Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

RCarr posted:

I would kill for a few of those on Test. I hate not having enough room for my poo poo.

Buy toolboxes from the gnome dude in Iceclad Ocean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
So I managed to get back my old EQ account, thanks to SOE customer support. My old "main" is a level 21 Wizard on Drinal and I would really like to see the sights and level him up just for shits and grins. When I quit I gave away all my crap, money etc. What would be the best zone for a naked 21 wiz to get money and start to level back up again? I know I should just make a new character, but I'm sort of sentimental about how terrible I was at EQ in 2001 and I want to start there.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Pick up a tank merc and head to Blightfire Moors, it's the Crescent Reach stone in PoK. That'll keep you going until mid 30s

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007
If there's still an offer of plat infusions going on, Landrice could use one, and it would be much appreciated. In cosmic exchange, I will be headshotting pretty much whenever I'm on, and will gladly take along anyone between 62 (min to group with me at 93) and 80-ish, when the reg xp slows down, but aa is still good. Thanks in advance!

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

MrTheDevious posted:

Pick up a tank merc and head to Blightfire Moors, it's the Crescent Reach stone in PoK. That'll keep you going until mid 30s

I realize this is a retarded question, but how do you give money to an offline character? I don't have enough gold to buy a merchant contract on my guy and 20 minutes of screwing around in North/South Ro got me squat.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Not Grover posted:

If there's still an offer of plat infusions going on, Landrice could use one, and it would be much appreciated. In cosmic exchange, I will be headshotting pretty much whenever I'm on, and will gladly take along anyone between 62 (min to group with me at 93) and 80-ish, when the reg xp slows down, but aa is still good. Thanks in advance!

I got 200k or so lying around on Jhelora and Ryanallene that I can keep copying over if you want.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

No More Heroes posted:

Buy toolboxes from the gnome dude in Iceclad Ocean?

24 slot bags >>>>>> 10 slot toolboxes

(also 32slot >>>>>>24 slot)
I've shipped over a few 24 or 26 slot scuffed bags to test. But I can't do that in the quantity I can make 14 slotters.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Not Grover posted:

Remind me tomorrow or just bug people in guild chat, we've got millions floating around needing a good home. Illa testcopies like 10 mil a day

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006
I could use some plat too if anyone has some to spare. Just dinged 80 with 6k to my name and poo poo's getting expensive.

edit: send to Zgrak that is.

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.
gently caress The Grey, god I hate this ugly boring zone. Doing the Beastlord epic was going just smoothly until I had to come here. 15 hours later and still no drops from these stupid rock dudes. Grrrrrrr.

Now that I am done venting, can someone explain to me how to tell if a 2h weapon is going to be better than 2 1h weapons? The three in question are 29/35, 15/32+13/24.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

gently caress The Grey, god I hate this ugly boring zone. Doing the Beastlord epic was going just smoothly until I had to come here. 15 hours later and still no drops from these stupid rock dudes. Grrrrrrr.

Now that I am done venting, can someone explain to me how to tell if a 2h weapon is going to be better than 2 1h weapons? The three in question are 29/35, 15/32+13/24.

What level are you? You should be using fast fist weapons; also, as soon as you can get them (55?59?) you will want to pick up Ambidexterity and Sinister Strikes AA's for dual wielding, if Beastlords get those, and I think they do. Until you start AAing, I'd say it's really a matter of preference for what weapons you want to use, but a 32 delay 1h is pretty awful for dps.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

It's complicated to compare 1h / 2h, lots of different things come into play like the damage bonus (which is shown on the weapons, increases as you level, and is a flat bonus damage on each hit), what level/class you are which affects how much you'll be hitting with offhand, etc. At super-early levels, the Damage on weapons has a hard cap, and that 29/35 might act like a 15/35 or 20/35. I would just focus on keeping your skills up (with a priority on hth). At 65 you can get dawnlight fistwraps for pretty cheap.

One of the experienced players a while back did say that all else being equal for monks, given equivalent "power" weapons, 1h is better damage, and 2h is better if you're eating ripostes and want to minimize damage. I assume Bst is similar.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007
Derrrp, I'm so dumb! I just logged into live and bought myself some Fear Touched in the bazaar for pretty cheap, so I have chest, legs, and two bracers available for repeat copy in the coming days. I might log into live and headshot for like 2 hours with a paying group to fun a full set. This is good.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

jetz0r posted:

Rogues are the current 'winners' of the high end class balance. Usurping zerkers from last expansion. But while I see rogues and necros at the top often enough, the rest of the dps classes share the other slots often enough to not call any of them crap. With a special mention to bst's insane sustained dps.

