Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

A Proper Uppercut posted:

So is there any way to cheese getting cat food in Battle Cats that doesn't involve installing sketchy poo poo on my phone or giving CC info to anyone?
If you're rooted, most Android games are pretty easy to cheat in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Threep posted:

If you're rooted, most Android games are pretty easy to cheat in

I thought Battle Cats wouldn't run if you were rooted.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I thought Battle Cats wouldn't run if you were rooted.

I've never had any issues.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Wololo - if you're reading this, I love Wagic, but because I have one of these dodgy Allwinner pieces of crappy crap I don't have a lot of space (most of my capacity is in mnt/extsd). I tried to move the images and resources over, but it wouldn't work.

If there could be an easy way of setting a resource path in the config/options, that would be peachy.

Love your work though, xoxo.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'd love to see a confirm selection button, I've had lots of issues selecting the wrong card to cast or have the card selected then tap land to have it cast. Makes things super hard in the beginning

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

SpeedRazor posted:

Speaking of emulators, RetroArch is now officially out on the Play Store too:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.retroarch

Multi System Emulator, looks pretty nice.

This would be great if it supported 360 controllers. As far as I can tell, it doesn't and there's no way to set one up. It either supports it or it doesn't.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

A Proper Uppercut posted:

So is there any way to cheese getting cat food in Battle Cats that doesn't involve installing sketchy poo poo on my phone or giving CC info to anyone?

Don't know if it's still around, but back when I played it there was a Real.com trial membership promotion. All you had to do was make a free trial account on real.com, wait 10-15 mins to get your cat food, then cancel. Gave something like 240 food.

There was also some promotion where you had to go buy a game from some company, but they gave you a huge discount and the games you could pick from were ok IIRC, so it came out to something like paying $3 for 300+ cat food.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Despite the control scheme on Android, I can vouch for how awesome Wagic is. I probably played 40 hours on the psp version. It's a great way for Magic fans to play without paying a mint.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I would also recommend Shadow Era if you want a tcg. Similar to magic but with a few different rules and a good mobile interface. It's also cross platform and works on a pc.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The biggest hangup I think for wagic is not confirming what you are casting, and if you interrupt without having an interrupt spell you are stuck.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Haraksha posted:

This would be great if it supported 360 controllers. As far as I can tell, it doesn't and there's no way to set one up. It either supports it or it doesn't.

If you get your device's HID name and get the keycode for its buttons, you can report them on the RetroArch forums (http://forum.themaister.net/viewforum.php?id=2) and we'll try to get them added in the next release. The HID name is the one that appears when you first press a button in the emulator, and the keycodes you can get by enabling debug mode and going in a game.

Also, we're working on custom binds for unsupported controllers in the future.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I just noticed that the end of this week we can finally update the thread title to Star Command never coming out.

Untimely Brigand
Mar 28, 2007

tater_salad posted:

The biggest hangup I think for wagic is not confirming what you are casting, and if you interrupt without having an interrupt spell you are stuck.

Mapping the circle button to a softkey can help in both of these areas. In a way, that softkey can act as a confirm selection key; drag through your hand until the card you want to use has popped up, then tap the key and it'll place the card. Not nearly as good as a "Place card? Y/N" context menu, but it saves from the frustration of placing what you thought was a game-changing creature and casting holy day instead.

For interrupt halts, I've found that doing a downwards finger drag acts as a context gesture that gets you out of them, and if that doesn't work, the circle button should.

Something that's really saved time and minimized the amount of button pushing between phases--and accidentally interrupting--is if you go to the "Advanced" section in the options and switch "Phase Skip Automation" to Safe or Full. I can breeze through a mostly non-action turn with a couple taps of that phase wheel on the left side of the screen.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Toad King posted:

If you get your device's HID name and get the keycode for its buttons, you can report them on the RetroArch forums (http://forum.themaister.net/viewforum.php?id=2) and we'll try to get them added in the next release. The HID name is the one that appears when you first press a button in the emulator, and the keycodes you can get by enabling debug mode and going in a game.

