Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Look a few posts above you for pete's sake
Its not replacing, it's actually MOVING, and switching spots. Try reading before bitching at someone.

Edit:

pokeyman posted:

This sounds a lot like the bookmark parsing thing that'll be fixed in 1.10.1. Unfortunately that's a week or two away. Hold tight!
Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Could we get a new thread button?

Also, how about a refresh button on awful browser?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Cryptic Edge posted:

Could we get a new thread button?

Sure, but it won't do anything. (Posting threads is on the list!)

quote:

Also, how about a refresh button on awful browser?

I'll put it on the list!

Every application evolves until it can read mail, and so on.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pokeyman posted:

Sure, but it won't do anything. (Posting threads is on the list!)

I'll put it on the list!

Every application evolves until it can read mail, and so on.

Well, it wouldn't do much good to have the button if it does nothing :)

The refresh would be nice for sure though, I like the embedded browser when I'm following from a thread (can you tell? Lol)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hey there is a new "It's Time To Rumble" thread tag. Thought I'd let you guys know before another update is submitted.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! I'll try to do it before work tomorrow, in bed with my iPad now ( I'm becoming such an old man ).

The good news it doesn't have to go through the AppStore to load it. The app checks github every 18 hours for thread tag additions, allowing it to be side-loaded.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Hey there is a new "It's Time To Rumble" thread tag. Thought I'd let you guys know before another update is submitted.

They can add new icons between updates now, it's a really clever workaround to the app store process. It's all hosted on their GitHub account and the app checks to see if there are new icons to use.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The Dave posted:

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! I'll try to do it before work tomorrow, in bed with my iPad now ( I'm becoming such an old man ).

The good news it doesn't have to go through the AppStore to load it. The app checks github every 18 hours for thread tag additions, allowing it to be side-loaded.

I've got this one. I've already got the source image saved, but I didn't know it was made into a thread tag.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
This is going to sound weird, since I haven't looked at how the app parses SA the site into SA the webview, but if you can sideload images, would it be possible to sideload parsing code? Just have some binary file format that contains a hash of "element" => "location of element", use that hash when rendering, and check git for an updated parsing file?

If that's not possible or too much work feel free to ignore this post entirely :shobon:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Ursine Asylum posted:

This is going to sound weird, since I haven't looked at how the app parses SA the site into SA the webview, but if you can sideload images, would it be possible to sideload parsing code? Just have some binary file format that contains a hash of "element" => "location of element", use that hash when rendering, and check git for an updated parsing file?

If that's not possible or too much work feel free to ignore this post entirely :shobon:

Definitely thought about it. In fact I'm not sure you're the first to suggest it in this thread :)

With any luck, most of our parsing problems should be solved soon enough.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
I woke up this morning and found that there were no forums in my forum list. I could get to the parent forum of my bookmarks, but not the overall list. I then restarted the phone, looked at the forum list again, and found only 3 - GBS, TG and BSS. I selected each to check them, and each time I went back to the list, the one I'd used was gone. Any idea whats happening?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Diabolik900 posted:

I've got this one. I've already got the source image saved, but I didn't know it was made into a thread tag.

Good man right here.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Stumiester posted:

I woke up this morning and found that there were no forums in my forum list. I could get to the parent forum of my bookmarks, but not the overall list. I then restarted the phone, looked at the forum list again, and found only 3 - GBS, TG and BSS. I selected each to check them, and each time I went back to the list, the one I'd used was gone. Any idea whats happening?

Unfortunately I don't, but you're not alone. You can try logging out and back in maybe. Should be a bit better in 1.10.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

pokeyman posted:

Unfortunately I don't, but you're not alone. You can try logging out and back in maybe. Should be a bit better in 1.10.

Failing this, delete/reinstall?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
This has probably been reported already, but I'm experiencing a strange bug where if I go into a thread in my bookmarks it disappears from my bookmarks until I refresh. I'm on a 4s with the latest software and latest App Store version of Awful.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Magnus Praeda posted:

This has probably been reported already, but I'm experiencing a strange bug where if I go into a thread in my bookmarks it disappears from my bookmarks until I refresh. I'm on a 4s with the latest software and latest App Store version of Awful.

This will be fixed as soon as the current in-review version is approved. (Or rejected, I guess.)

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Coq au Nandos posted:

Failing this, delete/reinstall?

It might help temporarily but you'll be doing a lot I'm afraid.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I've found the Nitpick to End All Nitpicks: when text is on the last visible line in the post box, a correction popup will come up under the keyboard. Like this:

I don't know if it's just related to the (awesome awesome) shortcut bar or if it's always been that way.

E: actually is there a way to get it to ignore stuff in bbcode brackets? It's trying to correct s to a, and i to I (which is fine, but unnecessary). Maybe I can only do that myself (on my device I mean)

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Yeah I've noticed some weirdness there too. Before the bar of handy keys too.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
I seem to have my list of bookmarks cut off. When I get to the end of the loaded bookmarks, there's no "loading more" animation although there might be room for it? I'm pretty sure I saw the whole list in the past but reloading doesn't help.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

myron cope posted:

I've found the Nitpick to End All Nitpicks: when text is on the last visible line in the post box, a correction popup will come up under the keyboard. Like this:

I don't know if it's just related to the (awesome awesome) shortcut bar or if it's always been that way.

