Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
In the notes for book 1 Hussie claims that fancysantakind is the deadliest specibus of all. Foreshadowing???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Nate RFB posted:

I wonder how and when the weapons will get into the Lotus capsule. They go in now, I don't think, because Dirk/Roxy/Jane were the last things to presumably enter the thing and it's a first-in-first-out sort of queue. So I guess, somehow the weapons get made and someone (Gamzee) goes back in time and dumps them into the lotus.

They never did explain how Gamzee got a Zillyhoo in the first place, did they? I...guess it's this one, somehow?

Maybe? Gamzee would need to travel back in time and also back to his home universe to drop that off. The heavy space/time duality in the comic makes me think that time travel fixes your physical position. There's also this:

lotus circle posted:

Gamzee already has it because of his Jokerkind Modus, but I imagine he gets the hammer very early on through more sinister means (considering Caliborn confirmed that he can somewhat mind control people, or at the very least influence them to do what he wants, through Lil Cal).

I had thought the Jokerkind specibus just allows you to wield any weapon, but it makes more sense in relation to a joker card to take the place of any weapon you don't have.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Dark Grapefruit posted:

In the notes for book 1 Hussie claims that fancysantakind is the deadliest specibus of all. Foreshadowing???

The final attack on the final boss is going to just be some variant of a storm cloud of ZZily Fanzy Stantzas.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Nate RFB posted:

I wonder how and when the weapons will get into the Lotus capsule. They go in now, I don't think, because Dirk/Roxy/Jane were the last things to presumably enter the thing and it's a first-in-first-out sort of queue. So I guess, somehow the weapons get made and someone (Gamzee) goes back in time and dumps them into the lotus.

They never did explain how Gamzee got a Zillyhoo in the first place, did they? I...guess it's this one, somehow?

He could have just made it himself when no one was looking.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Isizzlehorn posted:

So, after all this insanity, it got me wondering..

Why's all the Sbahj gone? Hasn't been updated in, like, forev's. Did the book suck all the Sbahj creative content out of Hussie the whole time, or is he done Sbahj'ing for good?

Man that book can't arrive soon enough, need my fix.

I assume it's because Dave got bored of writing them during his journey.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

I assume it's because Dave got bored of writing them during his journey.

But he doesn't NEED to, didn't he have the SBAHJifier? Or did Davesprite have it?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Dorroile posted:

But he doesn't NEED to, didn't he have the SBAHJifier? Or did Davesprite have it?

He seems a little bored with the whole concept, kind of like when he was complaining about a lack of fresh material. Dave and John both seem to be moving away from their younger selves' tastes.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Cabbit posted:

So, what, we're thinking ghost jailbreak and Vriska gets the cutlass?

Only if she she makes it a Pop-A-Matic Cutlass of Vrillywair.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
My 2013 calendar and SBaHJ book both arrived today! :woop:

Now I'll be able to read the comics while simultaneous knowing whether or not it's Tuesday, you fat nasty trashes.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
And Jane with the hangover-face. Nicely done. :golfclap:

Also I see chains, she's on her Prospit bed, isn't she?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
What in the overcooked lemon-meringue gently caress just happened

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Jane's face is amazing

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Don't lick the hallucinogenic lollipops, kids.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh god this is beautiful :allears:

Also Caliborn is directly talking into the narrative at this point. Should we be worried? :ohdear:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I think this is the only time I would ever find the "AND THEN NONE OF THAT poo poo EVER loving HAPPENED" explanation acceptable.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God drat, that face is perfect. Reminds me of the one time I tried MDMA and was hungover for days afterwards. Appropriate, all things considered.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Color Printer posted:

Oh god this is beautiful :allears:

Also Caliborn is directly talking into the narrative at this point. Should we be worried? :ohdear:

Well, aside from the fact that he's just as freaked the everloving gently caress out as Jane, he's talking through the narrative. So yes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oh poo poo.

Oh poo poo.

And, a third time, oh poo poo.

I am saying "oh poo poo" because Caliborn is finally intruding on the narration.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

mr. stefan posted:

I think this is the only time I would ever find the "AND THEN NONE OF THAT poo poo EVER loving HAPPENED" explanation acceptable.

Yeah. God that trip was such a bad trip. Jane is positively freaked the gently caress out.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

So wait did none of that actually happen? Or are we just skipping to post-bad trip, but calling it A6A5A1?

