Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
I looked up Good Charlotte on wikipedia just out of interest.

quote:

Billy Martin is an active vegetarian, and won PETA's vegetarian of the year. In the past they actively supported PETA's animal rights campaigns. Members of the group recorded a track, "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", on PETA's Liberation CD and appeared at PETA's 25th Anniversary Gala and Humanitarian Awards Show. Group members have also demonstrated against KFC's treatment of chickens.

However, the band have since seemed to change their stance on animal rights. In 2012 and 2013, band members heavily promoted Kentucky Fried Chicken in a series of Australian television commercials, leading to charges of hypocrisy.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did he just say "smoking crack"?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Doherty to open the bowling. :wtf:

And a quick concert by good Charlotte :suicide:

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Billy Martin

http://youtu.be/KV-GJ9iNX8g

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
That six :catstare:

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
Oh dear, Australia. If only all your bowlers were as good as your spinners.

...Wait, what?

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007
I know it's my fault for listening to the TV commentary team, but will someone please buy them a dictonary and a thesaurus? The bloody muppets only know one adjective - "unbelievable" - and they not only use it in every sentence but never in the right context. They've even infected The Huss. Morons.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Great last over, that.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

chyaroh posted:

I know it's my fault for listening to the TV commentary team, but will someone please buy them a dictonary and a thesaurus? The bloody muppets only know one adjective - "unbelievable" - and they not only use it in every sentence but never in the right context. They've even infected The Huss. Morons.

If I never hear an Australian cricket commentator say "Gangnam Style" again I'll die a happy man.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Massive choke job from Laughlin.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
England's ODI batting coach is now Graham Thorpe. I do not know how I feel about this.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Don't know how he'll end up as a coach, but he was comfortably England's best batsman for nearly ten years. Scored runs in both forms of the game in a harder era for batting as well.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

whenever a position is filled in the england camp i always feel like they missed a trick by not giving me the job

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ryder won't be playing in the England series. gently caress.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Ryder won't be playing in the England series. gently caress.

What happened?

India having a shithouse time of this ODI so far, hope England rip through them.

The T20 last night sucked. Just watched the end of a Shield game where SA had to get like 30 runs with 3 wickets in hand and only just got there. Way more tension in that than any point of the game last night.

Also no inane banter from washed up cricketers (although I <3 Huss).

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

PTizzle posted:

The T20 last night sucked. Just watched the end of a Shield game where SA had to get like 30 runs with 3 wickets in hand and only just got there. Way more tension in that than any point of the game last night.

I was just looking at the scorecard for this match. The opener Raphael was 27 not out from 60 balls, yet the number 6, Head, faced 74 balls and the number 8, Ludeman, faced 79. What the hell? Does Raphael hate the strike or something?

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters

Doctor Cave posted:

I was just looking at the scorecard for this match. The opener Raphael was 27 not out from 60 balls, yet the number 6, Head, faced 74 balls and the number 8, Ludeman, faced 79. What the hell? Does Raphael hate the strike or something?

he retired hurt yesterday and came back after the 7th wicket fell today

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

PTizzle posted:

What happened?

He thought it wouldn't be fair on the poms.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

sixteenstraws posted:

he retired hurt yesterday and came back after the 7th wicket fell today

Yeah, I was thinking afterwards he must have retired hurt

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Can anyone remember the last 'good' odi?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Every SA v NZ one? :confused:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

I think it would be this one

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard_ODI.asp?MatchCode=3445

Pale Ale
Sep 10, 2001

Yeah I know that but do you honestly expect England to even slightly challenge Australia in the finals? They will be demolished.

RideTheSpiral posted:

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard_ODI.asp?MatchCode=2449 ?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Man, if Australia only has a batting line up like that these days. We've got snow ball's chance in hell with making 300 in ODIs at the moment, let alone 400

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

gently caress you Mick Lewis

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Doctor Cave posted:

Yeah, I was thinking afterwards he must have retired hurt

Got smacked on the head by Pattinson iirc.

Solid century by Bell. The last enjoyable ODI was the Saffers vs NZ I reckon.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mister Chief posted:

Every SA v NZ one? :confused:

Wait the same odi series that I watched NZ bore their way to 20 runs in 10 overs? SA running themselves out to lose a series may be hilarious but it is not good cricket.

Might be this game.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwealth-bank-series-2012/engine/match/518966.html

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

RideTheSpiral posted:

Wait the same odi series that I watched NZ bore their way to 20 runs in 10 overs? SA running themselves out to lose a series may be hilarious but it is not good cricket.

Might be this game.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwealth-bank-series-2012/engine/match/518966.html

SL Malinga 7.4 0 96 1 12.52

:lol:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If you're wondering what the best ODI series of all time is, it's objectively this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2%80%9307_Chappell%E2%80%93Hadlee_Trophy

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Mister Chief posted:

If you're wondering what the best ODI series of all time is, it's objectively this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2%80%9307_Chappell%E2%80%93Hadlee_Trophy

:lol: have New Zealand won anything by 10 wickets since then?

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
NO HENRIQUES

also some guy called Akila Dananjaya is making his debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1CmngiVbKI

Remind you of anyone?

E; Not his debut, apparently

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Henriques is out of the first two ODI's against the West Indies with injury as well. Probably a good thing.

e:

quote:

Akila Dananjaya sparked controversy when he was picked in the preliminary squad for the 2012 World Twenty20, despite never having played a professional match in his life.

Johnson has been giving Starc pointers I think

Centusin fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 28, 2013

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
HE BOWLS TO THE LEFT...

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Starc spraying poo poo everywhere. Faulkner looking the goods though, been wanting him in the team.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god Laughlin is terrible

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
I actually know Laughlin irl so if everyone could be extra nice to him that would be good, okay?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

fuckpot posted:

I actually know Laughlin irl so if everyone could be extra nice to him that would be good, okay?

He's very good at bowling at the death

MrDano
Jul 22, 2009

fuckpot posted:

I think it's nice that he helped Sri Lanka make a better score.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Mister Chief posted:

It was clearly the NatWest tri-series before the 2005 Ashes between England, Australia and Bangladesh.

Bangladesh beating Australia, Simon Jones and Hayden squaring up against each other, Paul Collingwood scoring 100* and taking 6 wickets in the same match, Harmison generally being a big bully, Andrew Symonds turning up drunk but still smashing sixes, and an exciting final that turned into a tense low scoring match and ended in a tie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

fuckpot posted:

He's loving poo poo, almost makes Bryce McGain feel better for himself.

• Locked thread