Also, we're working on custom binds for unsupported controllers in the future.

Does the Moga controller work in IME mode? I know it's supposed to work in System mode but that requires root, and when I use it in IME mode in RetroArch it just displays:

HID Unbound -1: Virtual, port: 0.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

sethsez posted:

Does the Moga controller work in IME mode? I know it's supposed to work in System mode but that requires root, and when I use it in IME mode in RetroArch it just displays:

It looks like we don't have any binds for it in IME mode. If you can report that message plus the debug messages for the key presses on the forums, it can probably get added in the next release.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
So in KoPP, I got mom down to about half health, but ran out of Phoenix downs. I think it's possible to beat her, unless she's got some bullshit hall mechanism that I don't know about.

For the record, running the optimal party, all around lvl 45

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Any wagic recommended stories?
Enemy decks?
I. Can see the first batch getting boring possibly

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Toad King posted:

It looks like we don't have any binds for it in IME mode. If you can report that message plus the debug messages for the key presses on the forums, it can probably get added in the next release.

Well, you got the 360 wired controller working, so that's good enough for me. I just wish my device was better at running PS1 games. Text boxes look blurry.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Guilty posted:

So in KoPP, I got mom down to about half health, but ran out of Phoenix downs. I think it's possible to beat her, unless she's got some bullshit hall mechanism that I don't know about.

For the record, running the optimal party, all around lvl 45

Whats the optimal party?

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Haraksha posted:

Well, you got the 360 wired controller working, so that's good enough for me. I just wish my device was better at running PS1 games. Text boxes look blurry.

The PlayStation core we use only does software rendering, so while it's extremely accurate to an actual PlayStation, it doesn't scale up as well as emulators like FPse or ePSXe. That and the PlayStation didn't exactly have the best graphics.

What you could do is disable bilinear filtering in the video options, which will make things a little sharper.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Well, I guess blur is the wrong word. The text boxes are, for lack of a better term, smeared. There's heavy distortion on the right side of them.

Also, you guys need to find a way to implement the quick menu that doesn't require leaving the overlap menu on. If I'm using a gamepad, I want to be able to quicksave, but I don't like having that little dot floating over the screen or having to scroll through different overlay screens.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Haraksha posted:

Well, I guess blur is the wrong word. The text boxes are, for lack of a better term, smeared. There's heavy distortion on the right side of them.

That doesn't sound right. Got a screenshot of it? Also, are you using a BIOS file or not?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Frogmanv2 posted:

Whats the optimal party?

Barb, hunt, rogue, necro, bard. But this time, seating orders make a difference since necro's buff is aoe

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I actually managed to beat Pixel Dungeon. :psyduck:
I found a +2 mail armor in level 2 which gave me 10 def. I upgraded it to +4 which made it absorb up to 16 damage a hit which was a godsend. I never found a better weapon than the knuckleduster which I coud use, it was +4 at the end too.

Also there is a wand that shoots sheep. :v:

On level 9 i accidently equipped a cursed cloth armor I wanted to throw away, so I thought I was going to die. I hurried down the stairs and met the final boss which apprently for now is a Tengu. I still had a poison gas potion left so I threw it at him and just waited and waited, chugging my health potions. And then he just died and I won!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Toad King posted:

That doesn't sound right. Got a screenshot of it? Also, are you using a BIOS file or not?

I put a bios file in the folder where the ISO file is, but I'm not sure if that's right. I'm doing my best to follow your instructions in the manual. I can't do screenshots because I'm on Honeycomb and I'm not rooted and the Xoom doesn't have a default way to do it that I' m aware of. It's not a lack of crispness. Some of the text is totally fine and then suddenly half the word will be at an angle or jagged or something and the solid line of the text box will be doing the same.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

There have been a couple of pixel dungeon updates so far this year, so hopefully he keeps going and fleshes it out some more. I would love to see a development list or goalposts or something but it seems the only way he communicates is through the playstore.

