Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Helmets with flags and planes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
D&D.flv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft19unxHP2U&t=199s

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 28, 2013

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Crasscrab posted:

Mi amor~

Berlusconi defends Mussolini for backing Hitler

This was at a Holocaust Memorial service, by the way. :v: You are the leader that Europe needs the most, Silvio! Never forget that!

See, I read that and all I can think is "This week's episode of The Bugle is going to be loving amazing."

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Lamuella posted:

See, I read that and all I can think is "This week's episode of The Bugle is going to be loving amazing."

:allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yLR3Y4PnA

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Ho Chi Mint posted:

They don't allow bbq grills?

There might have been some central government regulation I don't know about, but I think it's just a compilation of various common restriction or warning signs. You see "grillen verboten" in most parks and open spaces, because Bavarians are loving obsessed with barbecuing and will start fires in any open space if you don't stop them.

Most big apartment blocks will give each apartment a small balcony, just big enough to fit a portable grill.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Oh yeah... That thing happened today. RIP.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Crasscrab posted:

She never read the books because they promote witchcraft.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crasscrab posted:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
More like owned ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qAi_9quzUY

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Earth fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 18, 2014

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

This is perfect. What's it from?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

NewtGoongrich posted:

Looks like it's from HAWP (Hey Ashley Whatcha Playing).

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world...remium-1.496880

Rupert Murdoch apologized on Twitter for this cartoon.

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 28, 2013

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfMC3FX7YL8

It's from this, I hate linking a reupload of it but I can't find the original for the life of me.

e: I guess they have some sort of thing with gametrailers.

quote:

While magazines and TV chains report about the lives and love affairs of movie actors and actresses, football players and other celebrities, the Chief of the Kayapo tribe heard the worst news of his entire life:

Mrs. Dilma, the president of Brazil, has given her approval for the construction of an enormous hydroelectric central (the world’s third largest one).

This means the death sentence for ALL the tribes living at the shores of the river because the barrage will flood more or less 400 000 hectares of the forest.

More than 40 000 natives will have to find other living surroundings where they will be able to survive.

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 28, 2013

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

quote:

After 33 years on the throne, Queen Beatrix is abdicating in favour of her oldest son, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander. The 74-year-old went on national television and radio on Monday evening to announce the departure, saying she will relinquish the crown at the end of April

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Saw this on fb this morning with that same text but it's from 2011. Weird that its going around now.

http://feministing.com/2013/01/28/birth-control-shots-were-forced-on-ethiopian-immigrants-to-israel/

quote:

Five years after allegations were first levied, and over a month after the issue again attracted mainstream attention through the Israel Educational Television documentary “Vacuum,” the Israeli government has admitted that Ethiopian women were coerced into accepting long-acting birth control shots, likely Depo-Provera. Haaretz writes:

…While the women were still in transit camps in Ethiopia they were sometimes intimidated or threatened into taking the injection. “They told us they are inoculations,” said one of the women interviewed [in "Vacuum"]. “They told us people who frequently give birth suffer. We took it every three months. We said we didn’t want to.”

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

You can see that Utah is a younger state than Arkansas or Oklahoma that even though gay marriage is less popular over every population group it's still overall more popular.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
It's pretty telling how the range narrows as the average goes down as well, that's some good indoctrination, Lou.

Crossposted from the weatherpocalypse thread, because climate change is totally a LIEBERAL SCARE TACTIC GUYS

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Earth posted:

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." -(Allegedly) Sinclair Lewis

Thank God she doesn't have any political savvy like Hitler or Mussolini then.

This lovely little political image macro is courtesy of Free Republic. Enjoy.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Iranian state TV says the country has successfully sent a monkey into space in what was described as another step towards the country's goal of a manned space flight.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

BrotherAdso
May 22, 2008

stat rosa pristina nomine
nomina nuda tenemus
"Running the Negros Out"

Tulsa burns, 1919

while in New York, the nation's new immigrants celebrate their heritage

"Italian-American Pageant," c1921

BrotherAdso fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 29, 2013

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Stew Man Chew posted:

It's pretty telling how the range narrows as the average goes down as well, that's some good indoctrination, Lou.

Crossposted from the weatherpocalypse thread, because climate change is totally a LIEBERAL SCARE TACTIC GUYS

Speaking of that thread and global warming, what about the one of God holding a magnifying glass up to Australia from a week or two ago?

Long story short: the Australian Bureau of Meteorology ran out of colours to use in their forecasts due to a record breaking heatwave. The new purple colour they added represents 50-52 Celsius (122-126 Fahrenheit).

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Those acronyms are abbreviations for risk of tornado outbreaks. In fuckin January.

Like in Joplin, Missouri, at a more seasonally appropriate time last year:

someone in Australia posted about their area getting 500mm of rain over the last week, what in the shiiiiit. (19 inches)

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 29, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

NewtGoongrich posted:

It's a Hey Ash Whatchya Playin' short from Game Trailers, and it's hysterical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfMC3FX7YL8

:nws: for "The Penetrator".

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Stew Man Chew posted:

Those acronyms are abbreviations for risk of tornado outbreaks. In fuckin January.

As long as they keep hitting the 3rd world countries/states.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

What do they mean by "explicit" support, though?

Can I support explicit marriage?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I hope you all don't hate me too much for this, but all the bike chat made me want to find out just how many people die or get injured in bicycle accidents. I was able to find this study: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pubs/811156.pdf

The gist was :

As a California bay area resident I have some strong opinions about bicyclists. I also use my bicycle to get around, and it totally sucks. It's difficult merging my opinions about how other bicyclists behave on the road and how I want to be safe to drive my bike to work.

An example. Every day I see cyclists completely ignore traffic law. Stop signs, stop lights, cross walks, turn signals, the whole 9 yards. In the US cars and bike's are legally the same. This upsets me and makes me not give two shits if they get hit by a car. On the other hand when I am out riding my bike and some rear end in a top hat is using the bike lane as a parking space, I get just as upset. It does seem there is a lack of mutual respect among cyclists and drivers. I think the right answer is to separate bicycle routes from car routes. My city has actually closed off a few side streets from car access to allow bike thoroughfares. It works pretty well, but it can still be a challenge if your route doesn't go along those streets. The frontage roads between towns also have bike paths that follow the road off to the side by 10-15 feet. The bike road itself is about one regular lane wide and has a center divide to separate cross traffic.

What I am trying to say is, Bike safety shouldn't be this difficult.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 29, 2013

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrotherAdso posted:

"Running the Negros Out"

Tulsa burns, 1919

"In conjunction with the anti-lynching campaign, in 1920 the NAACP began flying a flag from the windows of its headquarters at 69 Fifth Avenue when a lynching occurred. The threat of losing its lease forced the NAACP to discontinue the practice in 1938."

Chantilly Say posted:

What do they mean by "explicit" support, though?

I guess it means answering Yes to the question "Do you support gay marriage?" instead of "I don't care" which could be construed as implicit support?

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Earth posted:

lolwut... Are you loving kidding me?

Science, man. Wasn't there just a study that was released about how 95+% of scientists fall to the democratic party because of republican's ardent hatred of the scientific method?

A few years ago but this one might be what you're thinking of:
http://www.people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Australia is flooding, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Stew Man Chew posted:

...which is not unusual for that part of the country at this time of year. Just about every notable tornado incident in my part of North Carolina occurred in November or January, except for the 1984 and 2011 outbreaks.

Not to say climate change plays no role in recent winter outbreaks, but it's pretty HuffingtonPostish to consider it remarkable. In the meantime, here's a concerned citizen visiting Xenia after the 1974 super outbreak.

• Locked thread