, and honestly all of the above for 85+ and including the Sliver of the Shieldbearer's Shield would be loving awesome. integ is my rogue's name. <3

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

RCarr posted:

Is there any way my SK could get these as well? His name is Cheney. I am planning on starting his epic next week. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am obsessive copier, so you'll get a set tonight as well.

Attention dudes on live servers with a good economy: I want a Hunger Tenderizer. 85-90 1HB from some VOA mob. Pretty please.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=101211

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider

Flarestar posted:

For 80+ folks:

Dagger of Rotting Flesh
Brutal Enforcer
Hammer of Greatness
Ring of the Fearborn
Eclipse

For 85+ folks:
Steelcore Dagger
Heartwood Bow

The Horn of Hsagra

Sent you a PM about some of that 85 stuff. Name is Hyeater.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I forget, is there a goon guild on Test? Seems like with all the generous test copying, a guild bank would be pretty useful. How does the GB work with Lore items, anyway? Can you have multiples?

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

Medullah posted:

I forget, is there a goon guild on Test? Seems like with all the generous test copying, a guild bank would be pretty useful. How does the GB work with Lore items, anyway? Can you have multiples?

One apiece. And there's a guild, yeah. Nobody's really managing the guild bank from what I've seen though, which is why I'm not dumping stuff in there for pickup.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

RCarr posted:

Actually the eye and slime blood are for the necromancer epic.

If anyone needs a full set of abstruse for SK I can copy over that as needed. Just send me a PM.

Also if anyone has abstruse for wiz/nec available I'd be glad to grab some of that.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Vomik posted:

Actually the eye and slime blood are for the necromancer epic.

I was just about to say this.

The feather for the Sky cloak quest (and the Disc) is droppable, so no worries there. The cloak quest itself IN sky is MQable, as is the bit of the necro 1.0 where you turn in the completed cloak. I can copy the feather from Test (probably get more anyway) and the disc is very common, so if I do get the Black Silk cape I can give you the feather and the disc and MQ the cloak for you.

I will just repeat this: I am going to run through Sky tonight (on Test; I almost decided to do it on Luclin due to the copy potential) just for giggles and some epic bits. I am planning to take my bard/druid/wizard/bard and a cleric and rogue merc and just tear through it (I am aware of what does and does not Death Touch). I would really enjoy some company, but I have never been all the way through Sky and I want to do it. I am also having a horrid day at work (actually in a meeting right now) and will be very, very drunk tonight. I encourage any goons to join me, both in the realm of Sky and the realm of inebriation.

I know that a few people expressed interest but cannot make it tonight. I did consider waiting until tomorrow, but as I found out this morning I cannot do that due to a massive project at work, so I am going tonight no matter what because I have not been this stressed since my qualifying exams in grad school and I need to kill things that used to annoy the piss out of me.

Hope to see some of you there.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Flarestar posted:

One apiece. And there's a guild, yeah. Nobody's really managing the guild bank from what I've seen though, which is why I'm not dumping stuff in there for pickup.

It's not exactly well organized because about two weeks ago there was three real people in the guild and the GL has been sick. v:shobon:v

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now
Is anyone testcopying plat still? Quillmayne is 92 but is brooooke and would really like to buy some fear-touched goodies. Optionally testcopying fear touched stuff would be sweet too!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
So I was making fun of one of those ridiculous furry housewives who send stupid poo poo to general chat like "*Purrrrrrr* *Giggle*" and accidentally Mistelled to general....been a pretty epic 20 minutes since, got some screenshots to post once she leaves me alone :v:

^^^ I can copy you a fat pile of plat, remind me when you're online

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

JustJeff88 posted:

Doing stuff in Sky.
If the Noble cycle is up and you happen to get an Efreeti Long Sword (and I'm not on and don't go with you) I'd really like to get my hands on it to complete Arydryidriyorn. Name is Pizzaparty if you do.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

napster of meat posted:

If the Noble cycle is up and you happen to get an Efreeti Long Sword (and I'm not on and don't go with you) I'd really like to get my hands on it to complete Arydryidriyorn. Name is Pizzaparty if you do.