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Trickstermode should've gone on for at least a couple more weeks since it was a direct response to loving idiots whining about how ~sad~ and ~whiney~ it was before that.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Wrist Watch posted:

So wait did none of that actually happen? Or are we just skipping to post-bad trip, but calling it A6A5A1?

Either is perfectly acceptable, but for everyone's sake, I hope it's the former.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So hey, uh, is it me or do those look like the chains we saw hanging in the moon-core chambers with the Quest Slabs for Aradia, Dave, and Rose?

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
The zooming Santa flash stops eventually with a big "the end" sign.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

havenwaters posted:

Yeah. God that trip was such a bad trip. Jane is positively freaked the gently caress out.

Trip looked pretty good by all accounts. Now the comedown, on the other hand, must suck. Don't drink and roll, kids. Water is your friend.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
And then Hussie broke out of his acid induced hallucinations and put the comic back on track.

My guess: the trickster stuff did actually happen. Hussie sped through it after Gristmas because he wanted to put everything back on track. Between being on Dirk's roof something happened, which led to Jane being on Prospit by her quest bed now. Caliborn hijacking narrative means that he must have advanced in his world enough to gain control of the machine and actually write into the narrative box like Hussie can.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

So Math posted:

The zooming Santa flash stops eventually with a big "the end" sign.

I had to see for myself.

Nearly choked on my own laughter.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It would be pretty loving stupid if none of that stuff happened, considering we spent three weeks on it. Even the fake Vriska vs. Jack fight tied in to the narrative somehow.

My money is on post-trickster sobering up.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Color Printer posted:

Very.

God, Jane's loving strung out face cracks me up.

Guessing that everyone is going to wake up hung over as hell, remember nothing, and inexplicably all of the stuff they alchemized will still be there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think Caliborn is objecting to the narrative jump he- oh hey the Fancy Santa zoom in actually ends eventually.

Where was I? Oh yeah Caliborn is objecting to the fact that we just abruptly skipped out on the rest of the Trickster mode shenanigans and Andrew's narration is playing dumb.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Wrist Watch posted:

Dunno. I get the funny feeling that Caliborn doesn't want us to go back to A6A5A1.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Suddenly, I understand nothing. Even more.

Also, I'm highly anticipating and hoping for Caliborn to hijack the narrative, Doc Scratch style.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Nah, he talked to Hussie one time before, remember?

We only have to worry if he unlocks the ==> line and has direct control over the narrative. For now, just like the "narrator", all he can do is comment on stuff.

edit: I'm too lazy to go look. Did the music get more dissonant as the Trickster Act went on? It sure seemed worse on that last flash, but it might have been my imagination.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 26, 2013

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I choose to believe that everything we saw did in fact happen, as well as a few things that we did not see, such as context for the animation where Jane is flying around in some unknown location turning horrorterrors into squiddles. And they, and we, have very little recollection of what happened.

EYAUGH, why won't this April 12 end? It's April 13, you fat nasty trash.

I might even go so far as to predict that some of the other kids are already here. But not like that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bobulus posted:

edit: I'm too lazy to go look. Did the music get more dissonant as the Trickster Act went on? It sure seemed worse on that last flash, but it might have been my imagination.

Yeah, they did. There were at least 2 different songs, but the two latest flashes had more background laughter during the songs, with the zoom in flash having the most.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

In honor of Gristmas, I dug out the original Fancy Santa rant:

http://andrewhussie.blogspot.com/2008/12/fancy-santas-are-stupid-imposters.html

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Bobulus posted:

Nah, he talked to Hussie one time before, remember?

Through the machine. This is the first time he's broken into the main narration.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Through the machine. This is the first time he's broken into the main narration.

...And for some reason, now I see them just chilling out with some coffee, in front of a computer monitor or something.

Caliborn's staring at Hussie with this bewildered face, Hussie's just looking at him.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Color Printer posted:

But the machine is the narration box. Caliborn hasn't unlocked any more additional power, he just has happened to type something when the scene wasn't focused on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Bobulus posted:

But the machine is the narration box. Caliborn hasn't unlocked any more additional power, he just has happened to type something when the scene wasn't focused on him.

It's too early to tell exactly what's going on, but that possibly wasn't narration. That was explicitly marked in the Homestuck logs as "authorlogs" even though they don't appear behind a cuts. (Just Ctrl+F and search for "mouse" to see an example.)

Here, Caliborn's comments are showing up in the normal diegetic narration, without the authorlog box or tag.