Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

CharlesDexterWard posted:

Are there any generally recommended T2 fan missions or series out there?

Seconding the recommendation for T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age. It's a full-size unofficial expansion, and while the writing and cutscenes aren't up to the LGS standard, most of the level design is on par with Thief 2 itself.

I've also heard good things about Circle of Stone and Shadow; the series isn't done yet but some individual levels are.

You may also want to install the 1.19 patch if you haven't already.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

God what a dumb name, though. Do you know how long it took me to realize that "Poke646" wasn't a low-effort mod named after some douche's screen name? A long time.

Wait, what's it actually named after?

I remember playing it back in the day and enjoying it, but I disregarded it for ages because of the name.

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Long shot, but are there any graphic enhancements mods in the vein of GZDoom for Dark Forces?

Dark Forces is closed source. There is a ground-up engine rewrite in the works, XLEngine, which is partially playable; when (if) that reaches the point where the whole game is playable, expect to see some graphic enhancement mods start popping up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

ToxicFrog posted:

Wait, what's it actually named after?

I remember playing it back in the day and enjoying it, but I disregarded it for ages because of the name.

Good to know I'm not the only person who did that. Poke646 is supposed to be the name of the group of scientists (their organization or lab or whatever) in the game's storyline.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Didn't see it mentioned, but the origin of the name is discussed in the FAQ.

FAQ posted:

The true meaning of "Poke646" goes way back into the early 80's were the C=64 homecomputer was very popular. I programmed my first games on it in Basic and "poke646,[x]" was the command to change the font color on the screen. I thought it would fit the title of this mod, as this was the first complete game I designed since my early days in the computing business.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

StabMasterArson posted:

I got around to learning how the Doom Builder works and made my first map!

But I don't know anyone who plays Doom anymore, let alone someone who would test it out. You guys seem to know your stuff, so could I have a little constructive criticism?

http://filecloud.io/m9wrlibc

Only the first map is changed, it should work in ZDoom or something like that though.

As a first attempt, it's not too bad. It shows you know how to use some of the features like doors, switches, remote doors etc, so that's a good start.
However, the actual mapping could do with some improving.

Some things I noticed are:
Missing textures (some door tracks are untextured, too)
Doors not set to lower unpegged when they open (ie door behind you as you start)
Lighting not the same in all sectors (as an example, with the box room, you can see the light flickers but with the sectors made as boxes, they stay the same)
Unaligned textures (floor and ceiling textures are difficult to align because they go with the sector, you can't align them manually)
Too many textures (Keep your level design in mind, don't swap from brick to metal to wood to limestone to slime all in the same level unless you can make it work).

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I've mapped for a few years now. I'm not a professional and I do make mistakes myself, but these are some pointers that might help you out.

Also what that other guy said about all rooms being the same height.

Keep it up and carry on. Lots of people still play Doom, less people map for it.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Angelwolf posted:

As a first attempt, it's not too bad. It shows you know how to use some of the features like doors, switches, remote doors etc, so that's a good start.
However, the actual mapping could do with some improving.

Some things I noticed are:
Missing textures (some door tracks are untextured, too)
Doors not set to lower unpegged when they open (ie door behind you as you start)
Lighting not the same in all sectors (as an example, with the box room, you can see the light flickers but with the sectors made as boxes, they stay the same)
Unaligned textures (floor and ceiling textures are difficult to align because they go with the sector, you can't align them manually)
Too many textures (Keep your level design in mind, don't swap from brick to metal to wood to limestone to slime all in the same level unless you can make it work).

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I've mapped for a few years now. I'm not a professional and I do make mistakes myself, but these are some pointers that might help you out.

Also what that other guy said about all rooms being the same height.

Keep it up and carry on. Lots of people still play Doom, less people map for it.

Thanks a lot for your advice. You're hardly being a dick if you're testing my map and giving some great constructive feedback! :)

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

StabMasterArson posted:

Thanks a lot for your advice. You're hardly being a dick if you're testing my map and giving some great constructive feedback! :)

No problem.

I've also just had a look at your level in Doom Builder.
With the blue corridor with the window, I've noticed you've simply made a line and textured that line and made it impassable, then made a 'gap' for the window with no texture.

On my system, this just renders the untextured 'mirror' problem rather than actually showing me a window.

To do stuff like this, make the walls as sectors. Make a new sector where you want the window to be and just raise the ceiling up to make a gap. This will also make it look a lot more '3d' rather than a wall made of paper. If you're not sure what I mean, just shout out and I'll edit it for you and upload it so you can take a look.