I played a rogue in a high end top 10 guild and quit shortly before RoF because I didn't want to go through the lovely EQ raiding scene anymore. Having to use a 3rd party program to listen to audio queues to run up to a boss and hail it in 5 seconds is not my idea of fun.

That said, everything above is true. Beserkers are a burst class and I could get close, but not usually top our beserkers on short <1 minute fights. Burst DPS is cute but sustained is for men. As a rogue I could sustain a lot of DPS, and other melee classes just cannot keep up. An example would be Fumerak from VoA, where our rogues would cycle cool downs and be running a constant 18-20k+ DPS the entire fight for the adds, evading when low on stamina and using our < 25% endurance regen and continuing. Even at the end of that fight during the boss burn we would still be top 10, usually all three of us were top 5 on the parse.

Rogues are a very hard class to level and somewhat intricate as far as learning various tricks, but the end result is you are literally a blender and generally speaking in high demand. Just like with other classes, it takes a while to reach your prime as a rogue but it's worth the time and effort.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

I can attest to landrice's headshoting power, a group of us got over a hundred aa's in a little over a lesson and now I feel super powerful. I also have about 100k on live I can start test copying over the next few days for any goons in need

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Edit: Sorry, re-read the OP and got it.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 26, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Definite downside to Test is no Bazaar. In a little over 3 hours played, my Shaman and Magician are 52 but still pretty much wearing the gear they got at 25 from /testbuff. Which isn't a huge deal, since all the work is done by their mercs (two tanks was definitely a good suggestion, my two bloodbone skeletons are wrecking balls).

I know theres tons of gear available from you guys at 65ish, but I'm really only playing a tiny bit and mostly afk'ing it while watching a movie...but still having a blast.

Someone wanted Bard illusion masks, but I forget who it was? I'm sorry...I have the Barbarian, Iksar and Erudite masks along with the Werewolf and Earth Elemental lutes if anyone wants.

Also, if anyone really wants a Manastone I have one or two I copied over.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Is there a way to /testcopy without logging in? I have a gnome necromancer (which can log on F2P) along with an Iksar SK and Iksar Shaman on separate accounts. It looks like purchasing the race/class combos will cost 1050 SC per account which isn't a great deal. If I sub it'll cost $30 for both accounts, also not a very good deal.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Medullah posted:

Definite downside to Test is no Bazaar. In a little over 3 hours played, my Shaman and Magician are 52 but still pretty much wearing the gear they got at 25 from /testbuff. Which isn't a huge deal, since all the work is done by their mercs (two tanks was definitely a good suggestion, my two bloodbone skeletons are wrecking balls).

I know theres tons of gear available from you guys at 65ish, but I'm really only playing a tiny bit and mostly afk'ing it while watching a movie...but still having a blast.

Someone wanted Bard illusion masks, but I forget who it was? I'm sorry...I have the Barbarian, Iksar and Erudite masks along with the Werewolf and Earth Elemental lutes if anyone wants.

Also, if anyone really wants a Manastone I have one or two I copied over.

I would like the Barbarian Mask, Werewolf Lute, and Earth Elemental Lute sent to Syphir, please, and thank you.

Someone in guild chat mentioned a friend of a friend who had a Gnome mask from per-awakening ST, but I will ask again if anyone else has one as that is kind of the Holy Grail of Illusion clicks.

Also, gnomes are cool (just not as much as Frogloks)

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I am having more fun with this 13 year-old game than I had with several max-level characters in WoW and GW2 what is wrong with me

Perick
May 27, 2003
GoonGrrrls = Teh WIN

dirty nub posted:

I can attest to landrice's headshoting power, a group of us got over a hundred aa's in a little over a lesson and now I feel super powerful. I also have about 100k on live I can start test copying over the next few days for any goons in need

I'd love to get some plat, no idea what I did with mine back in the day. My mage's name is Fanimin (or my bard Swoony)...Thank you!

Perick fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 26, 2013

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Andy Dufresne posted:

Is there a way to /testcopy without logging in? I have a gnome necromancer (which can log on F2P) along with an Iksar SK and Iksar Shaman on separate accounts. It looks like purchasing the race/class combos will cost 1050 SC per account which isn't a great deal. If I sub it'll cost $30 for both accounts, also not a very good deal.

If you already have the characters on your accounts, you don't have to sub in order to access them. You do have to sub if you want to access the shared bank and some other things. But, you can log on and /testcopy those characters over without paying.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

Carl Seitan posted:

If you already have the characters on your accounts, you don't have to sub in order to access them. You do have to sub if you want to access the shared bank and some other things. But, you can log on and /testcopy those characters over without paying.

No, I can't. They are greyed out at the character select screen and it says I need to purchase the race/class to log in.