I should just be happy it isn't plagues with iap and adds at this point. Seems to be more a labor of love than a get quick rich scheme.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Haraksha posted:

I put a bios file in the folder where the ISO file is, but I'm not sure if that's right. I'm doing my best to follow your instructions in the manual. I can't do screenshots because I'm on Honeycomb and I'm not rooted and the Xoom doesn't have a default way to do it that I' m aware of. It's not a lack of crispness. Some of the text is totally fine and then suddenly half the word will be at an angle or jagged or something and the solid line of the text box will be doing the same.

Take a photo with your phone, or someone else's phone. Or a camera. We're all dyin' here.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Guilty posted:

Barb, hunt, rogue, necro, bard. But this time, seating orders make a difference since necro's buff is aoe

Have you respecced? I was having a hell of a time around lvl 45 until I respecced everyone and then beat her handily. Also, food/drink.

I was Necro, Shaman, Barb, Hunter, Bard

Necro - put 15-20 into Help from Below and Summon Minion, with 1 point in Energy Drain.

Shaman - put Vine Trap at 20 (or higher, I forget if it diminishes), rest wherever... in your case, since you have a rogue, put stuff in Vanish and Double Strike.

Barbarian - put Blood Seeker at 15-20, Adrenaline Rush at 15, and the rest in Berserk. The key to winning with a Barb tank (which I've learned is the worst Mom tank) is to maximize his HP recovered via Blood Seeker and the Necro's Help from Below.

Hunter - put everything in Bull's Eye and Heart Shot pretty much.

Bard - Power Chord and Harmonic Movement. Octavarium is worthless as far as recovering from meteors.

Also, buy Portable Shields for your barbarian in the city before going against Mom. Buy all the food and drink from the Shop and buy furniture that either gives Life Steal or adds Health. I loaded everyone on Four Rings except the Barbarian, who had 2 Polished Medals, a Four Ring, and an Elite Harpy Beak (more attack = more drain, and also more effect on the Shield potion).

The key is to get your Barbarian (and everyone else, really) to attack before Mom, which should be most of the time with coffee, so the Barbarian can pop the Portable Shield before Mom's first attack. Get Help from Below and Power Chord on half your group and pray that the first wave focuses on the Barbarian's natural threat so nobody else gets critically hurt. In the 2nd round, get Help from Below on the rest of your group and start Berserk on the barbarian. Have the Necro and\or the Bard use regular attacks to heal themselves as needed, while the other 3 will be healing themselves to full anyway with their attacks. Pop a 2nd Portable Shield on round 5 and make sure Help from Below stays up. Shouldn't need a 3rd potion at your level... and of course Phoenix potions for oh-poo poo moments. If it's not an optimal start, just run away and restart the fight after you rest. You don't have to go through the dragons again as long as you don't start another quest.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Splizwarf posted:

Take a photo with your phone, or someone else's phone. Or a camera. We're all dyin' here.

It's honestly not that interesting. Given that the sound on my Xoom gets super distorted when the onscreen controls are displayed, I'm better it's just the speed of my hardware loving up the emulation.

Here you can see the border of a text box distorted.

Some letters are fine, but ones immediately below it go crazy.

And then on this last one you can see letters even on the same line being displayed correctly and incorrectly.

NewcastleBrown
Mar 15, 2004
The One and Only
I haven't noticed it mentioned yet, but I picked up Dungeon Quest last night and had a lot of fun with it.

It is a Torchlight style dungeon crawl with randomized levels, loot, enchanting/rerolling weapons. It is free-to-play and has ads, but I have yet to hit anything resembling a paywall, after 2+ hours of play. You can use real money to buy gold, but you get enough of from just playing, unless you want to constantly reroll/enchant your weapons.