Also, are you adding in additional resources besides the standard Doom2.wad ?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I had a go at the window a few times, I managed to get this but that bar on the top doesn't render properly and looks like sky :(

It's using Doom2 and the the Weapon Resource Wad.
You're supposed to get a magnum down near the red switch, it's from that pack.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Duke Nukem 3D turned 17 today.

I don't have anything interesting to share about that, though. :( Maybe Jblade or TerminX do, if they're still floating around?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Me and my buddy made and played a lot of maps and there were boobies.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

The Kins posted:

I don't have anything interesting to share about that, though. :( Maybe Jblade or TerminX do, if they're still floating around?

There's a vague hope that something might be released regarding the latest big version of WGRealms 2, but that's just wild speculation. Last update on its Moddb page was last October.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

StabMasterArson posted:

I had a go at the window a few times, I managed to get this but that bar on the top doesn't render properly and looks like sky :(

It's using Doom2 and the the Weapon Resource Wad.
You're supposed to get a magnum down near the red switch, it's from that pack.

The weapon resource mod would explain certain items not working in my client because I don't have that pack. I'm sure there's a way to combine that pack into the wad you've made but I'm not sure how to do it.

Not sure about the bar not rendering properly - are you sure everything is textured properly? Missing textures can be a real nightmare when it comes to play testing a level.

If not, upload your wad and I'll see if I can check where you're going wrong (if anywhere).

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
No wait, hang on, I have something. Somehow, we apparently haven't talked about LameDuke!

3D Realms posted:

This is a VERY early version of Duke Nukem 3D and the EXE is dated 12/30/94. That's about 13 months prior to the release of the shareware version. Oh, man, was this game lame then :)

Why are we releasing it? We're not sure... We just thought it'd be cool for you all to see the state a game is in a year before it's release. So, this is a behind the scenes peek at what happens during the creation of a game. You will get to see lameness the likes of which the world has never seen, and what most developer's hide from you and when the press visits. :)

It's incredibly bizarre, utterly broken, and closer to Duke Nukem 2 than the final game. There's a Cutting Room Floor wiki entry documenting it, but it's far from complete, so maybe fire up DOSbox and check it out.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Kins posted:

gently caress, Doom will be 20 years old in December as well :corsair:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Convex posted:

gently caress, Doom will be 20 years old in December as well :corsair:

This year is already shaping up to be a crazy-good year for Doom mods, though. It really is immortal.

Doom 2 and Freespace 2 are the best investments I've ever made in gaming. Amazing communities that just won't quit.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Dominic White posted:

This year is already shaping up to be a crazy-good year for Doom mods, though. It really is immortal.

Doom 2 and Freespace 2 are the best investments I've ever made in gaming. Amazing communities that just won't quit.

Yeah, I was just thinking the other day that Doom II is the only game I've played for pretty much my entire life. Amazing how well it's aged, with a decent source port it's by far still the most addictive shooter I've played.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Angelwolf posted:

The weapon resource mod would explain certain items not working in my client because I don't have that pack. I'm sure there's a way to combine that pack into the wad you've made but I'm not sure how to do it.

Not sure about the bar not rendering properly - are you sure everything is textured properly? Missing textures can be a real nightmare when it comes to play testing a level.

If not, upload your wad and I'll see if I can check where you're going wrong (if anywhere).

I went all over that area trying to find missing textures to no avail. Heres the wad and the WRW.wad so you might be able to see the new weapons.
http://filecloud.io/gzxcakbi

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Dominic White posted:

What's already come out this year to make you say that?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

SavageMessiah posted:

What's already come out this year to make you say that?

Back to Saturn X (two more episodes to come), ZDCMP2, Pirate Doom, Doom: The Golden Souls, Terrorists! - some of them in beta, but we've already got some great stuff lined up and we're still in January.

H2Omelon
Aug 31, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

I went all over that area trying to find missing textures to no avail. Heres the wad and the WRW.wad so you might be able to see the new weapons.
http://filecloud.io/gzxcakbi
I took a quick look at your level for you and I think I can see the problem.

If you ever have issues like this, your first port of call should be to click the blue tick icon on the bar at the top of the screen in Doom Builder 2. This opens up the "Map Analysis" tool which will check your map for potential errors and while it won't spot everything, it will spot a large number of mistakes. The issue is that that linedef is double-sided but not actually listed as such. I'm not sure how this happened, but the Doom engine thinks that one side of that linedef should be void space when it isn't, and it's giving you rendering errors. The error checking also shows up some issues in other places, such as two linedefs crossing over each other in a dark slime room which is confusing the hell out of your sector definitions, it's causing some "your sectors aren't closed!" errors (linedefs should never cross over each other, there should always be a vertex where they touch).