Andy Dufresne fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 27, 2013

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo. I thought that you were able to access characters provided that you already made them before they went F2P. Never mind me then.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Test goons I just copied over a bunch of Voiceless Hound Skean's over to test.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=107474

Lemme know by PM if you want one.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Carl Seitan posted:

Oh poo poo. I thought that you were able to access characters provided that you already made them before they went F2P. Never mind me then.

That's how it was for me. He must have made those characters after the game went f2p.

Vessy
Oct 9, 2012

dirty nub posted:

I could use some plat too, I just started on test with no mains on the live servers.

My monk is Cargo

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

Finished up the Beastlord epic today, and started going about finishing the Bard one. Man, I thought the camping for the Beastlord sucked... Spent about 12 hours running around Skyfire Highsunning poo poo trying to get Eldrig, but no luck. (Thanks to the goon who came out and helped for awhile!) So I went to Karnor's and got the head first try, and now I am sitting my butt in Kedge waiting for Phinny to spawn. He is on a 12 hour timer right?

After that I just need to get the thing from Fear, and kill Trakanon and then this one is done. Do you still need a wizard to get to Fear?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
You never needed a wizard to get to fear. Just zone in through the portal in the ferrot.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Do you still need a wizard to get to Fear?
You're thinking of Hate. The portal to Fear is that big red face looking thing in the spectre cave in Feerott. Just run in and head straight to the temple in the fire ring, circle it a few times, and then wait for an army of conch heads to pop out on you.

Medullah posted:

the Werewolf and Earth Elemental lutes if anyone wants

I want! My bard has proved to be pretty fun even if he is a clueless box for now. Please send a set to Pizzatime or Pizzaparty.

napster of meat fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 27, 2013

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is this all for Epic 1.0? If you are doing this to get epic 2.0, you don't need to (well you don't with monk 2.0). Monk one is just hail a dude and go kill two NPC's

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

Whew, glad to hear Fear isn't the one we have to port to.

Yea, this is all for the epic 1.0.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

No need for a port. The gnome in the guild hall sells the stone you hand back to him to use that portal.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm looking to start multiboxing. Is there another program out there that doesn't cost dollars to use?

acumen fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 27, 2013

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Finished up the Beastlord epic today, and started going about finishing the Bard one. Man, I thought the camping for the Beastlord sucked... Spent about 12 hours running around Skyfire Highsunning poo poo trying to get Eldrig, but no luck. (Thanks to the goon who came out and helped for awhile!) So I went to Karnor's and got the head first try, and now I am sitting my butt in Kedge waiting for Phinny to spawn. He is on a 12 hour timer right?

After that I just need to get the thing from Fear, and kill Trakanon and then this one is done. Do you still need a wizard to get to Fear?

Having recently done the wizard 1.0 and several bard 1.0s, I can tell you that Phinny is about a 11.5-13 hour spawn.

Let me know if you need the Dragon Scales; they are droppable and I have numerous from my Death to Kunark Dragons! period.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Carl Seitan posted:

It seems to vary. When I returned after being unsubscribed, I could login my human monk and my froglok shaman, but for my wood elf bard I had to spend SC to unlock him. I assume it had to do with the fact that I made the bard's account after the F2P launch, so my first two accounts had been grandfathered in.

acumen posted:

I'm looking to start multiboxing. Is there another program out there that doesn't cost dollars to use?
So far I haven't heard of any other that can send commands to EQ windows in the background, and you will go crazy without that ability. If you don't want to spend the otherwise well-worth-it $5 on ISBoxer, the least you can do is write a little AHK script that swaps between windows with a hotkey so you don't have to Alt-Tab. That made it a little tolerable for me when I first began dual boxing. Swap, press hotkey, swap back. It should be something like this (modify hotkey and title appropriately):
code:
^Space::
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinActivateBottom, EverQuest
return

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pilsner posted:

I assume it had to do with the fact that I made the bard's account after the F2P launch, so my first two accounts had been grandfathered in.

This is mostly correct. Any character made before EQ itself went F2P, was grandfathered, but not the account itself. So at this point, if you're thinking that you might play some gold and then stop, consider a class and/or race that is one of the Free to Play options, so you don't have to spend real dollars. Or just play on Test!

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

ponzicar posted:

That's how it was for me. He must have made those characters after the game went f2p.

The necro (which can log in) was made pre-f2p, the shaman/sk were made after. So I guess that makes sense but it's a weird policy.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I logged in on my SK who had full bags when I played last, but I'm only seeing 3. It's not disabling the others because I copied him as a free player is it?

I seem to be missing some stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Comfortador posted:

I logged in on my SK who had full bags when I played last, but I'm only seeing 3. It's not disabling the others because I copied him as a free player is it?

I seem to be missing some stuff.

They parcel the bags to you (open your POK map and find the parcel guy). Anything in your shared bank slot gets sent to whoever you log in first on the account.