E: actually is there a way to get it to ignore stuff in bbcode brackets? It's trying to correct s to a, and i to I (which is fine, but unnecessary). Maybe I can only do that myself (on my device I mean)

While the little correction window pops up, I believe (just going off of personal experience here) that typing a square bracket with the suggestion up makes it ignore its suggestions and cancel the autocorrect. I can't tell if I'm doing a really bad job of explaining this, but if you just close the bracket it should go away.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
I think this has been posted before but I am too lazy to go back and look for it on my phone:

After reading the unread posts of a bookmarked thread, the thread is temporarily gone from the bookmarks upon return to the list.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Scuzzywuffit posted:

While the little correction window pops up, I believe (just going off of personal experience here) that typing a square bracket with the suggestion up makes it ignore its suggestions and cancel the autocorrect. I can't tell if I'm doing a really bad job of explaining this, but if you just close the bracket it should go away.

Hm, I've tried just ignoring it but when I hit the space bar it auto-corrects anyway. Sometimes, at least.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Is the picture upload feature still on the books to be fixed?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Still can't use see my keyboard. I'm getting pretty good at guessing where the letters are, this took less than 10 seconds.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

10 Beers posted:

Is the picture upload feature still on the books to be fixed?

Plan is to get it working yup. Sorry for the delay.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Hope you don't log out for awhile as you can't currently log in! Working on a fix.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Can't login using an iPad mini, I've tried to manually input my password and pasting it with no luck. Any ideas?

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So I've noticed an unreliability selecting text in others posts. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't, but the grey bar of doom has happened a lot less frequently.

Also, still would love a rap sheet option added in. I like to know why people were probated so I don't do the same :)

Weaponized Cum posted:

Can't login using an iPad mini, I've tried to manually input my password and pasting it with no luck. Any ideas?

Lol.

Edit: I've also noticed that sometimes clicking the ... For replies and what have you can take 3+ clicks.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Weaponized Cum posted:

Nobody's logging in until I get an update approved. Forums changed how login works :(

Cryptic Edge posted:

So I've noticed an unreliability selecting text in others posts. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't, but the grey bar of doom has happened a lot less frequently.

Also, still would love a rap sheet option added in. I like to know why people were probated so I don't do the same :)

Does selecting text in posts simply do nothing, or does it obstinately select the whole box of a post?

Rap sheet's on the list!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pokeyman posted:

Nobody's logging in until I get an update approved. Forums changed how login works :(

Does selecting text in posts simply do nothing, or does it obstinately select the whole box of a post?

Rap sheet's on the list!

Nothing at all, also, added to previous post in edit.

Sometimes it randomly works where I can select the entire post but never a single word (I do like to look poo poo up that people post a lot, so selecting poo poo is pretty damned important to me)

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Cryptic Edge posted:

Nothing at all, also, added to previous post in edit.

Sometimes it randomly works where I can select the entire post but never a single word (I do like to look poo poo up that people post a lot, so selecting poo poo is pretty damned important to me)

It bugs the hell out of me too.

What's the 3+ clicks thing? It just diesn't seem to register the first two?

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pokeyman posted:

It bugs the hell out of me too.

What's the 3+ clicks thing? It just diesn't seem to register the first two?

Basically. I can tap it, and nothing happens, I tap again and still nothing, I tap it a few more times and one of them will bring up the menu. This time I was lucky and it only took two taps. It reminds me of when I had my blackberry storm (and storm 2) and would try using it when drunk (they had a "feature" in it where it would need temp to trip the touch sensitivity, and when drinking my temp drops enough to put it below that limit, causing me to just hand the phone to others and make them type my drunken ramblings when I still had it)

Edit: I've seen the same reaction with the home button, but no other app has shown the same unresponsiveness to click of the home button. The home button reaction delay is far less bothersome, and kinda entertaining when it crops up, making me think it more of its just refusing to let me leave SA for now. Kinda a "one of us", and "you can never leave" vibe. I'm ok with that :).

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 28, 2013

Choochacacko
Jan 19, 2038
I've fixed the login issue temporarily on my end until a proper fix can be made available in the app store.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Cryptic Edge posted:

Basically. I can tap it, and nothing happens, I tap again and still nothing, I tap it a few more times and one of them will bring up the menu. This time I was lucky and it only took two taps. It reminds me of when I had my blackberry storm (and storm 2) and would try using it when drunk (they had a "feature" in it where it would need temp to trip the touch sensitivity, and when drinking my temp drops enough to put it below that limit, causing me to just hand the phone to others and make them type my drunken ramblings when I still had it)

I swear to God, I never had this problem until just now.

Choochacacko posted:

I've fixed the login issue temporarily on my end until a proper fix can be made available in the app store.

Has anyone told you you're the best?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Choochacacko posted:

Please don't ever leave us, Choochacacko. :)

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Diabolik900 posted:

I swear to God, I never had this problem until just now.

Why is this a common thing for bugs I find... Am I the bug whisperer or something?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Choochacacko posted:

That's really awesome of you considering there's no real obligation for it, thanks!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Apparently spoiler tags work on images now on the real forums but not in the app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That's because the App template / CSS is its own thing. We should be able to add it ourselves with some ol CSS logic.

• Locked thread