Noted. In keeping with your appelation, please bring Pizza (and pointy hats in bright colours)

I might stop for a bit to farm the Keeper of Souls. I did some research online during this meeting because I can't be arsed to pay attention after being in meetings all morning, and I have a good idea of how his spawn & respawn triggers work and I would like to get a few (at least 2) capes. I found out yesterday that Sony are cuntwhistles (not that that is news) and made Trakanon immune to Mana Blaze even though my wizard should be able to 1-shot him with it. That said, I hope that the KoS is not so flagged, because he is an annoying DT feathered twit and I just want to blast him out of the Sky, wait for repop, and repeat.

I plan to loot everything that drops, and I am happy to share anything that can be traded or MQd that I do not personally want. Island 7 is my real goal (8 is just gravy), but I fancy that this will be a profitable venture for all. I do want to clear all of 8, and I plan to do the Noble cycle so that both bosses are up on 8 when (and if) I get there.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Flarestar posted:

For 80+ folks:

Dagger of Rotting Flesh
Brutal Enforcer
Hammer of Greatness
Ring of the Fearborn
Eclipse

For 85+ folks:
Steelcore Dagger
Heartwood Bow

The Horn of Hsagra

For fun:

Amulet of Necropotence

Edit - As a note for those of you requesting Cantrips and Dream Fragments for Rank II stuff, keep in mind that VoA 92-95 spells require language progression, and HoT 89-90 spells require indifferent faction.

For VoA - Rank 2 spells are obtained from The Sklyg in Beasts' Domain by turning in "xyz Alaran Cantrip". No requirements for level 91, 25 skill for levels 92-93, and 50 skill for levels 94-95.

Will send you a PM about some of the Terror Infused pieces this evening when I get home.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

I was just about to say this.

The feather for the Sky cloak quest (and the Disc) is droppable, so no worries there. The cloak quest itself IN sky is MQable, as is the bit of the necro 1.0 where you turn in the completed cloak. I can copy the feather from Test (probably get more anyway) and the disc is very common, so if I do get the Black Silk cape I can give you the feather and the disc and MQ the cloak for you.

I will just repeat this: I am going to run through Sky tonight (on Test; I almost decided to do it on Luclin due to the copy potential) just for giggles and some epic bits. I am planning to take my bard/druid/wizard/bard and a cleric and rogue merc and just tear through it (I am aware of what does and does not Death Touch). I would really enjoy some company, but I have never been all the way through Sky and I want to do it. I am also having a horrid day at work (actually in a meeting right now) and will be very, very drunk tonight. I encourage any goons to join me, both in the realm of Sky and the realm of inebriation.

I know that a few people expressed interest but cannot make it tonight. I did consider waiting until tomorrow, but as I found out this morning I cannot do that due to a massive project at work, so I am going tonight no matter what because I have not been this stressed since my qualifying exams in grad school and I need to kill things that used to annoy the piss out of me.

Hope to see some of you there.

I might be going out tonight, but if I end up at home I would love to join you. I've actually never been to Sky before, and I've always wanted to check it out. I also rarely play this game sober, so if I join you I will be recreating Crushbone with empty beer cans.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

RCarr posted:

I might be going out tonight, but if I end up at home I would love to join you. I've actually never been to Sky before, and I've always wanted to check it out. I also rarely play this game sober, so if I join you I will be recreating Crushbone with empty beer cans.

Well, since there is a spark of interest, I will say that I am going to go up at 8 Eastern/7 Central/6 Mountain/5 Pacific (about 90 minutes) so that there is plenty of time to do it all. I had to get up at 6:15 AM today, so I do not want to start too late as a combination of a poor night's sleep, early start, and that bottle of rum I just bought will probably cause me to fatigue early.