Another very important way the Doom engine works is this: If you have a linedef with sectors on both it's front and back sides that both have the "sky" ceiling texture, then any upper linedef textures will be drawn as the sky, regardless of what texture you try to give it! This is the way that id got walls to draw as the sky, quite why they didn't just dedicate a wall texture to do that like they did with the ceiling and floor I have no idea. This is why the door in your outside area is drawing the sky instead of the door texture (the ceiling texture inside your door sector has the sky texture)

One last piece of advice: Near that window what you've done to try and make the walls is draw some lines, set them to impassable and then put a midtexture on it. Your wall isn't actually solid, you can shoot through it, monsters can see you through it, and the game will have to constantly check if it should draw behind it. Never make your walls like this, what you should do instead is select the little triangular sectors between your two wall lines and press the delete key. This will delete the sector and turn it into void space. You'll have to re-texture your walls, but they will be solid. If you still want a bar texture towards the ceiling of your room, make a new very thin sector jutting out from the wall slightly and lower the ceiling, you you have an upper wall to put the bar texture on.

If anything I posted here confused the crap out of you, let me know and I'll try to explain it a bit better.

H2Omelon fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 29, 2013

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

The Kins posted:

I don't either sadly! But it's been a loving long time and there's still new maps being released so check those out at MSDN if you're a Duke fan. Last I heard multiplayer support is being worked on which is great news. I haven't heard a single peep about WGR2 but there's still activity in the private forums for it at Duke4 so it's still out there somewhere. I took a bit of a hiatus myself after releasing episode 1 of the AMC TC, right now I'm waiting for the multiplayer to be fixed more because it's loving awesome in co-op. I have a shitload of ideas for Episode 2 (and I know ideas are like assholes) but for the few people here who played it and liked it I've taken some of the suggestions I saw onboard (Like heading back to base after every mission so you can check out new research and stuff) as well as coded in a GUI inspired by X-com. For Duke maps though, pretty much all of the stuff we see released is great quality since the only people left are the diehards. Don't touch any maps by Paul B though as he's a homophobic shithead (But thankfully the Duke community's actually pretty free from the ego-maniacs I've seen in most other mod communities)

Oh and of course the best mod ever, Naferia's reign, has finally updated too. I think I know you're only playing WGR2 to fill the void in your life before it's finished.

Long live Duke though! Not so much DNF though, which has been brushed quietly under the rug.

Also Lameduke! Very interesting stuff - if you checked out the levels you'll see that the Derelict from E4 was actually in Lameduke, it's an old map. I didn't follow the drama that well but apparently Levelord DID make levels for Episode 4, but George B didn't put his name in the credits for some reason and hosed around with the levels. drat, what is Levelord up to actually? I knew he was at Ritual until they got bought and started to make Casual games. A shame since SiN was pretty great. I rememeber reading a long time ago about a publicity event being hosted by GOD games, and Levellord was cooking and serving up burgers at a BBQ there. I would of loved to of been there heh.

Anyways Lameduke kind of stunk and it's amazing that we got Duke3D from that. Pretty much the same thing that happened to Half-life actually. It's just such a huge shame that 3DR didn't get DNF out in 2001.

Jblade fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 29, 2013

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jblade posted:

I didn't follow the drama that well but apparently Levelord DID make levels for Episode 4, but George B didn't put his name in the credits for some reason and hosed around with the levels. drat, what is Levelord up to actually? I knew he was at Ritual until they got bought and started to make Casual games. A shame since SiN was pretty great. I rememeber reading a long time ago about a publicity event being hosted by GOD games, and Levellord was cooking and serving up burgers at a BBQ there. I would of loved to of been there heh.
As far as I remember Levelord telling it, he left 3D Realms during Atomic Edition, so the credit for his levels was given to the people who finished them off, which is kind of a jerk move. He really wasn't a fan of what George did to Shop-N-Bag, either...

Last I heard Levelord's more or less retired from the games industry at large due to health concerns and makes the occasional "hidden object" game from his kitchen.

Here's a neat thing PC Gamer linked today: EpiQuake, an attempt at redoing all of Quake's audio in a more cinematic manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81mzI9oBmcI

Tom Nook
Nov 14, 2005

Always crashing in the same car

The Kins posted:

As far as I remember Levelord telling it, he left 3D Realms during Atomic Edition, so the credit for his levels was given to the people who finished them off, which is kind of a jerk move. He really wasn't a fan of what George did to Shop-N-Bag, either...