I haven't done it yet, but I hear that if you buy any gold (even the $1 purchase) the ads are removed completely.

Edit: I should mention that it is in Beta currently, and they are "adding new content all the time in preparation for our final release in the next two months!"

NewcastleBrown fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 28, 2013

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Toad King posted:

For some reason I'm not able to register on your forum. :confused: I got through the process okay but never got a confirmation email.

Anyway, I'll just post the info here.

All are Pad0:<x>, ac=0, src=0

left stick up=19
left stick down=20
left stick left=21
left stick right=22
start=108
select=109
a=96
b=97
x=99
y=100
l=102
r=103
right stick up=188
right stick down=189
right stick left=190
right stick right=191

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Ah, that answers some questions.

The Xoom is one of the unlucky devices to have Tegra 2, which means it gets a gimped version of PCSX reARMed without the advanced graphics plugin, along with slower performance overall due to lack of NEON instructions. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this can be fixed. I can report it upstream, but I'm not sure if the other graphics plugin is actively developed.

sethsez posted:

Anyway, I'll just post the info here.

Thanks, I'll try to get this added. Also, webmaster says forum email is working fine, so it might be stuck in your junk folder.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Toad King posted:

Ah, that answers some questions.

The Xoom is one of the unlucky devices to have Tegra 2, which means it gets a gimped version of PCSX reARMed without the advanced graphics plugin, along with slower performance overall due to lack of NEON instructions. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this can be fixed. I can report it upstream, but I'm not sure if the other graphics plugin is actively developed.

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's a solid tablet but the graphics hardware is starting to get dated.

gaskone
Oct 17, 2012
The new kairosoft game is out, just saying.

Dream house days

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...C5hcGFydF9lbiJd

It's pretty fun! Kind of like a what if you mixed the sims with cafeteria nipponica.

Free to play, add supported, with the typicall one off purchase to get rid of them, seems fairly fun!

It LITERALLY came out in time for my flight to GamersGate HQ in sweden, I was sitting in the airport in Spain and wondering what I was going to do for the next four hours and voila, sent from heaven hahaha. Played the heck out of it till my phone died, LOADS of fun!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Krad posted:

If you like lawyer games, you need to get Devil's Attorney, assuming you haven't already. Hell, everyone should get it. It doesn't play like a PW game but the gameplay is still fun; you need to defeat the prosecutor with different damaging moves that you have. The dialogue is witty and funny and the voice acting is spot on.

Just look at this catchy intro. You can't resist it. You know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ubp9sWTcns

Why the hell isn't it called Devil's Advocate

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

gaskone posted:

The new kairosoft game is out, just saying.

Dream house days

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...C5hcGFydF9lbiJd

It's pretty fun! Kind of like a what if you mixed the sims with cafeteria nipponica.

Free to play, add supported, with the typicall one off purchase to get rid of them, seems fairly fun!

It LITERALLY came out in time for my flight to GamersGate HQ in sweden, I was sitting in the airport in Spain and wondering what I was going to do for the next four hours and voila, sent from heaven hahaha. Played the heck out of it till my phone died, LOADS of fun!

Argh, I hate their free to play model. I don't have the willpower to resist making purchases after a certain point. Though in Beastie Bay the upgrades you buy with medals are carried over to new playthroughs, so at least you're not buying the same stuff over and over.

NewcastleBrown
Mar 15, 2004
The One and Only

regulargonzalez posted:

Why the hell isn't it called Devil's Advocate

Licensing? Though now that I think about it I don't know the rules on common sayings that are used as names for movies/games and how licensing would work with any of that.

NewcastleBrown fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 29, 2013

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Okay, how do I add interior walls in dream house days?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I don't know, but I have a dream house id

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I've been playing a new game called Cubes vs Spheres. As the title suggests its a turret game where you shoot balls at rolling cubes. It's actually pretty good; the gameplay is fairly challenging and the game has a nice minimalist style to it.

• Locked thread