Just as an FYI for those who did not guild with me on Luclin and don't know: I was neither born nor raised in the US as is quite obvious, but have lived in the States for years, and am on Mountain time. I won't be more specific, but I am a few hundred miles dead south of Calgary, Alberta (but in the US) as a point of reference.

I would prefer not to multi-box, or at the least no more than 2 boxes at once (I am not a deft boxer and do not have Isboxer or any other software of the kind), but mercs work just fine in Sky, so 3 goons of about 80 with mercs (preferably J5, but hardly necessary) should be able to tear into Sky like a packet of crisps. Keep in mind that the Sky keys no longer disappear when you leave - they are just not tradable.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007
I have a question for the higher level players; my (93, but I'm going to level him soon) ranger is in full T4 Hot armor, and I don't know what gear to aim for after that. Are there mote/vendor type stuff for jewelry like in HoT? What should I be on the lookout for for RoF armor in the bazaar? I played a little bit of VoA but quit before I started gearing up through that; is that the stuff I should be looking for?

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Flarestar posted:

For 80+ folks:

Dagger of Rotting Flesh
Brutal Enforcer
Hammer of Greatness
Ring of the Fearborn
Eclipse
Carved Bone Totem
Staff of Infinite Facets
Painmaker

For 85+ folks:
Steelcore Dagger
Heartwood Bow

The Horn of Hsagra

For fun:

Amulet of Necropotence

Unfortunately on test would love things, poopsocking my 3box crew to 80 this weekend.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Not Grover posted:

I have a question for the higher level players; my (93, but I'm going to level him soon) ranger is in full T4 Hot armor, and I don't know what gear to aim for after that. Are there mote/vendor type stuff for jewelry like in HoT? What should I be on the lookout for for RoF armor in the bazaar? I played a little bit of VoA but quit before I started gearing up through that; is that the stuff I should be looking for?
Well, VoA armor is the next step up, but VoA group T1 armor is about on par, perhaps a tad better than HoT T4. There's no mote equivalent, but search the Baz and you'll find lvl 90/92 droppable stuff.

Also, just to make sure, are you in both visible and non-visible HoT T4? If you do all the HoT progression, you can buy upgraded versions of the non-vis stuff for dream motes, off the same vendor.

Personally my chars are mostly in full VoA T1 visible, and other pieces are a mix of bazaar bought stuff (my two high lvl chars, VoA/RoF droppables), dream mote gear (my two low lvl chars), a few VoA rots I got for free, and some nice stuff from last year's anniversary tasks.

PS: You can pretty much tell which tier droppable gear on the Baz is from by choosing Stat: Hitpoints, and sorting by the HP column. HoT T1 is around 950hp, VoA T1 around 1450hp, and RoF T1 around 2000hp.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007
Yeah, I'm in "full" full T4, with jewelry/etc, and it's all auged up. I was just hoping there would be an easy way to get everything at once, like you can/could with HoT at 80. I looked around alla for a bit and found how to make RoF T1, so I guess that's what I'll be looking for.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

You know, why didn't I think of making some RoF armor? :confused: Too busy levelling I guess. Thanks for the tip, so to speak. :) That stuff looks so easy to make, with no tradeskill or no drop component.

Edit: Feck, not a single Fear Touched armor component on the bazaar. :(

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 26, 2013

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Not Grover posted:

Yeah, I'm in "full" full T4, with jewelry/etc, and it's all auged up. I was just hoping there would be an easy way to get everything at once, like you can/could with HoT at 80. I looked around alla for a bit and found how to make RoF T1, so I guess that's what I'll be looking for.

You can make RoF T1, or pick up the RoF random drop armor. If you're on a live server, the RoF armor will be plentiful and cheap. It has a bunch of different names and sets, so try the sort by hp option in the baz and look for the stuff around 2khp.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Is there anyone on Live with a Scuffed Traveler's Rucksack that we can turn into a billion Scuffed Traveler's Rucksacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would kill for a few of those on Test. I hate not having enough room for my poo poo.