Last I heard Levelord's more or less retired from the games industry at large due to health concerns and makes the occasional "hidden object" game from his kitchen.

It looks like Levelord is completely done with the industry and doesn't even play games anymore

http://www.shacknews.com/article/75336/where-are-they-now-richard-levelord-gray

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tom Nook posted:

It looks like Levelord is completely done with the industry and doesn't even play games anymore

http://www.shacknews.com/article/75336/where-are-they-now-richard-levelord-gray
Kind of a shame, but after making so many awesome maps over the years, I think he's earned a rest.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Honestly, PS3 Doom Classic Complete, did you have to put the Delete Save Games option on the main menu, without having it require any kind of confirmation whatsoever? :(

Also here's a Eurogamer article that discusses the parts of Doom that were cut out during development (you can see most of them in the alpha video I previously linked): http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-30-the-deleted-scenes-of-doom

quote:

"You are a soldier in the UAAF (United Aerospace Armed Forces) assigned to the military research base on the darkside of the giant moon Tei Tenga," reads a draft press release - and already there are significant differences. In the finished game the UAAF is changed to the UAC and, while the name Tei Tenga still appears on computer readouts, Doom is actually set on Mars' moons.

"You and four friends are having a game of cards in the hangar bay," Hall writes, describing the opening cut-scene Doom never had. "Meanwhile, the research team are doing experiments at the anomalies found on the moon. There is a flash of horrible light and two gates open at equidistant points on the moon's surface... Every awake [sic] is quickly killed. One reaching for the alarm button has his hand chopped off!"

Granted, the occasionally broken English doesn't do the proposed storyline any favours - especially when characters have names such as Janella Sabando and Petro Pietrovich - but it's better than nothing. Between the episode-by-episode summaries and the brief character bios there's enough to provide a flavour of the Doom-that-might-have-been. Think Left 4 Dead meets System Shock.

Zero Star fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 31, 2013

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Kins posted:

Here's a neat thing PC Gamer linked today: EpiQuake, an attempt at redoing all of Quake's audio in a more cinematic manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81mzI9oBmcI

I've tried this sound pack and holy poo poo is drat nice. I normally play Quake the closest i can to the old GLQuake but I launched Darkplaces with EpiQuake and I have to say that I'm impressed enough to get Quake Epsilon and EpiQuake toguether and throw all the eyecandy there. The soundtrack alone is well worth it.

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -
Coughed up another Quake guide. This one is about playing deathmatch vs. bots: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123626484

capitalCORN
Mar 27, 2005
Hello all. I narrowed my eduke32 problem to the DUKE3D.GRP file. If I use the shareware version included in the HRP package, everything works fine. Once I copy over my Atomic Edition DUKE.GRP (I've tried both GOG and CD sources), the HRP components don't load. I've registered at the duke4.net forums for guidance, but apparently I can't post a topic or even reply. Any insight guys?

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -
Anything interesting in the eduke32.log file?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Guillermus posted:

I've tried this sound pack and holy poo poo is drat nice. I normally play Quake the closest i can to the old GLQuake but I launched Darkplaces with EpiQuake and I have to say that I'm impressed enough to get Quake Epsilon and EpiQuake toguether and throw all the eyecandy there. The soundtrack alone is well worth it.

The guy who made Epiquake has stated that it was intended to be a companion mod for Epsilon - fleshing out the one part of the aesthetic that was still 'vanilla'.

capitalCORN
Mar 27, 2005

Johnny Law posted:

Anything interesting in the eduke32.log file?

This all there is:

EDuke32 2.0.0devel r3308
Compiled Dec 20 2012 04:21:13
Using C:/Users/Santa Cruz/Documents/My Games/FPSes/Duke3D/ for game data
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 6.1.7601)
Initializing DirectDraw...
Searching for game data...
Using C:/Users/Santa Cruz/Documents/My Games/FPSes/Duke3D/autoload/ for game data
Using "DUKE3D.GRP" as main game data file.
Using group file "autoload/duke3d_hrp.zip".
Using group file "autoload/duke3d_music.zip".
Using group file "autoload/duke3d_voxels.zip".
Using group file "autoload/duke3d_xxx.zip".
Using group file "autoload/duke3d_hrp.zip".
Using group file "autoload/duke3d_music.zip".
Using group file "autoload/duke3d_voxels.zip".
Using group file "autoload/duke3d_xxx.zip".
Compiling: GAME.CON (151190 bytes)
Including: DEFS.CON (35992 bytes)
Including: USER.CON (45482 bytes)
GAME.CON: In actor `ORGANTIC':
GAME.CON:3967: warning: found `else' with no `if'.
GAME.CON: In state `pigshootenemystate':
GAME.CON:5890: warning: found `else' with no `if'.
Found 2 warning(s), 0 error(s).
Resizing code buffer to 16189*4 bytes
Script compiled in 72ms, 16181*4b, version 1.4+
2006/11264 labels, 322/2048 variables, 2/512 arrays
125 quotes, 207 actors
Initialized 24.0M cache
Loading "duke3d.def"
Definitions file "duke3d.def" loaded.
Using RTS file "DUKE.RTS".
Initializing OSD...
Initializing DirectInput...
- Enumerating attached game controllers
* GAMEPAD: XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)
Controller has 5 axes, 10 buttons, and 1 hat(s).
Executing "settings.cfg"
Disabling desktop composition...
Setting video mode 1680x1050 (32-bit fullscreen)
OpenGL Information:
Version: 4.3.0
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2
Opened "autoload/textures" as cache file
Initializing Polymer subsystem...
PR : Initialization complete in 69 ms.
Initializing music...
Initializing sound... 32 voices, 2 channels, 16-bit 44100 Hz

Wrote eduke32.cfg

Nothing suspicious I think...

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

How exactly do you survive the final room of Map 10 of Community Chest 4 in Brutal Doom? The room has you surrounded by Revenants, and then it opens up slightly and surrounds you with 8 Mancubus. I tried going around the edge of the room, but the damage from the flames builds up too quickly for me to do anything.

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:

Mill Village posted:

How exactly do you survive the final room of Map 10 of Community Chest 4 in Brutal Doom? The room has you surrounded by Revenants, and then it opens up slightly and surrounds you with 8 Mancubus. I tried going around the edge of the room, but the damage from the flames builds up too quickly for me to do anything.

Two steps
1. Type IDDQD
2. Spark another tired discussion about how maps aren't balanced for Brutal Doom

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

That, or just lower the difficulty setting. That map is hard as nails even without Brutal Doom, at least on UV. Even 'easier' modern level packs are often best toned down a notch or two, as the base difficulty level is just much higher than it used to be.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Pretty sure that trap has the exact same number of monsters on both hmp and uv. It relies on you being able to shoot the bfg at point blank range.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Yeah, I'm playing on HMP because I find UV way too hard in Brutal Doom, but this map in general has been pretty tough for me. There's a lot of teleporting monster ambushes. Up to this point, I was doing fine.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Korendian Leader posted:

Pretty sure that trap has the exact same number of monsters on both hmp and uv. It relies on you being able to shoot the bfg at point blank range.

Ah, if that's the case, then it should still be doable, so long as you don't miss. Ever. The BFG doesn't do self-splash damage if the orb hits an enemy, and I hear that the next build of Brutal is going to drop the self-damage on non-explosive weapons altogether.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Korendian Leader posted:

This. I find "spawn you right up against a bunch of Mancubus" to be a really tired trap, but the best solution is to go nuts with the BFG until everything's dead.

Dominic White posted:

Ah, if that's the case, then it should still be doable, so long as you don't miss. Ever. The BFG doesn't do self-splash damage if the orb hits an enemy, and I hear that the next build of Brutal is going to drop the self-damage on non-explosive weapons altogether.

Yeah, the latest V0.18 test has self-damage removed. It took me a long time to notice it, but it's gone.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
So as to save WHOIS John Galt's effort in keeping the Reelism Hype Train chugging along, the big update is getting unleashed on Valentine's Day. Five new maps, nine new reels, three new bosses. It's a lot better than the previous version, and people seemed to like that a lot, so I'm looking forward to the reactions!

Here's the updated intro sequence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyRSuvEha1A

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This. I find "spawn you right up against a bunch of Mancubus" to be a really tired trap, but the best solution is to go nuts with the BFG until everything's dead.

Yeah, the latest V0.18 test has self-damage removed. It took me a long time to notice it, but it's gone.

Yeah, I ended up doing that. Cleared it out on my first attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

To this day, a lot of people still haven't figured out the proper technique to using the BFG. You need to treat it like the SSG, but much bigger, and with a far wider cone of fire. It does pitifully low damage if you're just slugging away at enemies at long range, but you can one-shot the spider mastermind if you smack it point-blank, as it's a wide enough target to effectively catch the full power of the blast. This doesn't work nearly as well in Brutal Doom, but the spider's brain is much more vulnerable to direct damage, to it's safer to engage at range.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 1, 2013